We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lothlorien repeatable quests

Since it seems that LOTR has opted for something similar to the daily quests in WOW for the Lothlorien area I thought I would try to compile a list of the repeatable quests inside Lothlorien and Caras Galadhon that provide silver branches and gold leaves as well as Galadhrim rep. If you come across any others please feel free to add them to this list.

Cerin Amroth
    Stark Colours
    3 silver branches

Singing to Saplings
    3 silver branches

Spirits in Bloom (also on the talan, I think)
    3 silver branches

The Vineyard
    A Revel too Far
    3 silver branches
    Everyone's favorite quest; its really quite easy once you know what to look for.

Talan Fanduihol
    Consistent Harassment
    3 silver branches

NOTE: there used to be a quest at the vineyards called Anduin Patrol that was very bugged and has since been removed; same goes with the defence quest at Talan Fanduihol. No idea if these will come back at some point.

Caras Galadhon
    NB: You will need to have sufficient rep to get inside the city for these.
    Lothlorien Preparation I, II, III, IV
    3 silver branches each
    2 of these, (I and III I think) are just running supplies, one from Talan Galadhrim to the gates of Caras Galadhon and one from the gates to Talan Fanduihol. The others involve going into Moria and getting some battle plans from just about any orcs there and killing 15 orcs in the instances.

Battle of Lorien
    NB: Your server needs to complete the preparation quests 600 times before the Battle opens up, much like finding the ring-lore before MoM came out. Also, this instance is much like the battles in Angmar defending Aughaire but instead of only doing defense you need to go out and destroy some idols. Once you've got the rhythm down it should flow pretty well.
    3 gold leaves

Once you have completed the Battle one time new quests will open up as challenges. I haven't done much with these yet but they also give
    3 gold leaves

So there you have it; silver branches in abundance but nary a gold leaf in sight until you get the Battle of Lorien opened up so my advice would be to save all your gold leaves as your are doing the non-repeatable quests throughout Lothlorien.
    Last edited by maetharim; Mar 27 2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: incorrect information
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000001d6c/01007/signature.png]Eldir[/charsig]

Re: Lothlorien repeatable quests

Pretty sure "Forms for the Formless" and "Searching for Eagles" are non-repeatable.
    [color=teal]Officer and Co-Founding Member,[/color] [url=http://www.kismetbp.com]Ring of Destiny[/url]
    [color=silver]Gladden server[/color]
    [i][color=yellow]Á auta mornië! i cala tula lennar! ("Flee, darkness! The light comes upon you!")[/color][/i]

after careful testing (all of about 5 minutes) it has been determined that forms from the formless is indeed repeatable but searching for eagles is not. thanks for pointing this one out
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000001d6c/01007/signature.png]Eldir[/charsig]

Hmm. "Forms from Formlessness" isn't repeatable for me. I did the initial quest from Thavronwë (Shapes from Shapelessness) and this one was the follow-up. But he never displayed a quest ring after that again.
    [i][color=#dbb953]"Yet there may be a light beyond the darkness; and if so, I would have you see it and be glad."[/color][/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Linwen View Post
    Hmm. "Forms from Formlessness" isn't repeatable for me. I did the initial quest from Thavronwë (Shapes from Shapelessness) and this one was the follow-up. But he never displayed a quest ring after that again.
    Same for me. I could have sworn it had a repeatable sign on the quest, but I have not been able to get it back since completing it.
    [center][url=http://my.lotro.com/character/vilya/empalas/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000004a83b/01008/signature.png]Empalas[/charsig][/url]
    [color=red]Empalas Silencebreaker[/color], Minstrel Extraordinaire
    [color=yellow]Antien Brightspeaker[/color] - 63 Rune-keeper ---- [color=yellow]Malathiros Starseeker[/color] - 65 Lore-master
    [url=http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=178855&TabID=1513145]Rangers of Evendim[/url][/center]

"Forms of the Formless" definitely NOT repeatable for me. Two different characters, neither one has gotten a quest ring to repeat it. This is several days after completing it the first time on each of those characters.

So far I've only seen one person claim to be able to repeat it; could someone else at least confirm that they have been able to repeat it as well? There could be a bug operating here where some people aren't getting the option and others are.
    [color=teal]Officer and Co-Founding Member,[/color] [url=http://www.kismetbp.com]Ring of Destiny[/url]
    [color=silver]Gladden server[/color]
    [i][color=yellow]Á auta mornië! i cala tula lennar! ("Flee, darkness! The light comes upon you!")[/color][/i]

Huh, sorry about the misinformation there but I know I did Forms from the Formless twice. Not sure what the deal is but its definitely not repeatable for me now. Everything else checks out though and it would be nice of Turbine if they threw a few more of these quests our way.

Caras Galadhon
    NB: You will need to have sufficient rep to get inside the city for these.
    Lothlorien Preparation I, II, III, IV
    3 silver branches each
    2 of these, (I and III I think) are just running supplies, one from Talan Galadhrim to the gates of Caras Galadhon and one from the gates to Talan Fanduihol. The others involve going into Moria and getting some battle plans from just about any orcs there and killing 15 orcs in the instances.

When you get the repeatable quest to kill the orc smiths and destroy the weapons, you can also collect the battle plans at the same time, no need to go into Moria for those. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000001579/01008/signature.png]Niewen[/charsig]
    1 Twinfall Path, Celous Glorui

Quote Originally Posted by maetharim View Post
    Huh, sorry about the misinformation there but I know I did Forms from the Formless twice. Not sure what the deal is but its definitely not repeatable for me now. Everything else checks out though and it would be nice of Turbine if they threw a few more of these quests our way.
    Almost all of the repeatable quests work this way. Like the repeatable one for the Malbrethil trees, it goes:

Malbrethil Saplings --> Songs for Saplings (involves singing) --> Birch-mother --> Singing to Saplings (repeatable) (involves singing).

All of the repeatable ones have a previous non-repeatable version (explaining why you could have done it twice). This is one of the major reasons I thought Forms from Formlessness should have been repeatable
    [center][url=http://my.lotro.com/character/vilya/empalas/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000004a83b/01008/signature.png]Empalas[/charsig][/url]
    [color=yellow]Antien Brightspeaker[/color] - 63 Rune-keeper ---- [color=yellow]Malathiros Starseeker[/color] - 65 Lore-master
    [url=http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=178855&TabID=1513145]Rangers of Evendim[/url][/center]

One very important thing to keep in mind is that you can purchase a Lothlorien Gold Leaf by exchanging 3 Iron Garrison Tokens to any of the three Ghaladrim outside of the crafting instances. You get 1 token per quest, and there are 6 quests at the 3 areas, which means that you can get 18 Iron Garrison Tokens a day to turn in for a total of 6 Lothlorien Gold Leaf.

And I believe that the battle for Lorien is 2 Gold Leaf, rather than 3.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000040892/01002/signature.png]Alexilia[/charsig]

The Legendary Battle Challenge, which is basically completing Sentinel's Challenge 1, 2, and 3 all in one session, is a 5 gold leaf reward.

Fainduhol Skirmish actually works once in a blue moon (maybe after server resets), I have had this quest work once out of about a dozen tries.
    Not all those who wander are lost. They might be working on one of their exploration deeds.
    The new forums stink on ice. Let others follow them who can.

Dont forget the quests you get before going into the main forest, there are 4 of them and they are repeatable. Also, there are some quests up in the trees that arent readily apparent if you dont explore them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zutan View Post
    Dont forget the quests you get before going into the main forest, there are 4 of them and they are repeatable. Also, there are some quests up in the trees that arent readily apparent if you dont explore them all.
    Those just reward reputation, I don't think you get any branches from them.
    Not all those who wander are lost. They might be working on one of their exploration deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by MysterX View Post
    Those just reward reputation, I don't think you get any branches from them.
    You get money. Reputation. For under 60 crowd, about 6,955 XP. Each time you do them
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Is there a consilidated list anywhere on what to spend your branches and leaves on? I'm at about 140 silver branches in my inventory at the moment and having already bought the cosmetic and housing items that I want, I'm not sure what to do with them. I'm pretty well stocked on potions and consumables and don't like crafting.
    ~ Mithril Crowns, Elendilmir ~
    Parko (65) Hobbit Minstrel
    1 Chalk Road, Whitwich, The Shire

If you don't want to craft and are set on housing stuff, that basically leaves you with the new Minstrel instruments, the new jewelry sets, and the delightfully mediocre Gift Boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by WitchKingNazgul9 View Post
    If you don't want to craft and are set on housing stuff, that basically leaves you with the new Minstrel instruments, the new jewelry sets, and the delightfully mediocre Gift Boxes.
    Yes, but the instruments aren't very impressive and the Jewelry and Gift Boxes require Gold Leaves. Oh well, I guess I'll stash them in the bank for now.
    ~ Mithril Crowns, Elendilmir ~
    Parko (65) Hobbit Minstrel
    1 Chalk Road, Whitwich, The Shire

Quote Originally Posted by MithrilSoul View Post
    "Forms of the Formless" definitely NOT repeatable for me. Two different characters, neither one has gotten a quest ring to repeat it. This is several days after completing it the first time on each of those characters.

So far I've only seen one person claim to be able to repeat it; could someone else at least confirm that they have been able to repeat it as well? There could be a bug operating here where some people aren't getting the option and others are.
    It's repeatable to me. It gives Item Experience, so I wrote it down

Quote Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
    It's repeatable to me. It gives Item Experience, so I wrote it down
    It was fixed in the last update (and Mith's post was from before it was fixed)
    Edit: they also fixed Anduin Patrol repeatable quest.

I'd like an opinion, please. If I were to have put together what I believe to be a complete, updated and detailed list of all the repeatable quests in Lothlorien ... should I post it here or simply start a new thread? On the one hand the list I put together is rather lengthy and involved and I'm afraid no one would find it in this thread. On the other hand I don't want to look like an attention hog or break forum protocol.

To the OP, I mean no disrespect to you or the work you did in putting together your list. But the quests are spread out over several posts and I think some have been added since the last patch. I made a list for myself and my kin and I'd like to share the results...nothing more. So I ask you and anyone else who may be reading...would it be bad form to simply start a new thread on this subject?

I'd like an opinion, please. If I were to have put together what I believe to be a complete, updated and detailed list of all the repeatable quests in Lothlorien ... should I post it here or simply start a new thread? On the one hand the list I put together is rather lengthy and involved and I'm afraid no one would find it in this thread. On the other hand I don't want to look like an attention hog, break forum protocol or dismiss the work that you guys did.

To the OP, I mean no disrespect to you or your list. However, the quests are spread out over several posts now and I think some have been added since the last patch. I made a list for myself and my kin and I'd like to share the results...nothing more. So I ask you and anyone else who may be reading...would it be bad form to simply start a new thread on this subject?

I don't even keep them written down, just have them memorized (those that give silver branches or gold leaves):

2 at Vinyards (revelers and anduin patrol)
    2 at Fanuidhol (orc smiths and the skirmish)
    4 at Cerin Amroth (chalk & berries, birch & stone, flowers, tree singing)
    4+2 at CG (I through IV, BoL, and BoL Sentinel Challenges)

That makes it easy to run every day, just count up how many you've done where and move on. If you did them all (if the Sentinel Challenges weren't currently broken), you'd get 32 silver branches and 5 gold leaves from these each day. As someone else mentioned in the thread, do all the crafting instance quests in Moria to get another 6 gold leaves/day.

p.s. If you still needed Loth rep, you could add the 4 repeatable quests at and near EA...but those don't give item xp or silver/gold tokens.
    Last edited by Angadan; Aug 19 2009 at 09:11 AM.

Repeatable Galadhrim Quest Chain
    (These ARE all repeatable for me, even if you are getting the middle pointy finger for the same quest)

Maybe this will help anyone trying to increase their Galadhrim faction.
    This is not optimized for Silver branches, just faction.
    Some portions of this chain may not give branches.

This walkthrough requires access to most of the stable masters in Lothlorien.
    If you have not completed the other "single" run quests for Galadhrim faction I reccomend doing that first.
    This should give enough faction to enter caras Galadhon and run the "single" quests there.

I always complete the quests during this chain as I am near them, this is not always the most effecient time wise.
    However, I never know when i will get Fruit of my Loin spawn, Wife aggro, or that nefarious Real Life MOB shows up...

This chain assumes interior access to Caras Galadhon, If not skip down to "***Ride to Carin Amroth"
    If you can't get past the Nimrodel, except as a pin-cushion, please recall back to the 21st hall where you belong!

Starting at Caras Galadhon near bank on the flet Platform
    Get delivery quest (lothlorien prep IV) (15.7,67.8)
    deliver to front gate (16.1,67.1)(700F)

get 2 quests at front gate (16.1,67.1), after finishing delivery
    (Lothlorien prep 1)
    (Lothlorien prep 3)

go "outside" Caras Galadhon, get crate at bottom of stairs, carry to Carin Amroth

follow Caras Galadhon around the perimeter until you can make a straight shot to the marker near Carin Nauth.
    This is so you wont have to waste time finding a way up the wall.

make delivery (500F)
    ***Ride to Carin Amroth
    Get quests (Stark Colours and Singing to saplings) at Carin Amroth, below tree.

Get quests from Flet platform (forms from formlessness and spirits in bloom)

Collect flowers at Carin Amroth which will open up delivery.
    Unless you just enjoy the challenge, make sure to "turn down" the weeds and ground clutter for this portion. It makes it so much easier to find the flowers.
    Ride to Talan Fanuidhol, make sure to talk to Othir (Scholar of the trees) near horse when passing. (I bet he's compensating for something...)

Give flower to Bahanneth on Flet Platform.
    Ride down hill past Cerin Nauth, collet berries staring at 12.9S, 69.7W,

Ride past the stable master, begin collecting chalk at 10.9s, 68.3W

Ride to Cerin Amroth, turn in quest (forms from formlessness). (700F)

Ride to nearby stable master.

Take stable horse to Echad Andestel.

Talk to ambendel in Echad Andestel (deliver flower)
    Get two quests from camp (14.2, 73.0)
    Aiding the Elves III
    Aiding the Elves IV

Collect Filth and arrows from the banks of the river starting at 14.1 72.8
    You will be able to collect all the filth, but will have to cross the river to get the remaining arrows.
    Collect the remaining arrow around (15.9,72.5).

Ride to Talan Haldir and get two quests from the Flet Platform. (16.2, 73.4)
    Aiding the Elves I
    Aiding the Elves II

Ride Back to Echad Andestel and advance quests (at 14.2, 73)

Grab your almost new arrows next to Celeguien and run for Mekhem-bizru.
    Don't stop!

Deliver arrows to meredhrandir at 11.7 78.6, (700F).

Run up the hill starting at 11.3 78.8.
    continue up the hill, killing any orcs.
    Burn the barricades at (10.9, 79.1), at (10.5, 79.1) and at (10.2, 79.1).
    Continue up the hill and collect the weapon from the rack at (9.4, 78.9)
    Ride back down the hill, past mekhem-Bizru toward uruk gashan.
    Kill any orc waylayers as you see them, you only need 4.

While you are in this area completing your objectives you should have no problem collecting:
    5 battle plans
    10 orc killed
    Use the fire 12.9, 77.6, This is not the only fire in the area, just the one i use.
    The 2 remaining baracades and 3 racks are in the area just around the fire as well.

Get the remaining rack at dru gamadh, just to the right of the gate inside the encampement.
    You may need some help clearing if you are not a fighting class.

Ride, or take the stable horse back to Echad Andestel.
    Complete the quest with Dindirith (at 14.2, 73.0) (700F)

Ride to Talan Haldir (16.2, 73.4) (back across the river where you got the remaining arrow)
    Complete the 2 quests on the Flet Platform. (700F, 700F)

Ride back to Ecadand use the stable master to ride to The vinyards.

Get the quest from farasdur at (18.3, 64.1) (Andun Patrol)

Ride to Maliriel at 17.2, 64.0, give her the flower
    If it is night you can do "A Revel too far", it requires some standing around, so I will leave it up to you.
    If it is not dark, dont wait around.
    If completed a Revel too far (700F)

Ride along the River starting at (16.8,63.8) heading N following the water.
    Squishy classes/finger wagglers should be careful when approaching the 4 patrol points.
    Occasionally you can spawn a Giant Anduin lizard (61 signature, 7K hp), as well as occasional orc or crebain.

When passing Gworast, 12.9, 62.7 stop to collect stone.
    Be careful of the little protected piggies. Some of The BIG PIGS will attack without provocation, but the little ones will scratch a bit.
    If you are maxed faction and kill a "protected", you will drop down by a small number of points (and loose your standing)
    The number lost is ususally 10 or less and is easily fixed by simply completing one of the quests you are currently working on.
    BEWARE- if you are wearing Lothlorian jewlery that requires maxed standings, it will get kicked to your inventory if you loose faction.
    Again, nothing to worry about, as it is easily fixed, but something that should be mentioned.
    (and fixed if you ask me, you should be able to build up some points about the max level, but thats just me)

When you have reached the last patrol point Head NorthWest to Cerin Brethil (10.4, 63.9)

Look for the flashing trees to /sing to, as well as birch wood on the ground.
    Tree 10.7, 63.7
    Tree 10.4, 63.8
    Tree 10.4, 64.1
    Tree 10.1, 64.3
    I beleive the there are more than 4 trees, I have only marked 4 however.
    When you are done doing Opera for the trees, collect 6 seeds from nearby Shrews.
    Watch out for Eyas, they are protected and will result in a small loss to faction. (Protected, same as the piggies)

Pat yourself on the back for beating up poor hungry shrews and head to The Peaceful Glade (12.0, 64.9)
    Talk to Sendel and complete Singin to Saplings (700F)

Ride to Cerwin Amroth.
    Climb the ladder and complete the 2 quests there. (700F. 700F)

Take the Stable master to the Vinyards.
    Complete the Anduin Patrol (500F)

Take Stable master or ride to the last stop Caras Galadhon
    Go just inside the gate and complete the quest (Lothlorien Preparations I) (500F)

This should bring you full circle, where you can start again the next day and do it all again!
    Yeah memories!
    Last edited by Trek_203; Nov 10 2009 at 09:57 AM.

I would love the OP to put in a note into the first post saying "I haven't maintained this thread I started but go to ^^^ post and read it.

Well done.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000163baa/01005/signature.png]Tastee[/charsig]
    60 Captain (KSM Woodworker) - 60 Hunter (KSM Jeweller/SM Cook) - 3x Guardian (KSM Scholar) - 2x Loremaster (KSM Tailor) - 7 Warden (KSM Weaponsmith)
    2 Toons to 60 and I don't think I can stomach another level up. Left to play WoW

Nice list of info, thanks! I've been looking for a list of the repeatables.
    Account Management English Phone Support is available by calling (781) 407-4020. The hours are:
    Monday through Friday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM Eastern
    Weekend Coverage: 12:00 Noon to 9:00 PM Eastern

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast