Re: The Gambler Guide
It's not complete, but I was working on something like this a while ago. Here is what I have so far...
What are Gambles?
- Gambles are additional effects that can apply when a burglar uses certain skills and has slotted traits from the gambler trait line (Mainly trick removal skills. See below for a list of all 6 ways to apply gambles.)
- Gambles can allow a burglar to do extra damage, or apply extra debuffs, or mez a creature (regardless of creature type)
- The strength of a gamble is determined randomly when it applies. A 6 sided die rolls over the creature’s head to indicate the strength of the gamble (One = weakest. Six = strongest)
- A burglar can only have one gamble per target at a time. If you apply a second gamble to a target that you currently have a gamble on, the new gamble will replace the older gamble. (If more than one burg is attacking, then each burg can have one gamble on the creature at any given time.)
3 Types of Gambles
Debuffing – Applies a 15s debuff to the target. (This debuff stacks with tricks.) [Thanks to Sneaky Snikwah for the numbers]
- Tier 1 = +0% miss chance, +15% attack speed, -0% damage
- Tier 2 = +05% miss chance, +20% attack speed, -0% damage
- Tier 3 = +10% miss chance, +25% attack speed, -5% damage
- Tier 4 = +10% miss chance, +30% attack speed, -10% damage
- Tier 5 = +15% miss chance, +35% attack speed, -15% damage
- Tier 6 = +20% miss chance, +40% attack speed, -30% damage
Damaging – Applies a 15s common damage DOT. (Your damage will vary. It is lvl dependent. It is effected by might, If it is applied by gamblers strike it is effected by the crit chain damage legacy, etc. At lvl 65 my numbers are.
- Tier 1 = 38 damage every 3s for 15s
- Tier 2 = 61 damage every 3s for 15s
- Tier 3 = 84 damage every 3s for 15s
- Tier 4 = 92 damage every 3s for 15s
- Tier 5 = 115 damage every 3s for 15s
- Tier 6 = 153 damage every 3s for 15s
Disabling - Mez the target. (Works on any creature type!)
Note: Since disabling gambles have variable duration, the creature will get a 15s place holder debuff in addition to the mez. Skill that have additional effects on targets "with a gamble" will only work during the duration of the 15s place holder debuff. IE you have 15s to upgrade the mez to tier 6 with gamblers strike, or do extra damage with surprise strike, or have an increased chance to proc the crit chance debuff if you slotted the cruel odds trait, etc
- Tier 1 = 15s Mez
- Tier 2 = 20s Mez
- Tier 3 = 30s Mez
- Tier 4 = 30s Mez
- Tier 5 = 40s Mez
- Tier 6 = 60s Mez
How can I apply a gamble? - There are 6 ways to apply a gamble
1. Use Clever Retort = 25% base chance for a debuffing gamble (must have at least 2 gambler traits slotted)
2. Use Startling Twist = 25% base chance for a damaging gamble (must have at least 3 gambler traits slotted)
3. Use Mischevious Glee = 25% base chance for a disabling gamble (must have at least 4 gambler traits slotted)
4. Use provoke from stealth = 60% base chance for a disabling gamble (must have leaf walker trait slotted)
5. Use the burgle skill = 60% base chance for a debuffing gamble (must have footpad trait slotted)
6. Use Lucky Strike/Gamblers Strike = 100% chance to apply a damaging gamble (Assuming the gamble is not resisted) Note: If the target currently has another gamble on it then Gambler’s Strike will upgrade it into a freshly applied tier 6 version of that gamble! This is NASTY!
How can I increase my chance to apply gambles?
There are lots of ways to increase the chance to apply a gamble. A burglar that is traited and geared is MUCH more effective at applying gambles. (Chance for most gambles to apply jumps up to 95% instead of the base 25%)
+1%-20% burglar tools legacy
+10% slot dealings done legendary trait (awarded for completing Book 2 Chapter 6 of the epic storyline)
+40% bonus for 30s after you land a devastating critical (must have at least 4 gambler traits slotted)
How can I make good use of gambles?
Gambler’s Strike (Upgraded version of Lucky Strike when the legendary trait dealing done in slotted
This skill is incredible! If you don’t have a gamble on the target it will apply a damaging gamble (Random strength but weighted chance towards higher tier) However its real power is the ability to increase the strength of a current gamble to tier 6. It takes some practice to get the timing down but you can
- Use startling twist to apply a random strength damaging gamble. Let the DOT run most of its 15s, then hit the mob with Gamblers Strike to upgrade to a brand new 15s tier 6 damaging gamble
- Use clever retort to apply a random strength debuffing gamble. Let the debuff run most of its 15s duration and then hit the mob with Gambler’s strike to upgrade to a brand new 15s tier 6 debuffing gamble
- Use mischievous glee to apply a random strength disabling (mez) gamble. You now have 15s to run up your crit chain and hit the mob with gamblers strike to apply a brand new tier 6 disabling gamble. 60s mez!
Surprise strike: If you have 3+ gambler traits slotted then surprise strike does an extra 200+ damage everytime you use it on a target with a gamble. Since surprise strike is on a 10s cooldown this is basically an extra 20dps! If the target has a gamble on it and surprise strike is ready - spam it! Note: If you have gambler strike (slot legendary trait dealing done) and a legendary weapon with the corresponding cooldown legacy, then gamblers strike will be on a 15s cooldown. Since gambles last for 15s you should always have a gamble on your target!
Quiet Knife/leafwalker combo for disabling (mez) gambles
- If you slot leafwalker, then using provoke from stealth has a 60% to start a disabling (mez) gamble (80% with tools legacy maxed)
- If you trait 5 deep in the quiet knife trait line and slot the capstone legendary (practiced bluff) then your next attack after improved feint attack is considered to be "from stealth"
- This means that you can use provoke to start a disabling (mez) gamble even when you arent actually in stealth. Just use it right after improved feint attack (of course you need to have leaf walker slotted too)
- If your weapon has the feint attack cooldown legacy maxed then you can use improved feint attack followed by provoke to try to start a dsiabling (mez) gamble every 15s. This is really powerful!
Last edited by Mystarr; Jan 10 2010 at 12:10 PM.
Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)