We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't take screenshots?

So for some reason, I can't take screenshots at all. I'll hit the Print Screen button, and it says, everytime, that screenshot00002.jpg was saved. If I try to paste into paint, it just pastes a black screen into it, nothing else.

Is this an issue revolving around DX10/Vista or something?

Re: Can't take screenshots?

Trying hitting F11 instead of PrintScreen.
    [CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]<< Co-founder of [I][U][SIZE="4"]The Firebrands of Caruja[/SIZE][/U][/I] on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Are the screenshot files showing up blank? (Prntscrn in game should save the screenshot out to a jpg flie automatically in your "Documents" > "The Lord of the Rings Online" folder)

If those image files show up as black when you open them let me know.
    -Helpful Turbine Support Links-
    Note: The Customer Support forums are for Player-to-Player help, for official support, please submit a ticket to the appropriate team via the form here.

After contacting support, log into your email webpage to add noreply@turbine.com and accountsupport@turbine.com to their "safe senders" list and your contacts list/address book.

Be sure to check Spam/Junk Mail folders as well since most email providers do not let external email programs or cell phones download mail flagged this way.

Yeah, unlike printscreen for a windows desktop, where the printscreen key captures the screen and stores it in your copy/paste queue, LotRO just saves the file. You can't paste it after hitting printscreen, you actually have to go open the file.
    [img]http://s24.postimg.org/q0qzzx2j9/sig_lotro.jpg[/img]

Wish there was a way to submit a screenshot, but "Mute Game Sounds" is the last thing I see when I scroll all the way down on the audio options. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Mirthgar View Post
    Are the screenshot files showing up blank? (Prntscrn in game should save the screenshot out to a jpg flie automatically in your "Documents" > "The Lord of the Rings Online" folder)

I have a dual-monitor config with different-sized monitors, and always play in windowed mode. I noticed that all screenshots taken when my LOTRO window is on my secondary display end up entirely black, ~24 KB. I can drag the window onto my primary display and take screenshots normally.

I have an Nvidia 7950GT w/512 MB, and this has happened with some very old drivers as well as 186.18.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirthgar View Post

I have exactly this problem
    is there a solution?

Lightbulb Re: Can't take screenshots?

If anyone interested, I solved my problem setting Antialias to disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunzio View Post
    If anyone interested, I solved my problem setting Antialias to disabled.
    Have the same problem, but mine was already set to disabled. Started happening back in March. Before that, it worked fine.

makesure lotro is running in fullscreen mode and that your running loto at windows native (default) resoution and also that your running lotro at the same resolution as windows itself
    ie if your running windows at 1680x1050 lotro must be as well

Bizumping this, old thread - same problem, has only just started to happen in the last week, blank screenshots when using F11, using dual monitors, & LOTRO is windowed.

Any suggestions for a fix?
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial][SIZE=2]Neen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B][EU][/B][/SIZE] Eldar
    [URL="http://themellowship.com"][COLOR=#ffff00]The Mellowship[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Brunzio View Post
    I have exactly this problem
    is there a solution?
    I also have this problerm I hit F11 and all my screenshots are black.

I too am having black screen screenshots since the last patch. I never had this problem before.

The latest patch affected my screenshots, my audio, and my video in one fell swoop. :O
    [CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]<< Co-founder of [I][U][SIZE="4"]The Firebrands of Caruja[/SIZE][/U][/I] on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Add me to the list of people who can no longer take screenshots. A patch or two ago it started happening. F11, printscrn, doesn't matter. What I -can- do is take focus away from LOTRO, printscrn, and paste but that's super tedious. Nothing's changed for me hardware-wise since the last time I was able to successfully take screenshots.
    GL DLR ASTO MRVVAOK? KPXD PREOG...

I am able to take screenshots only if I have anti-aliasing OFF. Standard Print Screen captures work as intended regardless of AA settings.
    [/CENTER]

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I've saved dozens of big black screenshots since a mid-May update. Very disappointing.

However, here's an odd thing. I just tried it again and I got a black screenshot as usual. I disabled AA (as suggested above) and I was able to save screenshots just fine. The twist: When I re-enabled AA, I was able to still save perfect screenshots.

Anther bump for this, disabling AA sems to work for some not others (including myself)
    Disabling i can take screens, enabling it will constantly take the same screen...
    Last edited by Neen_Eldar; Jun 25 2012 at 10:10 AM.

[URL="http://themellowship.com"][COLOR=#ffff00]The Mellowship[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Siginzirak View Post
    However, here's an odd thing. I just tried it again and I got a black screenshot as usual. I disabled AA (as suggested above) and I was able to save screenshots just fine. The twist: When I re-enabled AA, I was able to still save perfect screenshots.
    I was going to reply to this but Neen_Eldar's post below covers my situation exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Neen_Eldar View Post
    Anther bump for this, disabling AA sems to work for some not others (including myself)
    Disabling i can take screens, enabling it will constantly take the same screen...
    [/CENTER]

srsly guise

I'm gonna bump this since I wanted to make a screenshot and it's not working for me either - I cant even turn AA on or off (permadisabled).

I ave another funny twist to add - I could take screenshots with my Bullroarer client (on August 2nd). I also did do a full reinstall in August.

Apparently the game's ability to take screenshots has changed over the time in a (imho) pretty ridiculous manner:
    Sept 16 - black
    May 10 - there's shot of a loading screen which I'm pretty sure was taken by accident
    May 04 - ^
    April 12 - black
    March 30 - seems to work as intended
    March 14 - ^ (but I can't tell for sure if this isn't taken on Bullroarer)
    March 13 - black
    March 07 - black
    March 03 - black
    October 8 - working as intended

before that I THINK it worked MOSTLY fine but I also distinctly remember that usually every 1 out of 10 screenshots came up as black (usually a few in a row).

I would really appreciate if someone could think a fix for this.
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Now works fine for me

Seems to be working for me now too. Of course, now I'm used to the improved frame-rate from having AA off...
    [/CENTER]