We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

No button to push to start

downloaded game. played for an hour or so. Logged.
    When I went to get back on I realised there was no desktop button. Figured no problem, Went to game tab and it was there but not clickable.
    Went into the game file and the setup thing but not anything to click to play agian. Hit it and it started doing the whole set up thing over agian.
    Im hoping I am just a moron and did something wrong. IF not I am def not going to wait a half hour each time I want to play do to setup having to run. Samething is there agian after the second time I did it.

Thank you for your time

Re: No button to push to start

Go to your Windows Start icon on the left end of your toolbar. Left-click start, then games. It should be right there. It is for me. If you'd prefer to have a link on your desktop, you can drag and drop from there, which will give you the choice to copy the link to that location, or move it altogether.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000149cf/01003/signature.png]Gixcsamen[/charsig]

yes it is there, but unclickable. No matter how many times i mash the button lol

If I right click it there is no play button like the rest of the games. At this point until I get this figured out I am not playing. Spending 30 minutes to reset up just to play isnt working.
    I left wow after 5 years, 5 years of EQ before that and UO and mudds before that. Just looking for a new home hehe

Quote Originally Posted by baughman View Post
    If I right click it there is no play button like the rest of the games. At this point until I get this figured out I am not playing. Spending 30 minutes to reset up just to play isnt working.
    I left wow after 5 years, 5 years of EQ before that and UO and mudds before that. Just looking for a new home hehe
    I noticed the same thing on my last Bullroarer install (the client for the test server). I used the Turbine Download Manager for it and I did not on the live client install, so that may have been the reason.

For now, if you go to where you installed the game (default was likely the Program Files folder) and look for the Turbine folder, there should be a Lord of the Rings Online folder in there.

Look for a file called TurbineInvoker.exe and see if it launches the game client for you. If not that, look for TurbineLauncher.exe.

Good luck.

sorry I am not great with comps. I downloaded the full highrezs version.

Ok in my programs files I am unable to find the game at all. were i find it is.

-in the game file there is the logo but it is unclickable, even if I right click it doesnt show play.

-on my desktop is a folder listed as Lord of rings high res. when i open that is has over 16 bin files along with the setup launcher at top ( have used this 3 times now to get game to run at all.takes 30 minutes)

-in my uninstall programs thing it shows. The lord of the rings, that i can uninstall there.

nothing listed turbine at all just those places as lord of the rings.

if I buy the game it should fix this? I mean its only 20 bucks. but dont want to pay and find out its the same problem.

sorry I am not great with comps. I downloaded the full highrezs version.

Ok in my programs files I am unable to find the game at all. were i find it is.

-in the game file there is the logo but it is unclickable, even if I right click it doesnt show play.

-on my desktop is a folder listed as Lord of rings high res. when i open that is has over 16 bin files along with the setup launcher at top ( have used this 3 times now to get game to run at all.takes 30 minutes)

-in my uninstall programs thing it shows. The lord of the rings, that i can uninstall there.

nothing listed turbine at all just those places as lord of the rings.

if I buy the game it should fix this? I mean its only 20 bucks. but dont want to pay and find out its the same problem.
    Some of this is just a guess since I don't know the exact setup of your computer, but...

Go to the Start Menu and look for the 'Computer' link on the right side. Click it and the Windows Explorer should open to show you the disk drives on your computer.

Look for one called 'Local Disk (C: )' and open it by double-clicking on it.

Now look for a folder called 'Program Files' and open it.

In there, look for a folder called 'Turbine' and open it.

In there, look for a folder called 'The Lord of the Rings Online' and open it.

(If you have made it this far with no problems, don't worry, we're almost to the end. )

Now look for the files I mentioned in my previous post. TurbineInvoker.exe or TurbineLauncher.exe. Try opening the game using one of those.

If this works, let me know and I can tell you how to make the icon in your Games Explorer work as well. If it does not work, or you can not find the folders I mentioned, let me know what error you received or what it was you could not find.

turbine invoker app worked to launch it. woohoo.

turbine invoker app worked to launch it. woohoo.
    Glad it worked!

If you want to update the icon in the Games Explorer, here are the steps that should work:

Open Games Explorer.

Right-click the Lord of the Rings icon (the one you mentioned that had no 'Play' option).

Select Customize... from the menu.

On the window that pops up, select 'Play command 0 <unused>' and click the Add button (a Create Shortcut window should open).

Click the Browse... button (a folder tree should open).

Navigate to the TurbineInvoker.exe file the same way you did earlier. Open Computer, then Local Disk (C: ), then Program Files, then Turbine, then The Lord of the Rings Online.

Select the file TurbineInvoker.exe and click OK.

Click Next, then click Finish, then click Close.

Now you should be able to either double-click that icon to launch, or right-click and have the Play option.