We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Spider Assault Duo - What Am I Missing!!??

I can't figure this one out...if we get the spider queen after three Rohirrim, we get Gold...but if we wait until we have 4 out, we don't have enough time to kill the queen before it auto-fails. The only thing I can think of is if the spiders are walking out of the passage instead of spawning near the exit to the crystal, in which case we could both go in...as far as I knew, they weren't, so we had to leave one player behind at the entrance. Have I been going about this wrong the whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by Casilune View Post
    I can't figure this one out...if we get the spider queen after three Rohirrim, we get Gold...but if we wait until we have 4 out, we don't have enough time to kill the queen before it auto-fails. The only thing I can think of is if the spiders are walking out of the passage instead of spawning near the exit to the crystal, in which case we could both go in...as far as I knew, they weren't, so we had to leave one player behind at the entrance. Have I been going about this wrong the whole time?
    You do need to make sure and get all of the Rohirrim released from the cocoons in order to plat on this quest. If you're running duo, have your better dps person handle killing all the spiders while the other person spends their whole time opening cocoons. As soon as the last wave of spiders has been defeated by the dps person, they should help the cocoon-opener finish that job. Finally, you should have enough time to kill the boss. Note: Do not aggro the spider queen until you have finished releasing the Rohirrim. She will not attack you until you attack her, anyway (though her toon henchspiders will, and it's fine to kill them).

What we do is have one person clicking cocoons from the beginning and one person killing spiders. Get to the spiders as close to spawn point as possible. Do not kill the queen before you find the 5th Rohirrim, which in my experience is usually behind the queen. One person can get her attention and start dps'ing (without killing her) while the other clicks cocoons. I got platinum on this 3-man the other day for the first time, thinking it will be the same duo. In the past the mistake we've made is killing the queen before finishing clicking the cocoons behind her.

This is also dependent on having one class that can take down all the spiders with higher/AOE dps. Tripwires help too.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

And if you don't have high DPS class in your duo, but do have a good Engineer, run in as soon as the quest is up and drop a tripwire trap where they spawn, then drop and build a ballista real fast. If you're really on top form, you'll just have time to do this (maybe have to beat up first wave the old fashioned way, with both people helping). Once the ballista is up, one person can easily blow up wave after wave while also helping search nearby cocoons. You can even run around the corner, agro the two boss helper spiders, and pull them into your tripwire/ballista trap.

p.s. If you have time after, remember to pick the ballista back up; good to have for Civilian Defense quest later.