We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DN Quest: The Heart of the Scourge - ?

Has anybody completed this by finding a place to use the [item]Phial of Elven-light[/item]?

Logically would seem to be in the Mistress's room, but we couldn't find a way to advance the quest after taking her down tonight.

Re: DN Quest: The Heart of the Scourge - ?

i strongly believe this quest is bugged.

yesterday, we had someone with totally clear locks spend like half an hour looking through every nook and cranny of the place with no success. but since the dungeon was already fully cleared, we we thought maybe you had to be in the room with the mistress still active, then beat her while having this quest item in your log, and then something would appear to click on. we were planning on doing that on thurs night once the locks reset, but apparently you guys have done just that and it still doesn't work.

so i'd be willing to wager heavily that this quest is simply bugged and isn't currently completeable....
    [LFF] [COLOR="Lime"]Dwarf[/COLOR]: 'LFM to delve deeply and greedily. rich rewards! what could possibly go wrong?'

I can add that I searched the entire joint on Saturday during a complete instance-clear and found nowhere to use the phial. Common sense dictates it should be in the Mistress' lair.... turned that place upside down to no avail....
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=4][COLOR=White][COLOR=DimGray]| Maethoren [/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray]| [/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray]Maelric [/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray]| [/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray]Maejere [/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray]| [/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray]Maesutoro [/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray]| [/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray]Marklaar [/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray]| [/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray]Maenesta |[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=Cyan][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=DimGray]
    [SIZE=3]Officer of Maelstrom[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red][URL="http://www.rotaonline.org/"]http://www.rotaonline.org[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

I tried using it before we started the Mistress fight, and after. I highly doubt that you are supposed to use it *during* the fight, but I suppose it's possible.

Usually for quests like these you get billboard text like "You have found the center of the plague in Dar Narbugud" when you are able to use the quest item. Nothing like that ever popped up either.

/ragequit

I want my 56sp!

Unhappy Re: DN Quest: The Heart of the Scourge - ?

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD View Post
    I want my 56sp!
    I want my inventory space back!

With our combined knowledge, it's almost certainly a bugged quest. That's a shame - I was hoping it would give a special hidden title or something!

Quote Originally Posted by john_anthony View Post
    i strongly believe this _____ is bugged.
    What's new?
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Yup. A kinny and I spent the better part of 30 minutes scouring DN with instance-clear locks to no avail. I believe it's bugged as well.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000de728/01008/signature.png]Reiriel[/charsig]
    [size=1][url=http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/yinwaru/][color=skyblue][b]Yinwaru - 65 Champ[/b][/color][/url] [b][color=grey]~[/color][/b] [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/wynriel/][color=skyblue][b]Wynriel - 60 Captain[/b][/color][/url] [b][color=grey]~[/color][/b] [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/reiriel/][color=skyblue][b]Reiriel - 65 Lore-master[/b][/color][/url] [b][color=grey]~[/color][/b] [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/aynori/][color=skyblue][b]Aynori - 60 Guardian[/b][/color][/url]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/iambroken/][color=darkred][b]Iambroken - R6 Blackarrow[/b][/color][/url] [b][color=grey]~[/color][/b] [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/grishfaer/][color=darkred][b]Grishfaer - R4 Stalker[/b][/color][/url][/center][/size]

Can anyone _confirm_ that it is not possible to use it during the mistress fight?

That's our current theory, only thing left that we could come up with (and what we'll try next time we run DN). Of course, it very well may be that the alternative (it's bugged) proves true.
    Last edited by Angadan; Jul 01 2009 at 08:59 AM.

I completed the quest the first time I went in there. We would get a message that "this seems like a good place to clear the scourge" or something, in the side rooms with green floors on bosses 2-4.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001b558e/01000/signature.png]Sunnyy[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Moony350 View Post
    I completed the quest the first time I went in there. We would get a message that "this seems like a good place to clear the scourge" or something, in the side rooms with green floors on bosses 2-4.
    I believe you're confusing a previous quest. The one you're speaking of requires you to bring a different phial (or something) to each of the rooms filled with slime.

The Heart of the Scourge is a different quest.
    [center][color=red]Rampage[/color] - Officer
    [color=sienna]Guardian[/color] - Googili - [color=green]Hunter[/color] - Googacar [color=orange]Burglar[/color] - Googe
    [url]www.rampageguild.net[/url][/center]

Our kin has completed it prior to the Blind One's portal. There is one pool that you need to check the outside edge of the room to find it. They are all there, though.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="Yellow"]I guarantee your level 65 r0 greenie BA will contribute more to your Creep raid than my level 2 Minstrel will contribute to my Freep raid. After all, both took about 5 seconds to create.[/COLOR][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000085aec/signature.png]Chea[/charsig]

we did it
    the rooms are next to the 2, 3, and 4 boss chambers
    Freeps: Beast, Cadaverous, Deadite, Elphaba, Joules, Kookaburra, Stheno, Weebey, Zod
    Creeps: Barfbag, Bulgingeggsac, Elphabash, Farfel
    {SM/2H1R}

kk as Goog mentioned, we're mixing up 2 different quests.

The quest given by the guy outside the door of the instance (don't recall the title, no longer have the quest) requires that a cleansing phial be used in marshy areas near bosses 2, 3, and 4. That one is working fine.

The quest given by Celeborn in CG (and named exactly as this thread is entitled) requires that a cleansing phial be used "where the pestilence is at its greatest" or words to that effect. It seems to hint strongly that you would use the phial at or near the Mistress or her chamber. This one appears _not_ to be working.

Unless...understanding the difference between the quests, one of you are still saying you did the latter?
    Last edited by Angadan; Jul 01 2009 at 12:15 PM.

Oregon, lying in the grass with my Laptop!

Ya, I have this quest, spent like a 15-30 mins searching the place with clear locks and couldn't find it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][I][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Lorebreaker, Hero of Legend r15 Elf RK[/COLOR][INDENT][COLOR=Silver]/Smiter of Foes, [COLOR=Yellow]Vanyar[/COLOR][/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [COLOR=Silver][INDENT]Foe of Morgoth Belegurth, [COLOR=Yellow]Crosser of Roads[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Mender of Afflictions, [COLOR=Yellow]Expositor of Words[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Pet Rock Owner, [COLOR=Yellow]Quendi of Cuiviénen[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Exile [COLOR=Yellow]11/15/08[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [/COLOR][/I][/FONT]

Still talking about the 3-location quest...this thread is (was originally) about the _other_ quest. lol don't know how to clear this up for the people who have only ever seen the one quest and think that's it.

I'm standing in from of Celeborn in CG now... he doesn't have a quest icon. Is there a prerequiste somewhere?
    [LEFT][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=Silver][U]Freeps:[/U] Liffey (LM), Pistashio (WDN), Oenomaus (CHP) - Officer, [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=Silver][URL="http://www.l33tvengeance.com/smf"]Vengeance Kinship[/URL]
    [U]Creeps:[/U] Lookmomacreep (R6 WL), Wargiepoo (STKR), Seeingeyesingle (WVR)
    [/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=#4169e1]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by UF001 View Post
    I'm standing in from of Celeborn in CG now... he doesn't have a quest icon. Is there a prerequiste somewhere?
    1) Complete the quest from Haldir to clear the evil from the Hall of Mirrors and Nala-Dum. (Basically, beat both instance bosses).

2) Return to Haldir. Get a quest to talk to a guy outside of the Crafting Halls (Hall of Crafting, whatever ).

3) Clear Crafting Halls. Talk to guy outside this place again.

4) Return to Haldir.

5) Get quest to talk to Celeborn - talk to Celeborn.

6) Now you're caught up.

In other words, don't just dash straight into DN.

Quote Originally Posted by UF001 View Post
    Yes, if I recall correctly

Halidr gives you a quest to speak to a dwarf in the Crossroads. That dwarf gives you a quest to "reclaim" the 3 man instances, which involved looting a chest with a piece of paper in it. After that you go back to Haldir, and I believe you are either give a quest to clear the 6man or you are sent to Celeborn to get that quest. Once the HoC is "reclaimed" you get this quest.

Theodhelm - Captain | Falawine - Hunter | Coquet - Warden | Junkyard - Stalker
    ~Elendilmir Server~ the [Jewelled Bell] of servers
    ~Misadventurers~

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    1) Complete the quest from Haldir to clear the evil from the Hall of Mirrors and Nala-Dum. (Basically, beat both instance bosses).

2) Return to Haldir. Get a quest to talk to a guy outside of the Crafting Halls (Hall of Crafting, whatever ).

3) Clear Crafting Halls. Talk to guy outside this place again.

4) Return to Haldir.

5) Get quest to talk to Celeborn - talk to Celeborn.

6) Now you're caught up.

In other words, don't just dash straight into DN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalifea View Post
    Yes, if I recall correctly

Halidr gives you a quest to speak to a dwarf in the Crossroads. That dwarf gives you a quest to "reclaim" the 3 man instances, which involved looting a chest with a piece of paper in it. After that you go back to Haldir, and I believe you are either give a quest to clear the 6man or you are sent to Celeborn to get that quest. Once the HoC is "reclaimed" you get this quest.

Aaaahaaa. Thanks. That's an interesting quest line.
    [LEFT][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=Silver][U]Freeps:[/U] Liffey (LM), Pistashio (WDN), Oenomaus (CHP) - Officer, [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=Silver][URL="http://www.l33tvengeance.com/smf"]Vengeance Kinship[/URL]
    [U]Creeps:[/U] Lookmomacreep (R6 WL), Wargiepoo (STKR), Seeingeyesingle (WVR)
    [/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=#4169e1]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

as noted above, these three people are referring to the wrong quest:

Quote Originally Posted by Moony350 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by olagaton View Post
    Our kin has completed it prior to the Blind One's portal. There is one pool that you need to check the outside edge of the room to find it. They are all there, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by KneelBeforeZod View Post
    we did it

this thread is referring to a different purification quest, bestowed by Celeborn at the end of a long chain, which no one has completed and which is almost certainly bugged at the moment.....

(p.s. hope all of us posting in this thread have also submitted /bug reports )
    [LFF] [COLOR="Lime"]Dwarf[/COLOR]: 'LFM to delve deeply and greedily. rich rewards! what could possibly go wrong?'

Quote Originally Posted by KneelBeforeZod View Post
    we did it
    No you didn't, that is a different quest.

No luck here either, even after clears.

kk I keep forgetting to try to use the phial during the fight with the Mistress (lot going on, heehee), but I'm determined to remember to try on our kin's run tomorrow night.

I submitted a ticket just to see if I'd get back the "known issue" response, but I didn't...instead, I got the 'In-Game Support team cannot provide hints or solutions' response, which means one of two things: (1) the GM who responded is not aware that the quest is bugged, and took the easy way out by shooting me a canned quest response, or (2) the quest is _not_ bugged and _can_ be done! I'm hoping for the latter, will find out tomorrow night if using it during the fight is the solution!

Quote Originally Posted by Angadan View Post
    kk I keep forgetting to try to use the phial during the fight with the Mistress (lot going on, heehee), but I'm determined to remember to try on our kin's run tomorrow night.
    Hey Llendra, several of us tried doing it during the fight on our last Mistress kill. It didn't work then either. We even tried clicking it in several different spots with no luck. Hopefully this gets fixed.
    Now behold the power of OverPoweredCC!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000022eed/01003/signature.png]Rhinvorn[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Aggieindenver View Post
    Hey Llendra, several of us tried doing it during the fight on our last Mistress kill. It didn't work then either. We even tried clicking it in several different spots with no luck. Hopefully this gets fixed.
    Awww...thanks. And shoot, that means it's definitely a bug. I hope they are aware of it and maybe even have it on a list of things to fix with an upcoming patch! The worst kinds of broken quests are the ones that take up bag space while you wait for them to be doable again. heehee
    Last edited by Angadan; Jul 16 2009 at 05:55 PM.

Bump!

Hoping to get a dev to respond to this thread, as we've still no way of knowing for _sure_ that the quest is indeed bugged.

p.s. we have submitted both tickets and bug reports. GMs say they can't determine whether it's a bug ('not our department, submit a bug report') and of course you never get a confirming response to any bug report. Help, devs!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast