We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PvP Day in the Moors!!1!!one!11

I was curious... does anyone remember the huge PvP day we had... way back. I BELIEVE it was before TAO had actually came to LOTRO... so it's been a while back.

All the creeps and all the freeps came out to play one night, at a specific time. Entire kins came out together, even the non-PvPing members showed up. We tried to keep it to open-field fight, away from NPCs... It's kind of hard to do that because once one side starts to lose, they tend to want to retreat to safety... but it was something cool to try for. I believe the freeps got roffelstomped that day. If I remember correctly we ended up getting our server shut down from all the lag we generated, but up to that point it was so much fun. Next day both freeps and creeps posted a lot of really nice screenshots... all was happy and good in the Moors!

Would be fun to do this again some day. Now that the creeps/freeps are a bit more balanced it might be more fun.
    Last edited by Fluffage0; Apr 15 2009 at 10:11 AM.
    [color=#DB7900][b]Tappin[/b][/color] - Rank 8 (Rank 7 Pre-BK11)

Re: PvP Day in the Moors!!1!!one!11

Although raid vs. raid lag seems worse than ever, I think this would be fun. I may even toggle mischief mode for it!

/HIPS
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000004bc5b/01008/signature.png]Rhyno[/charsig]

Rhyno, Father of Gamblers

Quote Originally Posted by rmr7 View Post
    Although raid vs. raid lag seems worse than ever, I think this would be fun. I may even toggle mischief mode for it!

/HIPS
    That's what I was thinking Mischief! Yeah.. lag is a factor. Even though the following wouldn't help the lag... I'd like kins to raid together. Kins together! That way we can coordinate different kins for different tasks.

Main problem I foresee is finding a nice open area to do it... With the new outposts it makes it really hard to find a good area... Out there south of DG has a nice open place, there is an outpost there now.

Anyways, it's just an idea. Even if it is a slideshow, and we fry our server... would be epic to see 150+ players out there lagging it up!

That would be fun o.o, Id be there as I always am... standing around... firing at the freeps... and then suddenly realizing the rest of the creeps all ran away and im left standing alone out front for the freeps to wail on. Oh well, still fun . Now if only I didn't always seem to be low on DP...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000052c87/01007/signature.png]Araniul[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Drathmar View Post
    That would be fun o.o, Id be there as I always am... standing around... firing at the freeps... and then suddenly realizing the rest of the creeps all ran away and im left standing alone out front for the freeps to wail on. Oh well, still fun . Now if only I didn't always seem to be low on DP...
    BA backlines are good targets for the burglar squad I'd move up in the group with those WLs

Good in theory but not in practice... this server lags when 24v24 come into the same area.

I think that this server would crash if theres anything more then 2 or 3 raids out in the same general area, but i like the idea and i think it would be fun even with a great deal of lagg.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000374ab/01007/signature.png]Renamedbor[/charsig]

img src='http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001051a9/signature.png'></img>

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffage0 View Post
    BA backlines are good targets for the burglar squad I'd move up in the group with those WLs
    Lol Im usually in the Middle of the pack or the front, rarely in the back :P. I just tend to get so focused on a target I dont realize when the rest of the creeps back off so im left in front by myself.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000052c87/01007/signature.png]Araniul[/charsig]

would be a nice thing to do. soloing can get boring

Even small groups get boring x_x... as much as I love burg squading, I love the big fights. We had a couple large fights last week.... 30+ players... was smooth for me. I do know the server lag sucks, but could care less. Would be awesome to just get everyone together.

I think Ziir's ziirg it just afraid they'd be wiped up by an equal number of freeps >=D!

Im in!!!!!!
    [center][b][color=red][i]Power[/i][/color] may come and go...But [color=red][i]Greatness[/i][/color] is forever.[/b]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420d0000000e9658/signature.png]Riecker[/charsig]
    [/center]

BotL is more than likely in at least some of us. soo when is this gonna happin?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000007aacf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Firefoot:
    [COLOR=Blue]R7[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/104147/147774362773596879/"]Itzjeff[/URL][/COLOR](Minstrel)finaly back on FF, [COLOR=Blue]R6[/COLOR]-[COLOR=White][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/sweetavenger/"]Sweetavenger[/URL][/COLOR](Champ), [COLOR=Blue]R3[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/104147/147774362774484449/"]Lavalle[/URL][/COLOR](Lore-Master)
    [COLOR=Red]R9[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=White]-[/COLOR][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/104147/147775462285735265/"]Freakjuice[/URL][/COLOR](Reaver), [COLOR=Red]R6[/COLOR]-[COLOR=White][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/falplay/"]Falplay[/URL][/COLOR](Spider), [COLOR=Red]R5[/COLOR]-[COLOR=White][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/itzhealth/"]Itzhealth[/URL][/COLOR](Defiler), [COLOR=Red]R5[COLOR=White]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=White][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/jstalker/"]Jstalker[/URL][/COLOR](Warg), [COLOR=Red]R5[/COLOR]-[COLOR=White][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/warredael/"]Warredael[/URL][/COLOR](Warleader), [COLOR=Red]R4[/COLOR]-[COLOR=White][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/lagster/"]Lagster[/URL][/COLOR](Blackarrow)
    Elendilmir:[COLOR=Blue]
    R6[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/104147/147774362774301868/"]Frumantirii[/URL][/COLOR](Rune-Keeper)
    [COLOR=Red]R4[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/104147/146368087402555703/"]Freeweb[/URL][/COLOR](Spider)

Quote Originally Posted by Miker1060 View Post
    Im in!!!!!!
    Of course you are. Think I'm going out there without my pocket champ?? Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffft.

I guess we mainly need to talk to the kin leaders for both freeps and creeps. It will be up to them to get their kins out there. I'd like to plan it for a couple weeks out from now.. if people are willing to come.. If not we'll just forget it...

Don't want to get all excited about it... then roll out there in all our awesome OP freep glory and only find like 1 green spider, and 2 wargs jumping around in the middle of a field.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffage0 View Post
    I was curious... does anyone remember the huge PvP day we had... way back. I BELIEVE it was before TAO had actually came to LOTRO... so it's been a while back.

All the creeps and all the freeps came out to play one night, at a specific time. Entire kins came out together, even the non-PvPing members showed up. We tried to keep it to open-field fight, away from NPCs... It's kind of hard to do that because once one side starts to lose, they tend to want to retreat to safety... but it was something cool to try for. I believe the freeps got roffelstomped that day. If I remember correctly we ended up getting our server shut down from all the lag we generated, but up to that point it was so much fun. Next day both freeps and creeps posted a lot of really nice screenshots... all was happy and good in the Moors!

Would be fun to do this again some day. Now that the creeps/freeps are a bit more balanced it might be more fun.
    Lol, was this when DCI was running around all with their red cloaks? I seem to remember something like this.
    [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#999999][SIZE=1]Revelations Kin of Firefoot[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]
    R9 Captain | R9 Champ | R9 LM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]R9 Reaver | R8 Warg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Its a complete lagfest when Unforgiven comes out, and you want every single kin in the server to come at the same time?

Creeps would be outnumbered 20 to 1.

Ya good idea, lets all /sign to your /fail.

:P

Ziir, if I wanted to hear an a$$hole.. I'd fart.

I can't remember where I said that I wanted every single kin and freep to come =o? I'm trying really hard to remember now... but just can't seem to recollect any memory of saying that... *Shurg*

But, however, I do applaud your efforts Ziir! *Applause*

I'll talk to a few kin leaders who would most likely seem interested. Ziir wasn't around during the last one we had.. it was a lag fast, but everyone agreed it was epic fun just to see the massive amount of players. Was like a massive get together of the Firefoot community, both creeps and freeps! Those who are interested can feel free to PM me in game
    Last edited by Fluffage0; Apr 15 2009 at 06:30 PM.

* Thinks about Traited Confound* ./drool
    Kantar R9 Champ----- Ntensity R9 BA
    Ryuuske R7 Burg-----Assorted Other Ranked Creeps
    You are better off just calling me Mike.
    Jeff pretty much has my account now

Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLuTeMiKe View Post
    * Thinks about Traited Confound* ./drool
    Indeed! I'd like for like 4 or 5 us burgs just to all trait that and go mischief one night.. We'd play like champions 8D But withe evade and CC and debuffs and no DPS loolol.. Would be a new experience though.

You better come roll with he burg squad more often Ryuu!

Quote Originally Posted by thenoobler View Post
    Its a complete lagfest when Unforgiven comes out, and you want every single kin in the server to come at the same time?

Creeps did fine vs Affliction. And given how many people have quit or stopped playing, they probably had more people then than the server has left now.
    [color=cyan]Ryswald[/color] - 75 Burglar - Revelations - Rank 9 (pre-book 12 rank 6)
    [color=orange]Ragluk[/color] - 75 Stalker - Rank 6
    [color=grey]65 Hunter R5, 61 Loremaster, 48 Champion, 33 WRD, 33 RK, Rank 4 Weaver, Rank 6 Reaver[/color]
    [i]Firefoot Server[/i]

ziir is right though. the majority of people you talk to will go out on freepside. all you will end up with is 3 raids of freeps looking for 1 raid of creeps...who will be sitting in grams. only way this works is if people decide to play creep as well. which most wont. so in the end, its just a dream.
    Fallenhalo lvl75 hunter / Dropdee lvl 75 mini /Takeheart lvl70 captain / Strykingshot lvl 75 champ

Eatininchina warg / Youkilledkenny BA

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstrike View Post
    Creeps did fine vs Affliction. And given how many people have quit or stopped playing, they probably had more people then than the server has left now.
    and the reason the creeps did fine vs affliction is because people played a creep simply to fight affliction after the "i own firefoot" stuff. so with out a freep group that half the server wants to take out i doubt many will choose creep.
    Fallenhalo lvl75 hunter / Dropdee lvl 75 mini /Takeheart lvl70 captain / Strykingshot lvl 75 champ

Eatininchina warg / Youkilledkenny BA

I'd go out as creep if it meant having a better battle. Like I said.. I want to just see a massive battle on a big field. Most everyone has a ranked creep anyways.. That's fine, roll as creeps if you want.. Lets just fight.

We did it before... The freeps out-numbered the creeps then, and we still lost(like I said in the OP)... I think the victory went to the creeps due to the leetness of WLs.

I'm not going to beg anyone to come. Heh, if it doesn't happen that's fine with me. We can go back to the normal fights we've been having, that usually consist of NPC hugging, TA stand offs. I have fun everything with the burglar squad... but if nobody else wants to change it up... that's fine with me

Ok ill try harder to rain on your parade.

you know ahead of time the server will lag out with so mnay freeps in the moors.

you are scared you will show up and no creeps will be on.

you suck at originality cause all u do is run around your burg, it has stifled your thought processes, all that /played time on easymode will do that.

How about this:

1) Suggest to people who have both ranked freeps and creeps, to please start the night out on thier CREEPS, so as to allow a nice timely switch if the numbers are too skewed in favour of the creeps, as one cannot flip the other way (freep-->creep) without a 2hr wait.

2) Either assign specific areas for specific kins to patrol/guard/farm/??/!!/$$ ... of course we will leave the slug pits in your safekeeping... or have a rule of no more than 6man groups when they do come out, as this will spred them out, you can even apply this rule to creeps as well.... both sides are not allowed more than 6 in this group... im sure 90% of the population would go along with it, those who dont wont be able to find more than 6 people anyways cause no one prolly wants to group with thier to begin with.

3) Think of a reward, or a specific goal for the night. something like whoever can prove thier 6man group got eh msot renown/infamy gets a prize or just public acknowledgement of being super-uber.... it will have to be proven with timestamped screenshots of before and after the event of thier war effort page of thier charcter profile ingame.

But i understand if you only wanted a mass zerg vs zerg chaotic fight, so that you and your squad can run around killing the lagged out souls in the back, would seem right up your easy-mode alley to think this up while stealthed in HH camping your cooldowns.

/cheers to your classiness!!

Oh and creeps did just fine vs Affliction cause affliction sucked and were all new to the moors while all the good pvp'ers on the server rolled thier creeps cause they saw easy infamy flow on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by thenoobler View Post

you say this same lame **** every time any kin puts out that they wanna full on war.

upgrade your computer man!

tappin, i can probably saywe'll lay a few hands to the task.
    GK - "But whether he slept or not I dare not Say; he could have remembered many
    Things. Yet let him lie as he will, His adventure ringing In his ears."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast