We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: The Gambler Guide

Veary good and interesting guid. For me its 4 QK and 3 TG. I have tryed the 3 full line and i never liked to have 5 trait in the same Color. For me the gamble is a very good help to complet a dps build with QK. My weapon is build for surpise trike from stealth and bleed dmg.

One thing that im not sur but desapoint me is the legacy +x% burglar skill bleed dmg do not affect the dmg gamble DOT.

I like to use LS and some time Feint attack with there 5minutes cooldown. They are still usefull when needed. Using them with cooldown of 15 or 1 minutes is a wast for me compared to all what i can do by sloting some other bether traits from other colors.

What i find interesting is the use of WPS from stealth. I have to test somthing with that.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000c00e2/signature.png]Tipere[/charsig]
    The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by LavenderFire View Post
    Having the ability to mez any creature type is invaluable. If you're fighting humanoid/intelligent mobs though then you become near godly. You can mez up to 7 targets (I think....with traited Confound) within a short time frame which will surely impress your fellowship!
    Holy Valar. Seven at a time? Shades of the Brave Little Tailor. I'll look forward to achieving that. (At whatever highfalutin' level it requires.)
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Sadly, you can only keep 3 to 4 targets down consistently. Confound is a 3-target mez, but with a five minute cooldown. Also, to use it you have to be in mischief stance, which disables stealth (which sucks).
    [CENTER][color="#1188FF"](███████████████ THERE IS NO DEATH[COLOR=Grey]╠[U]▀‼▀▀▀▀!!!▀▀▀▀‼▀[/U]╣[/COLOR]THERE IS THE FORCE ██████████████)[/color][/CENTER]

Only thing I really have to add, is that to get the most out of the debuff from retort it's best to wait 10-13 seconds before GS-ing it to T6, for about ~28-29s of debuffing.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Does any of you traits deep into the Gambler when playing in Ettens? Is it worth going there with this traitline? If yes, then how do you play TG there?
    [i]Treat me mean, I need the reputation.[/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstah View Post
    Does any of you traits deep into the Gambler when playing in Ettens? Is it worth going there with this traitline? If yes, then how do you play TG there?
    I roll deep Gambler in the moors (5blue 2yellow) and it is a very efficient traitline, if not the best, for PVP because you have more survival skills (best debuffs, more mezzes).

First of all, 95% of the burgs I see roll QK in the moors because it is a simple traitline to understand, efficient, 100% reliable and have the biggest numbers on crits. Rolling gambler will make you stand out of the crowd and if you do well you can acquire quite the reputation among creeps.

I won't go into deep details on how I play in the moors because there is always an addaptation factor depending of what happens during the fight but I will tell you why gambler are great in PVP. So like I said earlier, the advantage of playing a gambler is that you have the best debuff of the class : Clever Retort debuffing gamble and you also get an extra range mezz better than riddle, the glee disabling gamble.

Against melee (Reaver and Warg) the key is to have a good critical rating to get a devastating as soon as possible in the fight. Never use clever retort if you dont have the devastating gambler buff or you will waste that skill. As soon as you get your buff, strike with CR, then wait a bit and reinforce the debuff with gambler strike. If you get the CR debuff vs a melee, it's basicaly an automatic win for you.

Then you have Glee mezz! The best mezz Burglars can have. Very efficient against creeps that try to kite you (Spiders and BA). Instead of wasting a hips to get out of a spider web, throw a glee mezz at him. Then you can get to your enemy, land a few hits then reinforce the mezz with gambler strike, pinning down the spider long enough for the webbing to wear off. Glee mezz is also realy good when you have to deal with multiple creeps.

Sure a Gambler will deal less DPS than a QK, but creeps will also hit you a lot less often and will also deal a lot less damage (if debuffs are applied). You can also deal with multiple mobs a lot easier and considering how often you get ganked in the moors, it is certainly a good thing
    Last edited by Simon23; Nov 26 2011 at 10:27 AM.
    Palesinik, Brandywine Epic Gambler Burg

Anyone notice that the t6 DoT is sort of underwhelming now? It seems like it *may* do 100-200 more damage, I could be wrong, but it seems weaker now. Is it intended to be small because of its aoe capability?
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon23 View Post
    you also get an extra range mezz better than riddle, the glee disabling gamble.
    Isn't Mischievous Glee a melee range (2.5m) skill? So how can that be a ranged mezz, if you need to apply it within 2.5m of your target? Or am I missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by OOWS View Post
    Isn't Mischievous Glee a melee range (2.5m) skill? So how can that be a ranged mezz, if you need to apply it within 2.5m of your target? Or am I missing something.
    Its range gets increased by the trick range legacy.
    [B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"

Does bleed weapon legacy affects DoTs from gambles?
    [i]Treat me mean, I need the reputation.[/i]

Does bleed weapon legacy affects DoTs from gambles?
    No. It only effects cunning attack and well placed strike.

Might as well link the gambler's guide since we have this thead back up.

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Gambler_Guide
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystarr View Post
    No. It only effects cunning attack and well placed strike.

Might as well link the gambler's guide since we have this thead back up.

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Gambler_Guide
    Hello can anyone tell me if this is still valid. Just checking since the post is bit old.

Just to be on the safe side - Lucky Strike DOT is not affected by Bleed Legacy ?

Thanks
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/911993610lotro_lotro18.png[/img][/url]

very much so, I think there are more gambler burglars in pvmp on my server than quiet knife now. Ive built my burglar for bleeds, 5 gambler traits, dust in the eyes, and cunning wound with the proper legacies on dagger. as palenisk said, you wont hit nearly as hard as quiet knife but my personal opinion is that the gambler gives you more survivability and its just simply fun having all those tricks(no pun intended) at your disposal. the main difference between the gambler and quiet knife whether its in pve or pvp, is that in quiet knife all your damage is bursting all at once, the gambler becomes stronger and more potent the longer fight goes. a quiet knife burglar is for the person that likes things to die fast, the gambler is for a person who likes to toy with their food so to speak good luck and definitely report back about your experience with it
    -Retired- 5/19/2013

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000104eb4/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Just wanted to actulize info for gambler newbies.

5. Use the diversion skill = 60% base chance for a debuffing gamble (must have footpad trait slotted)

Gambler’s Strike (Upgraded version of Lucky Strike when the legendary trait dealing done in slotted
    This skill is incredible! If you don’t have a gamble on the target it will apply a damaging gamble (Random strength between tier 4-6) However its real power is the ability to increase the strength of a current gamble to tier
    Gifford brg // Clodvig mns // Clodas wrd
    Clodburz dfl
    WeRock
    Yes, english is not my native language.

I play gambler for my burg, but I am not good with numbers. Can anyone tell me if things have changed with the class changes and the levelling up to 85 since post #2 was written?

I know we got GS outside the crit chain which was awesome, plus Gambler stance was introduced which can be used in stealth and which gives additional bonuses to gambles and damage (I think!!). Is there anything else of note?

(Sorry, I really do have to get my kinmates to help me with the numbers, it is kind of a blind spot for me - but that post is what got me to try and then stick with gambles in the first place )
    Amithralia (RK), Annefrid (Beorning), Brangwyn (Burglar), Lilissandriel (LM), Silverpetal (Hunter), Silmarienne (Captain), Topazbelle (Minstrel). Rhakbash (rarely played Warg)

[COLOR="Plum"][I]radiate presence, travel light, seem a dream, prove real[/I][/COLOR]

Talking

Lo all!

How Can I maximize the time that a debuffing gamble is active? Can it be always active?

The new blue line greater armor set for burgs has a 4 set bonus that indicates attacks can renew the duration of active gambles. It sounds like this 4 set bonus would allow you to put a debuffing gamble on a mob, use gambler's strike to make it tier 6, and then perpetually extend the duration just by attacking.

------------------------
    Without the armor you could.

- Start the fight in stealth and use diversion to apply a debuffing gamble (15s)
    - Use gamblers strike to up it to Tier 6 right before it expires (another 15s)
    - Follow that up with clever retort to apply a debuffing gamble (another 15s)
    - Hips and use diversion to apply a debuffing gamble (15s)
    - Ready and Able, Hips, and use diversion to apply a debuffing gamble (15s)

That's an extreme use of cds but it will keep the debuffing gamble up for 2 solid minutes.

I don't think ready and able resets the cd on clever retort so now you have a 30s wait before you can use clever retort/gamblers strike again.
    Last edited by Mystarr; Apr 09 2013 at 10:33 AM.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Question When to start Gambling

Every thread I've seen thus far fails to explain when a burglar can start to use gambles.

Based on the information I have seen thus far with respect to when one gets a gamble skill and the number of gamble trait slots needed to be filled, it seems to me you can't start using gambles before level 27 at which time you can use Startling Twist - a level 20 skill, because at lvl 27 you now have the required 3 trait slots.

You can't use the lvl 10 Mischevious Glee gamble until lvl 33 when you have 4 gambler traits slotted

Although you can slot 2 gamble traits at lvl 21, you don't get Clever Retort until lvl 30.

Using the Burgle skill gamble is probably useless for most fellowships because you need to be in stealth mode.

If there is something I have wrong or misunderstand about gambles, please set me straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystarr View Post
    The new blue line greater armor set for burgs has a 4 set bonus that indicates attacks can renew the duration of active gambles. It sounds like this 4 set bonus would allow you to put a debuffing gamble on a mob, use gambler's strike to make it tier 6, and then perpetually extend the duration just by attacking.
    Exactly why Doombiscuits likes to bring a gambler burg to BFE t2.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Rumfigger View Post
    Every thread I've seen thus far fails to explain when a burglar can start to use gambles.

Based on the information I have seen thus far with respect to when one gets a gamble skill and the number of gamble trait slots needed to be filled, it seems to me you can't start using gambles before level 27 at which time you can use Startling Twist - a level 20 skill, because at lvl 27 you now have the required 3 trait slots.

You can't use the lvl 10 Mischevious Glee gamble until lvl 33 when you have 4 gambler traits slotted

Although you can slot 2 gamble traits at lvl 21, you don't get Clever Retort until lvl 30.

Using the Burgle skill gamble is probably useless for most fellowships because you need to be in stealth mode.

If there is something I have wrong or misunderstand about gambles, please set me straight.
    The gambler doesnt really become viable or effective until level 60 when you get Dealings done.

Provoke from stealth in a fellowship is far better to use over burgle and its a very nasty stun. Follow this up with counter defense, aim, cunning attack on a single trash npc and its usually half dead before the stun even wears off.

Clever retort becomes available early on but you have to be in mischief to use it. I unlocked this skill by just doing the allowed daily amount on training dummies in glan vraig until I completed it. I put the legacy for this skill on my main bag and never took it off. When you use this skill with the legacy, whatever buff it gives you, power, might, heal or bleed, immediately equip the appropiate signal and it increases the intensity of the buff it just gave you.

Michievous Glee becomes Mischievous Delight around level 72 if I remember correctly which also restores power and with the buff from update 10 the power restore triggers alot more often.

This is in my opinion one of the biggest reasons players always choose quiet knife and stay with it, as this thread and many others have evidenced is that they dont understand how the gambler works or what is required to get the most out of it. That and the whole GIVE ME DPS NAOZ types.

Anyway, hope this clarifies some things for you.
    -Retired- 5/19/2013

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000104eb4/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ostev View Post
    The gambler doesn't really become viable or effective until level 60 when you get Dealings done.

Provoke from stealth in a fellowship is far better to use over burgle and its a very nasty stun. Follow this up with counter defense, aim, cunning attack on a single trash npc and its usually half dead before the stun even wears off.

Clever retort becomes available early on but you have to be in mischief to use it....

This is in my opinion one of the biggest reasons players always choose quiet knife and stay with it, as this thread and many others have evidenced is that they don't understand how the gambler works or what is required to get the most out of it. ...

I am very perplexed, then, why we are given the Gambler stance at level 20. Anyone??? Getting something that you cannot use contributes to the confusion.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420a00000008c67b/01005/signature.png]Simpson[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Rumfigger View Post
    I am very perplexed, then, why we are given the Gambler stance at level 20. Anyone??? Getting something that you cannot use contributes to the confusion.
    Because unless like with other classes, stance is not so significant to a burglar. I often use quiet knife stance with blue traits and I often use gambler stance even with red traits. It doesnt affect your skills or anything, its just wether you want +5% evade or +dmg -threat. Gambling stands on blue traits, blue legendary trait and legacies (gamble chance).
    Naius - Burglar of Withywindle
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-uYwngjXZI[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by GrinsgarCZ View Post
    Because unless like with other classes, stance is not so significant to a burglar. I often use quiet knife stance with blue traits and I often use gambler stance even with red traits. It doesnt affect your skills or anything, its just wether you want +5% evade or +dmg -threat. Gambling stands on blue traits, blue legendary trait and legacies (gamble chance).
    I do the same.. Typically running with Blue and Yellow traits in QK stance just for a little more damage..
    Grinsgar is absolutely correct, stance isn't that much of a difference maker to the Burg, traits are..

AT the same time, it is a shame that it does take so long to get to the good Gambler stuff, but hopefully that gets fixed with the Class revamps.

Agreed. When I burgled a lot, I often ran 5b/2y or the hilarious 5r/2b provoke build in QK stance.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2