We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

Signed,
    Bengrimm

/signed...

/signed

Freeform interior placement please!
    [CENTER][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=4][B][COLOR=Magenta][COLOR=DarkOrange]♥[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=4][B][COLOR=Magenta] Dyjia Shajahai [COLOR=DarkOrange]♥[/COLOR] [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Captain [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=4][B][COLOR=Magenta][COLOR=DarkOrange]♥[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff3380]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=3][COLOR=YellowGreen][B][COLOR=DarkOrange]▬[/COLOR] Landroval Server[/B][B] [COLOR=DarkOrange]▬[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff3380]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff3380][COLOR=Yellow]☼[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff3380][SIZE=3][URL="http://my.lotro.com/tinrae"][SIZE=2]Visit me on MyLotro.[/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff3380] [COLOR=Yellow]☼[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][COLOR=DarkOrchid]
    [/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway! [/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrchid]
    [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

In regards to foreclosure:

I agree fully with an Ultima style of housing, the house falls into to disrepair after a few weeks or months, then ultimately be labeled abandoned (with your stuff going into escrow.). After Abandonment the house begins to deteriorate down to its foundation.

Following this idea: (mentioned in the bullroarer thread)

I would love to see player crafted houses. One idea that was played around with in my kin; What if it was possible to "craft" repairs every few weeks instead of pay up keep. It would create more need for crafting skills and let the user be overall responsible for the responsibility of owning a house. To explore this even further it would give "abandoned" houses a second chance.

A Player walks into an older neighborhood and sees a few abandoned houses. The player walks into one he likes and "Crafts" the renovations to make it a livable space. It would be nice to pick from a set of 5 or 6 different housing designs in each teir so a player can full customize the look of the lot.

Just adding 2 more cents, think I am at a buck fifty now.

Agreed housing is definitely in need of some love.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000171df3/01002/signature.png]Vanate[/charsig]

/signed

The irony here is that folks are CLAMMORING for housing love.

What did they work on last book? A revamp of Bree. A revamp of Bree? I'm sorry, was someone asking for that? Was running back and forth from The Pancing Pony to Barrow Downs THAT much of a "I'll never play this game again" moment ??

Well, since we're asking for housing love....I'll assume B9 will be a revamp of Staddle/Combe instead.

/signed

The age and length of this petition says it all. And while I'm grateful for the Bree revamp (it made leveling my new alts a little more interesting), I would much, MUCH rather have some housing improvements, hands down.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/unlikely_superhero/lotrocharacters_zpsd7nf06sh.gif[/IMG]

/signed

The housing system needs some love.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000013ee56/01008/signature.png]Laurela[/charsig]

/signed

Change!

/signed

Please make housing what it should be!

I miss my EQ2 housing period... I go back from time to time just to see it. And, yep, the housing pets are awesome. If the LOTRO devs need some inspiration on how to do housing go take a peek at EQ2. Your game is better, but, your housing leaves much to be desired in functionality especially.

/signed

Swolecatxx1 Guest

/signed. A lot of people I talk to think nothing will ever be done, but I hope to God the devs read this and see that changes need to be made.

/signed Enlilas. Just bring on a few short term contractors to develop this area if it is not practical to dedicate Turbine employees to the task. This really needs attention, please.

/signed Ryuuroden

I want to see larger homes with more hooks or purchasible additions
    Freeps:[color=red]Kallen|Lore-Master (MAIN)[/color],[color=grey] Ryuuroden|Hunter[/color], [color=blue]Hideyoshi|Champion[/color], [color=orange]Linalee|Captain[/color], [color=green]Arvernus|Warden[/color], [color=purple]Precia|Rune Keeper[/color], [color=yellow]Qfeuille|Burglar[/color], [color=red]Ascoeur|Minstrel[/color]
    Creeps:[color=red]Otakuwolf|Warg[/color], [color=grey]Nissassa|WL[/color], [color=blue]Guzel|Reaver[/color], [color=orange]Fuzzywatze|Spider[/color], [color=green]Thundershat|BA[/color]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000c8134/01006/signature.png]Kallen[/charsig]

/Signed also.

And what about a kinship neighborhood?

Pay a little premium and get neighborhood with only one kinship house, the rest is deluxe/standard house that can only be bought by kin members.

Leave the kin, lose the house.

My ideas

1 - Allow a Stabble for our horses on our houses

2 - Allow more interact stuff, like sleep on beds or mirrors

3 - Allow more houses sizes or diffrents visual (inside and outside) for houses with the same size

4 - Allow pets for houses, i see birds, but why we cant have dogs, cats, or fishs?.

5 - How about parents? like house-wifes or kids running around ( ok, thats too much but looks nice)

6 - I can see windows outside, but i cant see windows inside, this is surreal! :P

7 - Could have employed, maid, gardener, etc.

lets make lotro more real...

sry about my bad english friends... i try
    Last edited by mestredosmagos; Jul 20 2009 at 12:22 PM.

More discussion is needed.

More attention is required.

The most common excuse for not revamping housing is that it takes time away from other projects that people care about more. Well I say with a revamp, more people would care about it.

New endgame is all well and good, but with new expansions, it's going to get harder and harder for new people to reach, meaning developing new and improving existing early stages needs to be a priority as well. They already put a good amount of time and effort into revamping early Bree quests, why not spend some of that time on housing?
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/unlikely_superhero/lotrocharacters_zpsd7nf06sh.gif[/IMG]

Thumbs up Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

What we have to do is try to bring the maximum possible attention to this issue.

I agree that most people want to have the most power and the value items, theresonly player who wants to kill monsters and gain XP.

But as a player of paper and pencil RPG, I think this type of interaction as the houses give to us make the game more real. Because the bravest adventurers need a home to rest for some time.

I think the developers should give more value to this type of thing.

So lets draw the attention of all to succeed in improving this part of the game.

If Asheron's Call could do housing hooks where you could put any item you wanted on a hook... let LOTRO do the same, considering it's a far more advanced game!

If it were up to me, take hooks out all together, but the way items are in this game I think hooks are the way to go, but do it like AC did it. No small, large, thin requirements. Let us put any of our items where we want! Thats what makes houses unique! The way things are now does not make a house unique!

I have old bows and weapons I would LOVE to put on my walls.. Maybe make that a start... add the ability to add weapons to hooks!

I hope we see housing upgrades in the future!

21. Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

The housing in EQ2 was my favorite part of that game. I'd spend hours decorating and redecorating, buying and making furniture, and playing with my house pets. My daughter was the same way, and would spend all the money I gave her on furnishings. She once spent two platinum on a pet baby dragon. There is a lot of freedom in where you can place things. You can resize them, make them float, turn them to just about every angle... and on and on. If you want to see what I mean, here are a couple of my old places (these links lead to the EQ2 boards) -- Quabbin's Home and Aileas's... uh, sushi bar.

Really, though, I do love LOTRO and I absolutely adore having a yard (something you don't get in EverQuest 2) -- and I don't want the housing to be exactly like EQ2 (I mean... I made a widescreen T.V. - a little bit anachronistic, I think) but I just wish I could put that doggone bearskin rug in front of my fireplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Quabbin View Post
    The housing in EQ2 was my favorite part of that game. I'd spend hours decorating and redecorating, buying and making furniture, and playing with my house pets. My daughter was the same way, and would spend all the money I gave her on furnishings. She once spent two platinum on a pet baby dragon. There is a lot of freedom in where you can place things. You can resize them, make them float, turn them to just about every angle... and on and on. If you want to see what I mean, here are a couple of my old places (these links lead to the EQ2 boards) -- Quabbin's Home and Aileas's... uh, sushi bar.

Really, though, I do love LOTRO and I absolutely adore having a yard (something you don't get in EverQuest 2) -- and I don't want the housing to be exactly like EQ2 (I mean... I made a widescreen T.V. - a little bit anachronistic, I think) but I just wish I could put that doggone bearskin rug in front of my fireplace.
    Very nice places dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Quabbin View Post

Wow! Just amazing setup there.

I've been looking at webpages with people showcasing their homes in games like EQ2 and SWG. Two games that are pretty old, and yet have some of the best housing systems ever. I really wish Turbine would step back and truly consider putting some development into LotRO housing. Heck, just looking at that makes me want to sign up for EQ2, just so I can create a house I can be proud of! I really enjoy housing, and the ability to create a place of your own. I've been known to spend more time farming for housing trophies, than looking for groups to get better gear for myself.
    Last edited by Karhald; Jul 29 2009 at 01:18 PM.

*scribbles name on petition*

Housing needs lovin' badly! I'm also an EQ2 dropout and sorely miss the housing system there, not to mention the storage possibilities from that game. As a crafter, you need storage.

The hook system frankly bores me to tears. I miss being able to decorate my house however I saw fit.

And while we are on topic, take away this new fee system from book 8 - its a pain in the rear for people who play on multiple servers or have to be away (while still paying subsciption fees.) If we are paying to play the game in real life, why are we being punished in game? (Another place where EQ2 has a better system for housing - I could go back after 2 years and my house would be as I left it by paying the first weeks rent.)

I play with the MyLotro kinship on Landroval as well as with cross-server friends and I have a house because I want the storage for my many crafting alts. Its bad enough having to pay rent on something I already bought for a ridiculous price and cannot upgrade without losing my original investment. But having to practically repurchase my house every time I take an extended break to play on Meneldor is annoying. I go back and have to grind gold just to get to my stuff instead of getting to have fun questing. This change has me boggled at how stingy LotRO is about these things and wondering if/when they ever upgrade the servers they will make housing more lovable and less frustrating.

PS: If they won't fix housing at least make storage more accessible so we can nix the houses and store the housing decoration items in a vault somewhere. They give us all this cool stuff and not enough room to store it. *sigh*

PPS: I really like LotRO a lot though, this is just my biggest pet peeve in the entire game.

As the devs keep saying, their team is not big enough to produce new content, fix the bugs that team creates, AND work on "frills" like the housing system.

Lotro unfortunately seems to be getting neglected by turbine, and the Dev team is obviously dwindling.

Time to start looking for a game that has support and staff.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast