We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't upgrade my free trial with boxed version?

Hi folks,

Having a bit of trouble upgrading my free trial to the full game, as I dont have a credit card that turbine will accept I went out and bought the boxed version as according to support pages you can do this, I quote;

"You can also purchase a boxed copy of The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria at your local electronics retailer. NOTE: A copy of The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar will NOT work to upgrade your trial. The copy must include Mines of Moria in order to upgrade your trial account.

To upgrade your LOTRO trial account once you have a LOTRO Retail Product Key:

1. Link to our Account Management website: https://myaccount.turbine.com/
    2. Wait for the page to fully load and log into it with the same Username and Password that you used to log into your LOTRO trial
    3. Once logged in, click "Activate Product Key"
    4. Enter your Retail Product Key
    5. Click “Submit”
    6. After submitting the Retail Product Key, you will be asked if you want to upgrade your Buddy/Trial subscription. Make sure to choose YES
    7. If you have more than one LOTRO subscription on your account, you will be asked which one you want to upgrade. Make sure you choose the subscription that you want to upgrade "

Okay so I have the boxed version of mines of moria, I put in the activation code that was in the box into my account details as explained above and I get the following message

"The Product Key you entered is not valid for use. If you believe this is an error, please contact Turbine Customer Service by visiting support.turbine.com. [err: 30022] "

It's 100% the correct key and I dont know if I'm being dumb and missed something or what. Anyone have any ideas? I dont want to have to wait a couple of weeks until my new visa arrives.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Re: Can't upgrade my free trial with boxed version?

It sounds like there was an issue with the system not recognizing your key. If you call support they can sort it out for you and get you squared away.

From the FAQ: Error 30022: Invalid Product Key

Be sure that the site has completely loaded and that you're entering the key in the correct area. Don't know where you're from, so make sure you have a retail box from Turbine for the US servers and not from Codemasters for the European servers. The two are not interchangeable. And, be sure you're using either Firefox or IE when accessing your Turbine account. Other browsers may have issues when trying to make changes (or add keys). Also be sure that your browser is accepting cookies.

After going through the FAQ, if you still have problems, then contact Account Management as Sapience indicated.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

oh god...I had no idea that US and EU were seperate accounts. Am I now screwed? I take it there is no way to transfer a char from US turbine account to EU account is there, or have I just wasted a week doing every single quest and getting every trait and title because im a dumbass. Im going to bang my head against the wall for a few minutes. I really dont know if i can face going through that all over again

Turbine and Codemasters are two separate companies. Each provides their own game servers, clients, account systems, forums, product keys, etc. Characters cannot be transferred between the two. You can still play on the US servers if you wish. You can either contact Account Management to have them manually add your card or perhaps do a one-time charge to it to upgrade your account, or purchase a product key online. There are a number of sites that sell game codes for LOTRO. Since many sell product keys for both the US and European servers, you need to be careful of which you are getting.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."