We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Changes to PvMP!

These are great changes and I look forward to seeing the rest. This should help creepside a great deal.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

if you're going to give us this many corruptions can we at least get a few more slots to use them in? adding a few corruption skills and making ppl switch out different corruptions arent gonna help balance pvp at all.
    Kultar-r8 captain Kultard-r6 rune-keeper Kulim-r8 warg
    Fail characters - penthalian r4 champ Ramar r5 lore-master

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000000f8ca/signature.png]Kultar[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Rugzug View Post
    not a single change listed effects pve for you at all...

taking insignias out of pve just makes pvp effect pve even less, not more.

Thats just a lil sample of whats been done though.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000027b9f/signature.png]Thorken[/charsig]
    [FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=#00ffff][FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Fixedsys]ramsters- king of all minstrels, LOL I would pwn this guy!!![/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT]

i think that freep dudes problem is that many full time freeps have been enjoying easy renown. they may not addmit to it but its in their mind all the time. pre moria creeps were enjoying a bit of power. not cause freeps were nerfed or creeps were buffed, but cause many were ranking up to ranges where they were actually on par with freeps. and from the begining of the moors to about book 12/13 it was the other way around, freep domination. now things have flipped back to those pre 12/13 days and freeps are worried that its going to be EVEN again or something close.

main point is this. creeps earned their ability to become as strong or stronger then freeps. many cases it took over a year to do so. now things have changed and freeps are far stronger. not cause they earned it but cause turbine went in and flipped things around.

so i hope that this update is a step, not in the right direction, but in the middle. all i want is balance or the ability to become balanced. creeps have never asked for easy mode just a fare shake.
    Fallenhalo lvl75 hunter / Dropdee lvl 75 mini /Takeheart lvl70 captain / Strykingshot lvl 75 champ

Eatininchina warg / Youkilledkenny BA

Quote Originally Posted by mrwoo View Post
    Thats just a lil sample of whats been done though.
    Give us the list then
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000432cf/signature.png]Sharuk[/charsig]

We know Frelorn goes for cake... what can we bribe you with for the class changes?

Spider DPS boost: I wants it.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by mrwoo View Post
    Well for one, my attitude towards this game is PvE over PvP. So by u sayiing "I don't understand why you find that what you've said here shows that you care one bit for creep play," is pretty much true, and all the immortals knew that I was PvE over PvP. My main concearn Vladamir, is that I dont want the wants of creeps to ruin the pve experiance. and let me remind you that the majority of players in the game are here for the lore, and if we are going by lore then yeah it will take three creeps to take out a single freep man. If you dont like what I have said, then im sorry. What creep am i talkin to btw, since i dont know who you are.....Now I do, why dony u activate your signature Trajedy. Isnt your freep a champ that used to be in Insurrection or still is. If this is you I am really surprised by this from what you use to say..
    You just stressed my point. You are so concerned that these changes are going to affect your PvE experience that you come in here being very immature about the whole thing and completely miss the fact that all that has been posted are a few buffs and changes that the CREEPS are getting.

Yeah I tried updating my sig so that you knew this was traj but it didn't take affect on that post.. go figure. I guess you didn't recognize Deamon, who I've had since Aug of '07 and was my first toon in the Immortals. Yes, This is Daemien of Insurrection also, level 56 Champ. I have played with you many times and enjoyed the duels and fights against you and playing along side you when you chose to come Creepside. Maybe you've had a bad day and you're venting here, maybe you don't realize how you're coming of in your chat, whatever it is, you've done nothing but troll this thread with your misconceptions and attacks upon PvP. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me since I know you PvP a lot, or used to.

I used to think that it seemed up with the lore that creeps should outnumber freeps. But that has changed. I've found that for PvP to work, it has to be equal on a 1v1 field. We aren't just any old NPC that you can clean up like you do while on a quest anywhere in Middle Earth. We're manned characters representing the elite of Saruman and Sauron. If you want to go lore, there it is. Creeps are not the random fodder at the front lines, we are the elite that if you were to compare would be that of grishnak, or Gorbag. The fodder would be our soldiers as we would be the leaders. Similarily, Freeps would be the leaders of an army of men who would be less able than the manned freep-characters. What's so wrong with that? Well, that's where I'm coming from. You can't seriously think it fun for Creep players to have to always outnumber freeps do you? If it stayed that way, The Moors would be empty, save for the few who are new to the area. For the Moors to stay in the state its in would seal the last nail in the coffin for PvP in LOTRO, which is what you said they should do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwoo
    Great the new dev release for the upcoming book changes to PvP.... what do yall think about em. Looks like no one will be in the moors, they just need to scrap that part of the game and get rid of it......

Quote Originally Posted by fallenhalo View Post
    i think that freep dudes problem is that many full time freeps have been enjoying easy renown. they may not addmit to it but its in their mind all the time. pre moria creeps were enjoying a bit of power. not cause freeps were nerfed or creeps were buffed, but cause many were ranking up to ranges where they were actually on par with freeps. and from the begining of the moors to about book 12/13 it was the other way around, freep domination. now things have flipped back to those pre 12/13 days and freeps are worried that its going to be EVEN again or something close.

main point is this. creeps earned their ability to become as strong or stronger then freeps. many cases it took over a year to do so. now things have changed and freeps are far stronger. not cause they earned it but cause turbine went in and flipped things around.

so i hope that this update is a step, not in the right direction, but in the middle. all i want is balance or the ability to become balanced. creeps have never asked for easy mode just a fare shake.
    Totally agree.

2 dumb arguments that I'm tired of hearing:
    1) 1 freep should equal many creeps cos that's how it is in the books - Bollocks. If all freeps were equal to Aragorn or Legolas and all creeps were just run of the mill orcs then it would be true. Neither of those are the case. If one were to use the lore as an argument, one wouldn't have many hobbit warrior heroes running around and they certainly wouldn't be as powerful as Elves or Dwarves, or Uruk-Hai's!
    2)PvMP is just a side-game and will always be treated as such - I'm not sure exactly where this meme originated from. It may have been something that was said, or reported to have been said when the game was first released but I haven't seen anyone involved in Turbine repeating it since I've been playing the game which was shortly after the games release. Furthermore I've seen many statements from Turbine which indicate otherwise - that they do take it seriously and consider it an important part of their game.

It would be really nice if a Turbine representative could put these 2 to rest for once and for all with an explicit statement to the effect:
    a) The desired objective with PvMP is to achieve a reasonable balance between the opposing forces to ensure the most fun experience for all
    b) PvMP is not a mere side game but an important part of Lotro as a whole.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080100000cdc34/signature.png]Caldreth[/charsig]

Freeps need an incentive to come play in the moors. My suggestion is that they earn DP the same way as creeps, by completing quests in the moors. That should encourage more keep takes and such.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080100000cdc34/signature.png]Caldreth[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Jman33 View Post
    Freeps need an incentive to come play in the moors. My suggestion is that they earn DP the same way as creeps, by completing quests in the moors. That should encourage more keep takes and such.
    i dont play freep in moors, but i thought they did this already...

Quote Originally Posted by Rugzug View Post
    i dont play freep in moors, but i thought they did this already...
    Turning in NPC items gives DP at Ost.

sorry man, but freeps or creeps shouldnt need an incentive to come to the moors. the moors and pvp itself is the incentive. the problem with giving so many incentives to people for playing in the moors other then pvp is that you get a bunch of people that shouldnt be in there in the first place. case and point the pvp gear. a bunch of freeps came out to the moors just to farm up a rank to use the gear and havent been since. this influx of people just to farm a rank ruined the moors for a short time and opened up pandoras box.

if you want to pvp come to the moors. if you wanna pve dont come to the moors.
    Fallenhalo lvl75 hunter / Dropdee lvl 75 mini /Takeheart lvl70 captain / Strykingshot lvl 75 champ

Eatininchina warg / Youkilledkenny BA

Quote Originally Posted by Vladrimir View Post
    Turning in NPC items gives DP at Ost.
    Thats good to hear But what about DP for keep takes?

sorry man, but freeps or creeps shouldnt need an incentive to come to the moors. the moors and pvp itself is the incentive. the problem with giving so many incentives to people for playing in the moors other then pvp is that you get a bunch of people that shouldnt be in there in the first place. case and point the pvp gear. a bunch of freeps came out to the moors just to farm up a rank to use the gear and havent been since. this influx of people just to farm a rank ruined the moors for a short time and opened up pandoras box.

if you want to pvp come to the moors. if you wanna pve dont come to the moors.
    Yeah the PvP gear did mess up the moors for a while but there were a lot of factors at the time bringing people into the moors. The Delving was a new area that people wanted to explore, luminous stones were selling for a fortune on AH etc. I disagree that their shouldn't be any incentive besides the PvP itself. Us MMOG's players love our rewards. Otherwise we may as well be playing a FPS.

2 dumb arguments that I'm tired of hearing:
    1) 1 freep should equal many creeps cos that's how it is in the books - Bollocks. If all freeps were equal to Aragorn or Legolas and all creeps were just run of the mill orcs then it would be true. Neither of those are the case. If one were to use the lore as an argument, one wouldn't have many hobbit warrior heroes running around and they certainly wouldn't be as powerful as Elves or Dwarves, or Uruk-Hai's!
    2)PvMP is just a side-game and will always be treated as such - I'm not sure exactly where this meme originated from. It may have been something that was said, or reported to have been said when the game was first released but I haven't seen anyone involved in Turbine repeating it since I've been playing the game which was shortly after the games release. Furthermore I've seen many statements from Turbine which indicate otherwise - that they do take it seriously and consider it an important part of their game.

It would be really nice if a Turbine representative could put these 2 to rest for once and for all with an explicit statement to the effect:
    a) The desired objective with PvMP is to achieve a reasonable balance between the opposing forces to ensure the most fun experience for all
    b) PvMP is not a mere side game but an important part of Lotro as a whole.
    They did say a)...not sure about b) but it's sure been implied
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizladan/]Bizladan[/url] Hunter
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizldore/]Bizldore[/url] Burglar
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/nimrodel/bizldur/]Bizldur[/url] Lore-Master
    Nimrodel - Vinyara, Officer

So... they're trying to fix imbalances via corruptions.

Does this mean we will now additional slots for corruptions? If I nerf 450 of my health in order to mitigate criticals, I'm pretty much trading apples for apples and there is no real associated buff.
    [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"][B]Xavierdor[/B][/COLOR]: Rank 8 Level 75 Elf-Sapper - [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Xavierstan[/B][/COLOR]: Rank 6 Level 75 Captain - [COLOR="Orange"][B]Xavierlas[/B][/COLOR]: Rank 5 Level 62 Burglar - [COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Xavieredi[/B][/COLOR]: Level 50 Runekeeper
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B]Cortante[/B][/COLOR]: Rank 9 Reaver - [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Akavier[/B][/COLOR]: Rank 7 Black Arrow - [B][COLOR="Olive"]Pounceasaurus Rex[/COLOR][/B]: Rank 5 Stalker - [B][COLOR="Yellow"]Lancio[/COLOR][/B]: Rank 5 Weaver[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by hotinaz View Post
    Right your crying for easy mode!
    Pretty much. He needs to keep his klennex for his own use...
    Ryzom, Captain 46! (Fear Me!)
    Shiven, Warleader R5

how about a morale boost and increased dps?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#000080][I][B]Lieutenant Hydrain[/B][/I][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#800000][I]Task Master Hydran[/I] [/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

LOL, more corruptions for increase against crits!

Guess what?

The only god damn thing this will do is lower creep morale EVEN MORE, because we have to unslot a health for x trait to use it.

So, LOL. The new fix includes LOWERING HEALTH FOR CREEPS! Makes perfect sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkarianor View Post
    LOL, more corruptions for increase against crits!

Guess what?

The only god damn thing this will do is lower creep morale EVEN MORE, because we have to unslot a health for x trait to use it.

So, LOL. The new fix includes LOWERING HEALTH FOR CREEPS! Makes perfect sense!
    Very good point. Health should be going up, period. Make it a passive or something.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321301000009f9aa/signature.png]Arachnorexia[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Jalessa View Post
    Speaking for Orion - he has a fix in the works for the flags.
    I've heard something along these lines so many times that it inspires very little faith. How many times did he claim to have a fix in the works for the various bugs with hotspots?
    [CENTER][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]
    High Warden Demospata
    95 Champion
    Ramble On - Elendilmir
    [/color][/size][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    So all these new corruptions, and still only 5 slots vs 7 freeps get for their virtues...
    Freeps only have 5 slots for Virtues....equal to the number of corruptions.

What is different is 4 creep race versus 5 freep racial slots and 6 creep class versus 7 freep class slots.

Oh, and creeps don't have legendary traits.
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=silver]Nimrithil ~ 75 Champ R9, Nimithril ~ 75 Hunter R6, Kouya ~ 56 Burglar, Leyta ~ 53 Captain, By ~ 65 LM, Byfrith ~ 63 Waden, Nimadan ~ 24 Sith Lord[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=#008080]"[/COLOR][COLOR=deepskyblue]I salute you in the name of the porpoise horde.": Howard the dolphin.[/COLOR][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

[CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000000191c/01008/signature.png]Nimrithil[/charsig][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by reuben303998 View Post
    Very good point. Health should be going up, period. Make it a passive or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalessa View Post
    from the bullet list:
    Armour passives from Monster Players will now have a small bonus to critical protection for both normal and devastating critical attacks.

Edit: weirdness, my post shows above yours!
    There you go.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Nimithril View Post
    Freeps only have 5 slots for Virtues....equal to the number of corruptions.

What is different is 4 creep race versus 5 freep racial slots and 6 creep class versus 7 freep class slots.

Oh, and creeps don't have legendary traits.
    yeah and freep virtues dont have negatives...corruptions have big negatives.

While I realize and accept that some changes need to be made to increase the survivability of the creeps it is absolute BS for anyone to say that Freeps did not earn what they have. Freeps have to work through 60 levels of PVE to get where they are ( unlike creeps who are insta 60.) and that means they have in no uncertain terms earned what they have. And while many creeps do not ask for easy mode, there are just as many creeps who want easy mode as there are freeps who want easy mode. Both sides have these types of players and to say otherwise shows your that either you are completely biased or naive.
    Syphon lv100 burglar; Galadtharion lv100 hunter; Durweis lv86 guardian; Tarmature lv80 warden
    I'm huntin fo wabbits
    WINNER OF THE COVETED CHICKENZ "WORST BURG ON THE SERVER" AWARD

Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast