We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 164 of 182 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 174 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 4528
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    Today's featured outfit is elven-inspired. Modeled on the shores of Lake Everswim...err, Evendim, I present a little something called "Blue Serenity."

For full details on the dyes and pieces used, follow this link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

Nice colors Nathrien and that dark blue really makes the other hues glow. One thought though- have you tried using cloak of the Mallorn (dyed ered luin blue) with this? The gilded leaf pattern and the white stripe of it could work ideally with this robe, I haven't done this combo but my mind's eye instinctively pictures it.

While I'm typing this post I'll also take a moment to say: I hope you don't retire your blog anytime soon, it is a pleasure to browse and the amount of creativity that may be had with a finite number of cosmetic pieces is truly limitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Nice colors Nathrien and that dark blue really makes the other hues glow. One thought though- have you tried using cloak of the Mallorn (dyed ered luin blue) with this? The gilded leaf pattern and the white stripe of it could work ideally with this robe, I haven't done this combo but my mind's eye instinctively pictures it.

While I'm typing this post I'll also take a moment to say: I hope you don't retire your blog anytime soon, it is a pleasure to browse and the amount of creativity that may be had with a finite number of cosmetic pieces is truly limitless.
    Thank you! To tell the truth, that was the first cloak that came to mind while piecing this outfit together. I had also used the Cloak of the Mallorn recently, so I didn't want to wear it out. However, I thought I'd take the challenging route and try to match that marvelous and slightly muted blue at the lower hem of the robe and give the entire outfit some color balance. It's a shame that blue only appears in elven gear!

And as for my blog, it's still going strong. Even though I'm several months away from coming to any decision regarding retirement, I have at least another dozen outfits lined up

If you're looking for an outfit with interesting pieces drawn from several sources, look no further! Dusk Walker, an outfit capturing the majesty of the early evening sky, brings together bartered, crafted, and landscape gear in a functional, yet elegant ensemble.

For full details on the pieces and dyes used, follow this blog link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

The three favourite dresses of my huntress Ananoriel. She usually wears them in her free time when she is visiting her favourite cities and towns.
    And the elf-dance2 emote is a perfect way to pose for outfit posts.

I've always been fascinated by the character of Eärwen, Swan-Maiden of Alqualondë. She's Galadriel's mother, Luthien's aunt, wife of Finarfin, king of the Noldor, and basically was closely related to pretty much every elf of any importance from the Time of the Trees up to the Fourth Age and beyond. She refused to join in the Exile of the Noldor, and I believe was a major reason why Finarfin turned around in repentance and regret after the Kinslaying. Using my RK as a model, here are a few depictions of Eärwen, during happier times, wandering along the twilit shores of Eldamar, before the Trees were destroyed. (The cosmetics are fairly basic and easy to obtain for the most part.)

Pictures 1-3 are fairly "casual" looks - my idea of Eärwen is basically the embodiment of a Telerin sea-elf, so I would think she'd prefer wearing shades of blue and white.
    Picture 1: Lissuin Dress (Spring festival) and Cloak of the Galadhrim, dyed Ered Luin blue
    Picture 2: Long-Sleeved Elven Dress (Rivendell rep), Cloak of the Northern Lights (store), and Ceremonial Hat of Deep Lore (skirmish cosmetic), all dyed navy.
    Picture 3: Exquisite Long-Sleeved Dress and Cloak of the Galadhrim, both dyed navy
    Picture 4: Something she might wear on royal ceremonial occasions. She's wearing the Cloak of the Dove (store) and the Ceremonial Shoulders of the Learned (skirmish cosmetic) dyed Ered Luin blue, Winged Circlet (skirmish cosmetic) dyed gold, and the Exquisite Elven Dress (Mirkwood rep), dye-washed.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

On a lighter note, here we have Wildelute, the slightly confused, level 7, oddball Dwarf minstrel. For some odd reason, he likes to dress like a 16th Century Conquistador.

Here he is showing off his awesome new dance moves to his buddies in Thorin's Hall tavern. They weren't really interested. Poor Wildelute was devastated that the other dwarves were not recognizing his brilliance, so he thought he'd instead drown his sorrows in a mug of the innkeper's best.

He's wearing the Dwarf-make Shirt and Trousers (Thorin's Hall outfitter), the Plumed Hat (lowbie quest reward), and a plain cloak, all dyed rust. Low level and questionable taste are no reason not to look your best at all times.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts

I found a Cloak of the Dove in a spring festival flower gift box ( ) and picked up a couple of other items from the token traders, so I gave two of my crafting alts new festival outfits.

Undyed dove cloak with purple Simbelmynë dress:

Turquoise dove cloak and Lissuin dress with undyed Simbelmynë circlet (somehow this outfit puts me in mind of Guinevere, not that she'd have sword & shield):
    Last edited by Arestelle; Jun 06 2014 at 02:30 PM.
    ELENDILMIR refugee on Ark || Arestelle . hunter . 100 .:. Muiriol . champ . 100 .:. Magrith . warden . 35 .:. Solina-1 . Beorning . 31 §§ Gwaewen .:. Calairiel .:. Aerynsol .:. Miraear

miraear's threads: a cosmetic history

Laurelindorenan

shoulders: Runemaker’s shoulders, yellow dye, classic skirmish barter

chest: Robe of the Seven Stars, skirmish cosmetic barter

hands: Gloves of the Seven Stars, skirmish cosmetic barter

feet: Reclaimed Nobleman’s Shoes, yellow dye, Great River quest reward

back: Spring Flinger cloak, washed, spring festival reward
    ~Wandering around Arda~ my Lotro blog :)

I love the colourscheme of the outfit a lot. It is gorgeous.

My effort from the weekend. I haven't got all the Westemnet tailor recipes yet and managed to add another to my repertoire: the Westemnet Assault Robe. After trying that on I was inspired. After trying it on with Burgundy dye, I was determined!

A solitary hobbit in the wilds near the Great River...

... the food leaves something to be considered...

... the loneliness can sometimes get to you...

... but at the end of the day, you know you're there for a reason. To protect others from those who would do them harm.

Gear details:
    Shoulders: Radiant Westernesse Shoulder Guards (Ranger Green dye), from Master tier tailoring (level 45 light armour).
    Cloak: Cloak of Covering (undyed/default), from Krankluk in the Forges of Khazad-dum (I don't usually like hooded cloaks but the colours in this one just worked. You may be able to find other cloaks with the same appearance, but that's the one I'm using).
    Chest: Westemnet Assault Robe (Burgundy dye), Westemnet tier tailoring (level 90 light armour).
    Shoes: Westemnet Assault Shoes (I used dye wash on these), as per the robe/chest piece.
    Gloves: Bowmaster's Gloves (Gold dye), Isengard/Ox Clan Camp hunter barter set.

Lovely! I think a cloak with that appearance also drops at lower levels in Garth Agarwen, no?

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rosheille View Post
    Cloak: Cloak of Covering (undyed/default), from Krankluk in the Forges of Khazad-dum (I don't usually like hooded cloaks but the colours in this one just worked. You may be able to find other cloaks with the same appearance, but that's the one I'm using).
    I too am usually against lotro's hooded cloaks, but it suits amazingly. Brilliantly done outfit!
    [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo][B][COLOR=#ff0000]!<3?![/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]Wargs Rule![/COLOR][/B][COLOR=red][B]!?<3! [/B][/COLOR][I][COLOR=#4169e1]But only because we have no playable feline races.[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][RIGHT][CENTER][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=plum]???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=plum][B][I][COLOR=magenta]*s6u!s*[/COLOR] [/I][/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR=plum]¡[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=plum]?w ?o[/COLOR][COLOR=indigo] [COLOR=red]?[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=plum]s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3[/COLOR][B][COLOR=red]?[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=lightblue][COLOR=magenta]Founder & Altoholic:[/COLOR] playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]*Jingle Jangle!*
    [U][COLOR=#ed2669]A "lifetime" of play on: [B]Elendilmir (RIP)[/B], Crick, Landy, & more. [/COLOR][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhloth View Post
    Lovely! I think a cloak with that appearance also drops at lower levels in Garth Agarwen, no?
    Possibly - I remember seeing that texture/appearance before, but I really can't remember whereabouts! (after a little research, I think it's Carchol, a cloak that drops from Naruhel (GA Fortress) which is not a hard solo fight when you're 40-odd levels higher than the instance, if you want to go get your own)

And thanks Griffy

I've been trying not to post my outfit videos too much in case people find them spammy. But I LOVE the outfit I made for today based on the Noldor elves. I think it might be because I'm just generally super in love with Steel Blue dye, but whatever :P

Hooded Cloak of the Mallorn - steel blue
    Ceremonial Shoulders of the Lady's Power - steel blue
    Figment of Dwimordene's Armour - white
    Gauntlets of the Hidden Paths - steel blue
    Beast-master Leggings - steel blue
    Boots of the Golden Wood - steel blue

Quote Originally Posted by Cithryth View Post
    I've been trying not to post my outfit videos too much in case people find them spammy. But I LOVE the outfit I made for today based on the Noldor elves. I think it might be because I'm just generally super in love with Steel Blue dye, but whatever :P

Hooded Cloak of the Mallorn - steel blue
    Ceremonial Shoulders of the Lady's Power - steel blue
    Figment of Dwimordene's Armour - white
    Gauntlets of the Hidden Paths - steel blue
    Beast-master Leggings - steel blue
    Boots of the Golden Wood - steel blue
    LOVE this color contrast!! I'm gonna reproduce the outfit on my runekeeper, it will fit her wonderfully

The bow the protagonist here!

shoulders: Shield-master’s Shoulders, white dye, classic skirmish barter

chest: Mincham, grey dye, random drop in Carn Dum and Urugarth, or auction

gloves: Footman’s gloves, white dye, tier 6 medium crafted

legs: Ceremonial Leggings of the Shining Blade, gold dye, Lalia market

feet: Footman’s boots, white dye, tier 6 medium crafted

back: Cloak of the dove, lotro store

bow: LI, level 54 Second Age, random drop, check AH

I've been easing up on the forums the past few weeks, trying not to spam them with new outfits. However, the weekly posts on my blog have still been happening. This week, my outfit has no particular title. It's a more personal outfit than usual. If you had asked me four years ago when I created my champion, I wouldn't have believed we'd make it to the Westemnet, much less Aldburg. My champion is from Aldburg...and she's finally made it home.

For the full story, pieces used and dyes used, please follow this link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

I took advantage of the sale to finally get a little bit of wardrobe space I can use (was running on whatever I'd put in the 1st 20 slots when I was vip many levels back), and my guardian got a makeover. Wanted to keep her in some whites, so again I'm using this chest armour, because my others mostly dye grayish for white. I usually keep her helmetless, but if I decide to put a helm on this outfit, it's Ion's Helmet. Love that one.

Side note: we finally have a dye that can work reasonably well with the mathom-hunter gear's color! Haven't had a chance to use it before as I can't yet get the bluebell field recipe and hardly any of the dye has even shown up on E's AH, and that for no less than 1g a pop when I saw it.

Head: none or Ión's Helmet, steel blue (Moria quest reward)
    Shoulders: Mathom-Hunter's Shoulderpads, undyed (Hobbit present - medium armour)
    Back: (Dextrous) Cloak of the Mark, undyed (T8 crafted)
    Chest: Manatham, washed (epic quest reward)*
    Hands: Rider's Studded Gauntlets, washed (Gap of Rohan/Nan Curunir quest reward)
    Legs: Hill-man's Cracked Leather Leggings, steel blue (Dunland quest reward)
    Feet: Woodsman's Supple Boots, undyed (Dunland/Gap of Rohan quest reward)

* same appearance as L42 medium crafted Elven Campaigner’s Armour
    ELENDILMIR refugee on Ark || Arestelle . hunter . 100 .:. Muiriol . champ . 100 .:. Magrith . warden . 35 .:. Solina-1 . Beorning . 31 §§ Gwaewen .:. Calairiel .:. Aerynsol .:. Miraear

I get constantly message from my Firefox 30 that the scripts

https://s.ytimg.com/yts/jsbin/www-em...flOzGQRZ.js:97
    https://s.ytimg.com/yts/jsbin/www-em...flOzGQRZ.js:25
    https://s.ytimg.com/yts/jsbin/www-em...flOzGQRZ.js:33

stopped working. I choose to stop the processing, but all that happens is that the next message turns up. Each line twice. What is that, the video site?

Greetings, Polymachos

Anyone know the name of that shoulder guard? I have been looking for it for awhile with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmanpower View Post
    Anyone know the name of that shoulder guard? I have been looking for it for awhile with no luck.
    Looks like one of the Dunland shoulder guards, available by different names from different quests. Check the Warden at the bottom of this page.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmanpower View Post
    It's a medium armour shoulder piece which can be found at least under the names Scout’s Weathered Leather Shoulder-guards and Dolen-palvais, as quest reward in Dunland. I'm also pretty sure a cosmetic version of it has been offered via the mannequins...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    I've been easing up on the forums the past few weeks, trying not to spam them with new outfits. However, the weekly posts on my blog have still been happening. This week, my outfit has no particular title. It's a more personal outfit than usual. If you had asked me four years ago when I created my champion, I wouldn't have believed we'd make it to the Westemnet, much less Aldburg. My champion is from Aldburg...and she's finally made it home.

For the full story, pieces used and dyes used, please follow this link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

Great outfit! Makes me want to use it myself :P

So I was inspired to make a new set with something that included a piece of Helms Deep armor and this came about:

I loved how the white dye of the Helms Deep crafted heavy armor only affected the actual chest and not the arms, allowing the arms to remain the base color and accentuate the shoulders.

Head: Lesser arrow of the west helmet
    Shoulders: Shoulders of the Erebor Spear
    Back: Cloak of the Erebor Hunter
    Chest: Stalwart War Armour of the Deep
    Hands: Gloves of the Erebor Knife
    Feet: Boots of the Erebor Spear
    Brandywine: Competence-1 r13 Guardian, Obverse r8 Rune-Keeper, Bregendil r5 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Supergrunt8 View Post
    Great outfit! Makes me want to use it myself :P
    Thank you for the kind words

Page 164 of 182 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 174 ... LastLast