We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cant create trial account on a active user id from ddo

I have an account with turbine for ddo but I cant create a lotro 10 day trial on this account. Says the user id is already used, well really??? Anyway to fix this?
    and is there any plans to use turbine points in lotro? If not why does ddo call them turbine points?

Re: Cant create trial account on a active user id from ddo

You'll have to contact account support and have them manually add a key.
    You can contact them here.

As for Turbine Points being used in LotRO, I doubt it. I don't see what you would use them for and I can't really see how they would refit the game to support micro-transactions.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=gold][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/gildamon"]Gildamon[/URL] - Minstrel[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=indianred][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/ioanes"]Ioanes[/URL] - Loremaster[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=deepskyblue][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/arcenbryht"]Arcenbryht[/URL] - Captain[/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/CENTER]

Yes, you'll need to open a ticket with Account Management for LOTRO to request a Trial key. For the Type of Issue use "New Subscription" and in the Subject field put "Request LOTRO Free Trial Key". Currently Turbine's system only allows creating new accounts with a free trial, and does not allow adding a free trial for one game to an account for another game. LOTRO players have to do the same thing to get a DDO key as well (only they contact DDO).

Note: Account Management will email you a key to use.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

thanks all, but i've got no response from turbine yet

Actually, if you select "New Free Account Key Request" as the type, or enter that in the subject, those do get expedited responses. Turn around is within 2 business days.

Or you can call....
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @LOTRO