We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Re: Windows 7 and LOTRO Compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    Best route is to pre-download the full, updated client.
    Maybe, but it takes me a few days to download it all. If I had the DVDs, I could install from that and copy the old directory on top of that and be done in under an hour.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit (retail version) and Lotro runs very smoothly.

Initially I tried to reinstall Lotro from a backed up directory, but it wouldn't go and was asking for Microsoft.Net framework.

Did a fresh install of Lotro and all is fine.

System

Windows 7 64 bit
    EVGA P655 SLI MB
    Core i7860- Turbo enabled OC'd 3.3-3.9Ghz
    8 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 2000 running at 1800
    GTX285 (Driver 191.07)
    OCZ Vertex SSD 120 GB (Trim enabled)
    Soundblaster X-Fi ExtremeGamer
    Last edited by Danluyen; Oct 24 2009 at 02:31 AM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000038431/01001/signature.png]Danormur[/charsig][/CENTER]

Ok, update to my post above.
    Running Core7 950 CPU @ 3.7 GHz
    64bit Window7 Home Premium.
    Nvidia GTX 285
    Sound is HDIA audio

I uninstalled ALL LOTRO files and did a Hires overnight DL and install.

Both Windows Defender and Kasperkies are disabled.

I updated NIVIDIA 285 drivers to the October 5th (latest) Win7 release.

I uninstalled Pando.
    I unplugged and reset my G15Keyboard.

I even tried running the game as administrator and after I type in my password and select the server the screen goes black. I click on it to bring it to the front as others have suggested and it still hangs.
    Only thing I can think of now is that I noticed DXdiag is showing me as running DX11. Heh, I have no idea what is going on.. or how to try DX9 or 10.
    Just flailing around in the dark here.... Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Olmoss; Oct 24 2009 at 08:01 AM.
    Peaches of Silverlode
    Member of the House of the Rising Phoenix
    Master Burglar from beta and onwards....

Quote Originally Posted by Olmoss View Post
    Ok, update to my post above.
    Running Core7 950 CPU @ 3.7 GHz
    64bit Window7 Home Premium.
    Nvidia GTX 285
    Sound is HDIA audio
    Is your overclock 100% stable? You may want to stress test it. Or alternatively try running Lotro with the default settings for you 950. Windows 7 has Dx11 but I'm pretty sure it also supports older DX versions.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000038431/01001/signature.png]Danormur[/charsig][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    We will only be taking reports from the final release version of Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate).
    But not Windows 7 Enterprise?
    [color=cyan]Ryswald[/color] - 75 Burglar - Revelations - Rank 9 (pre-book 12 rank 6)
    [color=orange]Ragluk[/color] - 75 Stalker - Rank 6
    [color=grey]65 Hunter R5, 61 Loremaster, 48 Champion, 33 WRD, 33 RK, Rank 4 Weaver, Rank 6 Reaver[/color]
    [i]Firefoot Server[/i]

I am not overclocked as far as I am aware.
    changed out from the Aereo glass theme to basic background.. no success.
    I click on Silverlode.. it goes to a black screen and {stopped responding}

...so, help me rule out DX11 as the culprit.
    Peaches of Silverlode

Quote Originally Posted by trancer View Post
    I'm having the same issues as quoted, did a clean install of Win7 Home premium 32bit from the SoA discs. It went through a Visual C++ package thingy on launch and .NET1.1 installation. And after the launcher restarts, it goes through the C++ and .NET1.1 procedures again..... and it becomes a cycle whenever the game launches.

Specs:
    Win7 Home Premium OEM
    nvidia 9800GT
    4GB RAM
    Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz
    This is a problem I had with XP-Pro back in April when reinstalling, and I was able to fix it the same way another guy used with Vista, so this is likely not a Win7 specific problem. Go into your LotRO folder and double-click on TurbineRegisterGDF.exe. This seems to do a quick repair of the problem; after I used it, the MoM launcher was able to complete the patching and the game worked perfect afterward. My original topic on the Tech Support forum is here if you want to make sure it matches your situation.
    Agtarnen, 65 Minstrel Rank 7, Brandywine
    Aglarwyn, 65 Warden Rank 4
    Agadoc, 65 Hunter, retired
    Agnei, 65 Burglar

Your post above says i7950 at 3.7 ghz. Stock is 3.06 a believe.

Have you tried deleting the vid card drivers and reinstalling the latest? I'm using the 191.07 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Danluyen View Post
    Your post above says i7950 at 3.7 ghz. Stock is 3.06 a believe.

Have you tried deleting the vid card drivers and reinstalling the latest? I'm using the 191.07 version.
    ---------------
    Thanks for the time your taking in looking at this. Below I copied the relevant parts of my DXdiag. (made a mistake in the CPU speed.. it's .07 I see)
    Note the Drivers.. looks like they are '9107' ..which I gather is the same your quoting above.
    --------------------------

Time of this report: 10/24/2009, 14:53:41
    Machine name: WRUSS100940
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/19/09 12:44:57 Ver: 08.00.15
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12280MB RAM
    Page File: 1582MB used, 22974MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode
    ---------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 285
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E3&SUB SYS_11803842&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4077 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1005 MB
    Shared Memory: 3071 MB
    Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: SyncMaster
    Monitor Id: SAM03E5
    Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.883Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvw gf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nv wgf2um
    Driver File Version: 8.16.0011.9107 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.16.11.9107
    DDI Version: 10
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 9/27/2009 16:12:22, 9441384 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    Peaches of Silverlode

The best I can do remotely is to rule out that DX11 is the culprit...DX is universally backwards compatible and will downgrade to whatever version is required for the 3D application using it. In other words, DX will be running in either DX10 or 9 setups until DX11 becomes supported.

Try resetting your video setup via the Launcher for LOTRO, see if that gets you anywhere.
    Give a guy a pound of gold...he'll complain about how heavy it is.
    Enmity of Forum Trolls: 106/5000 Of the Egaads clan

Okay installed Win7 Ultimate x64. This is my first time seeing LOTRO in DX10 and WOW! It really pops! Everything seems to be running fine EXCEPT...

I'm getting the same problem reported earlier where some notification pops up and causes LOTRO to crash silently upon statup if I don't click the black screen quick. I just switched to windowed mode (my normal mode anyhow) and I'll see if it still does it.

Intel E8400
    Asus P5N-D
    4GB Ram
    8800GT 512
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000048107/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]

"Try resetting your video setup via the Launcher for LOTRO, see if that gets you anywhere."

Yep.. already tried that. In fact I have read and searched and tried all day long ..heh.

But thanks.. I am guessing I am in for a long session with a Tech support come Monday.
    Good to know it probably isn't my DX.
    Peaches of Silverlode

Quote Originally Posted by dbrowdy View Post
    Okay installed Win7 Ultimate x64. This is my first time seeing LOTRO in DX10 and WOW! It really pops! Everything seems to be running fine EXCEPT...

I'm getting the same problem reported earlier where some notification pops up and causes LOTRO to crash silently upon statup if I don't click the black screen quick. I just switched to windowed mode (my normal mode anyhow) and I'll see if it still does it.

Intel E8400
    Asus P5N-D
    4GB Ram
    8800GT 512
    This "dropping to desktop silently after launcher attempts to launch the game and move to full-screen" issue has actually been around since Vista. There were threads about it at the time. But I think a lot of people just eventually learned to accept it. It tends to only happen once per system boot. And, it doesn't happen if you're launching into windowed mode rather than fullscreen.

Unfortunately, it doesn't help to disable that notifiction balloon.
    "Ephemeral" does not mean what I think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Banaticus View Post
    I went to "adjust the appearance and performance of Windows" and unchecked everything but the very last one, "use visual styles on windows and buttons".
    That way, Aero is already off when I launch of LotRO. Sure, Aero is cool, but I really don't need it, so I've always tried to turn it off. I also run LotRO in a window -- I really like alt-tabbing back and forth out of the game for those long boring horse rides while doing the Esteldin bounty quests or something else that has me traveling around.
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back. He kept the pony.

having issue with directx 9c
    have downloaded required update as listed on loader screen

I'm positive I screwed something up here, but w/e, never hurts to make sure.

First off, my specs:
    MoBo: Asus M3A
    Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 X4 @ 2.2ghz
    RAM: 4GB DDR2 PC2-6400
    GPU: PNY GeForce 8800 GT

Got the Home Premium Upgrade from Amazon. Installed the 64-bit version, and then started reinstalling programs. However, Turbine Download Manager will not run. I double click it, I see the Ring logo in the toolbar, and then the program exits. I've tried running on every compatibility mode since Win2K. I'm currently downloading the full install, so I'll get back in a few hours on how that goes. Is the TDM not supported on Windows 7?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000009b636/01005/signature.png]Bregle[/charsig]

DirectX10 still doesn't seem to be stable in LOTRO with win7/Nvidea same as it was for me in Vista. Also unstable if PhysiX and/or SLI is enabled. Played around for awhile searching options sweet spots. After last CTD I have just gotten a new problem as the launcher is stuck "getting datacenters" and simply hangs even after re-install. Not sure if this is related to win7 or not, probably is. Hopefully its just a problem with the login server. Does same thing on both instances of win7 I have loaded; 1 load is the upgrade from Vista Ult 64, the other is a fresh install of Win7

CPU: tested at 2.4;2.7;3.0;3.2;4.0 Q6600
    Mem: 4Gb Patriot PC3-16000 @2Ghz(don't remember timings off top of my head)
    VCPU: EVGA 9600GT/SLI (kept at factory defaults till a stable sweet spot is found)
    HD: 4ea WD Raptors Raid 0
    MB: Striker II Extreme
    Last edited by Bendin; Oct 25 2009 at 04:31 PM.

Running OSX Snow Leapord 10.6 with Boot Camp host of Windows 7 Ultimate release version. Runs great on a MacBook Pro with only only 3 LOTRO client crashes the first week. All of the hardware drivers provided by Apple work great as with prior XP version OS. Seems more stable after first round of Windows Updates. I'll feel better after Service Pack 2 for Windows 7 comes out.....as seems business as usual for Microsoft.
    As a note: Running Dungeons and Dragons Unlimited from Turbine without a single crash. Hmmm.

More details on slow load times:

My machine is an hp pavilion m9400f with an nVidia nForce 430 SATA 6150SE.
    Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
    ATI Radeon 4670
    8 Gb RAM

That should be all the relevant details.
    It takes, from a clean startup and at the character selection screen, 1 minute and 45 seconds before the world loading progress bar even STARTS to fill, with load in completed at 2 minutes 10 seconds.

It used to be under a minute with Vista 64-bit. PLEASE look into this.

Thanks,
    Randy
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000130570/01008/signature.png]Halendir[/charsig]

Still zero luck with TDM, but LOTRO regular seems to work just fine, DX10 and all. Haven't tried Bullroarer yet.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000009b636/01005/signature.png]Bregle[/charsig]

Upgraded to Home Premium. I installed TDM, and spent yesterday downloading the update. This morning, it says that it is up to date, but when I go to my character login screen on Vilya, it still lists all of my characters (of varying levels and in various locations) as unavailable.

Any ideas?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000008c558/01007/signature.png]Caedrandir[/charsig]

Using a new computer (Alienware i7; dual nVidia GTS250); upgraded with home premium edition - upon launch the client stops responding and all that displays is a dark screen. I have to use task manager to end LOTRO. I've downloaded a fresh install and reinstalled the game with the same result. I'm pretty much dead in the water until we get some kind of work around.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgarion89 View Post
    Still zero luck with TDM, but LOTRO regular seems to work just fine, DX10 and all. Haven't tried Bullroarer yet.
    I have the same zero success with TDM or regular. Did you do something different?

Okies, just done upgrading from W7 Ultimate RC Build 7100.

I am now running W7 Pro from MSDN-AA, with all updates.

I finished downloading LoTRo this morning (it's 8.30am here) and tried launching it.

So far, no luck... I get to the login screen, input my username and password and choose my server and then (when lotroclient is invoked) it crashes. It does write the UserPreferences files before though...

I've disabled all Aero features, I get no warnings popping up, no black screen I could click, it just dies silently.

I also disabled the PhysX motor.

That's what I'm running it on:

• Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    • Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    • 8192MB RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    • ASUS P5K Premium
    • Dual screens: Asus VW222U + Sony 19" TFT

All drivers are up to date as of 12 hours ago.

EDIT: DDO is running fine, only LoTRo seems to crash...
    Last edited by Telumendil; Oct 27 2009 at 04:19 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000002e665/01002/signature.png]Maeva[/charsig]

Think others have already commented on the problem I'm having, but it has been annoying me since loading Windows 7.

Computer didn't exhibit problem with 32-bit MCE XP

Performed clean install of 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium and installed lotro.

About 75% of the time after I log into the launcher and select world, the client crashes with no error message. I just keep re-launching client and logging int until it "catches" and loads the game. Very annoying. More than a 1/2 dozen kinmates have stated they have the same issue and rarely do they get into game on first try. Once in the game, everything is perfect.
    Freeps: Beast, Cadaverous, Deadite, Elphaba, Joules, Kookaburra, Stheno, Weebey, Zod
    Creeps: Barfbag, Bulgingeggsac, Elphabash, Farfel
    {SM/2H1R}

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast