So in another thread I informed everyone that I have the magical list of PvMP changes coming in the as yet to be dated, Book 7. In the coming weeks we will be releasing some of these changes for everyone to see and consume. We understand that many players have been patiently waiting to find out what we have in store for monster play, so without further delay, here is the first listing of upcoming changes coming to a keep near you!
- The following skills no longer force auto-attack on or off: Blinding Dust, Blood Lust, Charge, Glory in Victory, Hamstring, Time-Out, Upper Hand, Catch Prey, Clinging Webs, Entangling Webs, Feat, Necrosis, Web the Earth, Call the Shadow, Flea Bitten, Rend Flesh, Shadow Howler.
- The following skills now force auto-attack on: Hatchlings, Smothering Web, No You Don’t, Vital Target.
- The following skills now force auto-attack off: Grasping Web, Paralytic Venom, Shadow’s Bite, Snaring Web, Sprint.
- Mitigation Corruptions will no longer have penalties. Additionally, the values for all non-common mitigation corruptions have been increased.
- Resistance passives have been increased in value.
- Resistance Corruptions have been increased (for both bonus and penalty).
- Creep vendor and barter foods have been scrubbed. There will no longer be any issues where barter food is less desirable than vendor food or where higher ranked vendor/barter food is less desirable than lower ranked vendor/barter food.
- The heal and power restore values for the Stinking Poultice, Bubbling Potion, Blood of Man, and Blood of the Fair Folk potion sets have been increased.
- Monster Players will now have access to a set of new Critical Protection Boost corruptions. These corruptions will decrease the chance that an enemy will land a critical or devastating critical hit on the monster player. The basic Critical Protection Boost corruption is available at Rank 2 from the monster player trainer. The advanced Critical Protection Boost corruption is available at Rank 4 from the Core Corruptions trader.
- Armour passives from Monster Players will now have a small bonus to critical protection for both normal and devastating critical attacks.
- Draught of Troll Bile no longer shares a cooldown timer with the tracking talismans.
- Heal, heal over time, and damage over time skills will now properly critical.
Four new corruptions have been added for Monster Players. These corruptions are available at the following ranks and values:
- Rank 2 (Trainable): Weapon Mitigation Boost (Rank 1) – adds +270 Ancient Dwarf, Beleriand, and Westernesse mitigation rating
- Rank 3 (Barter): Weapon Mitigation Boost (Rank 2) – adds +360 Ancient Dwarf, Beleriand, and Westernesse mitigation rating
- Rank 4 (Trainable): Skill Mitigation Boost (Rank 1) – adds +270 Fire, Frost, Light, and Lightning mitigation rating
- Rank 5 (Barter): Skill Mitigation Boost (Rank 2) – adds +360 Fire, Frost, Light, and Lightning mitigation rating
The Quartermaster NPC will now offer Monster Players several new potions.
- Bottled Uruk Effluvium: removes one physical and one wound effect
- Bottled Orc Scream: removes one song and one disease effect
- Bottled Spider Chitter: removes one cry and one poison effect
- Bottled Warg Breath: removes one tactical and one fear effect
Please note that these new potions will only remove effects that show a resistance type in the effect’s tooltip. For example, Effect A lists Resistance: Tactical; the Bottled Warg Breath will remove the effect. Effect B does not show any resistance type in the tooltip; none of the potions will remove the effect.
- Lainedhal’s Insignias can no longer be used in areas outside of the Ettenmoors. These items now require that the player is inside a PvMP area.
- The Chest of Glain Vraig, Chest of the Second Marshall, and Chest of the First Marshall have had their loot tables updated.
- Boss monsters in the Delving of Fror will now drop level appropriate loot.
- The slow portion of Dust in the Eyes will now be properly removed on defeat.
Update: 1/22/09 Here is the next round of updates we will be adding with Book 7! Enjoy!
-All monster player characters have had their base health increased (by roughly 10%) and power increased (by roughly 5%).
-Base in-combat health and power regeneration rates have been boosted slightly for monster players.
-All monster player characters have had their base mitigation's significantly increased.
-Monster players will now have an additional corruption slot (total: 6).
-Monster players will now have an innate bonus to critical and devastate critical protection.
-All vendor and barter foods will now have a 1 minute cooldown.
-Uruks and Orcs will now be able to perform the following emotes: fidget, kneel, liedown, point, roar, cower, sit
-Wargs will now be able to perform the following emotes: beg, cheer, hail, liedown, point, scratch, shiver, wave
-Spiders will now be able to perform the following emotes: figet, bored, pose, cower, faint
Latest Updates 1/29/09: This week I will start letting some of the individual classes know about the upcoming changes we have in store for them. So without further delay, here are the upcoming changes for the Defiler and the Reaver classes.
-Anointing of the Slick Flesh now has a 1 minute cooldown.
-Blessing of Darkness will now be affected by the Enhanced Slime trait.
-The damage over time effect of Headbreaker and Fire Gourd will now stack with other players using the skill on the same target.
-The following effects from Defiler skills are no longer curable: Fire Gourd (damage over time) and Plague Gourd (damage over time).
-Curse of the Melancholic Heart has been changed to Fear resistance type.
-Curse of Deadly Sorrows has been changed to Disease resistance type.
-Fixed a bug where Fast Lob was not reducing inductions of gourd skills correctly.
-Enhanced Slime will now properly reduce threat from healing.
-Glory in Victory has had its heal over time component increased.
-Blood Lust and Time-out will now have 45 second durations and 1 minute cooldowns.
-Time-out’s in-combat power regeneration bonus has been increased to +300.
-The damage over time effect of Lacerate will now stack with other players using the skill on the same target.
-The following effects from Reaver skills are no longer curable: Blinding Dust, Hamstring, Jagged Cut (damage over time), Lacerate (damage over time), Mutilation (damage over time) and Sundering Blow.
-Devastating Strike’s damage has been increased.
-Wrath will now drain 50% of the Reaver’s current health and add 75% of the amount drained to power.
-Increased the armour debuff of Sundering Blow.
-Fixed an issue where Enhanced Upper Hand did not increase the duration of the Upper Hand debuff.
Update: 2/05/09 Here is the next round of updates we will be adding with Book 7! Enjoy!
-Odorous Salts, Vial of Gundzor’s Breath, Salt of Hartshorn, and Vial of Aromatic Spirits will now grant a 5 second immunity to stuns and dazes after the potion is used.
-Solvent of Painful Freedom, Vial of Burzgoth’s Strength, Solvent of Release, and Vial of Unbinding will now grant a 5 second immunity to roots after the potion is used.
-Phial of Mazauk’s Resolve and Phial of Conhuith will now grant a 5 second immunity to fear (crowd control version only) after the potion is used.
-The duration of the protection buff from Akulhun’s Brands and Lainedhal’s Insignias has been increased from 15 seconds to 60 seconds.
-The amount of infamy/renown required for all ranks has been reduced by approximately 25%.
-Bears with the Brutal Slash skill have had the armour debuff portion of the skill reduced.
-Frenzy now grants a 5% bonus to evade, rather than granting a bonus to evade rating. This change will allow the Stalker to exceed the evade cap when this skill is used.
-‘Rabid Bite’ and ‘Scratch and Snip’ now have a more appropriate attack animation.
-The damage over time effect of Maul (and Bloody Maul) will now stack with other players using the skill on the same target.
-The following effects from Stalker skills are no longer curable: Maul (damage over time), Crippling Bite, Rabid Bite, Rend Flesh,Snap, and Savage Fangs.
-Flea Bitten has been changed to Disease resistance type.
-Disappear will now have a shorter particle effect and animation.
-Fixed an issue where the icons for Rend Flesh and Rabid Bite were reversed.
-Sprint can now be used while in Shadow Howler.
-A target suffering from Crippling Bite will now have two effects present, a slow effect and a marker effect. The marker effect will now be checked against Stalker skills that rely on Crippling Bite, instead of the slow.
-Increased the armour buff from Shadow Howler.
Update: 2/11/09 Here is the next round of updates we will be adding with Book 7! Enjoy!
-Steadfast Barrage will now perform faster attacks and do more damage per attack.
-The following effects from Blackarrow skills are no longer curable: Flaming Arrow (damage over time), Hindering Shot (slow), and Vital Target (damage over time).
-Fixed an issue where criticals on the second or third attack of Screaming Shafts were not doing the correct amount of damage.
-Enhanced Gash will now correctly stun on critical.
-Increased the block/evade debuff of Keen Eye.
-Increased the damage of Tainted Kiss.
-Increased the damage over time of Piercing Attack.
-Hatchlings and Latent Poison will now have different icons for their effects.
-Lethal Kiss is now wound resist.
-The damage over time effect of Piercing Attack will now stack with other players using the skill on the same target.
-Toxin is no longer curable.
-The Weaver is now able to purchase a new skill at Rank 3, called Venomous Haze, from the Monster Player trainer. This skill is a short ranged attack that reduces the skill range of enemies in front of the Weaver by 10 meters for 30 seconds.
-Increased the level of the Weaver hatchlings.
-Increased the speed of the beginning portion of the burrow animation for Trapdoor Sanctuary by approximately 50%.
Update: 2/20/09 Here is the next round of updates we will be adding with Book 7! Enjoy!
-Purge now has a 10 minute cooldown.
-The banner skills, Point-defense and Command Post, can now be used while in combat.
-The damage for Fracture has been increased.
-The debuffs from Banner of Terror and Banner of Horror will now stack together.
-The buffs from Banner of Command and Point-Defense will now stack together.
-Aura of Command and Aura of Protection can now be used while in either Brawler’s Stance of Commander’s Stance.
-Cleave, Fracture, Call the Shadow, and Intimidating Shout will now generate more threat.
-Fixed an issue where the icons for Brawler’s Stance and Commander’s Stance were reversed.
-The damage over time effect of Enhanced Black Speech will now stack with other players using the skill on the same target.
-Enhanced Black Speech has had its damage over time component changed to Fear resistance type.
-Commander’s Stance will now properly reduce threat from healing.
-Increased the stat (will and might) debuff for Banner of Terror.
So here are just some of the changes we have in store for Book 7. We will release more information about upcoming changes in the weeks to come.