We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    452

    The Hour Has Come

    The World announcement has just gone out, "World broadcast: 'This world will be closing permanently in 60 minutes.'"

    Good-bye, Elendilmir, it's been an amazing 8 years, 11 months, and 11 days.
    Milarien Cardhra of Lorien (Minstrel), Mileirien (Warden), Milirien (Minstrel), Ariestir (Rune-keeper), et al
    (Minstrel: The Tootsie Roll Pop of Middle Earth!)
    Ring Guard of Rivendell (Gladden, formerly of Elendilmir), founded in beta

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    A place where cotton grows and oil flows.
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Milarien View Post
    The World announcement has just gone out, "World broadcast: 'This world will be closing permanently in 60 minutes.'"

    Good-bye, Elendilmir, it's been an amazing 8 years, 11 months, and 11 days.
    Hmmm - I'm guessing (OK, hoping) we're now in a transition period, as the Transfer option also no longer accesses the Closed Worlds. It was my understanding that we would still be able to transfer off of the Closed Worlds after they were no longer available for play. Perhaps there's a new, soon-to-be-announced, Closed Worlds Transfer Mechanism, as I have been caught with about 8 characters left to be moved off of 4 servers.
    Be well and good questing, all! See you about Middle Earth another time!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...
    Posts
    2,014

    Smile

    Heehee, hey Milarien!
    I was dusting off some last remaining characters on a few servers. Managed to get to Windfola and dust off the little hunter, and empty her shared storage of things she needed. Got the announcement "the server will be shutting down permanently in 1 minute. Get the fireworks going!" So I honored their request and fired off a couple Anniversary Fireworks before logging off.

    Then out of curiosity, I logged in an unplayed LM in the starter area to see how it went down. The very start where you talk with Elrond, and then Talagan. Just as combat started, all action ceased. I snagged a couple screenies of the combat pose, and waited til the server disconnected to black screen with the Quit button.

    Looking forward to getting those alts settled to a server of their own, as they won't all fit with my main chars on Arkenstone.

    Only character I didn't get a chance to visit was an LM on the EU Snowborn server, but since she was the only character, she'll be the primary owner of all the stuffs in the shared storage.

    Alas dear Elendilmir, I shall treasure the time, friends and memories. *huggles*
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

    Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Westwood, MA
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Boskone08 View Post
    Hmmm - I'm guessing (OK, hoping) we're now in a transition period, as the Transfer option also no longer accesses the Closed Worlds. It was my understanding that we would still be able to transfer off of the Closed Worlds after they were no longer available for play. Perhaps there's a new, soon-to-be-announced, Closed Worlds Transfer Mechanism, as I have been caught with about 8 characters left to be moved off of 4 servers.
    Yes you will still have the ability to transfer off of the now closed worlds. In order to make sure there are no issues, we have have temporarily turned off the transfers from those worlds. They will be turned back on when all the work that needs to be done with the closings is completed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lebanon, IN
    Posts
    245
    Aww, I barely missed it! I'd left one alt on E until the very end for that reason, but alas! I'm not sure where she'll move yet, as my alts and friends are now spread across Arkenstone (my mains are there), Gladden, and Landroval. *moment of silence for the loss of our home for so many years, and for those we met along the way who have died.* It's a bit emotional no longer having that memorial of their alts still in my friends list.
    Amandakay (Arkenstone), refugee from Elendilmir
    Amorina (Laurelin)
    Hallaniel and Harweniel (Landroval)
    Lilta (Gladden), refugee from Elendilmir
    Bruyera (Sirannon), refugee from Estel

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...
    Posts
    2,014

    Thumbs up

    Ah, worried at first, then suddenly relieved in the same thread. Only temporary, good to know.
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

    Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    A place where cotton grows and oil flows.
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffy View Post
    Ah, worried at first, then suddenly relieved in the same thread. Only temporary, good to know.
    Indeed so - thanks for the update, Frelorn!
    Be well and good questing, all! See you about Middle Earth another time!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffy View Post
    Heehee, hey Milarien!
    I was dusting off some last remaining characters on a few servers. Managed to get to Windfola and dust off the little hunter, and empty her shared storage of things she needed. Got the announcement "the server will be shutting down permanently in 1 minute. Get the fireworks going!" So I honored their request and fired off a couple Anniversary Fireworks before logging off.

    Then out of curiosity, I logged in an unplayed LM in the starter area to see how it went down. The very start where you talk with Elrond, and then Talagan. Just as combat started, all action ceased. I snagged a couple screenies of the combat pose, and waited til the server disconnected to black screen with the Quit button.

    Looking forward to getting those alts settled to a server of their own, as they won't all fit with my main chars on Arkenstone.

    Only character I didn't get a chance to visit was an LM on the EU Snowborn server, but since she was the only character, she'll be the primary owner of all the stuffs in the shared storage.

    Alas dear Elendilmir, I shall treasure the time, friends and memories. *huggles*
    Griffy!!! Move your alts to Gladden, pretty please! That's where you'll find me now.
    Milarien Cardhra of Lorien (Minstrel), Mileirien (Warden), Milirien (Minstrel), Ariestir (Rune-keeper), et al
    (Minstrel: The Tootsie Roll Pop of Middle Earth!)
    Ring Guard of Rivendell (Gladden, formerly of Elendilmir), founded in beta

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    Yes you will still have the ability to transfer off of the now closed worlds. In order to make sure there are no issues, we have have temporarily turned off the transfers from those worlds. They will be turned back on when all the work that needs to be done with the closings is completed.

    Frelorn, did you get to transfer your character off it's old server yet?

    Hope you are feeling better now.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and dispair


    .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Milarien View Post
    The World announcement has just gone out, "World broadcast: 'This world will be closing permanently in 60 minutes.'"

    Good-bye, Elendilmir, it's been an amazing 8 years, 11 months, and 11 days.
    Jingle Jangle.

    Here's to everyone who made this server so amazing; Vyxe, Leon, Kriptic, Smegrat, Orak, Kiddefence, Galereon, Thaddeus, Greymoor, Hellnakh, Button, Sylidor, Yicky, Caek, Bubbadoll, Scoobypoo, Biteurarse, KG, Halrandas, IrishReaverDance, Lushable, Cowlick, MoorCowBell (Best spider of all time), Spittingsting (whom I am forever in debt to), Meraithe (Flaygots!), Fathlorn, Shray, Delheru, Snark, Naba, Vengeful (Legit played LOTRO in a hot tub while his wife mowed the lawn. Australian Status: Legendary), Amilee, Galuf, Pukish, Spartanblood, Killmeplz, and so many more that I should remember and wish I could.

    I was so lucky to land on this server by chance. So much more lucky that I clicked that monsterplay button before my initial 14 day trial expired.

    Thanks for everything, E!
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

    Even my Signature is trolling!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    889
    I still find it odd that this server did not make the cut, but rip E.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload