We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Black Screen then Crash Fix

I have been having this issue now after downloading the game to try again. I log in, the loader picks my world and the black screen comes up to load in full screen then crashes to desktop.

I am running Win7 64 versions and couldn't figure out until i started playing around with the game. It seems to be connected to the DX10 options as whenever i click this box to enable, areas of the game "glitch" and become messed up or blacked out. This is when i restart the game and have the problem above.

The fix i found to get back in and play again is to load the launcher to the point where you log in. Above these boxes are 4 buttons and the left one, when clicked brings up a list where you can click on OPTIONS. When you click this another box comes up. the 3rd tab is repair and in that directory is a check box to reset the in game graphics.

If you click this box and then log in, you should be able to get in and play again. It works for me.

Re: Black Screen then Crash Fix

Quote Originally Posted by skorem View Post
    I have been having this issue now after downloading the game to try again. I log in, the loader picks my world and the black screen comes up to load in full screen then crashes to desktop.
    I don't know about the in-game graphics issue you mentioned, but this part right here sounds like a common issue I have seen.

If, when the game is launching in full screen, LotRO does not have focus (meaning there are no windows or task bars on top of it), it will crash back to desktop. I used to notice this every once in a while and got into the habit of just clicking anywhere on the black screen as it is loading to be sure it is in front of all else.