We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

It was fun while it lasted...

But I think I've had enough. Have spent HOURS downloading the Free Trial, with more downloading in my future stretching out as far as the eye can see (because now it's downloading the FULL GAME). But I just get an error message when I try to log in with the Download Manager. Have spent hours researching, but no fixes or solutions offered to date by LOTRO have worked, and I'm not willing to wait around FOR DAYS while the TDM downloads the FULL GAME onto my computer. So while I was really excited about exploring this virtual world and maybe paying a monthly subscription for it, I think I'm done. Bad code is just not worth the headache. Happy for those of you who somehow got in though. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Bato65; Mar 15 2009 at 05:24 PM.

Re: It was fun while it lasted...

I'm having the same issue. When i try to log on it says that my trial is expired, but I just started it today. I'm just waiting another... 4 hours to see if downloading the whole game helps. Anybody have any help to offer?

It is MUCH faster to download the full client here:http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/lotro.sup....asp?kbid=1554

Scroll down to STEP 1 and just download the whole thing.

Turbine based on the numerous post with TDM issues, please scrap it. It is only annoying potential customers and I'm tired of seeing the post.
    We just tell them to download the full client anyway.

Okay, well i have now downloaded the entire thing, and it still says that my account is somehow expired. it says that i created the account this summer at some point, and then it expired, but i just made it today....

You probably have 2 trials, one from this summer and one recently. If you contact the Account Management department they will be happy to try to assist.
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @LOTRO