We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 189 of 189 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 185 186 187 188 189
Results 4,701 to 4,722 of 4722
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorin View Post
    I couldn't identify the gloves, boots, or leggings, however I can for sure tell you that the look of the boots is a generally acquired medium armour piece from various quests throughout Eriador, so take a look around I suppose!
    The boots appear to be Shadowhyrst's Shoes (or an identical skin): https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...yrst%27s_Shoes

The leggings are a common low-level skin...might even be in an outfitter shop or one of the classes' initial sets (burg?).
    § Elendilmir refugee on Ark §

§ Aerynsol . 29 | Arestelle . 105 | Calairiel . 42 | Gwaewen . 41 | Iadessea . 26 | Magrith . 37 | Melaidhrin . 29 | Miraear . 28 | Muiriol . 105 | Nephra . 21 | Solina-1 . 33 §

§ miraear's threads: a cosmetic history §

I have so many different looks I use, but here are some of my favorite ones for my main, my Elf Warden.

Heavy armor

Medium armor (hood down and up versions)

No armor

3 Fountain Street, Towerglan, Bree-land Homesteads, Arkenstone, Sweden
    Kaeneth, care to show what gear that is in the mdium and heavy armour sets? I do recognize some of it, but it would be nice with a list.

The Nadhin shoulders are actually a good combo with the circlet and those upper body pieces, I have long ago dismissed them as ugly, but here they look almost good.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Arkenstone -> Moving to Crickhollow
    Malancil 105 CHN, Historian | Calchiar 105 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 77 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 95 HNT, Tinker

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    Kaeneth, care to show what gear that is in the mdium and heavy armour sets? I do recognize some of it, but it would be nice with a list.

The Nadhin shoulders are actually a good combo with the circlet and those upper body pieces, I have long ago dismissed them as ugly, but here they look almost good.
    Sure thing, these are all the pieces along with where to get them for future reference to anybody interested. Boots, head and shoulders are white, the rest are steel blue. Of course the shoulders also being steel blue on hood up. Sometimes I'll use a white or grey version, but steel blue is my favorite.

Head: Ceremonial Rune-Maker's Hat (classic skirmish vendor, and Lalia's market) Ceremonial hood of night (Lalia's market)
    Back: Elf Lord's Cloak (LOTRO store)
    Shoulders: Heavy Nadhin on hood down (Dol Amroth, random drops), Shoulders of the wall-warden on hood up. (classic skirmish vendor)
    Hands: Ceremonial gauntlets of the iron arm (cosmetic skirmish vendor)
    Chest: Battle-leader's breastplate (classic skirmish vendor)
    Legs: Trousers of the hopeful melody (classic skirmish vendor)
    Feet: Heavy Nadhin Boots (Dol Amroth, random drops)
    Sword: Strong Calenard war sword (not sure where this comes from, just got it off AH)

Thanks, I kind of like the heavy Nadhin shoulders myself, but couldn't ever quite figure out a good use for them until using this outfit.

I have created my first Elf. A Hunter named Cireol.

I should probably mention I find a lot of Elvish armour a bit strange, in particular the shoulderpads/guards, so after pondering different sets for a while I went for something really easy, with a small twitch.

The Armour is Heavy, but, as most of you should know, you can equip any armour after dropping it in your wardrobe first, in case you wonder how I equipped Heavy armour on a Medium armour Hunter. It is "stock" armour, purchased from the Vendors in Rivendell, and dyed gold. But, the shoulderguards are Dwarf, crafted by Cireol, Medium (Stout Sturdy Dwarf-make Leather Shoulder Guards) . Despite being a mostly Heavy armour outfit I think it gives a slim enough impression for a Medium armour Class, if that impression is wanted. IMO the edge of the shoulderguards go nicely with the neck line of the armour and that is why I took an extra shoot zooming in on those a bit.

(The lips are way to red for a male elf, but... well... note to self, less lipstick...)

The screenshots are taken in DX9, should anyone consider them of low quality.

I am not yet all that happy with the boots, but I will look again at that later.
    Last edited by Marancil; May 28 2017 at 02:45 PM.
    Malancil 105 CHN, Historian | Calchiar 105 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 77 WDN, Woodsman

This week's outfit brings a taste of Dunland. I call this the Uch-lûth Skirmisher.

For full details on the dyes and pieces used, follow this link: http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....kirmisher.html

guess which class this is

Warg?

I have created my first Elf. A Hunter named Cireol.
    welcome to the master race! Hehe
    My Lotro blog :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    This week's outfit brings a taste of Dunland. I call this the Uch-lûth Skirmisher.

For full details on the dyes and pieces used, follow this link: http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....kirmisher.html

That Farmers' Faire body piece looks striking in this color, and very tribal... Got so used to its default umber appearance it didn't even occur to play around with its dye options. So much roleplaying potential in those wild territories for Beornings, I don't have one but looking at the pic I can see how the class aesthetics fit right into Dunland/Enedwaith and their quest themes.

Great to see you haven't retired your Lotro cosmetic blog, Nathrien, always a joy to revisit this thread and to see fresh creative ideas (which goes for everyone still posting, too), rekindles the love of Lotro despite current grind/gameplay issues etc. The possibilities for matching unique outfits to characters are truly endless... Keep 'em coming!
    Éala Éarendel engla beorhtast / ofer middangeard monnum sended / and sodfasta sunnan leoma, / tohrt ofer tunglas þu tida gehvane / of sylfum þe symle inlihtes.

purple

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    That Farmers' Faire body piece looks striking in this color, and very tribal... Got so used to its default umber appearance it didn't even occur to play around with its dye options. So much roleplaying potential in those wild territories for Beornings, I don't have one but looking at the pic I can see how the class aesthetics fit right into Dunland/Enedwaith and their quest themes.

Great to see you haven't retired your Lotro cosmetic blog, Nathrien, always a joy to revisit this thread and to see fresh creative ideas (which goes for everyone still posting, too), rekindles the love of Lotro despite current grind/gameplay issues etc. The possibilities for matching unique outfits to characters are truly endless... Keep 'em coming!
    I've been trying to find some more unique combinations in recent months to keep the outfits fresh and not recycled. With my Beorn, it gave me the wonderful opportunity to make a Dunland-style outfit. I've came out of retirement once already because of the new skins released with the Central Gondor and later QPs. I'm hoping to be around for a long time!

And as for all the people that still post here, I also think it's great to see how many awesome outfits are being shared!

Thlim Galdon

head: Helm of the West Tower, barter in Annuminas
    shoulders: Pauldrons of the Reclaimed City, umber dye, North Ithilien quest reward
    chest+leggings (it is a onsie): Lacquered chest piece of the Ithilien Captain, barter with the Herbalist in Henneth Annun
    hands: Gauntlets of the Lady’s Defence, guardian Dar Narbugud armour barter in Caras Galadhon
    feet: Boots#of the Lady’s Defence, guardian Dar Narbugud armour barter in Caras Galadhon
    back: Legolas’ cloak, umber dye, reward from the Scavenger Hunt
    My Lotro blog :)

Nice outfit, clean and well coloured.

Don't fancy the helm though, never understood the design or its purpose. Santa Claus with random metal sheets?

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    Thlim Galdon

Love the look of the whole set together, it's so integral and cohesive... brings out the majesty of the Eldar, even in war not without grace. Almost feels like a preview of a high elf captain - something about that set exuding that kind of leader's charisma and valor.
    That wolf looks genuinely fearful!

Don't fancy the helm though, never understood the design or its purpose. Santa Claus with random metal sheets?
    One of my favorite helmets in Lotro in the 'unique appearance' category, that headpiece was never replicated or copied elsewhere (not counting the 65 stats-version of same armor that is only more intricate and differently perma-colored). Its design reminds me a lot of Swiss late-medieval/early Renaissance comb helms, only fitted out more towards Elvish aesthetics (the floral contour of the metal sheets for example). What one sees in it is of course in the eye of the beholder... but I like how the (on first appearance) somewhat non-intimidating and theatrical headpiece could be worn with such confidence and self-surety by an Elf warrior on the battlefield as to strike terror into enemies' hearts precisely by that kind of confidence and self esteem. Then it becomes intimidating indeed. Not unlike the elaborate and ornate Renaissance-era adornments on some battlefield armor, not for parades in peaceful times but meant to be worn in war. Imposition of the wearer's identity upon the battlefield, extension of the wearer's self to get into the heads of enemies and confound/distract/befuddle them, any moment of hesitation is an opening to strike and kill.
    Last edited by Herwegur; Jun 20 2017 at 12:40 AM.
    Éala Éarendel engla beorhtast / ofer middangeard monnum sended / and sodfasta sunnan leoma, / tohrt ofer tunglas þu tida gehvane / of sylfum þe symle inlihtes.

Very good point Herwegur...

My favorite Guardian outfit right now:

"Does life ever get easy?" "What do you want me to say?" "Lie to me" "Yes, it's terribly simple. The good guys are always stalwart and true. The bad guys are easily distinguished(...)No one ever dies and everybody lives happily ever after." "Liar."

Very nice, Tatharil! I love the battered shield, too
    “At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Maggiethefair View Post
    Very nice, Tatharil! I love the battered shield, too
    Ooops, forgot to add the items:
    Weapon: Longsword Esteldin vendor (I think it's the lvl 29 sword)
    Shield: Shield of the Northfarthing - Worlddrop
    Bow: Heavy Rowan Bow
    Cloak: Cloak of the Grey Company - walnut brown
    Chest: Breastplate of the Five Rivers - walnut brown
    Gloves: Medium Nadhin Gauntlets - walnut brown
    Boots: Disused Boots of the Dunland Soothsayer - walnut brown
    "Does life ever get easy?" "What do you want me to say?" "Lie to me" "Yes, it's terribly simple. The good guys are always stalwart and true. The bad guys are easily distinguished(...)No one ever dies and everybody lives happily ever after." "Liar."

My new LM and her new outfit

Page 189 of 189 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 185 186 187 188 189