We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tin where to find?

All I have seen is Copper, not one Tin node. In Erid Luin area (sp?), not looking for someone to give their omg secret spot but are there particualr areas where you can go tto get it or is it just random? Tried mining and then going back for respawn.
    Last edited by Ghosttaker; Mar 19 2009 at 01:32 PM.

Re: Tin where to find?

Pretty random, but SUPER cheap on the AH if you really need it.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019c476/signature.png]Swijaroni[/charsig][SIZE="1"]
    [COLOR="CYAN"][b]Brandywine : [/b]Swiiv 65 | Swij 65 | Swijr 65 | Swijaroni 74 | Juspleen 50 | Juspleeny 38 | Duuhh 38[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER][/SIZE]

Tin is the "rare" spawn for copper. There is no special place to get it; just keep mining all the copper you see and eventually some will spawn.

Bumping, because I just spent what seemed like forever having my prospector farm bronze for my weaponsmith. I tell you, if I'd been longer in the game and had a level60, I'd buy the tin from the AH instead of farming it, since tin is really rare.

I tried farming in Ered Luin, but wasn't satisfied with the number of spawns in general. I thought that the Marsh area seemed to have closer spawns. Tin and copper share the same spawn sites, so if you can walk in a circle, you can refarm the areas you did a few minutes ago. I started out in Chetwood, then walked around the Marsh for about 5 or 6 turns. I mined the copper, and hoped that the next time I made a pass around the same area, I'd find tin instead.

I found that walking around the Marsh helped keep me from going nuts, as I could see each lap as a kind of progress.
    Old Timers Guild Member
    Caution: New Minstrel Player -- Not responsible for your death!

The marsh above and chetwood are good locations and try the Shire as well. A lot of nodes spawn there so you will eventually get a bit of tin.
    O Elvenking! … Merry be the Greenwood while the world is yet young and merry be all your folk!

I look for copper and find a lot of tin. Maybe we are running the same loop?

Quote Originally Posted by LANLORD View Post
    I look for copper and find a lot of tin. Maybe we are running the same loop?
    Let's trade <3

A stack of 50 Tin Ore is going for 500s on Landroval..... outrageous if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    All I have seen is Copper, not one Tin node. In Erid Luin area (sp?), not looking for someone to give their omg secret spot but are there particualr areas where you can go tto get it or is it just random? Tried mining and then going back for respawn.
    Erid Luin kind of sucks for ore IMHO.

I sent my dwarf metalsmith and my dwarf weaponsmith to Rushock Bog in the Shire. Fgure out the spawn points, and keep harvesting sooner or later the good stuff shows up
    [url=www.oldtimersguild.com]The Old Timers Guild[/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000fdb54/signature.png]Almund[/charsig]

I'm finding the same issue and hope that with the rebalancing act that was done for tier 1 that enouhg consideration was put into thought that maybe, just MAYBE, thing will have to change. The previous ratio of copper to tin for tin bars has obviously changed, and with good reason and it is about time. I would like to think that Turbine is in the process of re-evaluating the need for more tin veins or at least drastically increasing the frequency of rich tin veins,

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    If you want to find tin, head to the shire. There is a lot more ore in the shire than in Erid Liun. At least on my server, tin goes for pretty outrageous amounts (very close to mount money by level 21 amounts). Quest heavily in the shire and let no node go unmined. Also, realize that taking horse travel represents a large opportunity cost of not mining. You will be questing in the shire until you outlevel the place by a pretty large amount (I finished up in the shire at 17 or 18) so don't bother taking roads-run through the middle of fields to get resource nodes other players are missing.

Work on griding out your deeds in the corners of the zone. As another player suggested, the blog has a bunch of ore spots and you can grind your slugs at the same time. However, the fields of the shire do have lots of ore in general-work on completing your quest deeds and you will collect a bunch of ore.

I feel sorry for any profession who has to use bronze to level. Bronze bars go for outrageous amounts. Finally, make sure you mine all the copper nodes as well. Keep in mind that people pay to level professions so ore will frequently sell for more than bars will-it will vary by the server/day of the week.

I have seen a lot of user created maps for various things and I think a crafting resource map would be really helpful. Not sure one exists but maybe turbine should look into making one of these so that crafting isn't just about wandering around randomly until you find resources.
    R.I.P. Nidor of Brandywine (1970-2012)

Aliwen (hunter) / Valandra (Minstrel) / Alile (Captain) / Aliela (Lore-Master)
    Pew pewing on Brandywine since January 26, 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Baryn2 View Post
    A stack of 50 Tin Ore is going for 500s on Landroval..... outrageous if you ask me.
    I checked the auction house last nite and stacks of 25 tin were selling for 500 silver!

Rushock Bog in the Shire's a good spot. Unfortuantely the change to the way bronze works made tin go from worthless to hawt. Turbine apparently gave little to no thought to ore distribution when they made the change and it seems to be a mistake to not have picked up the tin spawn rate slightly.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000019f1/01001/signature.png]Dorgrim[/charsig]
    Legion of the Fallen of the Brandywine server [url]lofkin.guildlaunch.com/[/url]

Unhappy Re: Tin where to find?

My Metalsmith alt cries for tin....T__T

...and yes, the prices for tin are crazy...=/
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000011570f/01008/signature.png]Nightwatch[/charsig]
    "[...] no really, put the energy drink down... that's it... lay your head on the keyboard and let your face type something entertaining while you snooze a little... there ya go..." - jwbarry, Content Designer, Skirmishes

whew.. i thought i was the only one having a rough time finding tin deposits, at least now i know where to look...

Quote Originally Posted by Aranarth_Elessar View Post
    Erid Luin sucks for ore and wood
    Corrected it for you

Best place for me in the past was always Ruschok Bog just south of Needlehole for T1 items (wood and ore). Was just running around there this weekend (75 quests in Shire to get traits FTW!) and I noticed a fair amount of Tin nodes.
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by snoman123 View Post
    Rushock Bog in the Shire's a good spot. Unfortuantely the change to the way bronze works made tin go from worthless to hawt. Turbine apparently gave little to no thought to ore distribution when they made the change and it seems to be a mistake to not have picked up the tin spawn rate slightly.
    On a different note: At least they did bump up the silver spawn areas. Unfortunately, Tin took its place.

[imho]
    [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Silverlode: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/Silverlode/Cohl"]Cohl[/URL] [COLOR=Black]- 75 Champion | [/COLOR][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/Silverlode/Bobwine"]Bobwine[/URL] [COLOR=Black]- 75 Captain | [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1083548/145522562960766081/"]Biyts[/URL] - 66 Minstrel
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

If you do head into Rushock bog with your low level toon, watch out for Mangemaw on the hill near the bridge, He only spawns when level 60's with his quest come into the area, but watch out as a level 60 wolf will find tasty hobbit snacks a nice last meal and I believe his agro calculations will prefer you if you are near.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000163baa/01005/signature.png]Tastee[/charsig]
    60 Captain (KSM Woodworker) - 60 Hunter (KSM Jeweller/SM Cook) - 3x Guardian (KSM Scholar) - 2x Loremaster (KSM Tailor) - 7 Warden (KSM Weaponsmith)
    2 Toons to 60 and I don't think I can stomach another level up. Left to play WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    If you do head into Rushock bog with your low level toon, watch out for Mangemaw on the hill near the bridge, He only spawns when level 60's with his quest come into the area, but watch out as a level 60 wolf will find tasty hobbit snacks a nice last meal and I believe his agro calculations will prefer you if you are near.
    I ran by his spot a few times (slug-squasher ftw) and never saw him, tho I did see a couple of L60s hanging around (probably waiting for re-pop). Would be interesting to see what the wolf's aggro radius is when encountering a pre-l35 or so.
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

I was trying to gather mats for my freshly created weaponsmith over the weekend. So, I figured Rushock Bog as that has been the best location for me to find tin in the past. By the time I had gathered 100 copper ore I still only had 18 tin.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000126fcf/01001/signature.png]Nimmli[/charsig]

well at least it is not me having a hard time looking for tin,wonder if turbine will sort the spawn rate out.

I wish Turbine would fix the tin issue myself. I get anywhere from 2-5 copper off of a copper node but only 1 ore from the majority of tin nodes I find. Makes the metalsmith and weaponsmith professions almost unbearable.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520300000008e1c4/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    Yes the wolf will go for a lower level character over a level 60, I have seen this happen.

As for the amount of tin produced per tin node versus amount of copper produced per copper node, it is completely random.

Used to be tin was ignored so it seemed there was more of it spawning. But now it is highly desired, so it is also being farmed.

You just gotta be willing to spend the time, and COLLECT THE OTHER ORE TOO! That simple rule seems to be unlearnable by so many, as is seen in Eregion where the tin is ignored. Besides, copper is still selling well, for around 250 silver for a 50 stack.

I just have trouble paying the 2gp someone wanted for 100 tin ores I saw on the AH....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast