We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Trouble installing LOTRO due to DirectX

A friend told me about the game, loaned me his CDs to install it and gave me a buddy key for a free trial. My computer uses the Vista OS.
    My install attempt failed with the message that LOTRO needed but couldn't find on my computer DirectX 9.0c. It gave me a microsoft URL where I could download DirectX 9.0c but the site would not download the DirectX software through my Firefox browser.

I have a dial up connection to the internet.

Can someone help me to successfully install LOTRO before my free trial expires?

Re: Trouble installing LOTRO due to DirectX

Quote Originally Posted by Atlast View Post
    A friend told me about the game, loaned me his CDs to install it and gave me a buddy key for a free trial. My computer uses the Vista OS.
    My install attempt failed with the message that LOTRO needed but couldn't find on my computer DirectX 9.0c. It gave me a microsoft URL where I could download DirectX 9.0c but the site would not download the DirectX software through my Firefox browser.

I have a dial up connection to the internet.

Can someone help me to successfully install LOTRO before my free trial expires?
    DirectX can download through firefox

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

When you click download, it will show you how to install the plugin to verify windows and once that is installed you can install any updates via firefox

I have installed the verfication plugin then downloaded and installed directx but it still will not let me get past the warning that pops up saying that I do not have directx please help. I also run Vista.

Try the steps outlined here.
    -Helpful Turbine Support Links-

Note
    : The
    Customer Support forums are best for player-to-player help, for direct official support, please submit a help request via the form here.

After submitting that ticket be sure to log in to your email providers website directly. Check spam/bulk mail folders and add noreply@turbine.com; techsupport@turbine.com and accountsupport@turbine.com to their "safe senders" list and your contacts list/address book as well. All tickets receive a reply but some responses get flagged as such and your email may not tell you it did so.

I have gone to the link the error message gives me, downloaded and then installed it, but it still will not read that I have it installed. Where am I supposed to save it?
    Please help me I have a trial account and would like to be able to play before it expires. I use windows 7 if that affects it
    Last edited by Warrollas; Jan 30 2010 at 12:19 PM.