We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ventrilo problems

I keep having problems w/ Ventrilo when i am logged into LOTRO. It works fine and ppl can hear me in vent when i am not logged in but as soon as i get in game i can hear them but they cant hear me anymore. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Ty.
    Ridduk

Re: Ventrilo problems

Over the years this game and wow and AC , and others, I have had many issues with my voice chat and my sound. By many I'm going to guess 5 or 6 but it has been a lot of years (10) total.

It seems like once a year I have a sound issue.

So far deleting sound drivers and reloading sound drivers fixed my issues.

I have no idea why that occurs.

I'm hearing this LoTRO game received an "update" on Monday (11-10-2009) and that this "update" is wreaking havoc on LoTRO players (i.e. they're experiencing ****** voice comms while in-game, they're experiencing graphical shearing/tearing in-game, they're experiencing "lag spikes" frequently, et cetera).

Anyone know if there was a Monday update to LoTRO for certain?

Quote Originally Posted by Wosret View Post
    I'm hearing this LoTRO game received an "update" on Monday (11-10-2009) and that this "update" is wreaking havoc on LoTRO players (i.e. they're experiencing ****** voice comms while in-game, they're experiencing graphical shearing/tearing in-game, they're experiencing "lag spikes" frequently, et cetera).

Anyone know if there was a Monday update to LoTRO for certain?
    Nothing to the client. Starts up normally without downloading anything new.
    Nothing to the servers since they weren't down at all.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Out of curiosity, are you using "push to talk"? I can't remember if Ventrilo has any other option or not. If you're using "push to talk" (where you have to push and hold a keyboard key to talk), what key are you using? Total guess, but I'm going to guess that the key you have bound for "push to talk" in Ventrilo is bound to something in the LOTRO client, therefore the client is intercepting the key press and Ventrilo never gets it.

same prob here, i did not log in early in the week and tonight i had it hang on loading main form (fixed with help of an earlier posting). The game patched before logging in and then vent wont work while looking at game screen, tabbing out works fine. Some one mentioned something about makeing sure the setting in windows matched the push to talk in vent but i have no idea where to even look for that. will keep messing with it.

I'm not sure if this will help but when i upgraded to Windows 7 I had a similar problem.

To fix it I selected run as adminstrator and it worked fine.

Again not sure if it is the same problem though (although it sounds the same)
    Votan | Xeyila | Grisburnakh
    Retired - Thanks for the fun and the fights

yup I found the "run as admin" thing worked for me also with Vista