We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 161 of 187 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 4652
    The two favourite outfits of my lore-master Melilraen:

She is wearing:
    - Ceremonial Circlet of the Seven Stars, dyed black
    - Elegant Formal Dress, dyed black
    - Torahammas' Cloak, dyed grey

And here she wears:
    - Ceremonial Circlet of the Graven Word, dyed burgundy
    - Resilient Westfold Combat Pauldrons, dyed burgundy
    - Spider-Silk Cloak, dyed burgundy
    - Robe of Viisaus, dyed burgundy
    - Glossy Leather Boots, dyed umber.
    [center][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rv9Q24t.jpg[/IMG]
    [b][url='http://ananorielmiddleearth.tumblr.com/']Ananoriel's Middle Earth[/b][/url] - My LOTRO blog on Tumblr.[/center]

I have a new character, Miraear - a minstrel who is less bard and more wardrobe for the other characters. :P But if she has to store everyone's threads in her vault, who can blame her for trying some of them on?

Side-note: I had LotRO uninstalled for awhile and picked the high-res download when I reinstalled. Holy sharpness, Batman - I'm seeing textures I didn't even know were there!

Chest: Manatham, washed (epic quest reward; looks like Elven Campaigner's Armour [crafted] - don't know if they dye the same)
    Shoulders: Ceremonial Shoulders of the Mighty Verse, washed (Lalia's Market)
    Hands: Fingerless Gloves, washed (Yule Festival)
    Legs: Grodbog Leggings, undyed (quest reward in Moria) [eta: these look just like the Master (L42-50) heavy crafted elven leggings, washed]
    Feet: Gardening Boots, burgundy (Farmers' Faire)

[while I'm editing anyway, I added a flower circlet in a vain attempt to hint at Spring that it's time to wake up...]
    Last edited by Arestelle; Mar 19 2014 at 02:11 AM.
    § Elendilmir refugee on Ark §

§ Aerynsol . 27 | Arestelle . 105 | Calairiel . 41 | Gwaewen . 40 | Iadessea . 10 | Magrith . 36 | Melaidhrin . 20 | Miraear . 26 | Muiriol . 105 | Nephra . 10 | Solina-1 . 31 §

§ miraear's threads: a cosmetic history §

3. Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

'Legendary' Items - Tips, Tricks, and a Guide to the 'Grind' - a Legendary Items guide! (And a new Imbuing guide! and Essence guide!)

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine: Curing insomnia, one reader at a time, and a proud resident of The Cottage of Pen and Play

4. Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

'Legendary' Items - Tips, Tricks, and a Guide to the 'Grind' - a Legendary Items guide! (And a new Imbuing guide! and Essence guide!)

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine: Curing insomnia, one reader at a time, and a proud resident of The Cottage of Pen and Play

Battle outfit for my warden Igdrassile. I wanted him to wear something similar to Haldir's armor, like it was in the movie.

You can see another version of Haldir's outfit here: http://lotrofashion.blogspot.ru/2012...thoargile.html
    Last edited by Thoargile; Mar 21 2014 at 05:57 AM.

How about a nod to simplicity? My Tinker, who's an elf & a hunter, wears this basic get-up made of low-level gear and generally looks way more like a hunter than the hunter who actually leaves town. :P

Shoulders: Superb Leather Shoulder Guards, undyed
    Chest: Bear Hide Shirt, umber
    Hands: Exquisite Leather Gloves, undyed
    Legs: Elven Outrider’s Leggings, rust
    Feet: Elven Leather Boots, olive

The Bear Hide Shirt is from a quest based on a drop in the Trollshaws; until I got this, she wore the sleeveless version that came as starter gear. The boots came from a vendor in the intro area, and the rest is level 20-something tailored pieces, so it's all available really early on. I like how she blends in with her steed -

I add a Flared Metal Helm, olive, on the rare occasions she actually goes questing. (intro quest reward, iirc)

§ Aerynsol . 27 | Arestelle . 105 | Calairiel . 41 | Gwaewen . 40 | Iadessea . 10 | Magrith . 36 | Melaidhrin . 20 | Miraear . 26 | Muiriol . 105 | Nephra . 10 | Solina-1 . 31 §

This week, I've decided to put the walnut brown dye to use, as well as some of the Westemnet tier landscape recipes, in order to create an unconventional version of a Westfold Scout.

For full details on the dyes and pieces used, follow this blog link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

8. Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrist View Post

Ooh very nice, you look like you're wearing dragonscale of some kind....
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Swan theme

head: Winged circlet, barter at skirmish camp cosmetic vendor

shoulders: Lesser Voice of the West shoulders, evendim blue dye, barter in Harndirion (Enedwaith)

chest: Ward of the West breastplate, evendim blue dye, barter in Harndirion (Enedwaith)

gloves: Assault gloves of the Deep, evendim blue dye, level 95 crafted tier 9

legs: Ward of the West leggings, evendim blue dye, barter in Harndirion (Enedwaith)

feet: Berseker’s boots, evendim blue dye, champion class barter in Ost Galadh

back: Swan cloak, evendim blue dye, lotro store

Wandering Around Arda
    my Lotro blog :)

Everyone has the OD armor everywhere now. I'm kind of sad it's been made so available.

My current Springy Outfit

First sorry about the poor image quality. For some reason the Facebook version of my recent screenshots are a lot worse than the originals.
    Helm: Winged Circlet-dyed navy
    Shoulders: Shoulder of the Grand Mountains (RoR instance drop)
    Chest: Westemnet Robe of Tactics (level 90 crafted item)-dyed navy
    Back: Cloak of the Dove (LotRO store)- dyed navy
    Hands: Explorer Gloves (level 56 crafted item)- dyed violet
    Feet: Wildermore Boots of Balance (level 85 crafted item)- dyed violet

Ceremonial Stone-reader's Hat (white) - Lalia's/Lore-master Vile Maw reward
    Westemnet Campaign Robe of Balance (grey) - Crafted
    Reinforced Leather Dunlending Shoulder Guards (white) - Quest reward for Scattered Delivery, Starkmoor in Dunland
    Lesser Secret of the West Gauntlets (white) - Lalia's/Burglar guantlets, Novice Harndirion Quartermaster
    Reclaimed Nobleman's Shoes (white) - Quest reward for Constables and Robbers in Aculf's camp, Great River
    Plain Cloak (grey) - Outfitter's

14. Quote Originally Posted by Galadhloth View Post
    Ooh very nice, you look like you're wearing dragonscale of some kind....
    Thank you so much! That one turned out really well, I think.

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

A hint of light green for a tentative start to spring:

...which looked all wrong in Dunland, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Peresbert View Post
    For some reason the Facebook version of my recent screenshots are a lot worse than the originals.
    Yeah, I learned this when uploading a photo there that I was proud of, and in my post there it looked horrible. FB compresses images - badly - and I think it also converts them to jpeg. Should do a little better if you select the high-quality tickbox than if not, but still images pretty much always look worse for what FB does to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arestelle View Post
    Yeah, I learned this when uploading a photo there that I was proud of, and in my post there it looked horrible. FB compresses images - badly - and I think it also converts them to jpeg. Should do a little better if you select the high-quality tickbox than if not, but still images pretty much always look worse for what FB does to them.
    Many of them that I have posted into kin albums on there were never too bad, with or without high quality. You can't even tell I took the last set of photos in Ultra High DX 11. It looked amazingly beautiful in-game, and the screenshot, but horrible on Facebook.

1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    This is EPIC!!!!!! I love it, could I have the names of the pieces please? This is going on my main ASAP. Great job!!!!
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

Thought I might aswell share my favourite outfits too.

This one is the shimmering set also displayed at monthly mannequins at the moment. Info of pieces are here: http://cosmeticlotro.wordpress.com/2...28/shimmering/

Won't take credit of it since I've copied it from cosmetic lotro last year or so

And same set with matching war-steed:

And one of my own creations.

And another with matching war-steed:

Pieces of 2nd outfit:
    Head: Ceremonial Hat of the written word
    Shoulders: Shoulders of the Deathstorm
    Back: Cloak of the Windsinger
    Chest: Jacket of the Shadow-walker
    Hands: Gauntlets of the Shadow-walker
    Legs: Leggins of the Shadow-walker
    Boots: Boots of the Shadow-walker
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000c65a1/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

20. Quote Originally Posted by Eryniell View Post
    This is EPIC!!!!!! I love it, could I have the names of the pieces please? This is going on my main ASAP. Great job!!!!
    Oh, thank you so much!

Here are the pieces (all dyed Rivendell Green):

Shoulders: Shoulders of the Deathstorm (From the Classic Skirmish Vendor - Level 65 Heavy- 455 Marks, 156 Medallions)
    Cloak: Ceremonial Wig-feld (I found mine in a lootbox. It can be found from Thaurlach in the Rift, or on the auction hall, hopefully!)
    Chestpiece: Lesser Blade of the West Breastplate: (From a Novice Quartermaster in Harndirion in the Enedwaith - Tier 1 Difficulty Champion - 355 Marks, 129 Medallions)
    Gloves: Ashpar's Demise (Quest reward, but the same appearance can likely be found on other items as well, and the gloves can be changed to taste)
    Leggings: Lesser Defender of the West Leggings: (From a Novice Quartermaster in Harndirion in the Enedwaith - Tier 1 Difficulty Warden - 355 Marks, 129 Medallions)
    Boots: Disused Boots of the Dunlending Soothsayer (Quest reward from many Dunland quests. Unfortunately, that is the only place that style can be found, save for Lalia's maybe. Boots can be changed to taste as well, of course!)

Hopefully, all of these can be easily obtained for you!

And thank you again for the kind words!
    Last edited by Valkrist; Mar 26 2014 at 08:35 PM.

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

Hey everyone I haven't posted in this thread in ages!

The idea of showing off cosmetics in video seemed well received so I have started a little YouTube series where I make and show case outfits. Here is the first one:

Let me know what you think! And if you've got a challenge for me I'm up to it - give me a theme, place or specific piece of armour to work with and I'll do it!

Here are the pieces (all dyed Rivendell Green):

Shoulders: Shoulders of the Deathstorm (From the Classic Skirmish l - Level 65 Heavy- 455 Marks, 156 Medallions)
    Cloak: Ceremonial Wig-feld (I found mine in a lootbox. It can be found from Thaurlach in the Rift, or on the auction hall, hopefully!)
    Chestpiece: Lesser Blade of the West Breastplate: (From a Novice Quartermaster in Harndirion in the Enedwaith - Tier 1 Difficulty Champion - 355 Marks, 129 Medallions)
    Gloves: Ashpar's Demise (Quest reward, but the same appearance can likely be found on other items as well, and the gloves can be changed to taste)
    Leggings: Lesser Defender of the West Leggings: (From a Novice Quartermaster in Harndirion in the Enedwaith - Tier 1 Difficulty Warden - 355 Marks, 129 Medallions)
    Boots: Disused Boots of the Dunlending Soothsayer (Quest reward from many Dunland quests. Unfortunately, that is the only place that style can be found, save for Lalia's maybe. Boots can be changed to taste as well, of course!)

Hopefully, all of these can be easily obtained for you!
    Oh poo. Well I can add these to the much-longer list of cosmetics-that-Eryniell-wants-at-an-outrageous-price-that-she-is-too-broke-to-afford! But I cannot stress enough how beautiful and elegant this is. The shoulders in particular are really unique! Now I am going to be skirmishing my poor main Eryniell so much her fingers will drop off from shooting her bow too much Thanks Valkrist!
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    As some of you may have read recently, I plan on shutting down my cosmetic blog when early May rolls around. I've been working on my final string of outfits the past two weeks and do have some wonderful surprises in store. Anyway, this week I'm bringing some of the Erebor armor pieces back to the spotlight. Too many of those pieces have gone unloved as they're undyeable and most pieces are visually unpleasant in their default colors.

For full details on the pieces and dyes used, follow this link http://materialmiddleearth.blogspot....f-gladden.html

Thank you for your support these past two years!

Just wanted to drop a note here. Have been following your site for a lil while now, and you have been a great inspiration to a cosmetic nut like me. I will be one sad panda if your site will not be continuing. Thank you for all of your hard work, and best of luck to you! Oh and this outfit looks awesome!

(Secretly hoping you'll find a way to keep the site going)
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Which shoulders are these please? I love them!
    Also, that mid-sky-blue tunic your char is wearing above - where is that from please (and did you dye it?)

Love your wonderful creative outfits, thanks for sharing them
    Iolanthea and Theodoret live at 1 Fountain Street, Havenhold, Breeland, Snowbourn.
    Diodore, Goldfinch and Milburra live at 3 Wending Way, Alebrook, The Shire.
    "You fall and cleave your skull. You have mastered 39% of this adventure".....oh

Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthea View Post
    Which shoulders are these please? I love them!
    Also, that mid-sky-blue tunic your char is wearing above - where is that from please (and did you dye it?)

Love your wonderful creative outfits, thanks for sharing them
    I actually can take this, I asked Valkrist the same thing! The shoulders are the Shoulders of the Deathstorm dyed Rivendell Green, available for barter in Mirkwood from a champion trainer. I think a ceremonial version is available at the Classics skirmish vendor as well. The light blue tunic, I believe you mean the one with the gold embroidery and leather sleeves? That is the Jacket of the Unseen, available at Glan Vraig in the Ettenmoors. However, it is currently at Lalia's Market, so get it if you are lower level! I don't think it is dyed, but check the dressing room to make sure. Hope this helps
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

Page 161 of 187 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 171 ... LastLast