We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Laptop for lotro

Just wanted to toss in that ...

1. PC Torque is a great Clevo reseller in the States.

2. Hypersonic-PC is another. I mention them because they have great artists that can do a custom paint job ... for the money. They also have a good no-dead pixel guarantee. (Which is important to consider; many vendors have differing definitions of *no* dead pixels. Some it is ten, others five or three, very few have zero. Though all charge a bit for the zero level guarantee.)

3. Notebookforums.com has a great laptop community. Name the vendor and there is a community there for it. (Even Macs!)
    [CENTER]Waiting to see what Volume Three brings.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000024a0/01008/signature.png]Nimmiel[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

GATEWAY FX SERIES best bang for buck on planet
    [COLOR=red][CENTER]ABSent for a LONG TIME
    thinking of coming back :)[/CENTER]
    [/COLOR]

I absolutley love optical mice. I can put the laptop on my lap or on a board or something then just run the mouse around on the sheet, or on a fat flat arm of the comfy chair I'm sitting in or wherever. Heh, mouse pad? Who needs them? The whole world is my mouse pad.

Of course, when I'm sitting at a desk, I just use the desk as my mouspad.
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back. He kept the pony.

Great thread but dated. I'm looking for a LAPTOP that can run LOTRO on max settings at 1280 X 800 and 11 to 16 inch screen is just fine. Battery life it not an issue. I have a custom built monster PC with over 20,000 3dMark06 but want a nice experience well on travel in hotel of the like.

Based on my research I believe the following would run LOTRO per my requirement no problem:

ASUS N61JQ-X1 Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz) 16" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 NoteBook

Asus N61JQ-X1 - Dark Brown (I run 3DMark06 on this and got 7,950 in store)

The problem is both of these are $999

I'm hoping these are overkill for LOTRO per my requirements and hoping I can get a laptop for about $500 to $600. I have several laptops identified in this range with dedicated GPU but I'm looking for someone with personal experience or evidence of a laptop in this price range can meet my requirements above.

Many thanks !!!!!!
    Last edited by Loraxx; Apr 29 2010 at 09:02 PM.

The best bang for the buck to run on highest settings IMHO is the new Top line gateway FX series ... They rock I bought 3 of them after months of research
    [COLOR=red][CENTER]ABSent for a LONG TIME
    thinking of coming back :)[/CENTER]
    [/COLOR]

Thanks for feedback and those are nice laptops for the money but what Im looking for is first hand experience playing LOTRO on a 2010 $500 to $600 laptop at max. settings in 1280 X 800.

Thanks

I bought an Alienware M17x (through Dell) for "work" but I use it at home during the evenings to game on. It's quite amazing. I upgraded the RAM and vid card, and had about $2,400 in it. HIGHLY recommended if you've got the money. You can also customize the backlighted colors on the keyboard, etc

The 17" screen blows away my gaming desktop.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/noteb...s&cs=19&~ck=mn

copy & paste this w/o the quotes "http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/notebooks/laptop-alienware-m17x/pd.aspx?refid=laptop-alienware-m17x&s=dhs&cs=19&~ck=mn"

Hmmm, if the link doesn't work, just go to Dell's site ---> home user ---> Laptops ---> Alienware ;-)
    Last edited by jaxe; Apr 29 2010 at 11:43 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000014bfa/01005/signature.png]Jaxey[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Loraxx View Post
    Great thread but dated. I'm looking for a LAPTOP that can run LOTRO on max settings at 1280 X 800 and 11 to 16 inch screen is just fine. Battery life it not an issue. I have a custom built monster PC with over 20,000 3dMark06 but want a nice experience well on travel in hotel of the like.

Based on my research I believe the following would run LOTRO per my requirement no problem:

ASUS N61JQ-X1 Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz) 16" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 NoteBook

Asus N61JQ-X1 - Dark Brown (I run 3DMark06 on this and got 7,950 in store)

The problem is both of these are $999

I'm hoping these are overkill for LOTRO per my requirements and hoping I can get a laptop for about $500 to $600. I have several laptops identified in this range with dedicated GPU but I'm looking for someone with personal experience or evidence of a laptop in this price range can meet my requirements above.

Many thanks !!!!!!
    Actually, go find a refurbished Asus G50vt-x5. I use one, and I run LOTRO at max settings with no less than 20fps minimum, and that's a rarity. Most places I get 50+, and in solitude it is well over 100fps. A great laptop, and I've seen refurbs go for $500-600 online, if you can find them.

Thanks everyone for the information. It will help make my choice and I'm still on the fence.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3