We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 162 of 183 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 172 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 4568
    That's super-helpful, thanks so much Eryniell! My main is a champ so I can head out to Mirkwood for those shoulders
    Iolanthea and Theodoret live at 1 Fountain Street, Havenhold, Breeland, Snowbourn.
    Diodore, Goldfinch and Milburra live at 3 Wending Way, Alebrook, The Shire.
    "You fall and cleave your skull. You have mastered 39% of this adventure".....oh

2. Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

'Legendary' Items - Tips, Tricks, and a Guide to the 'Grind' - a Legendary Items guide! (And a new Imbuing guide! and Essence guide!)

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine: Curing insomnia, one reader at a time, and a proud resident of The Cottage of Pen and Play

3. Quote Originally Posted by Eryniell View Post
    Oh poo. Well I can add these to the much-longer list of cosmetics-that-Eryniell-wants-at-an-outrageous-price-that-she-is-too-broke-to-afford! But I cannot stress enough how beautiful and elegant this is. The shoulders in particular are really unique! Now I am going to be skirmishing my poor main Eryniell so much her fingers will drop off from shooting her bow too much Thanks Valkrist!
    You are so welcome, and thank you again Keep opening those hobbit presents, as you can sometimes get Marks from those!

If you happen to be on Landroval, maybe there is a way I can help you get them more quickly. If so, please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthea View Post
    Which shoulders are these please? I love them!
    Also, that mid-sky-blue tunic your char is wearing above - where is that from please (and did you dye it?)

Love your wonderful creative outfits, thanks for sharing them
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryniell View Post
    I actually can take this, I asked Valkrist the same thing! The shoulders are the Shoulders of the Deathstorm dyed Rivendell Green, available for barter in Mirkwood from a champion trainer. I think a ceremonial version is available at the Classics skirmish vendor as well. The light blue tunic, I believe you mean the one with the gold embroidery and leather sleeves? That is the Jacket of the Unseen, available at Glan Vraig in the Ettenmoors. However, it is currently at Lalia's Market, so get it if you are lower level! I don't think it is dyed, but check the dressing room to make sure. Hope this helps
    Thank you so much, Iolanthea! Eryniell is correct about the shoulders and the Jacket of the Unseen. The one I bartered for from the Burglar vendor in the Ettenmoors was dyed Red as the default. In my rendering, it is dyed Sea Blue, though it looks very nice in many different colors. Try them all and see

So many wonderful outfits presented here. Keep them coming!

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

'Legendary' Items - Tips, Tricks, and a Guide to the 'Grind' - a Legendary Items guide! (And a new Imbuing guide! and Essence guide!)

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine: Curing insomnia, one reader at a time, and a proud resident of The Cottage of Pen and Play

Long-sleeved Elven Dress (Rivendell Rep), dyed walnut brown.
    Snowy Hoodless Cloak (Yule Festival).
    Turquoise Summer Circlet (Summer Festival).

Quote Originally Posted by Toramarthen View Post

Long-sleeved Elven Dress (Rivendell Rep), dyed walnut brown.
    Snowy Hoodless Cloak (Yule Festival).
    Turquoise Summer Circlet (Summer Festival).
    Very nice

Playing with the Dunland gear some more, changed a couple pieces & the dyes to make it look a little more hunterly. Also playing with screenshot styles.

Everything but the chest piece (Campaigner's Armour, crafted) is a Dunland quest reward.
    Hood, gloves, and boots dyed umber; shoulders grey; shirt & legs ranger green.
    ELENDILMIR refugee on Ark || Arestelle . hunter . 100 .:. Muiriol . champ . 100 .:. Magrith . warden . 35 .:. Solina-1 . Beorning . 31 §§ Gwaewen .:. Calairiel .:. Aerynsol .:. Miraear

miraear's threads: a cosmetic history

I recently re-discovered that outfit I made some time ago to match my Steed of the Duskwatch, and I love it.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Just wanted to drop a note here. Have been following your site for a lil while now, and you have been a great inspiration to a cosmetic nut like me. I will be one sad panda if your site will not be continuing. Thank you for all of your hard work, and best of luck to you! Oh and this outfit looks awesome!

(Secretly hoping you'll find a way to keep the site going)
    It appears I'll be postponing the retirement of my blog, so I won't be going anywhere for the immediate future. I posted a bit of related info on my blog Thursday evening, which you can find here if you're interested.

This week, I'm bringing more of the Erebor raid armor to the table and combining it with cosmetics acquired from Lalia's Market. This red and gold outfit is best suited for any defender of Middle-earth.

For full details on the dyes and pieces used, follow this link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Cithryth View Post
    Let me know what you think! And if you've got a challenge for me I'm up to it - give me a theme, place or specific piece of armour to work with and I'll do it!
    Great video Cithryth, love the outfit. I am glad that you are continuing the YouTube videos, I liked the first one very much. I do have a challenge for you, and while I have my own idea, I would love to see what a professional such as yourself would do. Could you design a cool outfit using the Leggings of the Shadow-Walker (level 65 Barad Guldur burglar armour at Classics skirmish vendor) in their default or black dye? My model is a female elf hunter. I thought of using the leggings in black with the Jacket of the Shade-Finder in grey, the Tawarwaith Hat in grey, and the Tawarwaith light shoulders, Golden Host gloves, and Golden Host boots in walnut brown. What do you think? I would love another outfit idea using the leggings.
    Last edited by Eryniell; Mar 31 2014 at 08:32 PM.
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

Great video Cithryth, love the outfit. I am glad that you are continuing the YouTube videos, I liked the first one very much. I do have a challenge for you, and while I have my own idea, I would love to see what a professional such as yourself would do. Could you design a cool outfit using the Leggings of the Shadow-Walker (level 65 Barad Guldur burglar armour at Classics skirmish vendor) in their default or black dye? My model is a female elf hunter. I thought of using the leggings in black with the Jacket of the Shade-Finder in grey, the Tawarwaith Hat in grey, and the Tawarwaith light shoulders, Golden Host gloves, and Golden Host boots in walnut brown. What do you think? I would love another outfit idea using the leggings.
    Thanks! Glad you are liking the videos so far

Challenge accepted! I like the sound of the outfit you put together! It definitely is very "elven hunter". I'll work on doing a different take with those Leggings of the Shadow-walker for next week.

This is Arodred my level 29 hunter, I just started messing around with cosmetics not long ago, started this guy to get through the game again and collect stuff to have more options, and my 95 champ Sendred that i think looks silly because it was my first attempt at making an outfit so everything is from the skirmish camp =-P

12. Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

Said my farewells to the Grey Company in eastern Dunland; I've been looking forward to their cosmetic pieces for a long while. And the shoulders I used originally with this outfit have clipping issues something awful on the back, so since I don't want to use a cloak to hide that, I swapped in a few of my new pieces, dyed umber (& love that I can, now that I have a hood that dyes all over instead of staying mostly grey). Now I just need some gauntlets with a throwing knife tucked in.

ELENDILMIR refugee on Ark || Arestelle . hunter . 100 .:. Muiriol . champ . 100 .:. Magrith . warden . 35 .:. Solina-1 . Beorning . 31 §§ Gwaewen .:. Calairiel .:. Aerynsol .:. Miraear

Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    It appears I'll be postponing the retirement of my blog, so I won't be going anywhere for the immediate future. I posted a bit of related info on my blog Thursday evening, which you can find here if you're interested.

This week, I'm bringing more of the Erebor raid armor to the table and combining it with cosmetics acquired from Lalia's Market. This red and gold outfit is best suited for any defender of Middle-earth.

For full details on the dyes and pieces used, follow this link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

One of the most unique and beautiful outfits to ever grace this forum and game, not even joking.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000005badd/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

A kinmate picked up a Carn Dum chest piece on her latest run, so I thought I'd try to make an outfit around it. Came out better than I thought on my guardian.

Head: Flared Metal Helm (Ered Luin Blue, Thorin's Hall Heavy Armoursmith)
    Shoulders: Dwarf-Steel Shoulder Pads(Ered Luin Blue, AughaireHeavy Armoursmith)
    Back: Dunland Caretaker's Cloak(Ered Luin Blue, Dunlandquest reward)
    Chest: Carn Dum Breastplate(Ered Luin Blue, Carn Dum drop)
    Hands: Dwarf-Make Warrior's gloves(default Rust, Tier 5crafted heavy armour)
    Legs: Dwarf-makewarrior's leggings(Ered Luin Blue, Tier 5 crafted heavy armour)
    Feet: Dwarf-steel boots(Ered Luin Blue, Aughaire HeavyArmoursmith)
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

While my hunter has finally started to wear gear that might occasionally blend in to the landscape a bit, my champion has, ah, not.
    (I love how the gauntlets have that little orange accent.)

eta: nevermind, that orange patch is a clipping bug on the gloves. so. that's too bad. I swapped them for a pair that still has clipping, but not as bad (what's the deal? it doesn't *look* like that thick a shirt...). Obviously, I also swapped the helm - just found this one at a skirm camp & it feels appropriate for moving on from Dunlending towns to deal with Rohirrim.

Last edited by Arestelle; Apr 08 2014 at 02:35 AM.

Okay, finally got around to recording this outfit (though I've had it planned out for about a week now - had to get over a cold/sore-throat before I could speak!). Here's the video with the leggings you wanted to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Cithryth View Post
    Okay, finally got around to recording this outfit (though I've had it planned out for about a week now - had to get over a cold/sore-throat before I could speak!). Here's the video with the leggings you wanted to see!
    Sorry you got sick Cithryth, out of all symptoms there are in the world, sore throat is probably the worst. Glad you are feeling better though. As for the outfit...

OMG TOTALLY FREAKING AMAZING!!! It looks SO sleek and elven and boss. I was planning to buy the Doom-Hunter's Helm anyways, and those shoulders really top the cake. What made me laugh was that I came across the Thrill-Seeker's Jacket and was seriously considering it for the leggings. It looked at bit top-heavy, so I moved on. Yours does not appear that way at all, I think the shoulders balanced it out, and the helm and bracers and. . . thank you so much!! This is awesome! Must grind skrims now.

On a side note, I have never heard my name pronounced that way lol. I always thought of it as Ee-ren-ee-el. But Ee-rhine-ee-el, that's pretty cool, I may have to look at it a whole new way now. . . Thanks again!
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

On a side note, I have never heard my name pronounced that way lol. I always thought of it as Ee-ren-ee-el. But Ee-rhine-ee-el, that's pretty cool, I may have to look at it a whole new way now. . .
    Huh, and in my mind's ear it sounds like Air-in-ee-el. (the word "air", I mean) Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Arestelle View Post
    Huh, and in my mind's ear it sounds like Air-in-ee-el. (the word "air", I mean) Go figure
    Never thought of it that way. Eryn- refers to the Elvish word woods, as in Eryn Lasgalen, the old name for Greenwood. -iel refers to daughter, hence "daughter of the woods". I added the extra -l because it looked cool and someone else on my server had Eryniel. But I liked the two-l version better.
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

Sorry you got sick Cithryth, out of all symptoms there are in the world, sore throat is probably the worst. Glad you are feeling better though. As for the outfit...

OMG TOTALLY FREAKING AMAZING!!! It looks SO sleek and elven and boss. I was planning to buy the Doom-Hunter's Helm anyways, and those shoulders really top the cake. What made me laugh was that I came across the Thrill-Seeker's Jacket and was seriously considering it for the leggings. It looked at bit top-heavy, so I moved on. Yours does not appear that way at all, I think the shoulders balanced it out, and the helm and bracers and. . . thank you so much!! This is awesome! Must grind skrims now.

On a side note, I have never heard my name pronounced that way lol. I always thought of it as Ee-ren-ee-el. But Ee-rhine-ee-el, that's pretty cool, I may have to look at it a whole new way now. . . Thanks again!
    Yay I'm so glad you liked it! I feel like that Doom-hunter's helm is under utilized. It just looks SO cool and sleek. I think the swooping lines of the helm go really well with the shoulders of that outfit and help to balance it out.

As someone whose name gets mispronounced 8/10 times I was so worried about how to pronounce your name! It's always so hard to tell if Ys are pronounced the same as Is. Sorry!

It's about time the region I live in has moved out of the snowy season. The weather's finally warm and the sun is shining! This week I've made another entry in my Spring Series and I call this particular outfit "Floral Queen."

For full details on the pieces and dyes used, follow this blog link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....ral-queen.html

This week's outfit has been inspired by the Elven cosmetics from the Moria and Lothlorien era. Suitable for any Elf or Elf-friend, I present the Woodland Sentinel.

For full details on the dyes and pieces used, follow this blog link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

I really like the Cloak of the Fifth Spring (shame it can't be dyed), and had extra anniversary tokens to spend, so I played around a bit till I found a combo I like. I've also been wanting to use the Isengard prisoner shirt - like the design aside from the white hand stamped on the back. Nice of them to put it where a cloak can hide it! ...Clearly I'm still stuck on Dunland rewards. So much goodness there.

If I take the cloak off, I've put a Mask of Rhun on underneath (wouldn't it be nice if masks could show even with a hooded cloak?).

eta: I tweak. Lots. Made new boots after I hit L80, and I like the straps on them - think they complement the bands on the gauntlets, and the top/inner part seems to match (nearly, at least) the lighter color on the cloak.

Last edited by Arestelle; Apr 21 2014 at 01:47 AM.

I've been wanting to put purple to good effect with my champion, and I love the dragon-scale breastplate (picked up from a skirm camp). It reminds me of how some seriously venomous creatures use bright & clashing color as a warning to would-be predators. Oddly enough, I put it together just before getting quests to poison The Cook and some warg pups in Nan Curunir.

Page 162 of 183 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 172 ... LastLast