We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: "True" Westron

"True" Westron

So I was reading the appenidix of Return of the King and I was looking through the last section where Tolkien explains how he "translated" westron to english for the purposes of the book. I'm wondering if he ever tried to put down a more comprehensive version of this language besides the few words he lists in the Return of the King. So anyone out there have any information on the true language of the hobbits?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000000dc9/01001/signature.png]Alvis[/charsig]
    Train hard, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins because Alvismania is coming to get you!

Re: "True" Westron

Hooray for Ardalambion: http://folk.uib.no/hnohf/

See the link under Westron.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Garamond]* * *
    [/FONT][/I][FONT=Palatino Linotype]"From without the World, though all things may be forethought in music or foreshown in vision from afar, to those who enter verily into Eä each in its time shall be met at unawares as something new and unforetold."[/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

cool, looks interesting, I'll check it out
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000000dc9/01001/signature.png]Alvis[/charsig]
    Train hard, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins because Alvismania is coming to get you!

BeB, you made me waste my whole workday by introducing Ardalambion.

But I thank you!

Make sure to read his treatment of the Akallabeth in 'movie format'. It's something that I would definitely pay to see, although he hasn't finished it yet.
    [B][COLOR=red]Turn[/COLOR] - Guardian
    [COLOR=red]Balandolen[/COLOR] - Lore-master
    [COLOR=red]Turnholm[/COLOR] - Minstrel

[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by MataTahu View Post
    BeB, you made me waste my whole workday by introducing Ardalambion.

But I thank you!

Make sure to read his treatment of the Akallabeth in 'movie format'. It's something that I would definitely pay to see, although he hasn't finished it yet.
    Haha, you're welcome. :P

I read the Akallabeth movie outline a long time ago on another site, but never realized it was the same person behind both. It's definitely an epic read, though IIRC he's a bit on the, uh, optimistic side about the nature of movie studios.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Garamond]* * *
    [/FONT][/I][FONT=Palatino Linotype]"From without the World, though all things may be forethought in music or foreshown in vision from afar, to those who enter verily into Eä each in its time shall be met at unawares as something new and unforetold."[/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by BIGeyedBUG View Post
    optimistic side about the nature of movie studios.
    Yes, I know. It's unfortunate. I guess I'll just have to win the lottery, become a self-supporting producer/director and do it myself.
    [B][COLOR=red]Turn[/COLOR] - Guardian
    [COLOR=red]Balandolen[/COLOR] - Lore-master
    [COLOR=red]Turnholm[/COLOR] - Minstrel

[/B]

Oh dear... Well here goes a couple more hours of my life *starts studying furiously*

Thanks for the linky
    ~Officer of the Black Knight Brotherhood (BKB) on Elendilmir~
    ~Herudraug, Hound of Barahish. Rank 4 Warg on Elendilmir~
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000001cd8/signature.png]Darron[/charsig]
    Not all those who wander are lost. Just me. Now where did that refrigerator get to?