We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

can TULKAS destroy sauron ?

ok here's what im curious about after reading Sil..

Tulkas is said to be the best fighter / wrestler in valinor and he is way above a maiar (sauron).. he is valar..

so what happen if suddenly tulkas is coming with the fellowship of the ring ?

can tulkas solo mordor and throw the ring in mount doom ?

will tulkas tempted to wear the ring too ? or is he immune like bombadil (other valar)

can tulkas kill the moria balrog single handedly ?

what is the limit of his power ? iirc he is powerless against a single spider (ungoliath)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000003df53/01006/signature.png]Thissa[/charsig]

Re: can TULKAS destroy sauron ?

Quote Originally Posted by DPRIJADI1 View Post
    so what happen if suddenly tulkas is coming with the fellowship of the ring ?

can tulkas solo mordor and throw the ring in mount doom ?

will tulkas tempted to wear the ring too ? or is he immune like bombadil (other valar)

can tulkas kill the moria balrog single handedly ?

what is the limit of his power ? iirc he is powerless against a single spider (ungoliath)
    Tulkas probably could not destroy Sauron but could certainly contain him for a return to Valinor for judgment. Unfortunately the fight would likely destroy a good part of that section of Middle-earth.

It's quite possible the Ring might tempt him, Gandalf feared it. Nowhere does it say that the Valar would be immune to the Ring (Bombadil is not Valar) but I would imagine a Valar has the best shot of controlling it, not that they would want to.

Tulkas vs a Balrog - I think that's a no-contest. Tulkas wins in one on one combat.

Tulkas vs Ungoliant - Ungoliant was very powerful and only feared the Valar as a group, individually she didn't even fear Morgoth. It took a squad of Balrogs to make her withdraw from Morgoth in The Silmarillion. I think that's ones a bit of a draw.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]"You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

[/FONT]

3. Re: can TULKAS destroy sauron ?

If Tulkas had a mind, he would make Sauron into a throw pillow, laughing while he did it. He couldn't destroy his spirit (only God can do that); but he would bend Sauron into a bloody pretzel.

The only thing that could pose a challenge to Tulkas is another Vala, or perhaps the entirety of every evil thing imaginable ganging up on him at once.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000009263b/01003/signature.png]Arasilion[/charsig]

I think its hard to overestimate Tulkas' power in martial combat. Tulkas is pretty much the end all be all when it comes to any type of combat. This is a guy who cast down Morgoth himself with his bare hands, who never rode a horse into combat cause he was faster than any of them. If he had a mind to lay hands on Sauron its a pretty easy fight for him, or any Balrog. I'd go so far as to say they would likely relent without a fight, as the outcome is assured. Sauron himself cowed to Men when they were clearly the superior force. My guess is Ungoliath would prove a fight for him, but he'd come out on top. His job was to be the "Bouncer" for the Valar. Not much could have withstood his wrath for any amount of time. As far as the power of the ring? Who's to say. I would tend to say one of the Valar would be hard pressed to be overcome by its power seeing how its creator was of a lesser order, but who's to say for sure. I know the idea of Tulkas with the ring is pretty much a worst case sccenario in my mind. Eru himself would be the only one to put a stop to such things.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001206b3/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Tulkas = Lotr Chuck Norris... lol
    [center]"The rejection of grammatical correction is proof of the level of intelligence hinted at by your writing."

[color=orange]Now please keep this discussion on topic or you may be reported for causing time mismanagement[/color]

[color=gray]Llydia[color=blue] - 65 Rune-keeper |[/color]Dawnn [color=blue] - 65 Champion |[/color] Anthari[color=blue] - 65 Lore-master |[/color] Thisnameisavailable Ornot[color=blue] - 65 Guardian
    [/color] Firstaidkit[color=blue] - 65 Minstrel |[/color] Malaysia [color=blue] - 65 Waden |[/color] Kornur[color=blue] - 52 Hunter |[/color] Caly[color=blue] - 40 Burglar |[/color] Dharkan Rahl[color=blue] - 40 Captain[/color][/color][/center]

Only if he had the proper entrance music...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000042f7c/01008/signature.png]Cyneward[/charsig]
    [size=1]Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins,... even as Orome the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. And then all the host of Rohan burst into song, and they sang as they slew, for the joy of battle was on them...[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenhammer View Post
    I think its hard to overestimate Tulkas' power in martial combat. Tulkas is pretty much the end all be all when it comes to any type of combat. This is a guy who cast down Morgoth himself with his bare hands, who never rode a horse into combat cause he was faster than any of them. If he had a mind to lay hands on Sauron its a pretty easy fight for him, or any Balrog. I'd go so far as to say they would likely relent without a fight, as the outcome is assured. Sauron himself cowed to Men when they were clearly the superior force. My guess is Ungoliath would prove a fight for him, but he'd come out on top. His job was to be the "Bouncer" for the Valar. Not much could have withstood his wrath for any amount of time. As far as the power of the ring? Who's to say. I would tend to say one of the Valar would be hard pressed to be overcome by its power seeing how its creator was of a lesser order, but who's to say for sure. I know the idea of Tulkas with the ring is pretty much a worst case sccenario in my mind. Eru himself would be the only one to put a stop to such things.
    its strange mere animal like ungoliath can be problematic to valar like tulkas.

if melkor easily defeated by tulkas then sauron (maiar) must be easier for tulkas to subdue.

did tolkien ever extrapolate / written more about tulkas and his adventures ?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000003df53/01006/signature.png]Thissa[/charsig]

if melkor easily defeated by tulkas then sauron (maiar) must be easier for tulkas to subdue.

Lol she was not a mere animal. The Sil does say that Melkor's power was pretty much exhausted and she was strong from consuming the Light of the Trees.

Tulkas would step over the Morannon and kick Barad-Dûr in half.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000042f7c/01008/signature.png]Cyneward[/charsig]
    [size=1]Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins,... even as Orome the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. And then all the host of Rohan burst into song, and they sang as they slew, for the joy of battle was on them...[/size]

9. Re: can TULKAS destroy sauron ?

Ungoliant isn't a spider in the truest sense. She's some kind of spiritual creature in the form of a spider.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000009263b/01003/signature.png]Arasilion[/charsig]

Dude, just stop asking questions and go read the Silmarillion. It'll be well worth your time.
    [center]"The rejection of grammatical correction is proof of the level of intelligence hinted at by your writing."

[color=orange]Now please keep this discussion on topic or you may be reported for causing time mismanagement[/color]

[color=gray]Llydia[color=blue] - 65 Rune-keeper |[/color]Dawnn [color=blue] - 65 Champion |[/color] Anthari[color=blue] - 65 Lore-master |[/color] Thisnameisavailable Ornot[color=blue] - 65 Guardian
    [/color] Firstaidkit[color=blue] - 65 Minstrel |[/color] Malaysia [color=blue] - 65 Waden |[/color] Kornur[color=blue] - 52 Hunter |[/color] Caly[color=blue] - 40 Burglar |[/color] Dharkan Rahl[color=blue] - 40 Captain[/color][/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by sir-rinthian View Post
    Tulkas = Lotr Chuck Norris... lol
    I think this thesis is well-supported by the canon. From Valaquenta: "His hair and beard are golden, and his flesh ruddy; his weapons are his hands."
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Garamond]* * *
    [/FONT][/I][FONT=Palatino Linotype]"From without the World, though all things may be forethought in music or foreshown in vision from afar, to those who enter verily into Eä each in its time shall be met at unawares as something new and unforetold."[/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

Saurons true skill was deception. He was never really known for his strength.
    Sauron was also not one of the valar...Just a loyal servant of morgoth.
    Tulkas was able to defeat Morgoth.
    The only reason Ungoliant was able to defeat morgoth was because he was weakened. Morgoth used to be one of the valar.

illuvitar game the valar power in their own way to rule. I think Manwe would have been a challange for tulkas but they were on the same side.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000007c2c6/01003/signature.png]Tehshatter[/charsig]

Dude, just stop asking questions and go read the Silmarillion. It'll be well worth your time.
    i read it and still dont understand the half of it. 1st im bad with remembering names especially elvis names.. and the beginning of silmarillon is confusing.. the whole 'creating world' with music is strange to me..

i know the facts is in sil but its buried too deep.. so far i only read the simple stories like luthien and bereg and turim turambar..

tulkas description in sil.. thta he is the strongest and most skillfull in combat.. and he always laugh in the face of combat and he laugh even more when the battle intensified..

he reminded me of someone.. some comic book superhero or some character ... anyone know which one who fight and laugh ? the more battle the happier he is

The Hulk, maybe?

Tulkas was modeled after Hercules/Heracles as being the macho, wrestler-type god. I think, as Arasilion said, he could put Sauron in a sleeperhold until the Last Battle but it wouldn't be the same as destroying the ring. As an aside, it should be noted that the Valar don't really get involved directly in the Third Age. It kind of seemed like they were gradually loosing their reins on Creation as they intervened less and less as time went on. I do, however, think it's obvious that they work behind the scenes, in the spirit realm, and I also believe that the eagles are representative of the intervention of Manwë.
    [center][b][color=gray]Dedoric[/color] || [color=royalblue]Rocso[/color][/b] of [url=http://guild-sanctuary.com/lotro]Sanctuary[/url]
    [size=1][[url=http://lotroplayers.com]LOTROPlayers[/url]]
    [[url=http://greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com]The Grey Company Podcast[/url]]
    [[url=http://masteroflore.wordpress.com]Master of Lore blog[/url]][/size]
    [/center]

1st im bad with remembering names especially elvis names..
    That would be Elven or Elvish (not sure which) Elvis was a singer and guitar player

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    As an aside, it should be noted that the Valar don't really get involved directly in the Third Age. It kind of seemed like they were gradually loosing their reins on Creation as they intervened less and less as time went on. I do, however, think it's obvious that they work behind the scenes, in the spirit realm, and I also believe that the eagles are representative of the intervention of Manwë.
    Well, whenever they got involved with characters like Sauron, it meant mass destruction of people, animals, plants, even the ground where they fought. It was my assumption that they just didn't want to put the earth through that again.
    Last edited by sir-rinthian; Jun 09 2009 at 09:31 PM.

That would be Elven or Elvish (not sure which) Elvis was a singer and guitar player
    lol ya i mean 'elvish'