We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Post Why You Picked An elf

Did u pick ur elf because he is tall, or looks good, just because elves are awesome. I picked mine cuz i know a fair amount of lotr lore and i know just how awesome elfs are. My elf is from Lindon, because Lindon is one of the first elven cities. So why did you pick ur character as an elf what class is he, and what do you think of him now?

Re: Why You Picked An elf

When I originally started playing the champion, I envisioned someone who beat stuff down not because he was strong, but because he was fast. Elves dominate that market.

The reality is, of course, marginally different...
    [img]http://s24.postimg.org/q0qzzx2j9/sig_lotro.jpg[/img]

Same reason you mentioned really. Of all mythical creatures, Tolkien or not, the Elves have always intrigued me...so my first Character was a no brainer.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02213000000000a0c/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

My first Elf fit the first character concept I had for this game - a sort of hidden defender of the Race of Man, hunting down the last primordial threats that Men can't, or won't, face down themselves.

Ive always been fascinated with elves, specially in this world, tall, beautiful and fairest of all beings, incredibly skilled crafter, and warriors, may the weapon be the sword, bow, or the pen and harp...they're are tons of lore and mystic to dig upon for any needs, it was a no brainer. all but 2 of my char are elves!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000002c83b/01007/signature.png]Felinphor[/charsig]

Cause the movies made legolas look awesome and cause they seemed the most magical class so my LM fit perfectly. Too bad after book 4 chapter 8 i hated him and his npc stupidity

Because I always play dudes in MMOs, and it sounds funny but I wanted to try out a female character haha. ALSO I always play melee warrior classes, and I wanted to try ranged.. hunter! Soooo Elf was a no brainer really.

Read the Silmarillion long ago and became an Elf fan, and roleplayed Tolkien type elves in other games, waiting on this one. Even went so far as to start learning Sindarin long ago (where most Tolkien language fanatics learn Quenya as the more beautiful Elf language, but Sindarin was the everyday language). Anyway, eventually learned a lot of vocabulary and some grammer before quitting when I got to all the nasal mutation stuff. I think its one of those languages you'd need to grow up hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Galadh View Post
    Read the Silmarillion long ago and became an Elf fan, and roleplayed Tolkien type elves in other games, waiting on this one. Even went so far as to start learning Sindarin long ago (where most Tolkien language fanatics learn Quenya as the more beautiful Elf language, but Sindarin was the everyday language). Anyway, eventually learned a lot of vocabulary and some grammer before quitting when I got to all the nasal mutation stuff. I think its one of those languages you'd need to grow up hearing.
    Yeah, like Esperanto.

I'm a human irl, so I didn't really want to play one in game too. :P My first char was a hobbit minnie. Played a week or less, lvl 7, wasn't doing it for me. Read the forums about classes, etc. Thought, Hmmm.... LM sounds cool. Then read an article on LM's that they're not like mages in D&D etc, but can go h2h and eventually dual wield sword and staff. Well, that sounded way too much like Gandalf to turn down! It really only makes sense to have an Elven LM wielding a sword of his own make (one of my goals) because humans don't live long enough to get good enough to make an awesome sword and be a warrior too. Plus elves are just so stinking cool. Chose to go with a female elf just for kicks. I wonder how many ig people I meet who assume I'm female irl. Makes me chuckle.

Also, I read Children of Hurin last year. Enjoyed fleshing out some of the lore about elves and men in the early days. I always liked Glorfindel in the Trilogy. I loved that the Riders didn't spook him and loved the flight to the ford scene in which Frodo sees him glowing. Basically, elves kick. I was always disappointed that Legolas was the only elf we really heard much about after FotR.

For me it was a mixture of tradition and the fact that I'm visually shallow. I always play male elves. Did it in FFXI, DAoC, EQ2, and all the other MMOs I've tried. And to be blunt, it's because I like the way they look. I've heard people complaining that the male elves are a little too feminine, and honestly that's why I chose them. It's sort of a goal of mine to play feminine males in every online game I play, because that's what I like to look at.

Also, though I've noticed that most LOTRO females are fully clothed, my choice of solely male characters came from the fact that in previous MMORPGs I've found that the women are usually wearing chainmail bikinis while the men are properly geared for battle.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000165c62/01008/signature.png]Adander[/charsig]

I play Elven characters in LOTRO exclusively and have something like 19 of them. (Okay, that's partially an untruth. I have one human Burglar and one human Captain on top of that. Does it count that they are adopted by my other Elven characters and share the same Surname?)

I do so because:

1.) Elves are ub3r-1337. That's why Turbine had to gimp them so hard in the game.

2.) I've read the Silmarillion one too many times.

3.) My first girl-friend tortured me by making me learn to read & speak Sinarin & Quenyan...so even though all of that's old and rusty I figured I might as well not waste all that effort and use it for something.

4.) If I'm going to stare at the backside of my toon for 8 hours a day, then as far as I'm concerned it's going to have to be the backside of a smokin' h4wt female elf with long flowing hair, a lithe form, graceful curves, and porcelain pale skin. Let's just say doing such is much cheaper than buying pr0n all the time, and certainly much easier than dealing with a psychotic gf who decides to go off her meds at inopportune times (been there, done that, over it).

5.) Playing an Elf allows me to be snooty and aloof, just like I am irl, although to everyone else they just think I'm RPing and don't think bad of me for it.

6.) When creating an Elf character I can choose an unpronouncable name that looks great but generates hours of cheap entertainment as people try to pronounce it in Chat/Vent (just how do you pronounce "Filegedhiel" again?)

7.) Because I have a theme going, and I'm going to run with it. Why mess with tradition?

8.) I can claim dibs on all mining nodes in an area and when a human or dorf or hobbit claims they were there first I can proclaim with all sincerity "Excuse me? What are you, like 25 years old? As I am 2400 years old I can say with all certainty that I was most definitely here long before your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandparents were ever conceived!"

9.) The point ears (does that qualify as a fetish?).

10.) So that when I decide to leave the game I can proclaim with dignity and class "As the time of the Elves in Middle-Earth draws to a close, so must it come my time to sail into the West to the white shores of Avalonne. I bid you all a farewell and leave the care of Middle-Earth to you Children of Men" rather than be a tactless attention monger by saying "Turbine, that was the last straw! I'm tired of the Nerfs and making the game too accessible. I'm leaving for WAR/AoC/KOTRO/{Insert Other MMO Here}. And no you can't have my stuff!"
    [CENTER][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][I]~[/I][B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]NOST CORUFAER[/COLOR][/B][I]~[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype]
    An all Elven Kinship, perfecting [/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=Cyan][Prized Pie][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype] since the Dawn of the Second Age...only on Elendilmir.
    [/FONT] [FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1][I]"It began with a leaf caught in the wind..."[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TsarithArcher View Post
    I play Elven characters in LOTRO exclusively and have something like 19 of them. (Okay, that's partially an untruth. I have one human Burglar and one human Captain on top of that. Does it count that they are adopted by my other Elven characters and share the same Surname?)

I do so because:

1.) Elves are ub3r-1337. That's why Turbine had to gimp them so hard in the game.

2.) I've read the Silmarillion one too many times.

3.) My first girl-friend tortured me by making me learn to read & speak Sinarin & Quenyan...so even though all of that's old and rusty I figured I might as well not waste all that effort and use it for something.

4.) If I'm going to stare at the backside of my toon for 8 hours a day, then as far as I'm concerned it's going to have to be the backside of a smokin' h4wt female elf with long flowing hair, a lithe form, graceful curves, and porcelain pale skin. Let's just say doing such is much cheaper than buying pr0n all the time, and certainly much easier than dealing with a psychotic gf who decides to go off her meds at inopportune times (been there, done that, over it).

5.) Playing an Elf allows me to be snooty and aloof, just like I am irl, although to everyone else they just think I'm RPing and don't think bad of me for it.

6.) When creating an Elf character I can choose an unpronouncable name that looks great but generates hours of cheap entertainment as people try to pronounce it in Chat/Vent (just how do you pronounce "Filegedhiel" again?)

7.) Because I have a theme going, and I'm going to run with it. Why mess with tradition?

8.) I can claim dibs on all mining nodes in an area and when a human or dorf or hobbit claims they were there first I can proclaim with all sincerity "Excuse me? What are you, like 25 years old? As I am 2400 years old I can say with all certainty that I was most definitely here long before your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandparents were ever conceived!"

9.) The point ears (does that qualify as a fetish?).

10.) So that when I decide to leave the game I can proclaim with dignity and class "As the time of the Elves in Middle-Earth draws to a close, so must it come my time to sail into the West to the white shores of Avalonne. I bid you all a farewell and leave the care of Middle-Earth to you Children of Men" rather than be a tactless attention monger by saying "Turbine, that was the last straw! I'm tired of the Nerfs and making the game too accessible. I'm leaving for WAR/AoC/KOTRO/{Insert Other MMO Here}. And no you can't have my stuff!"
    I'd like to counter the above, excellent post with this:

BARUK KHAZAD!

The one elf I had, it was just because she was hot. I deleted her and replaced it with a dwarf though.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

I'm playing an elf because I can't play an uruk-hai.
    [i]Manen polinyë restalyë?[/i]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000010a8d8/01008/signature.png]Tharindir[/charsig]

Elves have the most interesting history amongst all other races in all of Arda and so naturally I chose one to be my main.
    [b]Erinian - Landroval[/b][img]http://s8.postimg.org/mqdsvj90x/Ho_T_sig.png[/img][b]Hand of Tulkas[/b]

Thumbs up Re: Why You Picked An elf

Quote Originally Posted by TsarithArcher View Post

[/I]"
    lmao good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Sigram View Post
    I'd like to counter the above, excellent post with this:

BARUK KHAZAD!

The one elf I had, it was just because she was hot. I deleted her and replaced it with a dwarf though.
    When I first started playing LotRO, on trial account, I made a male elf Loremaster. But, while playing him, I kept on thinking "Why did I make a chick?"

Just couldn't tell the difference!

So, deleted, and now I only play Dwarves.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000b9d6b/01001/signature.png]Karhald[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Karhald View Post
    When I first started playing LotRO, on trial account, I made a male elf Loremaster. But, while playing him, I kept on thinking "Why did I make a chick?"

Just couldn't tell the difference!

So, deleted, and now I only play Dwarves.
    See? there's the problem. You make a male elf, then wonder why you have a chick that sort looks like a chick but doesn't really do it for ya. **Aerosmith's song 'Dude Looks Like a Lady' rolls through the mind at this point***
    so instead, roll the fembot elf, and then you KNOW you have a chick, alls well.

rolled elf due to them looking the coolest as a hunter, or champ...or anything. didn't like the male elf..torso looked way too long, and he stands like he has a stick up his <insert preferred word to describe the buttocks here>. so girls it was and they are hawt, though a little skinny at times. Ya get used to it tho.
    My alternate Personality is Elyxthaxzus. Plz dont confuse us, were actually quite different.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000240062/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

My main toon is a Female Elven Champion. I chose her because of her "look." It got even better as time progress with heavy armor. Elven Female + Hvy Elven Armor = Full of Win.

I also have an Elven Male Guardian. The sole reason of his existence is that I wanted an Elven Character that could be a soldier in the old days of the Last Alliance. In Middle Earth, when you think of Elven military forces, you think of heavy infantry, not pew-pew Elves.
    "I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." - 1stLt Clifton Cates, USMC, Belleau Wood, WWI, July 1918

I picked an elf the the 2% bow damage. Mhmm
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000003cf2/01007/signature.png]Freyr[/charsig]

I chose a elf because I wanted a hawt character, and humans can't be RK's and... I don't find dwarfs very attractive.

I chose an elf because it complimented my class choice.

As a ministrel who wields a club, the sword and box damage really.... wait.... hmmm.

Well, okay, but on my warden the.... well.... hmmmm.

Well the racial trait that helps me, ummm.... wow.

I guess, I chose an elf because I'm a stupid stupid man.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000122b7a/01008/signature.png]Darjeeling[/charsig]
    “As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room,
    we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.
    Why do you think we invented politics and religion?”

It's all about the ears..

enough said..

^_^
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000020f0fc/01006/signature.png]Hiyorii[/charsig]

My brother picked a dwarf, his friend picked a hobbit , another one picked a human so I chose elf to keep our fellowship diverse. But then another friend joined in and chose elf and the human guy started all over again as an elf, in the end we now have no human =P Meh there goes the variety in fellowship.
    [url]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/Ceraby/LOTRO-sig.jpg[/url]
    I don't know how to put a sig correctly...

In beta I picked an Elven Minstrel with thoughts of singing in Hall of Fire at Rivendell.
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time, naturally they became heroes."

I'm really Vulcan.

*runs*
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.heyjudyarts.com"][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=#4169e1][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Wingdings][SIZE=2][COLOR=sandybrown]˜[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=darkorange]˜[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Book Antiqua]Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Wingdings][COLOR=darkorange]˜[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Wingdings][SIZE=2][COLOR=sandybrown]˜[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkOrange][B][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000109bac/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast