We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: What are everyones CC abilities?

Routing Cry - {Area of effect stun from defeat-response :: No :: 4 :: 5M :: 3s :: 45s} (Trained)
    Not trained. The skill itself, yes, but it requires a trait to give it the actual stun.
    Lamdori [Landroval] Sumadven [Firefoot]{F2P}

Some quick points:

Quote Originally Posted by Rugzug View Post

Hunter:
    Distracting Shot - {Ranged Mez, 100% break on damage after 2 seconds :: Yes(1.5s) :: 1 :: 40M :: 10s :: 3m} (Trained)

Distracting Shot w/ trait?? - {duration 30s, Cooldown 1m} (??)
    Cry of the Predator - {Fear on animals(Wargs), 100% Break chance on harm after 2 seconds, 3% Break chance on damage after 2 seconds :: No :: 1 :: 25M :: 10s :: 1m} (Trained)

Set Snare - {Set a snare on the ground :: Yes(2.5s) :: 1 :: Trap :: 60s :: 1m} (Trained)
    Set Trap - {Set a trap on the ground :: Yes(2.5s) :: 1 :: Trap :: 60s :: 1m} (Trained)
    Low Cut - {-50% run speed to multiple targets + Chance to apply DoT :: No :: 3 :: 5.2M :: 10s :: ??} (Trained)

Low cut can only apply a DoT with a specifc legacy on an LI. I feel this should be noted.
    Also low cut has a maximum of 2 targets

Rain of Thorns - {AoE ranged root + Damage, 25% break chance on damage after 1 second :: No :: 5 :: 40M :: 30s :: 3m} (Legendary)
    Bard's Arrow - {Ranged Fear, 100% break chance on harm after 2 seconds, 25% break chance on damage after 3 seconds :: Yes(1.5s) :: 1 :: 40M :: 15s :: 30s} (Legendary)

Quick Shot - {-40% run speed, Strength Stance only :: Yes(1.0s) :: 1 :: 40M :: 8s :: 0} (Trained)
    Barbed Arrow - {-10 % run speed :: Yes(1.4s) :: 1 :: 40M :: 20s :: ??} (Trained)
    Penetrating Shot Trait?? - {Root :: No :: 1 :: 40M :: ?? :: 30s} (Trained)

Penetrating Shot is on a 3 sec cooldown with no root. (its spammed by most hunters.)
    With 5 traits slotted it changes to a 30 sec cooldown with a 10 sec root, but does maximum 75% of damage. The root has a 50% chance to break on damage after 1 sec.

Crafted Traps?? - {??} (??)

length......
    Last edited by sefada; Feb 14 2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: clarity
    Rawr!™

thx for the info
    Piercing Cry takes a trait to make it a stun, otherwise those three skills are regular trained skills. I see you have ?s.
    It was the King Color, of which all the other colors are merely partial and wishy-washy reflections. It was octarine, the color of magic. ...
    But Rincewind always thought it looked sort of a greenish purple.

thx for the information.

i will try to update the list some more today.

Nice list - there is one class that stands out as severely lacking, el warleadero.

I'll clarify your list for the RK.
    My markings are in red.

Runekeeper:
    Vivid Imagery - {Damage + AoE Mez :: No :: 3 :: 5.2M :: 10s :: 5min} (Trained)
    Perfect Imagery - {Enhances Vivid Imagery, Increases duration by 10s and lowers the cooldown by 2m, duration buff may be removed in book 7} (Legendary)
    Shocking Touch - {Single target Mez, class trait duration buff may be removed in book 7 :: No :: 1 :: 2.5M :: 10s :: 20s} (Trained)
    Distracting Winds - {-50% Target Run Speed :: No :: 5 :: 5.2M :: 10s :: 3m} (Trained)
    Chilling Rhetoric - {-70% Run Speed, on any damage removes the slow, class trait lowers the slow to -30% on damage :: Yes(0.5s) :: 1 :: 30M :: 10s :: 30s} (Trained)
    Shocking Words - {Damage + Chance for stun :: No :: 1 :: 20M :: 5s :: 25s} (Trained)

Armor of Storm - {Defense + On Melee Damage 30% chance to Reflect effect Daze, 100% break chance on damage after 2s :: No :: Unlimited :: N/A :: 5s :: 3min} (Trained)
    OR
    Armor of Frost - {Defense + On Melee Damage 30% chance to Reflect -70% run speed :: No :: Unlimited :: N/A :: 5s :: 3min} (Trained)

You can only use one type of armor at a time is the point here w/the OR because the "armor of x" is driven by the dmg type of the runestone you are using so the skill name dynamically changes if you equip other stones but the cooldown remains.

I'm not sure which mez it was or both that the class dev said would probably lose its duration buff - you can find the post tho and confirm from the RK forum.
    Last edited by greenie30; Feb 16 2009 at 02:56 PM.

Lowcut cooldown is 5 seconds and barbed arrow cooldown is 1.5 seconds (hunter).
    [COLOR=red]Ulygar, rank 8 blackarrow, Nimrodel server[/COLOR]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e76be/01007/signature.png]Brangdha[/charsig]
    [URL="http://brangdha.mybrute.com"]Bored? Come Play Here![/URL] [URL="http://mybrute.com/team/178260"]Join my clan![/URL]

think we can get this on a spreadsheet? Ideally I would like to sort for melee vs ranged & stuns, mezzes, roots, etc.
    [color=gold]~ Amamadan <retired>, Level 65 Champion of Legends <retired>, Rank 4 on Nim[/color]
    [color=lightblue] ~~ Elthros <retired>, Level 60 Minstrel of Legends <retired>, Rank 4[/color]
    [color=grey] ~~ Methodis <retired>, Level 60 Runekeeper[/color]
    [color=red]~ Accuracy <retired>, Blackarrow of Black Blade <still pwning>, Rank 9 on Nim[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Dommin-Nim View Post
    think we can get this on a spreadsheet? Ideally I would like to sort for melee vs ranged & stuns, mezzes, roots, etc.
    someone else linked a complete version of this... so i stopped. : )

really? got link to the spreadsheet

can mod put this up as a sticky?

also good will be anti CC counters used for both CCs if there is in a spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by greenie30 View Post
    there is one class that stands out as severely lacking, el warleadero.

You got that right....pretty pathetic that warleaders are the only class that has no CC.
    Last edited by dagorlad91806; Jun 18 2009 at 06:04 AM.
    Ridduk

Quote Originally Posted by dagorlad91806 View Post
    You got that right....pretty pathetic that warleaders are the only class that has no CC.
    They're also the only class with an aoe rez, a 2 minute cooldown bubble, 8k+ armour and 8k morale easily attainable without losing much in the way of other stats. Oh, and an aoe 2.6k heal and aoe full heal both on 15 minute CDs.

The shouts don't do bad damage either. WLs are fine in raids. And you can't kill one solo before his buddies come or he makes it to NPCs because of the armour.

And for the record: Lore-masters don't have a single target root. CE is a delayed aoe root and Herb-lore is an instant cast aoe root. And I don't know what you're talking about with a knockdown from a LM. I can only think of that coming from the Lurker or the Saber-tooth, both of which nobody really uses.

And lol at putting captain pet moves up there

Quote Originally Posted by Moop29 View Post
    I can only think of that coming from the Lurker or the Saber-tooth, both of which nobody really uses.

How are things that are perfectly attainable not worth putting up there? Just because the majority choose not to use them doesnt mean they dont exist.
    [RIGHT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ffa07a]Babou + Tyrannosaurus [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]/ [/SIZE][COLOR=#afeeee][SIZE=2]Zapdos[/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][B][COLOR=#ee82ee][SIZE=3]Acta Non Verba[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/RIGHT]

[QUOTE=Moop29;3795162]They're also the only class with an aoe rez, a 2 minute cooldown bubble, 8k+ armour and 8k morale easily attainable without losing much in the way of other stats. Oh, and an aoe 2.6k heal and aoe full heal both on 15 minute CDs.

Wow and they get all this at rank 1 , right? . The AoE heals require rank 9 to attain. Rank a wl up to 9 then get back to me. A WL with 8k+ morale does sacrifice a reasonable amount of dmg output.

The shouts don't do bad damage either. WLs are fine in raids. And you can't kill one solo before his buddies come or he makes it to NPCs because of the armour.

Warleaders have 1 shout until rank 5 and dont get another one until rank 8 and they are on relatively long cooldowns. Yes WL's do well in raids, the problem is ppl dont raid much anymore because of the nerf. WL's cant kill you either if you dont want em too because they have no slow,fear, mez or stun....
    Last edited by dagorlad91806; Jun 18 2009 at 11:52 AM.
    Ridduk

They're also the only class with an aoe rez, a 2 minute cooldown bubble, 8k+ armour and 8k morale easily attainable without losing much in the way of other stats. Oh, and an aoe 2.6k heal and aoe full heal both on 15 minute CDs.

And for the record: Lore-masters don't have a single target root. CE is a delayed aoe root and Herb-lore is an instant cast aoe root. And I don't know what you're talking about with a knockdown from a LM. I can only think of that coming from the Lurker or the Saber-tooth, both of which nobody really uses.

LOL @ this guy!

Yeah, warleaders can survive. They're really good at surving. I think that's the point. Because they CAN'T KILL ANYTHING solo! It has 2 extremes: won't die (unless focus-fired), and can't kill.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e76be/01007/signature.png]Brangdha[/charsig]
    [URL="http://brangdha.mybrute.com"]Bored? Come Play Here![/URL] [URL="http://mybrute.com/team/178260"]Join my clan![/URL]

Captains have an AoE rez, warleaders aren't the only ones.
    Spam deleted by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by oopsies View Post
    Captains have an AoE rez, warleaders aren't the only ones.
    25m CD with a almost wasted legendary slot vs 6m CD? You are right though

Quote Originally Posted by TimmmmaaaaH View Post
    How are things that are perfectly attainable not worth putting up there? Just because the majority choose not to use them doesnt mean they dont exist.
    I understand where you're coming from. Whatever

Wow and they get all this at rank 1 , right? . The AoE heals require rank 9 to attain. Rank a wl up to 9 then get back to me. A WL with 8k+ morale does sacrifice a reasonable amount of dmg output.
    With the massive exploitation of the raid infamy/renown mechanic and the rank requirement nerfs, it's not that hard to attain R9.

My WL on Bullroarer was critting for 1k on shouts. Just sayin'

Warleaders have 1 shout until rank 5 and dont get another one until rank 8 and they are on relatively long cooldowns. Yes WL's do well in raids, the problem is ppl dont raid much anymore because of the nerf. WL's cant kill you either if you dont want em too because they have no slow,fear, mez or stun....
    20 seconds is a long CD? Give me a break.

People don't raid that much on your server? I call BS. Or maybe Gladden PvPers are the only competent ones in the game. At least that's what it seems like from what I've seen from other servers' players.

Just because something can't kill you doesn't mean it's not overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Brongdha View Post
    Yeah, warleaders can survive. They're really good at surving. I think that's the point. Because they CAN'T KILL ANYTHING solo! It has 2 extremes: won't die (unless focus-fired), and can't kill.
    The point is that creep healers have tank-like mitigations and health while 2/3rds of freep healers do not.

Captains can't kill much solo either. Yet they don't have the lolzbubble and lolzrezeverybody.
    Last edited by Moop29; Jun 19 2009 at 01:35 AM.

[QUOTE=Moop29;3797770]

With the massive exploitation of the raid infamy/renown mechanic and the rank requirement nerfs, it's not that hard to attain R9. Even with the rank req. changes, r9 is still a long trek for a support class. Again, rank a wl up to 9 then get back to me.

My WL on Bullroarer was critting for 1k on shouts. Just sayin' Yes, the blackspeech skill can crit for 1k but it isnt a common occurrence.

20 seconds is a long CD? Give me a break. In a fight, hell yeah 20 seconds is a long time. Just a fyi, the rank 8 shout is on a 45 sec cooldown.

People don't raid that much on your server? I call BS. Or maybe Gladden PvPers are the only competent ones in the game. At least that's what it seems like from what I've seen from other servers' players. Do you think a BA would rather get 50-80 inf a kill or 10-15 a kill? Because of the raid nerf, more often than not creeps are runnin solo out in the moors.

Just because something can't kill you doesn't mean it's not overpowered. Overpowered is the RK that blew you to bits the other day.
    Ridduk

With the massive exploitation of the raid infamy/renown mechanic and the rank requirement nerfs, it's not that hard to attain R9.
    It is for anyone that has anything even resembling something called a life.

Seriously? Are you joking? How can it be overpowered if it can't kill you?

25m CD with a almost wasted legendary slot vs 6m CD? You are right though

I understand where you're coming from. Whatever

My WL on Bullroarer was critting for 1k on shouts. Just sayin'

20 seconds is a long CD? Give me a break.

People don't raid that much on your server? I call BS. Or maybe Gladden PvPers are the only competent ones in the game. At least that's what it seems like from what I've seen from other servers' players.

The point is that creep healers have tank-like mitigations and health while 2/3rds of freep healers do not.

Captains can't kill much solo either. Yet they don't have the lolzbubble and lolzrezeverybody.

IIRC the original post (and the title of the thread) isn't soliciting for a debate on the merits of this CC ability or that CC ability. It seems it was just to list what CC each class had at their disposal. therefore I believe it's entirely appropriate to list CC that may be available to a certain class but for pragmatic reasons, many folks when given the choice, don't decide to include that CC in their character loadout.

The only grey area I'd say w/regards to CC abilities for either side has to do w/Indirect CC abilities.

The 'pet' classes may have pets of theirs capable of CC, but are not directly controlled by the player themselves. So inclusion of those could be debatable.

For example, my hatchlings, which are uncontrolable as pets and in what attacks they choose to initiate, have a short 'Hounding Fear' (8 seconds IIRC) they can proc. I can't make the hatchlings proc the fear...it's entirely random if they even use that special attack. OFC I can control when I try to bring out my hatchlings so I do have indirect control. So, does that count towards my arsenal of CC I can bring to bear as a weaver or is that something that shouldn't be included?
    [URL]http://www.zazzle.com/cancerpalooza[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000036ae4/signature.png]Nidor[/charsig]

Just an fyi to the poster above me, hounding fear procs on players when attacked by npcs from behind. I'm not sure about the rate of it happening, but whenever I try to run away from npcs, the majority of the time I get hounding fear on me.

Just an fyi to the poster above me, hounding fear procs on players when attacked by npcs from behind. I'm not sure about the rate of it happening, but whenever I try to run away from npcs, the majority of the time I get hounding fear on me.

interesting...

I know when I'm fighting NPCs my hatchlings will proc hounding fear on them regardless of facing. I notice this because the npcs will just sit there and go toe to toe...

it's harder to see if HF is facing dependent when my hatchlings are attacking a freep because the freep is usually constantly moving around and such, so sometimes my hatchlings are attacking them from behind, sometimes the front...it's much more fluid.

I'll have to try to keep a closer eye on that. Thanks for the info! If I can position myself so that a freep is either facing me or facing my hatchlings when fighting in place I could use that to my advantage.
    [URL]http://www.zazzle.com/cancerpalooza[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000036ae4/signature.png]Nidor[/charsig]

For champions.

-Cooldown on Sound the Attack/Horn of Gondor is 30s.

-Crafted horn can be maxed at a 10s stun with a maxed out rune, but that one legacy itself generally takes up almost all of the points, or at least half.

-Hamstring's range can be boosted to 4.5m with a Rune Legacy. It is also very costly.

-Hamstring can be boosted to a 30s duration IF you have the moors lvl 50 or 60 armour. Which is a terrible idea, IMO. Also, the level 60 armour is almost impossible to get, so you'd have to gimp yourself completely by using the level 50 armour.
    Tarahimal of the King's Own, Rank 13 Champion of Landroval.
    ~2,000 rating record in Mines of Moria~
    New, older, and improved.

It is for anyone that has anything even resembling something called a life.
    Once upon a time people played mostly in small groups or solo. I know it was before anything you could ever imagine, but trust me, it used to be that way. And people did get to ranks like 7, 8 and 9 because it was actually fun and made people want to play. I guess now with the creeps constantly outnumbering the freeps it's difficult, but just try to imagine how it used to be

Seriously? Are you joking? How can it be overpowered if it can't kill you?
    If something had 100000k morale with 10000k ICMR and could heal other players but could not attack, would you call that overpowered?

I'm not talking about solo(Although WL is one of the best classes in a duel. Yes, I know people can run away easily. They do the same from captains) specifically, I'm talking in a group situation.

In a fight, hell yeah 20 seconds is a long time. Just a fyi, the rank 8 shout is on a 45 sec cooldown.
    Geez, I guess you'd die if you had to play a spider or LM. On a spider, my "good" skills are on 1m and 2m CDs. As a LM, my big attacks are on 15s, 1m, 2m and 5m CDs.

20 seconds is nothing dude. Just like impossible

maybe ill get bored and finish this...

anyone see any errors? corrections needed?

i still need data for warden, burglar, and loremaster...

maybe ill get bored and finish this...

anyone see any errors? corrections needed?

i still need data for warden, burglar, and loremaster...
    Here.

LM. These numbers are all before DR
    Cracked Earth - 2s(1.5s traited) cast 5 target aoe 25m range. Applies a 10s countdown(5s when boosted w/ trait sets in AM line which nobody ever uses) that when expires applies a 30s root. 10s CD. Not sure on radius, 7m IIRC?
    Blinding flash - 1s cast insta cast traited 40m range 30s mez that goes to 5s if you pack any kind of DPS. 15s CD
    Herb-lore - 40m range insta-cast 3 target in 8m radius root for 30 seconds. 8 targets when traited, 2m CD
    Storm-lore - PBAoE insta cast 3s stun. 3 targets base, 8 targets when traited like herb-lore. 2m CD
    March of the Ents - 15m range 2s(1.5s traited) cast 5 target aoe 6s stun. 5m CD base, 2m CD traited. Radius is 5m IIRC?
    Improved staff strike - Traited. Staff strike has a chance(not sure on that chance) to proc a 5 second stun. 10s CD base, 5s CD when properly legacied
    Light of the Rising Dawn - 30m range 1s(0.8s traited) cast 3s stun. 30s CD base, 15s CD traited
    Test of Will - 40m range 2s(1.5s traited) cast 5s stun. 1m CD
    Bear-Hug - Bear has a skill that does a 3s stun. 1m CD IIRC?
    Saber-Tooth - Has a 2m CD(IIRC, not sure at all on this one) aoe skill that will open a conjunction stun if done on a flanked target(which is a pet proc. Very low chance on the saber-tooth)
    Bog-Lurker - Somehow they can open a CJ stun. I have absolutely no idea how. I haven't even bothered to get my bog lurker. It's a stupid skill IMO but some people like to play a support class
    Wisdom of the Council - 10m CD 1.8k heal that applies a 1m buff on the LM. Incoming attacks have a 25% chance to stun the attacker for 3 seconds
    Bane-Flare - Only affects the undead so it cannot possibly come into play in PvP
    Burning Embers - 30m range 1.5s cast 30s slow. 3s CD
    Tar - 2s cast(1.5s traited which nobody ever does) GTAoE 50% slow. 1.5 m CD
    Harried - LM pets can proc a 25% slow for 7-8 seconds on the target. Doesn't come into play though b/c BE should always be on the target and it overrides this

I think that's it, but I get the feeling I've missed one
    Warden
    The Boot - 2 length gambit that does ****** common damage. 25% chance to daze for 5 seconds
    Boar's Rush - 4 length gambit that does a bit less ****** common damage. Will daze for 5(?) seconds on a crit
    Ambush - 5s cast 5s knockout
    Hampering Javelin - Insta-cast while running 20s slow 30% slow 30s CD

Burg
    Startling Twist - 8s stun 45s CD
    Exploit Opening - 5s CJ stun 5m CD
    Trip - 5s CJ stun(next patch) 5m CD from stealth only
    Riddle - 30s mez(35s with 5s grace period traited) 20m(might be 30, not sure) insta cast 1m CD(30s w/ mischief on)
    DitE - 5s CD 30s duration melee range slow. 25% slow. Can be AoE 3 targets when traited
    Mischievous Glee - 4 traits in gambler tree allows it to be able to proc a 5s stun. MG has a 45s CD
    Provoke - When done from stealth can proc a mez that is variable in duration

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast