We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Game crashing when opening map.

Greetings,

I have had nothing but issues attempting to play this game. I will detail the issues I have gone through below, but the one I am experiencing now is that the game crashes every time I try to open the map. I used to be able to open the map before installing the full game as opposed to just the intro.

Initially, I tried the Turbine download manager and I successfully downloaded the intro after the download manager crashed my system and stalled a few times. I was able to play the game, but the download of the remainder of the game froze. So, after a lot of troubleshooting and renaming files to _old as found in various threads, I got the remainder of the game to download from the launcher without the download manager. However, then the game would black screen and return to the desktop every time I signed onto a server.

So, I uninstalled Turbine and reinstalled the game with the standard res full install. It appeared to install properly, and I am now back in the game with the full version only every time I use the map it crashes (I repeat, I did use the map before with no issues). My resolution is correct, anti-aliasing is off. Graphics are set to medium. Refesh rate set to sync. Drivers up to date. Etc.

1 gig of ram
    1.82gig AMD processor XP 2500+
    ATI Radeon X1650 pro video card
    Windows XP SP2

Is there a chance something borked with the install of the maps and I should reinstall. I am considering buying the game but being I've experienced issue after issue I am reconsidering as it seems abnormally buggy. My basis of comparison is that FF online runs fine on my system.

Is my system capable of playing the game? It seems to run fine besides this one issue.

Re: Game crashing when opening map.

Quote Originally Posted by RamlaAlethea View Post
    Greetings,

I have had nothing but issues attempting to play this game. I will detail the issues I have gone through below, but the one I am experiencing now is that the game crashes every time I try to open the map. I used to be able to open the map before installing the full game as opposed to just the intro.

Initially, I tried the Turbine download manager and I successfully downloaded the intro after the download manager crashed my system and stalled a few times. I was able to play the game, but the download of the remainder of the game froze. So, after a lot of troubleshooting and renaming files to _old as found in various threads, I got the remainder of the game to download from the launcher without the download manager. However, then the game would black screen and return to the desktop every time I signed onto a server.

So, I uninstalled Turbine and reinstalled the game with the standard res full install. It appeared to install properly, and I am now back in the game with the full version only every time I use the map it crashes (I repeat, I did use the map before with no issues). My resolution is correct, anti-aliasing is off. Graphics are set to medium. Refesh rate set to sync. Drivers up to date. Etc.

1 gig of ram
    1.82gig AMD processor XP 2500+
    ATI Radeon X1650 pro video card
    Windows XP SP2

Is there a chance something borked with the install of the maps and I should reinstall. I am considering buying the game but being I've experienced issue after issue I am reconsidering
    as it seems abnormally buggy. My basis of comparison is that FF online runs fine on my system.

Is my system capable of playing the game? It seems to run fine besides this one issue.
    Try reinstalling just one more time.

Alright, tired of dealing with it today so I will continue to play for the evening sans map, but before I go to bed I will uninstall all components completely and run the standard res installer again. I will report back on the status of the problem after doing this.

In my opinion - you're better off just going with the standard install - a lot fewer issues involved.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Alright, well 8th time is a charm or whatever. Map seems to be working now, no errors yet. Fingers crossed I can finally play the game!

If you have any more issues, I recommend contacting Tech support (link in my signature).
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @LOTRO