We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Call of Guthwine

-Sword of Éomer. Éomer wielded Gúthwinë throughout the War of the Ring.

Éomer had been imprisoned on the authority of Gríma Wormtongue, and when he was released he asked Hama to bring Guthwine to him. Eomer offered his sword to Theoden, and when the King grasped the hilt it seemed as though firmness and strength returned to him.

Éomer and Aragorn drew their swords together at the Battle of Helm's Deep and fought to defend the gates of the Hornburg.
    The swords flashed from the sheath as one.
    "Gúthwinë!" cried Éomer. "Gúthwinë for the Mark!"
    "Andúril!" cried Aragorn. "Andúril for the Dunédain!"
    The Two Towers: "Helm's Deep," p. 139

At the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, when others despaired at the approach of the black-sailed ships of the Corsairs, Éomer raised Gúthwinë to defy them. But then he laughed and threw his sword into the air and sang as he caught it, for the standard of Aragorn was revealed on the foremost ship. The two friends met in the middle of the battlefield and leaned on their swords and were glad.

Names & Etymology:
    Gúthwinë means "battle friend" from the Old English guð meaning "battle, war" and winë meaning "friend."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    We have heard whispers that you might be seeking a new home. Gúthwinë could be the answer you seek. We are a very active kinship that has weekly events, gatherings, and hunts. We are seeking like minded individuals and are willing to take those whom are new to our ways and teach them. If you wish to receive further details please contact any of our esteemed officers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC STATS:
    -Guild Chat is RP only - there is no ooc channel
    -We have a zero drama policy that is strictly enforced
    -Active membership
    -Eastern Time is listed for events but our members are scattered out in various time zones.
    -We do limit the number of new members we allow in monthly.
    -We are a medium sized guild and intend to remain that way. We have no intention of maintaining over 100 members. We believe in a close knit group of Role-players.
    -We welcome those with RP experience and those without.
    -We ask that our members stay as true to lore as they possibly can and will provide guides and materials to help those whom are new to achieve this. Information is readily available to our members on our forums.
    -Members are required to have the bio section of their character page filled out and must remain in RP persona at all times.

What Gúthwinë can provide you:
    -A stabilized guild that remains true to RP
    -gathering nights- Food, Drink, Music, Stories and Riddles
    -Hunt/Deed Nights
    -Book Nights
    -Quest Aid Nights
    -Rping/Crafting Guides
    -Drama Free Kinship

guthwine.guild portal.com

Contact Officers:
    Thaeryn, Cered, Melethlaer, Corvion or the Ambassador Uthol Lipwort( recruitment officer)
    ~ *~ ~ *~ ~ *~ ~ *~
    Lady Melethlaer Eochaidh
    Officer within Guthwine ~ Roleplaying Guild
    guthwine.guildportal.com

Re: The Call of Guthwine

Below is a link to just a few screenshots to a just a few events that we've had. These are only a small fraction of events done by Guthwine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26580751@N03/

This is heavy roleplay kin on the Landroval server, the unofficial RP server. Whether you choose Guthwine or not for your rp needs this is the place to find good, solid roleplay kins.

And of course, if you are serious about fulfilling your heavy roleplay needs, I would be glad to chat with you about joining Guthwine.

Guthwine welcomes Boslo into its ranks. Lets hope your stay with us is long and profitable...just keep your hands out of my pockets, eh?

Hah! I make no promises. Fine fine, I promise.

As for Guthwine I must be honest when I say that I've found myself a simply splendid group of folks to weather the days with here. Everyone is just so polite, friendly, and helpful. I look forward to many long days spent in their company!

Sincerely,
    Mr. B
    Last edited by entropyrat; Mar 15 2009 at 10:11 PM.

< Belly laughs > O d-dear me..my-my apologies...its Mr.B not the other...<sighs>

Well its great you found that. It took me a time to find a suitable kin too. Many RP kins tend to be too quiet I think...many but not all.
    Its good to have ya though.

We welcome Berenval as a 'battle-friend'.

< Raises a mug of blackberry ale in a toast > Cheers to Berenval...heres to a long and industrious future with Guthwine.

Guthwine welcomes Illucia to its kin. Lets hope your stay with us is long and full of joy..and treasures of course.

Guthwine welcomes Nofi the dwarf to its ranks. Lets hope your stay with us is long and enjoyable.

Tinunimriel and Celebaradan are welcomed by Guthwine. Lets hope your stay with us is long and fruitful.

< Raises a mug of ale in a toast>
    " Heres to new friendships becoming old ones"

Also Guthwine recently held a Moonlight Serenade on April 9th 09. Here are just a few screenshots..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26580751@N03/

Feralwind is welcomed into Guthwine. Congrats friend, I hope your stay with us is a long one.

Travel safe