We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helms Dike 6-man: Powder at the Gate (12.2) bugged?

Is Helms Dike Fellowship: Powder at the Gate (12.2) bugged for anyone else? I've run it 3 times and every time I get the east side starting and every time the Powder at the Gate quest just stops at 25/30 and eventually fails because it doesn't complete.

This is with keeping the boss alive. He is "tanked" (as much as you can with him) and alive even 2 minutes after the waves stop coming.

It just sits for the rest of the run, totally preventing a platinum completion.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or is it well know and everyone just runs it until the west side comes first? Or are we missing something completely?
    \\ Galidin \\ Unpossible \\ Rawlor \\
    ...::: Defenders of the Lost Light - Brandywine :::...

Something like this happened to me before, it usually meant the last group of 5 mobs spawns but does not start running. You have to go south even further than the stables and look for them. Killing them should complete the quest. If they are not there the quest is bugged.

as a complete aside, I hope you '/bug' the issue

When ever i run Helms Dike(The 6-man version), I usually make the Boss get all the way to the Soldiers who help you protect the gate before killing him. Im pretty sure the boss must make it to them before the last 5 orcs come in. Don't quote me on this, though.

Yes, it gets bugged every time it is run. Because it bugs every time it is run and starts on the eastern end.

Like I mentioned previously, we don't kill the boss until waiting well after the spawns are at 25/30. In fact we purposely DON'T touch him. We mostly leave a tank in the back to keep the soldiers alive from the other uruks since those are the only ones targeting the boss.

We looked all around... all the way down the invisible wall up and down and found no more mobs. Just 25/30 with no completion. Yet again.

So, has anyone completed Powder at the Gates in Helms Dike Fellowship since 12.2? As in 100% confirmed you did it after 12.2? Because we just ran this again tonight and the same stupid bug stopped us from getting it so we just reset until we started on the west side since it's the only one that works.

The only other thing I can think of is the last wave or two is super delayed? Like maybe you have to go above and beyond and hold the boss for a literal extra 3-4 minutes until they spawn? That would be ridiculous to me but from how these things play out it wouldn't surprise me...
    \\ Galidin \\ Unpossible \\ Rawlor \\
    ...::: Defenders of the Lost Light - Brandywine :::...