We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Arkenstone Lives!

Our server has survived the cut and has been announced as one of the Final Five.

As a Founder and an 8-year Ark veteran I've got to say this pleases me greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by GekSnikkel View Post
    Our server has survived the cut and has been announced as one of the Final Five.

As a Founder and an 8-year Ark veteran I've got to say this pleases me greatly.
    Time to visit each server closing to present ark as an option for them ..spark some life at forums to welcome new blood !
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

Congratulations Arkenstone!

OK, as the remaining server with the lowest (current) population/logins, you're looking pretty good!

But I need you to help me out here. What does Arkenstone have to offer us migrants?

1. How's the AH?
    2. How's the PvMP?
    3. Anything else we should know about? Player led events? RP? Other?

Thanks!
    Finnok of Nimrodel (my new title after these transfers . . . maybe Finnok~# of Nimrodel . . . )

I'm glad to see the Ark rolls on.
    Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (resting) BA
    Clarysta
    - Lvl 105 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4
    Twitter - @clarystainsun

Quote Originally Posted by Finnok-2011 View Post

OK, as the remaining server with the lowest (current) population/logins, you're looking pretty good!

But I need you to help me out here. What does Arkenstone have to offer us migrants?

1. How's the AH?
    2. How's the PvMP?

Thanks!
    Finnok of Nimrodel (my new title after these transfers . . . maybe Finnok~# of Nimrodel . . . )
    I assume the state of any and all of these will change substantially with an influx of new players. I'd say Arkenstone is kind of greenfield at the moment - it will be come what the population makes of it.
    Clarysta
    Twitter - @clarystainsun

1. How's the AH?
    2. How's the PvMP?

Thanks!
    Hi fellow Fin !
    we expect that every question you listed will have a different answer once the transfers kick in .
    Ah atm is mostly cap level stuff
    the pvp is mostly creep heavy earlier in day , and by 8pm est ad on is when we have most freeps on to take on and have action ( most freeps tent to be casuals) ...been very active since new map ..some players gaining 70k infamy a week (mp)...hopefully transfer will increase the number and periods of action around the day
    there are kins that are more into events that include people within our outside their kins
    there's core of players that running the new t2c content, we expect to welcome more people to do so with the transfers

if any interested in a pvp kin i would recommend Ascension , we are experienced mature players that mainly pvp !
    Ascension-Arkenstone :

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Might pop in for an ale...
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil 107 CHN, Historian | Calchiar 110 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 77 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 97 HNT, Tinker

Quote Originally Posted by MithrilMinded View Post
    the pvp is mostly creep heavy earlier in day , and by 8pm est ad on is when we have most freeps on to take on and have action ( most freeps tent to be casuals) ...been very active since new map ..some players gaining 70k infamy a
    Then I must be incredibly unlucky, because every time I've signed in for the past year (mostly USA evening times, with some wekeends) I hardly saw any freeps, sometimes no freeps. I gave up.

I tried again just for the heck of it a few days ago and saw maybe 3 freeps, 2 of which were in the safe area (not sure what that's called).

Hopefully for those who stay here the action will pick up, but I suspect most who transfer to Ark will be the pve folks looking for the lowest pop server. The pvp players and the raiders are, I'm guessing, going to want a server with a higher population. At least there will be more players everywhere, and that's a good thing unless you're looking for a single-player lotro game.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    Then I must be incredibly unlucky, because every time I've signed in for the past year (mostly USA evening times, with some wekeends) I hardly saw any freeps, sometimes no freeps. I gave up.

I tried again just for the heck of it a few days ago and saw maybe 3 freeps, 2 of which were in the safe area (not sure what that's called).

Hopefully for those who stay here the action will pick up, but I suspect most who transfer to Ark will be the pve folks looking for the lowest pop server. The pvp players and the raiders are, I'm guessing, going to want a server with a higher population. At least there will be more players everywhere, and that's a good thing unless you're looking for a single-player lotro game.
    takes more than a day to know the pattern of ark pvp action, yeah some days ppl need to sleep and work or go do pve ...but ask this mp gaining 70k points a week..they far more active

and before new map, only took m 3 months to get rk from r0- to r10..playing mostly day time roaming...so ..not at bad as you think
    Ascension-Arkenstone :

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I WAS RIGHT THORG!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Hehe hohoho...

Freeps- Deok lvl 95 Hunter
    Creeps - Cintona Rank 11 Darkblits Rank 7

I said every time within the last year. It was a lot more than a day.

If Ark is great for USA daytime players then hopefully the server will get more of those. Some of us aren't home during the day and are restricted to evenings and/or weekends.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

If Ark is great for USA daytime players then hopefully the server will get more of those. Some of us aren't home during the day and are restricted to evenings and/or weekends.
    most busy nights imo always been mondays and fridays..and saturday afternoon ..i know..monday one is weird ..but yeah , that's ark ...im sure it will change now
    Ascension-Arkenstone :

1. How's the AH?
    2. How's the PvMP?

Thanks!
    All I can say is that Ark has always had good pvp to even at one pt, better pvp them 95% of other servers. Them were the days. Now, pvp is still good. Like Fin had alrdy said. Differnt times for many folks but, for those of us who are full time creeps. We know when and where to find our food. 70k per week is still good IMHO but, when I get 7-8k on my 1 creep, I'll alt to another one. On 3 main creeps I play. I can get up to 20-25k inf.

AH.... Creeps have a AH now? jk. I let someone else who knows better take that.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207010000207a82/signature.png]Anthraxious[/charsig] Reaver-Killanation r10, Black Arrow-Muzeygash-r10, Warleader-Grishski-r10, Defiler-Anthraxious-r12
    "People should not be unfamiliar with strategy, Those who understand it will survive, Those who do not understand it will perish"

I logged in a couple weeks ago - Friday night? maybe Saturday? can't remember. Was a team of creeps, maybe 8-10, and 6 freeps that eventually dwindled to 2, then 1, then none. Which is exactly how I remember it the time before when I logged in. And pretty much what I remember of the last 6-9 months.

I may be coming back, Gassy. Maybe we could get a Girl's Night put together again. Arkenstone always had the most fun female pvpers.
    Clarysta
    Twitter - @clarystainsun

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerinthemist View Post
    I logged in a couple weeks ago - Friday night? maybe Saturday? can't remember. Was a team of creeps, maybe 8-10, and 6 freeps that eventually dwindled to 2, then 1, then none. Which is exactly how I remember it the time before when I logged in. And pretty much what I remember of the last 6-9 months.

I may be coming back, Gassy. Maybe we could get a Girl's Night put together again. Arkenstone always had the most fun female pvpers.
    I'll still have at least a couple of creeps here I'm sure, but are there enough females for a ladies' night? Might have to wait a few weeks/months.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

I'll still have at least a couple of creeps here I'm sure, but are there enough females for a ladies' night? Might have to wait a few weeks/months.
    well other day at creep side i was hanging in a raid with 4 other ladies..sooo...yes..at least for a 6 man , theres is
    Ascension-Arkenstone :

Quote Originally Posted by MithrilMinded View Post
    well other day at creep side i was hanging in a raid with 4 other ladies..sooo...yes..at least for a 6 man , theres is
    Most people seem to think I'm a chick :P so could I join? jk
    Spruvo, noob warden of Arkenstone

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    I am in; Angredeth, Hunter, Tinker.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil 107 CHN, Historian | Calchiar 110 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 77 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 97 HNT, Tinker

Glad to see excitement as for a person that will be xfering I am looking at my options and glad to see that you guys are excited for new faces on your server I'm sure I will be experimenting all the servers so I'm sure you will see me around. I personally am interested in pvp trying to make my way through the high ranks. Thanks for being so welcoming
    Devdor

Quote Originally Posted by devdor View Post
    Glad to see excitement as for a person that will be xfering I am looking at my options and glad to see that you guys are excited for new faces on your server I'm sure I will be experimenting all the servers so I'm sure you will see me around. I personally am interested in pvp trying to make my way through the high ranks. Thanks for being so welcoming
    Devdor
    Glad to hear about interest in pvp..my case I'm pushing for my first purple rank(woo85k to go) !! And would be awesome to get it with new people around to celebrate it with )
    Last edited by MithrilMinded; Aug 03 2015 at 04:10 PM.
    Ascension-Arkenstone :

Congratz Arkenstone, Im glad you made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Congratz Arkenstone, Im glad you made it.
    Are you really though? :P

Quote Originally Posted by epicman107 View Post
    Are you really though? :P
    Yes, the routine I normally do on the pvp server forums is to create traffic. Ive tried to explain that to people many times. *shrug* people believe whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Yes, the routine I normally do on the pvp server forums is to create traffic. Ive tried to explain that to people many times. *shrug* people believe whatever they want.
    Well I've just started becoming active in the forums, so I probably missed the last time you explained it..

Quote Originally Posted by epicman107 View Post
    Well I've just started becoming active in the forums, so I probably missed the last time you explained it..
    It was post 2147. Now there are people on this server who should be perm banned but aside from that most everyone freepside has been nice to me. Granted they didnt know they were dealing with the forum persona "Thorgrum" but thats not important. What is important is freepside is welcoming and condusive to inclusion. Even the cheater is helpful mostly. Creepside, meh, blood hand were just cool people in general, most of them. The other tribes on the server I found to be not only less than friendly but nearly hostile.

The forums on this server suck because a lot of these clowns have been playing with each other for so long. Need more vitriol to spur more competition, otherwise its just a fight club which, dont tell anyone but Arkenstone has (or did).

I'll be back to the thorgrum show later. For now Im going to be respectful and let Ark enjoy its win without my color commentary.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast