We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Changes to PvMP!

Corruptions arent the way to go.

Creeps base stats need to be re-evaluated and compared with that of lvl 60 mobs. By attempting to "fix" the current issues with simple 1 slot bonuses will just force us to make harder choices with the current 5 slots. Many of these changes need to be applied to the r0 base, and the better ones buff the current ranked passive bonuses.

Also, any pots, before thinking about giving us more, fix the current ones. They all need immunity timers instead of being useless like they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfaqua View Post
    While I realize and accept that some changes need to be made to increase the survivability of the creeps it is absolute BS for anyone to say that Freeps did not earn what they have. Freeps have to work through 60 levels of PVE to get where they are ( unlike creeps who are insta 60.) and that means they have in no uncertain terms earned what they have. And while many creeps do not ask for easy mode, there are just as many creeps who want easy mode as there are freeps who want easy mode. Both sides have these types of players and to say otherwise shows your that either you are completely biased or naive.
    You're argument falls flat since thats how turbine implemented Monster Play. There are many of us who would love to level our creeps to 60, but the PvE world is only there for freeps.

I encourage you to roll a green creep and tell us how great becoming an insta 60 is. Achieving pvmp ranks is alot harder than grinding levels. The infamy required to reach r10+ to even start to be on-par with freeps is mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimithril View Post
    Freeps only have 5 slots for Virtues....equal to the number of corruptions.

What is different is 4 creep race versus 5 freep racial slots and 6 creep class versus 7 freep class slots.

Oh, and creeps don't have legendary traits.
    Also creeps only get their first race slot at rank 5, and need to get to r8 before they can use all 4 race slots, and r11 before they have access to all their racials. So most creeps are running around with empty race slots. This is another example of a mind-boggling decision which makes no sense and achieves nothing aside from helping to keep creeps at a permanent disadvantage.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080100000cdc34/signature.png]Caldreth[/charsig]

All these critical chance reduction buffs? It's just because of hunters.
    Last edited by AramythII; Jan 15 2009 at 06:28 AM.

Guess I will be able to go to the moors again after book 7.

Hope there are some changes to the Defiler class coming; I mean, a Defiler is pretty useless as-is. Can't dps, can't out-heal freeps' dps, can't resurrect in-combat. Hence no one will group with you as you are now just a drain on their infamy.... which effectively means you can't rank up. If you play a Defiler in the current moors, your only rewards are the frequent thanks you get when you resurrect a dead creep, saving them a run from the nearest rez circle.

Some ok changes and a few fixes, but do the devs understand what we want in the moors? The answer is fun fights. I still don't even know what the "flag" does, except that someone is exploiting it. If I'm dead in 2 seconds in a fight, it doesn't matter than I have a few new potions. Focus dev effort on the details once some balance is restored to basic combat. If freep DPS is now double, then you have to double creep defense, not reduce it (who came up with that?), not increase it 2%, but potentially 100%.

I really hope I'm off target and the list will continue with some meaningful changes.

Gonna need a bigger medicine cabinet, and will have to resort to 'buying gold' to support the addicition to potions that Turbine keeps upping the dependency on.

Can these new potions at least be color-coded (like the freep pots) for easier selection in the heat of battle.

Also, will ALL our potions remain on one CD, if so, why not just have one generic 'remove pewpew' pot?

guys, until the devs give the creeps equivalent cc as the freeps in the moors, the game will NEVER be balanced.

we need ranged fears, aoe stuns, aoe snares, not at some bull#$%$ rank 13 or 15, but at accessible levels.

the freeps can keep there dev crits, and dps, but imagine the moors if the shoe was on the other foot and a reaver could charge in, blow its 15 minute horn, then blow its sound the attack.

or a ba fearing a champ, then snaring 5 others, then fearing another champ.

and the lm's, well there would be a lot of very happy spiders around if they half the cc lm's did

its all relative, and until turbine bites the bullet, and makes these changes, there will, be know balance for group play in the moors.

give defilers the ability to stun dot immunity for creeps the same as a lm's ability, and i guarantee you, ya wont leave grams unless you a defiler intow.
    Last edited by madesometoast; Jan 15 2009 at 10:58 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000012a2da/signature.png]Bugzappa[/charsig]

If ya aint dying, Ya aint trying!

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    • The following skills now force auto-attack off: [...] Sprint.
    No please. Sprint is a major asset in a wargs offensive arsenal.
    As is disappear...
    • Mitigation Corruptions will no longer have penalties.
      Additionally, the values for all non-common mitigation corruptions have been increased
    • Resistance passives have been increased in value.
    • Resistance Corruptions have been increased (for both bonus and penalty).
    • Heal, heal over time, and damage over time skills will now properly critical.
    That sounds promising but the degree of its promise
    largely depends on the amount of the increases,
    one, two, three percent will basically change nothing.
    • ... There will no longer be any issues where barter food is less desirable …
    • The heal and power restore values for the Stinking …have been increased.
    • The Quartermaster NPC will now offer Monster Players several new potions
    Indirect increases to the creep morale pool and surviveability, that is good.
    Yet the mechanics for earning cash on a creep are just boring and bothersome.
    Few or none have the cash to finance sustained pot use.
    during anything but small group engagements.
    Please add cash payouts to the DP quests or
    consider to add potions as quest rewards.
    Potions that no one can afford or use are not a fix

• Monster Players will now have access to a set of new Critical Protection Boost corruptions....
    • Four new corruptions have been added for Monster Players..
    • Armour passives from Monster Players will now have a small bonus to critical protection...
    The crit protection improvements are an excellent idea,
    in conjunction with the general nerf to freep crit chance in MoM,
    this could turn out to be a very worthwhile change.

I am not happy about the numbers on the new migitation corrpuptions,
    they represent an ~1% increase for tier one and a ~2% increase for tier 2.
    These numbers make them,
    to be honest not even worth the lines of code they are written in.
    Please correct my estimations should they be wrong.

We have a slot shortage already, that these changes will turn into an outright crisis.
    Please, give us 1 to 3 more corruption slots.
    The slotlayout we have is from ancient pre-anything days and
    urgently needs a makeover.
    Corruptions that nobody can slot provide no fix but just outright frustration.

We will release more information about upcoming changes in the weeks to come.
    Weeeeeks… did you… say.. weeek(SSSSS),
    as in plural not singular, many, more than one, a multiple ?
    Nooooo *whines like a puppy and runs to bake some cake*

Quote Originally Posted by Orono View Post
    Also, will ALL our potions remain on one CD, if so, why not just have one generic 'remove pewpew' pot?

Root pots, heal pots and Mez/stun pots are on separate cooldowns from each other but same cooldown of similar pots of different efficacy. (IE: all the 'tiers' of stinking poultices are on the same CD)

heal pots are green
    mez pots are yellow
    root pots are red

I don't have an issue picking out red from yellow from green in the heat of battle. Are you referring to something else?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryWeaponX View Post
    You're argument falls flat since thats how turbine implemented Monster Play. There are many of us who would love to level our creeps to 60, but the PvE world is only there for freeps.

I encourage you to roll a green creep and tell us how great becoming an insta 60 is. Achieving pvmp ranks is alot harder than grinding levels. The infamy required to reach r10+ to even start to be on-par with freeps is mind boggling.

It took me about as long to get to rank 4 on my warg,
    several books before book 12 ,
    as it took me to get my champ to 50 before MoM.

The early creep ranks,
    were infinitely less enjoyable than the early freep levels.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSEguy1970 View Post
    Root pots, heal pots and Mez/stun pots are on separate cooldowns from each other but same cooldown of similar pots of different efficacy. (IE: all the 'tiers' of stinking poultices are on the same CD)

heal pots are green
    mez pots are yellow
    root pots are red

I don't have an issue picking out red from yellow from green in the heat of battle. Are you referring to something else?
    The potions purchased with stones, all come in bottles, mostly distinguishable by shape rather than color. I guess I just really like my nice neat little row of green/yellow/red/purple dots for poison/disease/wound/fear that I have on my freeps, and would hope for something similar if yet, MORE pots are to be introduced creepside.

It's hilarious, the devs come on here with a solid list of changes moving us in the right direction and the last 2 pages of comments are filled with bitching, whining and "give us more" (not all of you, but plenty of it).
    Last edited by Viloxus; Jan 15 2009 at 11:28 AM.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    It's hilarious, the devs come on here with a solid list of changes moving us in the right direction and the last 2 pages of comments are filled with bitching, whining and "give us more" (not all of you, but plenty of it).
    what happen if u give a bunch of homeless people that hasnt eaten for 3 days, a piece of sandwich?

probably 1 or 2 thank yous, and a bunch of more intense begging....

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime87 View Post

Things that are missing: I still think creep mitigations need to be increased across the board (against non-critical damage as well), not by mitigation corruptions which few will use because they will never be as generally useful as health/damage/resist increases. If you want to address balance through corruptions, you need to give creeps quite a few more corruption slots, so that we can actually use the traits that would bring us into a state of balance. Also, and perhaps most importantly, the base health of all creep classes needs a boost.

Your words are wise my friend.
    I really enjoy an updated after all that time, but this is only a little satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    No, what's hilarious is that they ever went live with the debacle that is currently the Moors.

What's even funnier is that Turbine, perhaps via policy, has refused to acknowledge the screw up, and have only just now, lent ANY sort of creedence to the concerns of the player base.

Turbine screwed up. If they're now fixing the screw up - great. But, it's not deserving of 'thanks' or kudos. Perhaps they'll retain customers - that should be their only reward. This is a place to voice our concerns not coddle the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by madesometoast View Post

the freeps can keep there dev crits, and dps, but imagine the moors if the shoe was on the other foot and a reaver could charge in, blow its 15 minute horn, then blow its sound the attack.
    if Champ class can get a skill like Reaver's Charge!, i would have no issue with that....

...if not, that's just ridicolous.

So in another thread I informed everyone that I have the magical list of PvMP changes coming in the as yet to be dated, Book 7. In the coming weeks we will be releasing some of these changes for everyone to see and consume. We understand that many players have been patiently waiting to find out what we have in store for monster play, so without further delay, here is the first listing of upcoming changes coming to a keep near you!

Creeps

• The following skills no longer force auto-attack on or off: Blinding Dust, Blood Lust, Charge, Glory in Victory, Hamstring, Time-Out, Upper Hand, Catch Prey, Clinging Webs, Entangling Webs, Feat, Necrosis, Web the Earth, Call the Shadow, Flea Bitten, Rend Flesh, Shadow Howler.
    • The following skills now force auto-attack on: Hatchlings, Smothering Web, No You Don’t, Vital Target.
    • The following skills now force auto-attack off: Grasping Web, Paralytic Venom, Shadow’s Bite, Snaring Web, Sprint.
    • Mitigation Corruptions will no longer have penalties. Additionally, the values for all non-common mitigation corruptions have been increased.
    • Resistance passives have been increased in value.
    • Resistance Corruptions have been increased (for both bonus and penalty).
    • Creep vendor and barter foods have been scrubbed. There will no longer be any issues where barter food is less desirable than vendor food or where higher ranked vendor/barter food is less desirable than lower ranked vendor/barter food.
    • The heal and power restore values for the Stinking Poultice, Bubbling Potion, Blood of Man, and Blood of the Fair Folk potion sets have been increased.
    • Monster Players will now have access to a set of new Critical Protection Boost corruptions. These corruptions will decrease the chance that an enemy will land a critical or devastating critical hit on the monster player. The basic Critical Protection Boost corruption is available at Rank 2 from the monster player trainer. The advanced Critical Protection Boost corruption is available at Rank 4 from the Core Corruptions trader.
    • Armour passives from Monster Players will now have a small bonus to critical protection for both normal and devastating critical attacks.
    • Draught of Troll Bile no longer shares a cooldown timer with the tracking talismans.
    • Heal, heal over time, and damage over time skills will now properly critical.

Four new corruptions have been added for Monster Players. These corruptions are available at the following ranks and values:

1. Rank 2 (Trainable): Weapon Mitigation Boost (Rank 1) – adds +270 Ancient Dwarf, Beleriand, and Westernesse mitigation rating
    2. Rank 3 (Barter): Weapon Mitigation Boost (Rank 2) – adds +360 Ancient Dwarf, Beleriand, and Westernesse mitigation rating
    3. Rank 4 (Trainable): Skill Mitigation Boost (Rank 1) – adds +270 Fire, Frost, Light, and Lightning mitigation rating
    4. Rank 5 (Barter): Skill Mitigation Boost (Rank 2) – adds +360 Fire, Frost, Light, and Lightning mitigation rating

The Quartermaster NPC will now offer Monster Players several new potions.

1. Bottled Uruk Effluvium: removes one physical and one wound effect
    2. Bottled Orc Scream: removes one song and one disease effect
    3. Bottled Spider Chitter: removes one cry and one poison effect
    4. Bottled Warg Breath: removes one tactical and one fear effect

Please note that these new potions will only remove effects that show a resistance type in the effect’s tooltip. For example, Effect A lists Resistance: Tactical; the Bottled Warg Breath will remove the effect. Effect B does not show any resistance type in the tooltip; none of the potions will remove the effect.

Freeps

• Lainedhal’s Insignias can no longer be used in areas outside of the Ettenmoors. These items now require that the player is inside a PvMP area.
    • The Chest of Glain Vraig, Chest of the Second Marshall, and Chest of the First Marshall have had their loot tables updated.
    • Boss monsters in the Delving of Fror will now drop level appropriate loot.
    • The slow portion of Dust in the Eyes will now be properly removed on defeat.

So here are just some of the changes we have in store for Book 7. We will release more information about upcoming changes in the weeks to come.

Thanks much for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
    if Champ class can get a skill like Reaver's Charge!, i would have no issue with that....

...if not, that's just ridicolous.
    sure give reaver both AoE stuns and bracing attack and dire need and sprint with his charge, and champion can have charge with all that stuff.

fair right? : )

Quote Originally Posted by Rugzug View Post
    sure give reaver both AoE stuns and bracing attack and dire need and sprint with his charge, and champion can have charge with all that stuff.

Sweet, P/B/E without a legendary, a 20% miss chance debuff, and no more fervour management? Sounds good to me.
    Last edited by Asperity; Jan 15 2009 at 02:43 PM.

How about we accept the fact that there are differences and there are ways to bring about a working balance without everyone being the same. The tired old argument of "well so-and-so gets A so I should get A" really just pushes us towards being the same with different skins. Last I checked there's already that other PvP MMO like that - and I've played it too - know what? Folks complain just as much over there even though things are supposed to be close to mirror images of each other.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Please reset the potion cooldowns to 1 minute from 2, PLEASE!

Thanks!

p.s. if you are already doing it, then double thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Asperity View Post
    Sweet, P/B/E without a legendary, a 20% miss chance debuff, and no more fervour management? Sounds good to me.
    LOL I don't know what you're smoking but I'd take a half-bar heal, self heal, and sprint any day over a miss chance debuff and.... skills that kill you. Not to mention the superior champion hamstring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugzug View Post

ur pushing it

i was just talkin reaver get 2 AoE stuns, and champ get 1 charge. see my quoted post.

if u wanna throw bracing attack and direneed and sprint.... then i'll be asking for more too

Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast