We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wink Shanehere returns for a month

Hey BW PvMP!

Not a day went by these past three years without thinking of LOTRO in some form. Rather its the epic battles in the Ettenmoors with epic music or the great community of LOTRO, this games has a place in my heart.

It is good to be back, albeit for only a month. After that, it's back to grad school.

Hopefully, we can raid a few more times and enjoy some epic battles and relive the glory days one more time.

Yours truly,

Shanehere

BW is very different than when you left Shane, for starters you have to be able to read cyrillic. The russian servers closed and the russian invasion went for BW. Most of the old BW players chose another server (Ark and Landy most afaik).
    The end is near, the ring will melt, but not if I can help it!

Quote Originally Posted by botoo View Post
    BW is very different than when you left Shane, for starters you have to be able to read cyrillic. The russian servers closed and the russian invasion went for BW. Most of the old BW players chose another server (Ark and Landy most afaik).
    Thanks for the reply. I may transfer. However, I need to speak with my current kin first.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by botoo View Post
    The russian servers closed and the russian invasion went for BW. Most of the old BW players chose another server (Ark and Landy most afaik).
    This is the one side of the coin.

Every day, more and more Russian players transfer to Arkenstone, due to the dead and/or low quality PvMP on Brandywine.

Both on freepside and creepside, Russians quite often lead groups/raids.

It is sad, but RIP Brandywine PvMP.

On a different note, Shanehere welcome back!

Good to know you are back and willed to play LOTRO once again.

You will realize that LOTRO PvMP has changed all these years you have left it.

In any case, I hope you enjoy the month you plan to play the game.

Looking forward to seeing you back on Arkenstone.

P.S. Whether you decide to transfer somewhere else or not, try to avoid Landroval; the PvP there is quite "toxic".

My choice for now would be either Arkenstone or Crickhollow.

Best wishes

Thanks Grego28,

It's good to be back!

It'll take a while to level up and gear up before I can began PvMP. So I'll stay here. BW is home.

As far as the dearth of PvMP on BW. Perhaps I can revive it a little bit.
    I'm going to make a case with the BW community that PvMP can make us better PvE players, especially now that there's a new Raid out.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by fifenator09 View Post
    Thanks Grego28,

It's good to be back!

It'll take a while to level up and gear up before I can began PvMP. So I'll stay here. BW is home.

As far as the dearth of PvMP on BW. Perhaps I can revive it a little bit.
    I'm going to make a case with the BW community that PvMP can make us better PvE players, especially now that there's a new Raid out.

Shane

Good luck trying to bring pvmp back. I went afk at grams rock with my mini for a hour us prime time and not 1 creep attacked me or left grams.

once I beat the new raid t2c with kin I'm leaving this dead server.

master corpse jumper of the Ettenmoors.
    ramsters- king of all minstrels

Hey BW PvMP!

Not a day went by these past three years without thinking of LOTRO in some form. Rather its the epic battles in the Ettenmoors with epic music or the great community of LOTRO, this games has a place in my heart.

It is good to be back, albeit for only a month. After that, it's back to grad school.

Hopefully, we can raid a few more times and enjoy some epic battles and relive the glory days one more time.

Yours truly,

Shanehere
    Hiya, Shanehere.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    Hiya, Shanehere.
    Good to see you Commander!

I came out to the ghost town that is the BW moors with couple of the tribe last night. Found a group of Freeps that were conducting PvE that we chased around a bit. We are looking at Arkenstone but personally I don't want to spend more money on PvMP. If I can get my kicks on BW I'd rather stay.

Hi Shane good to see you are still kicking! Enjoy your time back in middle earth. I am now on Gladden.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Gladden | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    Hi Shane good to see you are still kicking! Enjoy your time back in middle earth. I am now on Gladden.
    Hey Yelk!

Good to see you man! Grats on CG, I know you've earned it. I actually just transferred to Arkenstone to lead Freep Raids as that is my heart's desire.

Have fun on Gladden!

Shane

Hey Shane!!!

What a blast from the past. I'm sure you heard already BW is the non-official RU server now. Many people moved on to other games or other servers. Still great to see you doing well and coming back to visit. A few months ago a bunch of us were talking about your old videos, we even tried to hunt them down to rewatch them. Can I request you upload the one with the cardboard wargs? That was a favorite.

Good to see you back.
    Cheers,
    Bunnytail/Mihiraa
    Bunnytail |Terminus Venatus Triumphus
    Mihiraa | Shock and Awe | Gladden

I actually just transferred to Arkenstone to lead Freep Raids as that is my heart's desire.
    Good news!

That means we are going to have some more fun on Arkenstone server.

I hope you enjoy your time off remained and your PvP there, man.

See you around

Quote Originally Posted by jennirich View Post
    Hey Shane!!!

What a blast from the past. I'm sure you heard already BW is the non-official RU server now. Many people moved on to other games or other servers. Still great to see you doing well and coming back to visit. A few months ago a bunch of us were talking about your old videos, we even tried to hunt them down to rewatch them. Can I request you upload the one with the cardboard wargs? That was a favorite.

Good to see you back.
    Cheers,
    Bunnytail/Mihiraa
    Hey Bunnytail!

Good to hear from you! I remember the gang pack days. You were great adversaries. Many people disliked you and your group, but as I got to know you guys, this merit for your infamy was unfounded (save the infamy points)

Unfortunately, the videos are no longer around. They were deleted a while ago, even the source footage.
    If its any consolation, I was trying to save face on the internet as I engaged in the professional world, i.e., I did not desire to have a future employer find my silly videos.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Grego28 View Post
    Good news!

That means we are going to have some more fun on Arkenstone server.

I hope you enjoy your time off remained and your PvP there, man.

See you around
    Thanks for the welcome!

I look forward to leading again, if only for a month.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by jennirich View Post
    Hey Shane!!!

Good to see you back.
    Cheers,
    Bunnytail/Mihiraa
    Now that I think about it, I could have just took the videos off from public search on YouTube instead of deleting them completely.

My apologizes Bunny!

Shane

Hey Bunnytail!

Good to hear from you! I remember the gang pack days. You were great adversaries. Many people disliked you and your group, but as I got to know you guys, this merit for your infamy was unfounded (save the infamy points)

Unfortunately, the videos are no longer around. They were deleted a while ago, even the source footage.
    If its any consolation, I was trying to save face on the internet as I engaged in the professional world, i.e., I did not desire to have a future employer find my silly videos.

Shane
    Anybody who did not love those clips at first sight needs to find a warg pack irl! They may have been silly but they were awesome. So unfortunate the source footage was deleted.
    Bunnytail |Terminus Venatus Triumphus
    Mihiraa | Shock and Awe | Gladden

Holly Mather, good news! How are you Shane? I'm long time waiting for when you get back!)
    (c) Wimbrent