We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 165 of 182 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 175 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4528

A travelling noble

Head: Extravagant Festival Cap, umber
    Back: Vibrant Calenard War Pauldrons, washed
    Shoulders: Simbelmynë Cloak, umber
    Chest: Noble’s Woolen Robe, turquoise
    Hands: Rider’s Studded Gauntlets, umber
    Feet: Gardening Boots, sienna
    ELENDILMIR refugee on Ark || Arestelle . hunter . 100 .:. Muiriol . champ . 100 .:. Magrith . warden . 35 .:. Solina-1 . Beorning . 31 §§ Gwaewen .:. Calairiel .:. Aerynsol .:. Miraear

miraear's threads: a cosmetic history

My Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Calabar View Post
    It’s been a while since I’ve seen a cosmetic outfit post and given the mood of some of the threads bouncing around recently I thought a less serious thread might be fun.

This is my hunter’s outfit. He’s my first character and I still consider him my main character. I believe I found the final piece to this outfit somewhere in his mid to late forties. He's been wearing it for about a year now. Some of my characters change outfits a lot because I’ve not found THE outfit for them. But once I put this together outfit together I knew Calabar wouldn’t be looking for anything else. Well, he does have a kin outfit, but he only wears that when grouped with the kin.

Calabar doesn’t use a helm or shoulder pads. I feel this outfit looks better without them. Nor does he use a cape. I loath how horrible the clipping is on capes for any character carrying items on their backs. And as Cal uses a crossbow and a spear, I just don’t go there.

This is my hunter!

Here are my slotted outfits, some are uniforms for player run events, others are my personal preference.
    I have a post on my blog that explains which outfit is worn for which role. I could use a slot or two more

Theninny.wordpress.com

Since my initial installment in the Simple Fashion series proved successful, I've decided to continue the theme and focus upon dresses. The three outfits you see here are meant to have the smallest number of pieces possible.

For full details on the pieces and dyes used, please follow this blog link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....ess-ideas.html

Seems like this thread has been going slower than before, so I'll de-lurk and finally put something up.

Son of the mountains and forge-father of ancient metals. Wearing the Wyrmscale cloak in defiance and mockery of the memory of these beasts, hoarders of gold and bitter enemies of Durin's folk.

The outfit happened spontaneously. What inspired me was music. It is the 'Lament for Oakenshield' that is heard when you enter Thorgest's haven in Hrimbarg outpost. One of the most blood-stirring pieces in the game, and it speaks to me what no words can ever describe. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V88CFeJSlC8) This dwarf alt used to be a mere crafting toon. But hearing that music opened up a new world of depth to me as a player (and to my inner writer), and this alt turned into a character with a story and immersive atmosphere based on the story.
    Last edited by Herwegur; Jul 07 2014 at 05:19 PM.

This week's post, Midnight Magic, features my first outfit using steel blue dye and a stash of cosmetics rarely used in any of my ensembles. Also, this post marks the beginning of my final days with LOTRO since I won't be purchasing U14 or future content expansions. This doesn't mean I'll stop outfitting suddenly. I actually have outfits to last through September on my blog...and possibly longer.

For full details on the pieces and dyes used, follow this link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    Since my initial installment in the Simple Fashion series proved successful, I've decided to continue the theme and focus upon dresses. The three outfits you see here are meant to have the smallest number of pieces possible.

For full details on the pieces and dyes used, please follow this blog link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....ess-ideas.html

Nice outfit simplistic yet elegant, keep up the good work.

Thlim Echtel

head: Circlet of adamant, lotro store

shoulders: Shield-master’s Shoulders, white dye, classic skirmish barter

chest: Battle Leader’s breastplate, White dye, classic skirmish barter

hands: Battle Leader’s gauntlets, White dye, classic skirmish barter

legs: Leggings of the hopeful melody, White dye, classic skirmish barter

feet: Battle Leader’s boots, White dye, classic skirmish barter

back: Wrap of the warden, White dye, barter with Warden of Annuminas, kindred
    ~Wandering around Arda~ my Lotro blog :)

1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    Thlim Echtel

This is truly an elegant, noble, and completely befitting outfit for any male elf!! I am greatly, thoroughly impressed with this! Great job!
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

So I finally got my Woodland Ranger's outfit! Woot! So I thought I'd try a Middle-earth version of the Arrow TV show costume:

Head: Woodland Ranger’s Hood (Rivendell Green)
    Shoulders: Traveler’s Road-worn Mantle (Rivendell Green)
    Back: Fine Elven Quiver (Rivendell Green)
    Chest: Westemnet Skirmish Armour of Determination (RivendellGreen)
    Hands: Dolen-Lhaw (Rivendell Green)
    Legs: Ceremonial Thrill-seekers’s Leggings (Rivendell Green)
    Feet: Scout’s Weathered Leather Boots (Rivendell Green)
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Karvett - Turtle's Bane

I've been running about in Moria, and specifically Water Works and Filikul. Got a few items that inspired this outfit.

I present Karvett Logsplitter- ThirdAge Militant Noglond TurtleFoe (T.M.N.T. Yeah, I went there. )

"In order to hunt the great turtle, you have to become the great turtle." - Karvett

--The pieces--
    Head: Boar Festival Mask (Ranger Green)
    Shoulders: Elven Soldier's Shoulders - T4 Crafted (Olive)
    Back: Sea-Turtle Pack - Lotro Store (default)
    Chest: Sentinel's Armor T6 crafted - (Olive)
    Hands: Elven Soldier's Gloves - T4 Crafted (Olive)
    Legs: Leggings of the Arnorian Holdfast - Evendim Guard Set (Olive) Shares appearance with several different dwarf style leggings.
    Feet: Barrow-Warrior's Boots - GB set, Skirm Vendor (Olive)
    Sword: Guardian's Filikul Sword of the Second Age (Turtle raid drop) Westernesse Dmg for the nice green shimmer.
    Sheild: Heavy Shell Shield (Turtle raid drop)

FYI - Noglond is where the Guardians go for the level 50 class quest gear... and it happened to start with "N". So it fit perfectly.

I wanted to reply with a 'this outfit would only be complete with the proper headgear, that is, if it can be dyed'; and started searching the cosmetic blogs and the forum. It took ages - probably more than an hour - until I managed to find a posting that contained this specific piece. Google wasn't really helpful; it has a reference, but only to the *OLD* Lotro forum, and if you click the link in the pictures gallery, you get an error because 'the page does not allow to be loaded into a frame' (or rather, everything went to another place and Google didn't notice at all. Go figure.)

So after a lot of tedious work, I could only retrieve this:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...24#post6518424
    which says, that the equipment is crafted. And that's it, no details or specifications.

Sometimes you just hit a brick wall...

Edit: One more hour, and I have finally identified this thing. It is the Skirmish Helm of the Mark, if the recipe is bartered from the Sutcrofts reputation vendor, or the Combat Helm of Eomer, if the recipe is bought from the Guild. And it doesn't really dye, especially the front part.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Last edited by Polymachos; Jul 17 2014 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    This week's post, Midnight Magic, features my first outfit using steel blue dye and a stash of cosmetics rarely used in any of my ensembles. Also, this post marks the beginning of my final days with LOTRO since I won't be purchasing U14 or future content expansions. This doesn't mean I'll stop outfitting suddenly. I actually have outfits to last through September on my blog...and possibly longer.

For full details on the pieces and dyes used, follow this link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

I wanted to do this with my female elf in a different colour scheme a while ago. But the clipping isn't right. I wonder why, because I love the combination.

Anyway, this is my current favourite outfit.
    Head: Ceremonial Circlet of the Seven Stars - dyed black
    Shoulders: Ceremonial Storyteller's Fur-Lined Mantle
    Chest: Ceremonial Robe of the Dunland Sage - dyed black
    Hands: Ceremonial Leather Bracers of the Gentle Stag - dyed umber
    Feet: Ceremonial Trapper's Leather Boots - dyed umber
    Last edited by MuseLovertje; Jul 17 2014 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuseLovertje View Post
    I wanted to do this with my female elf in a different colour scheme a while ago. But the clipping isn't right. I wonder why, because I love the combination.
    I do too, but I don't know why that crafted robe has to sit so high on female characters. If it weren't for that, we could avoid that unnecessary clipping with the shoulders.

This week, I bring to you a cold weather outfit inspired by this lengthy bout with hot and humid weather. Nothing like a little virtual snow to bring some comfort!

My first attempt at a Gondorian/Swan Knight Soldier for my champ.

Second Marshal Hurth
    Skill and Valour
    Landroval

With this last update I was rather impressed with the appearances of the Nadhin armor sets, despite the fact I wanted new skins for the class armor (even so it is kind of interesting to see outfits posted on the forums to become in game armor sets) these new armor appearances provided the opportunity to bring back some old pieces of armor appearances to the wardrobe again (now to get the devs to bring back the old SoA weapon appearances /scheme). The look I was going for were a Swan Knight Captain and a Gondorian Archer (I'd say ranger but it doesn't seem earthy enough to be a ranger of ithilien).

*ps sorry about the bad quality I compressed the images to save time ^^;
    Last edited by CivitasAciesAld; Jul 27 2014 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtanion View Post
    My first attempt at a Gondorian/Swan Knight Soldier for my champ.

Oooo I like this one a lot! Can you list the pieces please?
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Oooo I like this one a lot! Can you list the pieces please?
    Going off Memory here so bear with me....

Heavy Nadhin Mask/Shoulders
    Battle Leaders Breastplate, Gauntlets, Boots (Captain BG set)
    Ward of the West Leggings (Guard OD)
    Swan Cloak

All dyed White obviously.
    Second Marshal Hurth
    Skill and Valour
    Landroval

Mithlond border guard

shoulders: Heavy nadhin shoulders, reward for volume 4 book 1 epics or barter in Dol Amroth

chest: Heavy nadhin armour, reward for volume 4 book 1 epics or barter in Dol Amroth

hands: Scout’s Weathered Leather Gloves, steel blue dye, dunland quest reward

feet: Heavy nadhin boots, barter in Dol Amroth

back: Windsinger cloak, steel blue dye, lotro store
    ~Wandering around Arda~ my Lotro blog :)

A quick outfit this week, revolving around a floral theme. It's suitable for any female character, but I designed this specifically for a hobbit.

For full details on the dyes and pieces used, follow this blog link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

This week's outfit, Secret Melody, is one I made in either late 2011 or early 2012. Being both classy and functional, this ensemble is great match for any light armored character.

For full details on the dyes and pieces used, follow this link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Head: dungeon-crawler's hood (umber)
    Shoulders: battle-leaders shoulders (umber)
    Body: Long-sleeved Elven dress (umber)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002ea3ec/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This week's outfit was inspired by the Great River zone. Though modeled on my hunter, it looks wonderful on any bow-wielding class.

For the full details on the dyes and pieces used, follow this link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

My minstrel is shocked and broke into tears

Someone is wearing her Green Widow (Hat of the Concerned Elf and tattered dress in green) outfit!

Well, not quite, but the similarity is striking.

See https://twitter.com/AyahsHope/status/505854516257107968

A compassionate Polymachos

Page 165 of 182 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 175 ... LastLast