We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Download Issue

Download Issue

Well, I decided to take the plunge and try this game. Last night, I made it through the introduction of an area and I am already hooked...except for one thing. This issue may keep me from becoming a subscriber. The download manager.

My speeds aren't amazing in the area I live, but the download speed is slowing to a < 1 KB/s download speed. When I see this happening, I have to completely exit the launcher and re-start it. For a few minutes, I'll get the download speed I expect and then it starts all over again.

Troubleshooting done:
    - Configured my ports to open to the ports needed
    - Made sure the firewall isn't blocking the turbine client or lotro client
    - Checked on my ISP. My ISP does not restrict downloads or restrict peer to peer file sharing.
    - Did a tracert and the tracert came out looking great.

I have no trouble connecting to other games, downloading other software or connecting to the internet. I also have never had trouble running multiple applications that connect to the internet. I have never had issue with a patching client or a download client from other games.

I began to download the full game last night before I went to bed. Here it is 11AM and my ETA is looking to be 4 AM tomorrow morning. =/ That's not an acceptable time frame.

Re: Download Issue

Honestly the TDM is buggy (it's a beta version of the download manager).

You're better off un-installing it, deleting it, and downloading the game using one of the full client downloads.
    New Player? Check out this chart for Quest Pack access for different accounts/purchases. [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?427692-LotRO-Account-Quest-Pack-Access-Chart&p=5778210#post5778210[/URL]

German version here: [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?429055-HdRO-chart[/URL]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000179b7/signature.png]Kualo[/charsig]

Well that issue was resolved and now I am having another issue. My game crashes on every loading screen and on launch at the Turbine logo. I'm really not happy with my first experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralin View Post
    Well that issue was resolved and now I am having another issue. My game crashes on every loading screen and on launch at the Turbine logo. I'm really not happy with my first experience.
    Was working my way up the posts, please see my reply here to your post in this thread.