We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    /signed (again)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001fd173/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed

Free placement would be awesome, but at least some more hooks please!
    Lasswen -Elendilmir Hunter
    ~The wind is full of a thousand voices~
    No Whole Bard

Signed! Come on Turbine!

Quote Originally Posted by Ameesa View Post
    Got busy IRL and just noticed this, sorry for the late response. I never said I wanted LoTRO to be like SL. They are two VERY different places. The gist of my statement was that I spend quite a bit of real cash there, I would welcome the opportunity to throw some of what I spend there to Turbine, and that all it would take is an upgrade on the housing. I spend next to ZERO on LoTRO now except for xpacs. I love supporting the games I enjoy, but for me, right now, I have little chance to spread some of that love to Turbine.
    You might say you have cash to spend on housing, but there's no guarantee you will, nor that anyone will. They'd have to do it like "Hey, y'all, if enough o' y'all put enough money up front, we can start to make housing improvements." Otherwise, they'd wind up spending resources to make changes they have no guarantee would result in more revenue. I bet most players don't give half a hoot about housing.

Quote Originally Posted by maxjenius View Post
    You might say you have cash to spend on housing, but there's no guarantee you will, nor that anyone will. They'd have to do it like "Hey, y'all, if enough o' y'all put enough money up front, we can start to make housing improvements." Otherwise, they'd wind up spending resources to make changes they have no guarantee would result in more revenue. I bet most players don't give half a hoot about housing.
    If most players don't give a hoot about housing, why are there so many LONG threads about it? I am a raider in a raiding kin with about 30 active members and most of our members are into pvp also.

After having many conversations about it - most of my kin members and friends either:

a) Refuse to mess with housing or even purchase a house until it is revamped, and would love to see a good revamp; or
    b) Have a house (or more) and really want the revamp.

Minor amount for comparisons but enough for me to believe your guessing statement of 'most players' is wrong.

And to also believe it is wrong of Turbine to assume this would be a money/time sink when in fact it would most likely be a good investment for them. I know I'd spend hundreds of real world dollars on a worthwhile housing system...but the current one is garbage. It is just a (bad) storage system, a minor discount and a single free port and will NEVER get a dime much less a dollar from me.
    [CENTER][COLOR="Orange"][I][SIZE="1"]This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by lostinjapan2 View Post
    If most players don't give a hoot about housing, why are there so many LONG threads about it? I am a raider in a raiding kin with about 30 active members and most of our members are into pvp also.

After having many conversations about it - most of my kin members and friends either:

a) Refuse to mess with housing or even purchase a house until it is revamped, and would love to see a good revamp; or
    b) Have a house (or more) and really want the revamp.
    And yet they are all still playing, apparently. 'Nuff said.

And to also believe it is wrong of Turbine to assume this would be a money/time sink when in fact it would most likely be a good investment for them.
    They're not going to invest the resources necessary based on a few forum posters saying "I'd totally pay real money for better housing." I wouldn't spend a wad of spit on improved housing.

And yet they are all still playing, apparently. 'Nuff said.

They're not going to invest the resources necessary based on a few forum posters saying "I'd totally pay real money for better housing." I wouldn't spend a wad of spit on improved housing.
    That is you. It is fine that housing isn't important to you - PVP is unimportant to me (clarification: LOTRO PVP is unimportant to me because I find it incredibly boring), but you don't see me going onto the PVP forums and saying things like 'Turbine shouldn't waste their time, resources and manpower on this system because it is useless and no one cares'. It would be an assumption based on my OWN feelings without evidence in fact.

You, sir, are making assumptions based on your OWN feelings about housing. There are MANY people who want to see housing improved, just as there are MANY people who are interested in improvements to PVP. Not everyone, but I doubt there is any system in the game which grabs every player's attention.

I've known people who enjoy crafting and people who don't. People who enjoy raiding and people who don't. People who enjoy taking their time, questing and exploring and others who just want 'end game'. We are all different. To ascribe your own feelings to the majority of players in the game is a bit egocentric.
    [CENTER][COLOR="Orange"][I][SIZE="1"]This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

I hate that all the houses in your neighborhood are basically vacant/locked as the owners have gone away from the game. Time to foreclose on those dead beats. The ability to transfer neighborhoods would be nice.

Definitely need more options for decor, such as more craftable items. Do away with the hooks and remove size limitations.

Something I would love is maybe the option to turn a room into a treasure room. Adventurers accumulate a lot of treasure, let it be seen!

More, bigger, non-kinship restricted houses.

Increase housing storage to 2x whatever the number of decorations there are. Maybe make a "door" that leads nowhere, but opening it opens a giant storage vault for housing decorations only. Call it the "Attic" or something.

How about stables at each housing area entrance with the ability to at least swift to/from the nearest major hub, if not all of the major hubs. I bought the house at Thorin's Hall for it's close proximity to the stable and other superior craft work areas. Would have rather had a house in the Elf housing area.

Being able to purchase Superior Workbench/Forge/Study/Oven for your house, maybe tie it in to being mastered or a certain guild level to use it. It only makes sense that someone that is master of doing something would have a place in his home to do it.

Thumbs up

/signed

Any devs ever responded to this petition ?
    Itll be great to see most (or at least - any) of the changes from this topic in-game

Thumbs up

~signed~
    Housing should be looked at.

/signed

As I've said in the other petition thread, the housing system on LOTRO was the only letdown when coming to this game and the lack of any official feedback is disheartening. After coming from a system that allowed hookless decoration (even tiny things like being able to display weapons on walls as decoration rather than selling/binning them or placing unusual-looking items on tables to display them) and yard pets to display your unused pets/mounts the highly limited system here is both frustrating and makes it appear that the development in this area is seriously under-par.

$signed$

/signed

I'd actually love to spend a lot of time and quite a lot of money (if needed) for a well-thought housing system. Like in Eq2 (personally, I think it's great). Or at least Skyrim (it does have a couple of good features like designins and then building your own house with resources you can collect yourself). It's enough to take all the good features from other games and put them together to make all us very happy=) No need even to think out something new & unique to LOTRO (though Turbine is capable of it, for sure).
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp300/sekriola/lotro/%20_zpstxenc4oo.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by lostinjapan2 View Post
    That is you. It is fine that housing isn't important to you - PVP is unimportant to me (clarification: LOTRO PVP is unimportant to me because I find it incredibly boring), but you don't see me going onto the PVP forums and saying things like 'Turbine shouldn't waste their time, resources and manpower on this system because it is useless and no one cares'. It would be an assumption based on my OWN feelings without evidence in fact.
    The difference is that my characters own a house (including a Kinship house), so I, as a player, participate in the housing system. You evidently don't participate in PvP at all (nor do I, but that's beside the point).

You, sir, are making assumptions based on your OWN feelings about housing.
    No, you are doing that. You are assuming that enough people will pony up the cash to make it worthwhile for Turbine to improve housing. As they say, talk is cheap. What guarantee does Turbine have that people will pay enough money to improve what probably most players consider an unimportant and irrelevant add-on?

There are MANY people who want to see housing improved
    There's nothing wrong with wanting to see housing improved. If housing improvements were implemented (and they did not cost points), I would take advantage of them.

To ascribe your own feelings to the majority of players in the game is a bit egocentric.
    Then perhaps you should stop doing that.

The difference is that my characters own a house (including a Kinship house), so I, as a player, participate in the housing system. You evidently don't participate in PvP at all (nor do I, but that's beside the point).
    Again, assumptions. I've tried out pvp, both as a freep and as a creep. Quite a bit actually - which is why I can state factually that I find it boring compared to pvp in other games.

No, you are doing that. You are assuming that enough people will pony up the cash to make it worthwhile for Turbine to improve housing. As they say, talk is cheap. What guarantee does Turbine have that people will pay enough money to improve what probably most players consider an unimportant and irrelevant add-on?
    It is not an assumption when there are literally thousands of posts on the subject of housing improvements. When someone posts a 'poll' in the general forums asking what is the number one thing each player would like to see improved and the majority of those people respond with 'housing', when quite a few of those people posting said they would gladly pay cash for a true revamp, and when the majority of the people I asked in game said the same.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to see housing improved. If housing improvements were implemented (and they did not cost points), I would take advantage of them.
    Again, that is you. Good for you.

Then perhaps you should stop doing that.
    And that is just rude and trolling. I'm beginning to believe that is your sole intent in this forum - to troll. If you don't care about housing one way or another as long as it costs you nothing - why even bother sticking your nose much less your 2 cents in the housing forum? Don't even bother to answer - it is rhetorical.

Thumbs up

/signed

The new Rift Housing Dimensions sure look tempting.

/signed

Housing must be increased! Plaese!
    [IMG]http://lux-hdro.de/generator.php/Espina/2/27/2/2/85/Pogorausch/0/3/0/0/0/1/2/8/8/8/8/8/8.png[/IMG]

Thumbs up re: housing system upgrade

/signed

Any kind of upgrade in this area would be a move in the right direction! I hope the day when housing becomes more than just glorified storage is not too far off
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000edc55/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'd like to have stables for all of my horses too (and pasture).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000da1fe/signature.png]Bregyn[/charsig]

/signed
    [url]www.sentinelsofhope.guildlaunch.com[/url]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/m9U3OIV.jpg[/IMG]

Signed

/signed

and ROAR!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000004a85d/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed

I don't think it'll ever happen. I've given up hope.
    Dwarrowdelf Server - Elthorik 85 CPT, Throryn 85 CHA, Dwaldin 85 GRD, Durlag 85 MIN, Wargstalker 85 HNT, Piestalker 68 BRG

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast