We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Symbol of Celebrimbor

These are needed to craft the new level 65 2nd age weapons. Imagine possible the others also. My problem is I have no idea where they come from, can anyone direct me in the right direction please? Thanks in advance.

Re: Symbol of Celebrimbor

I think I saw one drop off the first boss in DG--but it was so late and I was so tired, I didn't really pay attention very well

If I go back soon, I will double check.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000002b0da/01004/signature.png]Jilla[/charsig]
    Vilya's Ambassador of Happiness, Goodwill, and Fuzzy Kittens' and Somesuch!

I'm pretty sure they drop in the new 12 man and 6 man raid in Mirkwood. They are unbound, so they can be purchased on the AH as well... most likely for a ton of gold
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000095295/01008/signature.png]Vonabor[/charsig]
    alts: [color=red]R4 Warg - Luglukn[/color] - [color=teal]Theodrite[/color] - [color=lightgreen]Sinoahn[/color] - [color=yellow]Aldello[/color] - Vonagloss
    [url=http://www.khazad.org]Officer in Khazad Fundinul[/url] | [url=http://khazad.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?sub_domain=khazad&page_id=50567&gid=104764]KF Recruitment FAQ[/url] | [url=http://lotro.machwebdesign.com]Outfit Guide[/url]

Yep, they are drops from the new raids, not available anywhere else (except the AH, from sellers who got them in the raids).

When MoM was released, the level 60 2nd-age legendaries were very rare. Couldn't be crafted at all, and hardly ever dropped, and sold for astronomical sums at the AH -- 15g, 20g, sometimes more. I think the devs are going for a similar situation here. The 2nd Age lvl 65's are going to be very rare and highly valued, at least for the time being.
    Theofrid, Wyndriel, Wendros, Glydia, Halfrid, Fridward, Friddis, Fridli, Gondaglir

I know the Symbol of Celembrimbor drops off the third boss in the Sammath Gul (the new 6 man) and I know it drops in the new 12 man, but does anyone know if any other instance may drop it? Like possibly BO or Mistress in DN? And I have already seen a Symbol on the AH for 95g.. it was gone the next day.
    [color=#1882ed]Nitewolf - 75 Champion (R3), Nitefox - 75 Hunter (R7), Rohir - 75 Guardian (R1),Kaedence - 60 Captain (R4)[/color], [color=#FF0000]Goodnite - Black Arrow (R5), Deadlynite - Stalker (R5)[/color]

6. Re: Symbol of Celebrimbor

Quote Originally Posted by Burrows_M View Post
    And I have already seen a Symbol on the AH for 95g.. it was gone the next day.

Yep they made some really happy gold sellers with these.
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

..... on the AH for 95g.
    That is just idiotic. What kind of fool would even pay that?

I don't care what ANY reasoning is for the fact that it only drops from a raid....but that the fact that it only drops like that is as equally idiotic.

Not everyone in this game raids; either by choice of game play style or because they cannot get in a group. Just as there are a lot of these folks who cannot pay the idiotic price of 95g for one component.
    Just when you think you have all the answers - they change the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by urdaddi View Post

I don't care what ANY reasoning is for the fact that it only drops from a raid....but that the fact that it only drops like that is as equally idiotic.

Not everyone in this game raids; either by choice of game play style or because they cannot get in a group. Just as there are a lot of these folks who cannot pay the idiotic price of 95g for one component.
    It drops in the 6man also. It takes about an hour to clear. You don't have to raid to get this item as a drop.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000109974/01008/signature.png]Curadanir[/charsig]
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Taskmaster Arknurz, Harvester of Sorrow[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Robeauch View Post
    Yep, they are drops from the new raids, not available anywhere else (except the AH, from sellers who got them in the raids).

When MoM was released, the level 60 2nd-age legendaries were very rare. Couldn't be crafted at all, and hardly ever dropped, and sold for astronomical sums at the AH -- 15g, 20g, sometimes more. I think the devs are going for a similar situation here. The 2nd Age lvl 65's are going to be very rare and highly valued, at least for the time being.
    I sell my lvl 60 2nd age for 2g. Those people that sell at 15g and 20g just will have to keep reposting. While there posting so high for those, I just keep selling mine. So let tehm sell high. I keep it at the price it has been. Just like pure fire oils, people tryin to sell 50 stack for 1g..not happing.

As for the Symbol of Celebrimbor, there is one for sell in AH on brandywine for 200g. It will never sell.

Quote Originally Posted by urdaddi View Post

I agree 100%. ALOT of people don't raid. So I guess if you don't raid your left behind for the thing of value to be very easy to get, let say 4 months later. Some people don't have time for an "hour" raid. Just like flakes now, you can get them with skriming now. So easy to get. I think the symbol should be that way also. Maybe 8,000 skrim marks would be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by import1978 View Post
    I agree 100%. ALOT of people don't raid. So I guess if you don't raid your left behind for the thing of value to be very easy to get, let say 4 months later. Some people don't have time for an "hour" raid. Just like flakes now, you can get them with skriming now. So easy to get. I think the symbol should be that way also. Maybe 8,000 skrim marks would be fair.
    When 65 1As are added, they will be easier to get. Currently they are the best items in the game, so they are intentionally rare.

Also, you can get more of them from the 6-man SG instance than from "raiding", since you can only raid once a week, but you can run SG as often as you want.
    Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    When 65 1As are added, they will be easier to get. Currently they are the best items in the game, so they are intentionally rare.

Also, you can get more of them from the 6-man SG instance than from "raiding", since you can only raid once a week, but you can run SG as often as you want.
    sigh....lrn2definition...anyth ing I can't do by myself is a raid.

Theodhelm - Captain | Junkyard - Stalker
    Previously from ~Elendilmir Server~ the [Jewelled Bell] of servers
    ~Arkenstone~
    ~Misadventurers~

If I get one I'm selling it. I'd rather have thousands of gold courtesy of the gold buyers. I'm losing interest in the instances in this game anyway due to the direction they keep going, I'll probably sell any decent third age 65s I find too. People are paying 10+ gold for nice 3rd age bows. I'll just pile up the gold and then change my surname to McDuck.

They also do not drop everytime and have seen 6 runs without one dropping. They should have a better drop rate but then again SOM is what it is.

Well i'm sure they will.. You guys should remember when Moria launched 2nd ages were ridiculously hard to get unless you did instances. After a while there it got easier, then became where we could craft them. Same with jewellery. It will all pick up in time and for now your gonna have to wait to get your easy 2nd age.

But, while I am in the crafting section, Turbine will you please let us craft pocket items. I'm finding pocket items are rare in the game and pretty much classist. Guards get good ones and same with casters, but champs and hunters are almost totally left out. Anything with might or vitality or agility has to have high block/parry/evade rating on it but low stats... so now, after a couple years of people asking. Maybe in the next book of Mirkwood or something, please allow us to do that thank you..
    [color=#1882ed]Nitewolf - 75 Champion (R3), Nitefox - 75 Hunter (R7), Rohir - 75 Guardian (R1),Kaedence - 60 Captain (R4)[/color], [color=#FF0000]Goodnite - Black Arrow (R5), Deadlynite - Stalker (R5)[/color]

Until the prices become more reasonable (market saturation) or they decide to fix the 2nd age crafting for the general public to craft I will be sticking with my fully leveled 1st age.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/skyn_floote/media/download_zpsnwqup217.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/skyn_floote/download_zpsnwqup217.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    [b]4 Garden St, Grafshaw, Bree-land Homesteads, Silverlode[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Spydre View Post
    Until the prices become more reasonable (market saturation) or they decide to fix the 2nd age crafting for the general public to craft I will be sticking with my fully leveled 1st age.
    You just go ahead and do worse DPS than a hunter with a good 3rd age then.
    [RIGHT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ffa07a]Babou + Tyrannosaurus [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]/ [/SIZE][COLOR=#afeeee][SIZE=2]Zapdos[/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][B][COLOR=#ee82ee][SIZE=3]Acta Non Verba[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/RIGHT]

Yeah, im rockin my lvl 65 3rd age on my hunter. Didn't want to see my 2nd age go but i tracked my DPS between bows and totally out DPS'd my 2nd age.. legacies are not everything when you can crit a quick shot for 750+

I used my scroll of delving (epilogue reward) to increase my level 60 bow to 70. ...it doesn't make it a SM bow.. dmg didn't increase at all (under the damge legacy it still says Level 60) just more points for legacies .. sigh

why oh why Turbine? It does say increase LEVEL.. does it not in the most important way?

3rd age **** here I come. Until I can get a symbol.

(Did Aragon have to replace his sword every level cap change?)
    Nimrodel Server Jennuin 75 Hunt /Jennerous 75 Burg /Jenntry 75 Chmp /Artphul 75 LM/
    Feerce 75 Grd/Jenneral 75 Cpt/Hoppsing 75 Min/
    Jab 75 Wrd /Wist 75 RK-Sons of Durin Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by ArtphulDodger View Post
    I used my scroll of delving (epilogue reward) to increase my level 60 bow to 70. ...it doesn't make it a SM bow.. dmg didn't increase at all (under the damge legacy it still says Level 60) just more points for legacies .. sigh

why oh why Turbine? It does say increase LEVEL.. does it not in the most important way?

3rd age **** here I come. Until I can get a symbol.

(Did Aragon have to replace his sword every level cap change?)
    LIs have two types of levels. Usage level and XP level. Scrolls only ever affect the XP level. WAI.
    Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

And turbine did it so you can have 10 more levels worth of points to put into your legacies.. It's really useful actually.

Quote Originally Posted by TimorousBalrog View Post
    If I get one I'm selling it. I'd rather have thousands of gold courtesy of the gold buyers. I'm losing interest in the instances in this game anyway due to the direction they keep going, I'll probably sell any decent third age 65s I find too. People are paying 10+ gold for nice 3rd age bows. I'll just pile up the gold and then change my surname to McDuck.

If I found the perfect legacied burglar weapon on AH tonight, I would definitely pay 10g for it.

The difference between 3rd and 2nd age DPS is like 5% on a one hander. I'd much rather have the right legacies then a second age with mediocre or worse legacies.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000027621b/signature.png]Hoibur[/charsig]

But, while I am in the crafting section, Turbine will you please let us craft pocket items. I'm finding pocket items are rare in the game and pretty much classist. Guards get good ones and same with casters, but champs and hunters are almost totally left out. Anything with might or vitality or agility has to have high block/parry/evade rating on it but low stats... so now, after a couple years of people asking. Maybe in the next book of Mirkwood or something, please allow us to do that thank you..
    Run FG or HoC. Two nice pockets drop in there. As for the items coming out of SG they are very lack luster compared to the vender trade-able rep rewards in Mirk.

All things aside this item is rare. It also limits you in 3 ways 1 its crafted and not everyone crafts and 2 even fewer craft the thing they want and 3 you have run a sometimes every difficult raid if you don't have the right team makeup.

/signed

Make it the way when the turtle launched at let us barter tokens for 1st and 2nd ages at our class trainer.

Not everyone should have these great weapons?

Then they wouldnt be so great, would they...

And if you dont raid or do high end instances, then you dont need this great weapon.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000008360/01000/signature.png]Tahlfis[/charsig]

I'm not defending their decision to make the drop rate so low or places from which it drops so scarce, but there are really valid reasons for this decision.

First, if you are not doing end-game grouping instances, then the most difficult mobs you will come across are named Elites (Mithril Flake droppers). These mobs can be killed with even crafted main hand and ranged weapons which have lower dps than their Legendary counterparts. Given that this is the case it is, from a functional standpoint, it is unneccessary to have the additional dps from a crafted 2A L65 Legendary for soloing.

Following up on this, in the end-game instances you will frequently come across Elite Masters or harder difficulty mobs which require some combination of extra dps and multiple people to kill them. For this reason extra dps from Legendaries weapons is necessary over crafted and/or reward weapons. This is where Third Age Legendaries fit in. The extra dps from Second Age weapons over Third Age is not essential to complete any of the end-game instances. 2nd Agers are a reward for successful completion of these instances (in whole or in part).

As a crafter, I pride myself on being self-sufficient. As such, I would like to be able to craft myself some 2nd Agers without having to rely on other people to get these Symbols of Celebrimbor as a component. From a developer/supply standpoint, the current model makes sense. We don't have to like it, and the forums are a place to voice that, but if you want it to change, you have to actually make a constructive argument why it should be changed, and that has to be a stronger reason than you want to have the 'best' gear but don't want to/can't group to get it.
    Last edited by Marchewka; Jan 21 2010 at 01:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast