We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 93
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,312

    Re: The Stance Thread

    with the goals of survivability in solo play, and less survivability in group play...

    my brainstorm ideas for new stance versions, since i have nuthing better to do while driving the truck 6 hours everyday:...

    Stance: Strength: +100% melee damage, +15% threat. if S:S is to be survivable for solo content, consider that solo hunters end up in melee, just simply because there is no one else to tank. with constantly interrupted inductions, extra melee damage is the solution, it's STRENGTH stance after all. add a parry buff too, say +5% (i don't know if extra ranged damage should be included or not)

    Stance: Precision: keep the hit chance modifiers, add 10% critical hit CHANCE... (that stacks with the critical rating to exceed the 15% cap (i also propose a change to bowmaster line below to help understand this) and remove parry/ evade chance completely (this stance would end up doing more damage just from the extra chance to crit, which actually fits the idea of precision, hits are more accurate and aimed more carfeully to hit more critical targets on the orc)

    Stance: Fleet: keep the moving miss bonus, keep the 5s move without focus loss bonus, +10 % attack speed, change the focus requirement to: 50% chance to evade (you're more skilled while moving right?) upon each successful evade, you lose 2 focus, legendary version would add another 20% to evade chance, and lower the focus lost to 1, per successful evade... keep the in combat req, and keep the req that if you run out of focus the stance ends, except when 5/5 traited (the huntsman line is already the survivability line, so to speak, so this stance would have more survivability for sure, at the cost of focus)

    Stance: Endurance: keep as is, except it doubles the power returned for Bow of the Righteous.

    now, i propose, in addition to the 4/5 barbed arrow bonuses i mentioned above, to change bowmaster to the folowing set bonuses:

    2/5: +5% crit multiplier
    3/5: +5% crit multiplier, +5% ranged damage, +5% power cost (if the arrow crits)
    4/5 +10% crit multiplier, +10% ranged damage, +10% power cost (if the arrow crits), barbed arrow bleed can trigger a 1k nuke when another ranged attack hits
    5/5 cool burn can be slotted, give cool burn additional crit chance bonus, say extra 20%

    yes, i know i removed the the threat from the line, but since hunters can't wield shields, they can't "tank" like the wardens and guards (who are the only other classes who have added threat from their trait lines) along that thinking, maybe S:S could enable wielding a light shield, but only in S:S...(just a random thought)

    bowmaster is supposed to be the "nuke" line, so to speak, so why not make it an actual "nuke" line, (lightning is the other trait line in game designed for nukes) the hunter should be a master of using the ow, right? so would do more damage right?

    the huntsmen line gives increase damage through faster inductions (more arrows per time) and reduced focus costs, so why not make bowmaster do more damage per hit, like it should

    in group play, bowmaster would then be viable as an alternative to the more even DPS huntsmen line, but would truly excel when in precision stance, due to the stance providing higher crit chance, and the trait set providing the extra damage. hunters would then have to choose between the extra crit damage and barbed arrow nuke from 4/5 bowmaster, or the in-combat press onward and reduced inductions and extra bleed damage from BA of 4/5 huntsman. (that's including my BA 4/5 set bonus idea posted on page one)

    P.S. and to answer the question above... why should hunters have 3 viable for group play trait lines? i answered that already... champs have 3 lines viable in group play, so do RKs, etc... i'm just asking for equality...

    P.S.S. i don't know why everyone wants bowmaster to be reserved for solo play, huntsman was designed for survivability (hence the two trait bonuses that give in combat heals), but it ended up being the main DPS trait line, instead...
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    464

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten_Legend View Post
    balth, the straight +% crit damage is already accounted for in the bowmaster trait line, and is available to all stances, even non-stance posturing.
    I wasn't suggesting an increase to crit damage %, I was suggesting an increase to Critical Hit Chance % (clearer now?). I stand by my build on my hunter which focuses as much as possible on Critical rating, because that ups my DPS more than any other change I can make except being in Strength where there is a direct +% damage factor. A stance that gave say +25% Critical Hit chance or even +4000 Critical Rating (even at max this would add a lot to devestate % chance which is additive to the flat critical %) would increase our damage in an effective way without having to add % to damage like Strength already has.

    I do know that the 3/5 Bowmaster gives +10% Critical Damage, which I why I typically run at least 3 Bowmaster traits even in groups where I never use [skill]Stance: Strength[/skill]. But upping our damage out put by increasing the frequency that we get a shot that does 2x damage would help our DPS output significantly. If this could be done without adding to power cost or threat (other than the additional damage of course) and at the reduction of survivability (parry/evade) we could see an ideal solution to our woes.

    Based on the old model of Focus Burn, additional Crits will also keep us using our Focus based skills more readily and more often, which back in SoA at least, was THE way to maximize damage (Thank you Dr. Strangehunter).
    Last edited by Balthinor; Aug 25 2009 at 06:45 PM.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20200000006847f/01008/signature.png]Balthinor[/charsig][/center]
    [center][size=3][color=#FFCC33]Lorimur 65 Champion, Rank 5[/color][/size][/center]
    [center] [size=4][color=#CC0000] Successor of [url=http://l33tvengeance.com/]Vengeance[/url] [/color][/size][/center]

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,312

    Re: The Stance Thread

    my apolagy balth, i musta misread it when i was blurry eyed or something... but i agree with you on crit chance... which i have to credit you with for why i thought of it for my post above...
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    464

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten_Legend View Post
    with the goals of survivability in solo play, and less survivability in group play...

    my brainstorm ideas for new stance versions, since i have nuthing better to do while driving the truck 6 hours everyday:...

    Stance: Strength: +100% melee damage, +15% threat. if S:S is to be survivable for solo content, consider that solo hunters end up in melee, just simply because there is no one else to tank. with constantly interrupted inductions, extra melee damage is the solution, it's STRENGTH stance after all. add a parry buff too, say +5% (i don't know if extra ranged damage should be included or not)

    ...maybe S:S could enable wielding a light shield, but only in S:S...(just a random thought)
    /smackhead.

    I die inside everytime you suggest we do more melee DPS. Play a champ, they can use light shields and bows. Hunter's are perfectly equipped to handle melee by:

    A) Slowing the target with a variety of skills and running away to Pew Pew

    B) Fearing the target, waiting for it to run away, slowing it and Pew Pewing

    C) Trapping the target, gaining additional distance, slowing it and Pew Pewing

    D) Using [trait]Resolute Aim[/trait] and Pew Pewing without moving anywhere until the mob is dead or...

    E) Standing still, using [skill]Blindside[/skill] to build focus and using focus shots which require no induction in melee range.

    It may seem crazy, but I think the class is doing exactly enough melee DPS as is.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20200000006847f/01008/signature.png]Balthinor[/charsig][/center]
    [center][size=3][color=#FFCC33]Lorimur 65 Champion, Rank 5[/color][/size][/center]
    [center] [size=4][color=#CC0000] Successor of [url=http://l33tvengeance.com/]Vengeance[/url] [/color][/size][/center]

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,312

    Re: The Stance Thread

    i'm going by Whif's guidelines for making precision stance the main DPS stance there balth... which means strangth stance has to be changed to something else... and the only thing i could think of was to make it a melee stance, providing extra damage and parry buffs for hunters (not specifically for myself, mind you, but many many others want an increase in melee damage) (i personally carry around level 55 triple traps for oh **** situations... but that's frankly none of yo business :P)

    besides... if everyone wanted to CC mobs to survive, i think they would have rolled LMs or Burgs, not hunters... (EDIT: or even trapper of foes trait set) they roll hunters because they want to do damage, because they want to NUKE. i'm just offering an idea that would allow hunters a chance to NUKE with their melee attacks while in solo... because everyone doesn't play the same way.

    think of it as another way to customize your character and playstyle ot the way you want, while allowing others to customize their character and playstyle to the way they want. that's all.

    and like i said before, its just brainstorming.
    Last edited by Forgotten_Legend; Aug 25 2009 at 06:56 PM.
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    710

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Balthinor View Post
    /smackhead.

    I die inside everytime you suggest we do more melee DPS. Play a champ, they can use light shields and bows. Hunter's are perfectly equipped to handle melee by:
    <stuffs>
    I agree with Forgotten_Legend. There is no reason that the hunter melee DPS couldn't be on par with their range DPS in a solo stance. I wouldn't add the parry chance however (after much thought).
    Multiple mobs should still be a huge threat to us, and we should be relying on that +100% melee damage to tear down one target at a time.

    For crying out loud we dual wield!!
    Someone, somewhere obviously thought we should be capable of hurting things in melee more effectively than just blindside for focus and PS.

    There are benefits to changing our solo stance to be melee focused.
    Firstly it'll stop fools from using it in group situations.
    Secondly it makes more sense to use your damn swords in melee range!
    And finally you wouldn't have to use this stance. Nothing would stop you from speccing for CC and taking a different approach.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000e4a6e/01007/signature.png]Aegalir[/charsig]
    "Can't we all just get along?"
    [/center]

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    231

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom12 View Post
    N O !
    You did see the +40% dmg SS right? Do you really believe that SS is going to get a boost in dmg without an increase in power and threat? Its a great trade off and if you disagree why don't you make an argument that goes longer then a word. Its also a great tradeoff to get our other stances boosted.


    P.S. What is with all these hunters and wanting soloablity increased. Hunters are one of the easiest classes to solo. Some people won't be happy until they can solo elite masters. The hunter doesn't need a heal they don't need increased solo survivalblity they need their group friendlyness increased. I'm sorry if that bothers a few casual gammers who are struggling but quite frankly if you can't solo a hunter the problem is you and not that class.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000b4e77/signature.png]Wayolen[/charsig]

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    684

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tannus View Post
    I agree with Forgotten_Legend. There is no reason that the hunter melee DPS couldn't be on par with their range DPS in a solo stance. I wouldn't add the parry chance however (after much thought).
    Multiple mobs should still be a huge threat to us, and we should be relying on that +100% melee damage to tear down one target at a time.

    For crying out loud we dual wield!!
    Someone, somewhere obviously thought we should be capable of hurting things in melee more effectively than just blindside for focus and PS.

    There are benefits to changing our solo stance to be melee focused.
    Firstly it'll stop fools from using it in group situations.
    Secondly it makes more sense to use your damn swords in melee range!
    And finally you wouldn't have to use this stance. Nothing would stop you from speccing for CC and taking a different approach.
    Go roll a champ. We are ranged DPS. If you read the class description in the manual, we are not meant to be fighting things in melee for any length of time.
    Whiskeysam Mcgee - Hunter, Fisherman, Inn League Member

    "Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    710

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FolklegendRedux View Post
    Go roll a champ. We are ranged DPS. If you read the class description in the manual, we are not meant to be fighting things in melee for any length of time.
    Champs are heavy armour melee AoE which is nothing like what i'm suggesting.

    Who said anything about "any length of time" ?
    75% of our damage should still come from our ranged skills before we get into melee. What i'm advocating is instead of upping our range damage and threat generation for our SOLO stance, instead increase our ability to finish fights with our melee abilities.

    Then increase the damage output from our GROUP NUKE stance to give us back our group functionality. IE; drop our evade / parry and give us +range damage %
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000e4a6e/01007/signature.png]Aegalir[/charsig]
    "Can't we all just get along?"
    [/center]

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,312

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FolklegendRedux View Post
    Go roll a champ. We are ranged DPS. If you read the class description in the manual, we are not meant to be fighting things in melee for any length of time.
    i can play that game too, if you want to do ranged DPS, roll an RK! especially since we're not meant to do good DPS at range for any length of time either. that's why we're brainstorming ideas to bring hunters back up to par with the other DPS classes. are you going to offer any good suggestions?

    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Class:Hunter

    Class: Hunter

    * Skill Level: Moderate
    * Hunters are masters of field and forest, unmatched in their dexterity with the bow. They use their survival skills to guide companions and lay traps for enemies. Hunters are at their strongest when attacking from a distance, but are able to defend themselves in melee combat when needed.
    * Role: Nuker
    * The Hunter is proficient at dealing out damage to single foes at both range and melee. When Hunters are at range, they can unleash devastating arrow shots that do high damage to single targets. When the lone enemy manages to close into melee range, the Hunter is well-equipped to deal the finishing blow with some melee skills.
    the words devestating and well-equipped don't exactly come into play anymore, as shown by parses in the other thread. and neither does the word proficient, especially when comparing hunters to the other classes.
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    684

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tannus View Post
    Champs are heavy armour melee AoE which is nothing like what i'm suggesting.

    Who said anything about "any length of time" ?
    75% of our damage should still come from our ranged skills before we get into melee. What i'm advocating is instead of upping our range damage and threat generation for our SOLO stance, instead increase our ability to finish fights with our melee abilities.

    Then increase the damage output from our GROUP NUKE stance to give us back our group functionality. IE; drop our evade / parry and give us +range damage %
    What is the fascination with melee? We're a ranged class. Fix our ranged skills and you don't need to worry about melee.
    Whiskeysam Mcgee - Hunter, Fisherman, Inn League Member

    "Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    684

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten_Legend View Post
    i can play that game too, if you want to do ranged DPS, roll an RK! especially since we're not meant to do good DPS at ranged for any length of time either. that's why we're brainstorm ideas to bring hunters back up to par with the other DPS classes. do you have any good suggestions? or are you just going to troll?

    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Class:Hunter



    the words devestating and well-equipped don't exactly come into play anymore, as shown by parses in the other thread. and neither does the word proficient, especially when comparing hunters to the other classes.
    Since when are we not supposed to do good DPS at range? They've screwed the class up, but that doesn't mean we should disregard the stated purpose of the class and give up on trying to get back to it. Do you have any good suggestions to do that? Because buffing our melee skills is a stupid one. We have parsed, we have thrown ideas out, we have begged for some feedback from Turbine, we've finally gotten word from Turbine which didn't really say anything after a thread threatening to bug QS every day, and you know what we have to show for months of posting? ****.
    Whiskeysam Mcgee - Hunter, Fisherman, Inn League Member

    "Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FolklegendRedux View Post
    and you know what we have to show for months of posting? ****.
    I don't know about you guys, but I got alot of epic pics of pies, lolcats, and jokes about picking up chicks on the forums.




    which was WAY more entertaining than anything my hunters done since Book 6.
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    684

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kerryak View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I got alot of epic pics of pies, lolcats, and jokes about picking up chicks on the forums.




    which was WAY more entertaining than anything my hunters done since Book 6.
    There's always the Inn League...
    Whiskeysam Mcgee - Hunter, Fisherman, Inn League Member

    "Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    710

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FolklegendRedux View Post
    What is the fascination with melee? We're a ranged class. Fix our ranged skills and you don't need to worry about melee.
    I'm not sure what else to say...
    I guess from my perspective there are some core issues with the hunter at the moment.

    1) hunters don't do enough ranged DPS right now.
    2) hunters do more range dps in a solo stance, but the threat gen screws up our group desirability.

    So, we need a way to increase our range DPS while grouping without increasing our threat to insane levels AND without becoming OP solo.
    Hunters will still continue to use the strength stance in groups and be hated for it if it stays the way it is. Even if another stance did enough damage, lots of people will still stick the highest range damage they can do.
    This can be avoided by shifting the solo stance damage increase to melee.
    If another stance then got a good range damage increase and you add the evasion / parry nerf and you have a good group range stance that isn't viable solo.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000e4a6e/01007/signature.png]Aegalir[/charsig]
    "Can't we all just get along?"
    [/center]

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    684

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tannus View Post
    I'm not sure what else to say...
    I guess from my perspective there are some core issues with the hunter at the moment.

    1) hunters don't do enough ranged DPS right now.
    2) hunters do more range dps in a solo stance, but the threat gen screws up our group desirability.

    So, we need a way to increase our range DPS while grouping without increasing our threat to insane levels AND without becoming OP solo.
    Hunters will still continue to use the strength stance in groups and be hated for it if it stays the way it is. Even if another stance did enough damage, lots of people will still stick the highest range damage they can do.
    This can be avoided by shifting the solo stance damage increase to melee.
    If another stance then got a good range damage increase and you add the evasion / parry nerf and you have a good group range stance that isn't viable solo.
    There are a number of other ways to fix Hunter DPS already mentioned in various threads (better legacies, stance changes, DPS changes, threat reductions, group buffs, etc) that address the problem while adhering with our core role of ranged DPS. We are not a melee DPS class. We have a much better chance (if anything is going to get changed) of getting our ranged DPS adjusted than having them rework our melee side.
    Whiskeysam Mcgee - Hunter, Fisherman, Inn League Member

    "Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,312

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FolklegendRedux View Post
    Since when are we not supposed to do good DPS at range? They've screwed the class up, but that doesn't mean we should disregard the stated purpose of the class and give up on trying to get back to it. Do you have any good suggestions to do that? Because buffing our melee skills is a stupid one. We have parsed, we have thrown ideas out, we have begged for some feedback from Turbine, we've finally gotten word from Turbine which didn't really say anything after a thread threatening to bug QS every day, and you know what we have to show for months of posting? ****.
    if you go back and read the complete ideas being thrown out here, we're talkin about buffing precision to be the main group stance, (and give bowmaster bonuses to all stances, not just strength, and even giving different set bonuses) but to do that, strength stance needs to be changed so the stances offer different benefits, and if we want S:P to be the main group stance, S:S needs to offer something more for solo play. since a lot of hunters have said they want more melee damage on the forums, why not change strength stance to allow for more melee damage, to offer the alternative to S:P and the other proposed stance changes, taken all together.

    if you never want to use melee skills, you should have asked the question, "why give hunters melee skills at all?" since it doesn't fit your playstyle. we're simply offering another option for many hunters who have requested that said option.

    oh wait, i forgot, we're all supposed to run around clones of each other, using exactly the same gear, same look, same race, same traits, and follow exactly the same shot rotations... oh wait, thats pretty much what's happened with MoM! 4 hunts/ 3 bowmaster hunters are pretty much the only build out there now, because all else are inferior. RKs and Champs have a lot more diversity, but obviously hunters aren't allowed to have any diversity at all, so i'll just stop offering suggestions that would improve the class to be enjoyable by anyone besides you... :P

    and if you go back to read page one, you'll see i haven't offered any suggestions here at all... about trait set bonus changes, stance changes... buffs to barbed arrow...

    and yes our class IS messed up... (that was my point in saying to go roll a RK, btw) but just because our ranged DPS is screwed up doesn't mean that our melee dps ISN'T. why are you so opposed to melee? we're not asking to buff melee DPS to champion levels.

    yes, iv'e been following the boards for well over a year now... i'm just as frustrated as you... but tell me, how many hunter melee skills are called "worthless" by hunters (outside of the moors) let me think... low cut does no damage... scourging blow takes away from ranged DPS, swift strike is only good for the parry buff, but not really worth it, agile rejoinder is a waste, and blindside is ONLY useful because of the focus generated... at least, the general consensus i infer from reading the same threads you do.

    so tell me again... why are you opposed to buffing useless skills into usefulness in one stance that is intended for solo play anyway?

    EDIT: to your post #41 in this thread above: we're discussing some of those changes here as well, if you'll take the time to read the whole idea within context....
    Last edited by Forgotten_Legend; Aug 25 2009 at 11:42 PM.
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    710

    Re: The Stance Thread

    I'm well aware that the hunter was the original ranged DPS class.
    I'm also aware that ranged DPS needs addressing.

    Like it or not, RKs are here to stay, and they have taken over the ranged DPS role.

    Questions worth asking are:
    Why bother with a hunter over a RK?
    What makes them better?

    atm the only thing is ports.
    we have better armour and melee skills but we don't take advantage of that at all.

    If you up our ranged DPS to comparable to a RK then you end up with a less squishy RK that doesn't need to attune.
    We would just rock up and decimate everything.

    If RK have better ranged DPS then why bother having a hunter in a group? RK has better DPS and can heal as well if the situation requires.

    You can run around all day saying that hunters were the ranged DPS kings when LOTRO launched, but it won't accomplish anything, because the game changed.
    Turbine need to take a look at the hunters role in the game now that RKs are here and redefine what hunters do.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000e4a6e/01007/signature.png]Aegalir[/charsig]
    "Can't we all just get along?"
    [/center]

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    231

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tannus View Post
    You're like some jesus freak picking bits of the bible that you like and ignoring the parts you don't.

    this bit here ---> the Hunter is well-equipped to deal the finishing blow with some melee skills.

    That's what we're talking about. Direct from the manual, the wiki, or wherever else you want to look.

    read it again the Hunter is well-equipped to deal the finishing blow with some melee skills.

    When was the last time you finished an opponent with a melee skill? NEVER.
    The class is broken, it needs a major overhaul, not just a tweak. They tried to tweak the DPS directly and it didn't work.
    Why not try and make all of our skills useful in some way?
    Forgotten_Legend and i agree totally with you. Ranged DPS needs fixing. But i think we're both frustrated that for some reason you feel that means we should be **** in melee.
    By your reasoning they should probably just ditch all our melee skills, get rid of our melee weapons and just have us use the bow all the time. LIKE A RK. Maybe you should re-roll after all.
    Giving the hunters better mele damage won't fix the problems with our class. Solo has never been an issue. Its how we contribute to groups that needs a boost.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000b4e77/signature.png]Wayolen[/charsig]

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    710

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tannus View Post
    Then increase the damage output from our GROUP NUKE stance to give us back our group functionality. IE; drop our evade / parry and give us +range damage %
    From my earlier post
    i'll keep the idea simple.

    change strength to +melee damage, normal threat, normal range dmg, normal power cost. this is a solo stance.

    change precision to + range damage - evade & parry. this is a group nuker stance.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000e4a6e/01007/signature.png]Aegalir[/charsig]
    "Can't we all just get along?"
    [/center]

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    684

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tannus View Post
    I'm well aware that the hunter was the original ranged DPS class.
    I'm also aware that ranged DPS needs addressing.

    Like it or not, RKs are here to stay, and they have taken over the ranged DPS role.

    Questions worth asking are:
    Why bother with a hunter over a RK?
    What makes them better?

    atm the only thing is ports.
    we have better armour and melee skills but we don't take advantage of that at all.

    If you up our ranged DPS to comparable to a RK then you end up with a less squishy RK that doesn't need to attune.
    We would just rock up and decimate everything.

    If RK have better ranged DPS then why bother having a hunter in a group? RK has better DPS and can heal as well if the situation requires.

    You can run around all day saying that hunters were the ranged DPS kings when LOTRO launched, but it won't accomplish anything, because the game changed.
    Turbine need to take a look at the hunters role in the game now that RKs are here and redefine what hunters do.
    Wrong. Absolutely the wrong way to go about it. You don't fundamentally change what a class is supposed to do after 2+ years without pissing off the people who play that class. Our job is supposed to be damaging things. We are the nuker class. The advantage to bringing a Hunter should be they do more damage in a group than other classes. That's what needs to get fixed. We are fine soloing.
    Whiskeysam Mcgee - Hunter, Fisherman, Inn League Member

    "Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    710

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FolklegendRedux View Post
    Wrong. Absolutely the wrong way to go about it. You don't fundamentally change what a class is supposed to do after 2+ years without pissing off the people who play that class. Our job is supposed to be damaging things. We are the nuker class. The advantage to bringing a Hunter should be they do more damage in a group than other classes. That's what needs to get fixed. We are fine soloing.
    Good luck with that

    Class: Rune-keeper
    Skill Level: Advanced
    Role: Nuker / Healer

    A cloth nuker will always hit harder than a medium armour nuker. Go roll a RK, you got shafted when moria launched.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000e4a6e/01007/signature.png]Aegalir[/charsig]
    "Can't we all just get along?"
    [/center]

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    684

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tannus View Post
    From my earlier post
    i'll keep the idea simple.

    change strength to +melee damage, normal threat, normal range dmg, normal power cost. this is a solo stance.

    change precision to + range damage - evade & parry. this is a group nuker stance.
    Why would I use Strength for soloing with these changes? You'd be better off in Precision until the target gets in melee range, by which point he should be nearly dead making your melee skills even more useless. Your idea actually makes me worse against ranged enemies since I would have to give up the damage bonus Strength currently gives. I'd have to run up to a ranged mob potentially aggroing other mobs nearby to take advantage of the melee bonus. That makes the ranged skills which are our primary damage skills less effective. What you're describing really sounds like a Warden, to be honest.
    Whiskeysam Mcgee - Hunter, Fisherman, Inn League Member

    "Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    684

    Re: The Stance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tannus View Post
    Good luck with that

    Class: Rune-keeper
    Skill Level: Advanced
    Role: Nuker / Healer

    A cloth nuker will always hit harder than a medium armour nuker. Go roll a RK, you got shafted when moria launched.
    Go roll a Champ or Warden since you're determined to play melee.
    Whiskeysam Mcgee - Hunter, Fisherman, Inn League Member

    "Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    710

    Re: The Stance Thread

    So basically we should have 1 stance

    Range DPS stance!

    We use it in groups, solo, everything.

    Nothing else for hunters matters at all, we just need to put out as much ranged DPS as possible. There is no point in doing anything else, or considering anything else, because range dps is king!

    I give up.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000e4a6e/01007/signature.png]Aegalir[/charsig]
    "Can't we all just get along?"
    [/center]

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload