We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

95 FA vs 100 Second Age

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere but I couldnt find it.

How would DPS compare from a 95 First Age single handed weapon to a 100 Second Age single handed weapon. I just got my hands on a 95 symbol and thinking of making my javelin for my warden via the 95 first age and the 100 first age spear with the one via achievements and just pass altogether on the 2nd age 100 for my javelin. Is it going to be substantially noticeable? I would think I'd rather have more points for legacies. Thanks for any insight.
    Rank 12 Warden of Crickhollow

It depends on whether you're running end-game instances. It'll be noticeable when every last bit counts, perhaps, but in the rest of the game you probably won't notice.
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back. He kept the pony.

I kept my lv95 1st age around, when I made a 2nd age and 1st age lv100 (RK so..lighting, fire..heals LI's...)

I did abit of messing around, what Banaticus says is right.

Against normal mobs, where your 1-4shotting stuff. You wont notice it.

If your into Instances, raids etc, with high Morale Mobs, the 4-5% difference is gonna stick out. Its not end of world stuff. But it can be helpful.
    Capcom Stalker...
    English is not my 1st Language... So shhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie67 View Post
    I kept my lv95 1st age around, when I made a 2nd age and 1st age lv100 (RK so..lighting, fire..heals LI's...)

I did abit of messing around, what Banaticus says is right.

Against normal mobs, where your 1-4shotting stuff. You wont notice it.

If your into Instances, raids etc, with high Morale Mobs, the 4-5% difference is gonna stick out. Its not end of world stuff. But it can be helpful.
    The above is true but don't forget the higher number of legendary points that a 1st Ager gives you. In many instances, particularly when an LI does not actively do damage and the healing difference is negligible - e.g. champ rune, LM book, burg bag - a 95 1st Ager is actually much better than a 100 Second.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Unless you're planning to play as ranged dps (and maybe even then, if you're not doing t2 raids), you won't notice a difference in dps between a 95 FA and 100 SA javelin. I don't remember which legacies are on javelin, but if there are enough good ones that you can use the extra points, the 95 FA could be better than 100 SA.

Scroll of Delving/Empower for lv95 is a lot cheaper in term of mark and medal compared to ones for lv100.

If your character have not yet made a lv95 LI, just progress to get the 100. If already, then you may not want to bother.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

The DPS or other main stat is slightly higher for 100 SA, BUT remember the 95 FA will have more points to spend on legacies.

My detailed numbers comparing an identical legacy 100 FA bow with 3 crystals vs a 95 FA bow with 3 crystals showed a 2.5%-4.75% increase in DPS, depending on the skills used. The same comparison between 100 SA bow and 95 FA bow, showed 0.8% to 1.6% increase in DPS, but if I spent the extra legacy points for the 95 FA, I could get it to be better than the 100 SA.

Note that at lower levels (60, 65, 75, 85), moving up a level paid off significantly. But 95 to 100 wasn't as large a difference.

Given the time, effort, and cost in marks, shards, etc., to recreate at 100 what I had at 95, I decided it wasn't worth it.

Of course, more IS more, so if you want to replace that tired old 95 FA LI with a new stylish 100 FA LI and have the resources to spend on it, go for it. But going from a 95 FA to a 100 SA may or may not be an improvement.