We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    Rule Britannia! Britannia, rules the waves!

Re: Offical Creep War-Tab thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BLoNdiE View Post
    How in the world does it mean that?
    How in the world doesn't it? If you sport a lot of killing blow titles for the amount of infamy you have it's pretty safe to assume you've made some effort to acquire KBs.

As for the rest of your post, I never claimed that inf/kb tells us more about someone than their inf/kills does. Your friend got on to the subject of what's "better" (which is totally subjective so let's not go there) and then made a bizarre request for "proof".

Quote Originally Posted by Kisra View Post
    How in the world doesn't it? If you sport a lot of killing blow titles for the amount of infamy you have it's pretty safe to assume you've made some effort to acquire KBs.
    well I did say:

Technically you want inf/kb as low as possible since that means you have a lot of kbs for very low infamy. (which could just mean you are a ninja.)
    Which is what you seem to be saying. I just do not see that as a measure of anything tbh. Like you said in your original post, being a reaver helps with that a lot. In fact you can have horrible stats everywhere else and do nothing but DS low health targets (ds gives a big chunk of infamy anyway, at least usually) and have a great inf/kb. Not saying you are wrong in seeing it as it is. Just for me it holds very little meaning. I may just be misunderstanding the stat.

As for the rest of your post, I never claimed that inf/kb tells us more about someone than their inf/kills does. Your friend got on to the subject of what's "better" (which is totally subjective so let's not go there) and then made a bizarre request for "proof".
    I never said you did, I was just posting my own thoughts and analogies. Proof was just a word that seemed to fit. I almost used it. Proving a certain playstyle is more accurate I guess, either way I used another word instead just to cause less confusion. He probably did not see it as a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisra View Post

Try to understand why I dont think inf/KB makes sense.

I solo someone. I get 120 infamy and 1 KB

Some blackarrow ninja's a KB and gets 2 infamy and 1 KB.

In this case it looks like having a high infamy/KB ratio better.

But conversly I could play in a group all night get 4,000 infamy and only 5 KB's

That same BA plays all night and also gets 4,000 infamy but lands 60 KB's.

Well now the siutation is reversed and having a low infamy/KB is better.

At least in my examples they can only be interpreted one way, whatever your views on that playstyle are. Also I only used the word "proof" to say that it IMPOSSIBLE for any number to prove "skill" which was my response to your statement that my numbers didnt prove "skill". They dont prove skill, they suggest a playstyle, whereas your numbers dont really suggest anything at all (as you can see from my above example)

-Morrdan/Weaver/Pre
    Last edited by BIZL; Nov 01 2009 at 05:25 PM.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizladan/]Bizladan[/url] Hunter
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizldore/]Bizldore[/url] Burglar
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizldur/]Bizldur[/url] Lore-Master
    Nimrodel - Vinyara, Officer

I agree that it will be really hard to quantify a "skilled' play vs. a non-skilled player.

There is a lot that goes into playing well in the moors besides just getting the stats that are revealed on the war tab, but besides that... any simple equation like infamy/xyz can clearly be distorted.
    Last edited by Dommin-Nim; Nov 01 2009 at 08:50 PM.

none of the stats: kb/kills, k/d, kills/infamy reflect any sort of "skill". It reflects more so how the player plays. Safe players will ultimately have a higher k/d ratio, while solo'ers (whether they are good or not) will have a higher infamy/kill ratio. Any leeching ba can obtain a good infamy/kill ratio or a good k/d ratio. I really don't see how those stats reflect skill at all simply how the palyer wants to play. The ba could be good and obtain those good stats or he could be an awful player and still acquire the stats.

I can think of countless excellent players whose war tabs are abysmal because they prefer to be in a raid/group. IMO wartabs are a portrayal of how you play, not how good you are.

Quote Originally Posted by BLoNdiE View Post
    How in the world does it mean that? Technically you want inf/kb as low as possible since that means you have a lot of kbs for very low infamy. (which could just mean you are a ninja.) This once again means almost nothing.

Inf/kill can be at least understood. Pointing to playstyle is a type of information. If it is very low then the person is a raider. If it is very high then the person solos and 1v1s a lot.

K/kb makes sense since it shows how many kills you were at least actively part of. If (on a dps class) this is high then it means you leeched a lot of kills. I guess leeched is a bit harsh but still. If it is low then you are either a very good ninja or 1v1/solo constantly. Same as inf/kill.

You can draw your own opinions from that but at least these two show some kind of obvious playstyle choice.
    He was actually right. I do play for kb's, not infamy. I would have a lot more but between book 12 and 14 I raided. There was usually 4-5 more reavers in the raid and we were all very good at making things die really quick. I also think stats don't really show if you're a good player or not. Too many variables. For one, I use to let my 10 year old, autistic brother play my reaver when I use to watch him. The only infamy I would get when he played is from the reflect damage while he was getting blown up. I also went from around a 35 k/d ratio to 20 when book 6 came out. Since then it has gone up about 1. If people saw how bad it was and just waited for book 7 then their k/d ratio would be higher. Does that make them a better player?? No
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by bambam21 View Post
    He was actually right. I do play for kb's, not infamy. I would have a lot more but between book 12 and 14 I raided. There was usually 4-5 more reavers in the raid and we were all very good at making things die really quick. I also think stats don't really show if you're a good player or not. Too many variables. For one, I use to let my 10 year old, autistic brother play my reaver when I use to watch him. The only infamy I would get when he played is from the reflect damage while he was getting blown up. I also went from around a 35 k/d ratio to 20 when book 6 came out. Since then it has gone up about 1. If people saw how bad it was and just waited for book 7 then their k/d ratio would be higher. Does that make them a better player?? No
    Do not get me wrong. Stats do not make you a good player. I know people with horrible stats that I would give my life to save. I also know people that try and mimic these stats just to make themselves look good, while they could not tell their *** from their face in a fight.

People play for themselves in the end. What is fun for them is usually how they will play. I see no reason to criticize anyone for that. They pay for their games not me. Stats only support the playstyle you chose. (Whether the stats are for your own personal goals or to show off your ability to play a certain way)

Less ****ing arguing and more war-tabs!

Thumbs down Re: Offical Creep War-Tab thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherGab View Post
    As request of 2nd marshal Brodster, here is the creep War-Tab thread Post away!

now at 217k :P
    WOW

20,000 kills and only 1600 KBs

WHAT A LEECH

Quote Originally Posted by Kusa99 View Post
    WOW

WHAT A LEECH
    He's a spider, of course he'll have a lower kb count than that of a reaver/warg/BA. And along with that picture being a bit short of five months old, I don't see your war-tab on here... how do we not know you might have even less compared to his ratio?
    [center][size=1][B][color=red]Irezii[/color][/B][color=grey]~R10 Weaver [B][I]“[color=brown]The field of battle serves as a garden from which you reap the heads of the fallen. You are a true harvester of sorrow.[/color]” ~ Harvester of Sorrow[/B][/I] <The Black Blade> [/color][/size]
    [size=1][color=green][B]Linnleii[/color][/B][color=lightblue]~65 R5 Hunter[/color] [color=lightblue]<Order of the Phoenix>[/color] [color=lightblue]---Nimrodel---[/color][/size]
    [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=304451"][size=1]Highest Ranked Creep List [/size][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Mulel View Post
    He's a spider, of course he'll have a lower kb count than that of a reaver/warg/BA. And along with that picture being a bit short of five months old, I don't see your war-tab on here... how do we not know you might have even less compared to his ratio?
    Ignore that clown. This is coming from the same person that wanted Npcs to count for infamy/renown and wanted PvE quests for infamy/renown.

WOW

WHAT A LEECH
    Wow, another non constructive post.

WHAT A TROLL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulel View Post
    He's a fail warg, a fail troll, etc. As Poiison says below...

Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    Ignore that clown. This is coming from the same person that wanted Npcs to count for infamy/renown and wanted PvE quests for infamy/renown.

WOW

WHAT A LEECH
    Your also the one who claims to be rank 15 when you are rank 6 and only post irrelevant posts.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100000d610c/signature.png]Araciel[/charsig]
    [color=gray] Freeps ~~ Elkmage LM ~~ Rhood Hunter [/color] [color=red] Creeps ~~ Araciel Spider[/color]
    Winner! +Hengar has won the match against Rock. (my bullroarer char)

Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    He also says using Man Heal makes you an ezmoding, overpowered noob.

gratz tyr on the rank

I solo 100% of the time, so my stats are a bit skewed. I would have an even lower kill/kb ratio if I didn't play before MoM and before book 12.

Here;s mine from when I hit R11 the other night.

3 Fountain Street, Bromburg, Bree Homesteads

here's an update of mine...just got Slayer of Light :/

[Color=red]-Azsouth the Hand of Doom of Elendilmir, Rank 15 Warg [/color]
    Originator of the 1st [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?143813-the-good-1v1-thread]Good 1v1 Thread [/url](Meneldor)

Quote Originally Posted by woolax24 View Post
    Here;s mine from when I hit R11 the other night.

Why is your last name not "anythingispossible"?

Quote Originally Posted by Moop29 View Post
    Why is your last name not "anythingispossible"?
    Gonna fly this boat to the moon somehow!
    Last edited by Bob; Nov 16 2009 at 06:21 PM.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

Gratz Az on Slayer of Light!! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Arkarianor View Post
    I solo 100% of the time, so my stats are a bit skewed. I would have an even lower kill/kb ratio if I didn't play before MoM and before book 12.

Mate, I think you would have a lot fewer kills, and a lot more KBs if you always solo'd.

-Halrion

Quote Originally Posted by dfmarketfresh117 View Post
    Mate, I think you would have a lot fewer kills, and a lot more KBs if you always solo'd.

-Halrion
    That's funny, maybe you need to think again. I solo 100% of the time, ask anyone on my server if they've seen me group in the last 6 months. (Before that, I would run small groups of 2-3 with a spider and warg friend of mine. Never anything larger than that, and they've both quit now).

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast