We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Newbie needs help -- please post

Ok. So i've got the 10 day trial thingy and I've been playing for a while and thinking its great. Then i get up to a bit where introduction bit is about to end and it says i need to wait till the rest is downloaded before i play on.

That bits all fine.

I closed the game and left the computer on. Now whenever i try and log back on this happens:

I start the game and log in, pick world, and get up to the place where its full screen and its got the big pic of the nazgul thing and the castle (nice pic btw) and where it says loading character data at bottom of the screen. then it goes black with the turbine sign in the middle of the screen. Then it goes back to my desktop and an error window says that their has been an error with the lotroclient and it has to close. Another window says that it had to change the colour scheme to basic- i tried again with basic- it still didn't work. I'd really like some help it does this every time.

basically- it crashes- window come saying it had to close- and i have no idea what to do.

thanks to anyone who can shed any light on this.

Re: Newbie needs help -- please post

Sounds like some sort of error with the client. Try the "repair" feature, or just reinstall with a new, full build.
    Click on the "down symbol" when you open your launcher, right across from the "SUPPORT" tab on the launcher, go to options, go to repair, and select the repair option.

I would honestly just uninstall and reinstall the game.

Good luck!

Try this, open up "My Documents" (XP) or "Documents" (Vista/7) > "The Lord of the Rings Online" and in there open the "userpreferences.ini" file and find the line "PlayedIntroMovie" and if its on False change it over to "True" (ie PlayedIntroMovie=True).

Exit and save the prefs file and if its still crashing post a dxdiag (the steps how are in the "how to get help" sticky linked in my sig).
    -Helpful Turbine Support Links-

Note
    : The
    Customer Support forums are best for player-to-player help, for direct official support, please submit a help request via the form here.

After submitting that ticket be sure to log in to your email providers website directly. Check spam/bulk mail folders and add noreply@turbine.com; techsupport@turbine.com and accountsupport@turbine.com to their "safe senders" list and your contacts list/address book as well. All tickets receive a reply but some responses get flagged as such and your email may not tell you it did so.

thanks all, it works now- advice really helped