We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 137 of 179 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4452
  1. #3401
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    72
    Aww thanks guys... this post is a great place to share ideas!

    My inspiration for "Warrior of the North" actually came from these loremaster shoulders of all things. Take a look at my hobbit, without shoulders, then with the shoudlers:



    Here the dye is purple (the default), and so I had to think of something to do with the big navy blue "trim" that was a permanent fixture. Tried some different things, and just thought the navy/ranger green combo worked pretty well.

    Here is the whole "Warrior of the North" outfit:

    Head: Helm of the Graduate, Washed
    Shoulders: Pauldrons of the learned master, Ranger Green dye
    Chest: Scout’s weathered leather Jacket, Navy dye
    Hands: Enduring gauntlets of rallying, Ranger Green dye
    Feet: Fine grey company boots, Ranger Green dye
    Back: Cloak of the Grey Company, Navy Dye

  2. #3402
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sarasota, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post
    Here's my latest; finally figured out what to use the bare-chest 'cosmetic' for!

    Um, what's up with your mouth? It looks like you have a long wolf-like snout full of sharp teeth.
    [CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]<< Co-founder of [I][U][SIZE="4"]The Firebrands of Caruja[/SIZE][/U][/I] on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  3. #3403
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Memory of Laurelin
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    Um, what's up with your mouth? It looks like you have a long wolf-like snout full of sharp teeth.
    That's because the Dwarf's wearing the Visage of the Bear, a headpiece from the Store.
    For more pics of the outfit, and all the pieces used, go here.

  4. #3404
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacarion View Post
    -Gondorian Knight:



    -Gondorian King:

    Can anyone plz tell me what leggings the king has?

  5. #3405
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post
    It looks to me like the Tunic and Trousers from the Farmer's Faire, dyed red/crimson.
    It is indeed. Dyed Burgundy

  6. #3406
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwisshark111 View Post
    Can anyone plz tell me what leggings the king has?
    It looks like the Lvl 88 Etenmoors Captain legs. Here's my Captain in the Armour of Loyalty set:



    All of the pieces are dyed black.

  7. #3407
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylean View Post
    It looks like the Lvl 88 Etenmoors Captain legs. Here's my Captain in the Armour of Loyalty set:



    All of the pieces are dyed black.
    W00t, you can get lvl 88???

  8. #3408
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylean View Post
    It looks like the Lvl 88 Etenmoors Captain legs. Here's my Captain in the Armour of Loyalty set:



    All of the pieces are dyed black.
    I love looks like this!

  9. #3409
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post
    It looks to me like the Tunic and Trousers from the Farmer's Faire, dyed red/crimson.

    Luinomiel: Never seen that cap paired off with anything as well as you've done here. Is that the Wash-day Dress?
    Thank you and yes its the washday dress.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002ea3ec/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  10. #3410
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Under the Greenwood trees
    Posts
    83
    My minstrel Lavendah

    Threadbare hat of the Dunland Healer (Dunland quest reward- violet)
    Festive Azure Cloak (Anniversary gift- violet)
    Cel-Crus (purchased from AH, drops from ROI instances)
    Leather Bracers of the Learned Stag (Dunland quest reward- violet)
    Leather Leggings of the Stoic Stag (Dunland quest reward- violet)
    (my main also sports a similar outfit at music events, in olive though)

    She's also a farmer and cook

    Wide-brimmed Spring Hat (Spring festival barter item- violet)
    Day-pack (outfitter- dark green)
    Common long-sleeved tunic and trousers (outfitter- violet)

    Summerdays Hat (Summer festival barter item- purple)
    Harvestbrew short-sleeved Tunic and Trousers (Autumn festival barter item- purple)
    Lasswen -Elendilmir Hunter
    ~The wind is full of a thousand voices~
    No Whole Bard

  11. #3411
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwisshark111 View Post
    W00t, you can get lvl 88???
    This was really weird. Pre-ROR, we (at level 75) had two choices for buying Ettenmoors gear: 7,500 commendations for a "level 88" breastplate or 5,500 comms for a "level 75" breastplate. Similar choices for all the other pieces in the set. Now in RoR, at level 85, we have two choices of gear: Level 88 gear (breastplate 5,500 comms) and level 97 gear (6,750 comms PLUS the level 88 breastplate). Same system goes for the other pieces.

    I've never known LOTRO to keep track (or share) "item levels" like WoW does. That whole system was pretty controversial, and personally I am happy to be rid of it here in LOTRO. But for the Moors gear, it is what it is.

  12. #3412
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Avmists View Post
    My minstrel Lavendah

    Threadbare hat of the Dunland Healer (Dunland quest reward- violet)
    Festive Azure Cloak (Anniversary gift- violet)
    Cel-Crus (purchased from AH, drops from ROI instances)
    Leather Bracers of the Learned Stag (Dunland quest reward- violet)
    Leather Leggings of the Stoic Stag (Dunland quest reward- violet)
    (my main also sports a similar outfit at music events, in olive though)

    She's also a farmer and cook

    Wide-brimmed Spring Hat (Spring festival barter item- violet)
    Day-pack (outfitter- dark green)
    Common long-sleeved tunic and trousers (outfitter- violet)

    Summerdays Hat (Summer festival barter item- purple)
    Harvestbrew short-sleeved Tunic and Trousers (Autumn festival barter item- purple)
    Awwww CUTENESS!!

    Well done!

  13. #3413
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    181
    I finally got around to taking a view screenshots!




  14. #3414
    There have been some wonderful outfits posted here since my last post Well done everybody! I have to admit our werewolf-looking dwarf friend has certainly made my day! Anyway, I have a new outfit to share with everybody here. I hope you enjoy it!

    Last edited by Nathrien_Estelenlaer; Nov 06 2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: coding error

  15. #3415
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylean View Post
    This was really weird. Pre-ROR, we (at level 75) had two choices for buying Ettenmoors gear: 7,500 commendations for a "level 88" breastplate or 5,500 comms for a "level 75" breastplate. Similar choices for all the other pieces in the set. Now in RoR, at level 85, we have two choices of gear: Level 88 gear (breastplate 5,500 comms) and level 97 gear (6,750 comms PLUS the level 88 breastplate). Same system goes for the other pieces.

    I've never known LOTRO to keep track (or share) "item levels" like WoW does. That whole system was pretty controversial, and personally I am happy to be rid of it here in LOTRO. But for the Moors gear, it is what it is.
    The beta forums ate my last reply so I'm going to be more short with this one, forgive me.

    Items have had item levels at least since RoI, and I suspect before then as well.

    Responding to the part that I bolded, you're mixing up your units. The old moors armor was required level 75, and item level 82. Can't compare required level to item level.

    We aren't rid of item levels at all. Skraid & Eomer stuff is item level 96, Hytbold is 97, Ancient Horse-lord and lootbox drops are even higher.

  16. #3416
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    The beta forums ate my last reply so I'm going to be more short with this one, forgive me.

    Items have had item levels at least since RoI, and I suspect before then as well.

    Responding to the part that I bolded, you're mixing up your units. The old moors armor was required level 75, and item level 82. Can't compare required level to item level.

    We aren't rid of item levels at all. Skraid & Eomer stuff is item level 96, Hytbold is 97, Ancient Horse-lord and lootbox drops are even higher.
    Interesting intel here. Sure, the RoI end-game moors gear required character level 75, but I distinctly remember from the drop-down list that we had two choices: level 75, and level 88. Seemed pretty obvious it was item level. I was actually planning on buying the 75 gear first, then using it to get more comms to get the 88 gear, but some of my raiding buddies told me to wait and just go for the 88 gear. Was a long (and painful!) haul.

    To see what I mean about the difference between Level 75 and Level 88 armour sets, take a look at the Champ vendor Wiki: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Celoseth. Note that both 75 and 88 sets require character level 75.

    Maybe you thought I was confusing units because I began my post with "this was really weird"... the difference between character and item level wasn't weird to me, it was that this was the only place in LOTRO I'd ever seen this overtly called out. Is there a mod or something that we can use to view the item level of any arbitrary piece?

  17. #3417
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylean View Post
    Interesting intel here. Sure, the RoI end-game moors gear required character level 75, but I distinctly remember from the drop-down list that we had two choices: level 75, and level 88. Seemed pretty obvious it was item level. I was actually planning on buying the 75 gear first, then using it to get more comms to get the 88 gear, but some of my raiding buddies told me to wait and just go for the 88 gear. Was a long (and painful!) haul.

    To see what I mean about the difference between Level 75 and Level 88 armour sets, take a look at the Champ vendor Wiki: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Celoseth. Note that both 75 and 88 sets require character level 75.

    Maybe you thought I was confusing units because I began my post with "this was really weird"... the difference between character and item level wasn't weird to me, it was that this was the only place in LOTRO I'd ever seen this overtly called out. Is there a mod or something that we can use to view the item level of any arbitrary piece?
    You can determine the item level of stuff by using these handy little formulas: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...gets-%28RoI%29

    The stuff like the Reinforced Threkkappi armor is absolutely, positively item level 82; you are getting units mixed up if you think the Reinforced Threkappi stuff is item level 75. Double check that yourself with those formulas. But I feel blame can be reasonably directed at Turbine for that mix-up, because they're categorizing most things by required level and some few new moors pieces as item level. I think you were expecting consistency, where in the case of how the class barterers in the moors list their stuff there is no consistency. That inconsistency is weird.

    Actually, even the lorebook is not always consistent; often times it's just plain wrong. Like search for the Earring of the Defiant. You'll see item level 75 in the search results, but 82 on the page (along with a scaled list, though AFAIK only classic loot scales in practice).

  18. #3418
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    There have been some wonderful outfits posted here since my last post Well done everybody! I have to admit our werewolf-looking dwarf friend has certainly made my day! Anyway, I have a new outfit to share with everybody here. I hope you enjoy it!

    I really like this outfit, Nathrien! The brown and burgundy (I think) go very well together.

  19. #3419
    Quote Originally Posted by druidofbreeland View Post
    I really like this outfit, Nathrien! The brown and burgundy (I think) go very well together.
    Thank you very much You're actually very close to the reddish colors...it does look close to burgundy. Here are the pieces with the colors:

    Head: Plumed Hat (Crimson, starter quest reward)
    Shoulders: Shoulders of the Mighty Verse (Crimson, Moria Minstrel class vendor)
    Back: Trimmed Cloak (Red, world drop or chest drop in the level 50 Rift raid)
    Chest: Long-sleeved Summer Tunic and Trousers (White, Summer Festival)

  20. #3420
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Memory of Laurelin
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    Head: Plumed Hat (Crimson, starter quest reward)
    Shoulders: Shoulders of the Mighty Verse (Crimson, Moria Minstrel class vendor)
    Back: Trimmed Cloak (Red, world drop or chest drop in the level 50 Rift raid)
    Chest: Long-sleeved Summer Tunic and Trousers (White, Summer Festival)
    That really is a wonderful Wandering Bard's outfit, Nathrien!

    Just so you know, that cloak shares graphics with Elrond's Exquisite/Radiant Cloak, a quest reward for the Epic quest Vol. I, Book 12, Chapter 10.
    Similarly, the hat shares graphics with at least one world drop, so if you missed it during your beginnings, keep an eye out while in the AH or adventuring.

  21. #3421
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    You can determine the item level of stuff by using these handy little formulas: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...gets-%28RoI%29

    The stuff like the Reinforced Threkkappi armor is absolutely, positively item level 82; you are getting units mixed up if you think the Reinforced Threkappi stuff is item level 75. Double check that yourself with those formulas. But I feel blame can be reasonably directed at Turbine for that mix-up, because they're categorizing most things by required level and some few new moors pieces as item level. I think you were expecting consistency, where in the case of how the class barterers in the moors list their stuff there is no consistency. That inconsistency is weird.

    Actually, even the lorebook is not always consistent; often times it's just plain wrong. Like search for the Earring of the Defiant. You'll see item level 75 in the search results, but 82 on the page (along with a scaled list, though AFAIK only classic loot scales in practice).
    Nice formulas and interesting post, but yeouch that's too much work for my LOTRO hobby. (After a long day of rocket science, I'm more interested in making pretty outfits and clobbering pixelated monsters.) All I know is that if an in-game vendor calls a piece of armour "level 75" and "level 88", that's what I'm going to pass along to anyone who asks. There was no mixup of units because both sets clearly required character level 75, and both sets were clearly offered by the vendor as "level 75" and "level 88". Now with RoR, the Moors vendor is offering "level 88" and "level 97". Is he wrong? Maybe, and I guess these formulas can be used to find out. The point is that if someone wants to know where to find a cosmetic piece, and I told him about the "level 82" item from the Moors, and he went to the Moors to look for it, what do you think he would find? Nothing. That's the point.

    I do appreciate the theorycraft information, but keep in mind that this is a cosmetics thread, and someone had asked me about the level 88 armour thing, and I told him the relevant information about where I got it.

  22. #3422
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylean View Post
    Nice formulas and interesting post, but yeouch that's too much work for my LOTRO hobby. (After a long day of rocket science, I'm more interested in making pretty outfits and clobbering pixelated monsters.) All I know is that if an in-game vendor calls a piece of armour "level 75" and "level 88", that's what I'm going to pass along to anyone who asks. There was no mixup of units because both sets clearly required character level 75, and both sets were clearly offered by the vendor as "level 75" and "level 88". Now with RoR, the Moors vendor is offering "level 88" and "level 97". Is he wrong? Maybe, and I guess these formulas can be used to find out. The point is that if someone wants to know where to find a cosmetic piece, and I told him about the "level 82" item from the Moors, and he went to the Moors to look for it, what do you think he would find? Nothing. That's the point.

    I do appreciate the theorycraft information, but keep in mind that this is a cosmetics thread, and someone had asked me about the level 88 armour thing, and I told him the relevant information about where I got it.
    Fair enough point that you weren't mixing up units because you were distinguishing two different types of sets by their given barter designations. My apologies. I'd also jumped in because I noticed the "I am happy to be rid of [item levels]" bit and saw opportunity to inform that the item level system is going strong in guts of the game; on that front I'm pleased you found the theory stuff intriguing, albeit a bit much.

  23. #3423
    A few tweaks to my Burglar's standard outfit to incorporate some of the cool new crafted item cosmetics.
    (sorry for lazy screens, I was tired and well... lazy)

  24. #3424
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    117
    Very burglar-ish andy!

    My captain has had a haircut, which isn't working out well for him in the snow.



    My hunter has decided to go a bit smarter, but still has his sleeves rolled up ready for business, you know, when he's not dancing.

    Last edited by Hessli; Nov 11 2012 at 05:42 AM.

  25. #3425
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Under the Greenwood trees
    Posts
    83
    Thanks for the comment Caylean!

    That's quite a cool looking burg andy.

    Some pics of my lore-master scholar Ithildess.

    Hat of the Concerned Elf (Great River quest reward- black)
    Hoh-Dreng (Dunland quest reward- Ered Luin blue)
    Robe of the Learned Stag (Dunland quest reward- Ered Luin blue)
    Clanweave Boots (Dunland quest reward- black)
    Lasswen -Elendilmir Hunter
    ~The wind is full of a thousand voices~
    No Whole Bard

 

 
Page 137 of 179 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 147 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload