We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    /signed

What everyone else said!

Agreed.

I've come back after a looong time away, and I really was expecting housing to have been improved. I was surprised that the hanger/hook system is still in-place, considering how unpopular it was from day one.

I want somewhere to put all my fish! :P

/signed once again.

Bottom line Turbine, I'm a Founding, Lifetime member. That means the ONLY money I put in right now is for expansion packs. The 500TP per month allowance, buys me nearly everything I want in the store. You want me to spend more actual cash? Make a "fluff" xpac to upgrade housing, with no hooks, stables, perhaps a few items or cosmetics, etc... then flood the store with stuff I want in that house. I love having a house, but I'd love it more if I had more creative freedom over it. From what I've read, I wouldn't be the only person willing to fork out some money for a real upgrade to housing. I currently have a deluxe Bree house and the only room that looks real, is the smallest one in the house. The rest are far too empty. Throw us a bone, upgrade the housing.

+1 on this.

So many problems. Housing storage used to be the main way to share storage between characters, but is now superseded by actual Shared Storage. If you're going to revamp this, I think this needs to be a wholesale revamp. In case nobody has noticed, people in real life don't live as far as they can get from a city. Put the housing in the cities, make quests for housing areas, change the furniture/lawn system to allow players to fit item wherever they want based on its size, and allow crafting areas either in housing areas or even in a house. I really love the new chicken coops on my front lawn, but it's sad that probably no one else will ever wander by and see them.

/signed

Apart from the fact that I have much more cool stuff to display than I have space, I always thought the 'deluxe' houses look so empty. No realistic house would have such empty floors and walls. It just doesn't look right. So, even after 5 years of playing, I still own the small house because it looks much more cosy. I could do with the extra chest space from the larger houses and I would really want one, but I can't bear the empty walls that are officially "filled".

It would be great if we would just have more decoration slots per house. Everyone would be able to show more stuff and the interiors would look better for it. Win-win!
    Ravanel (lore-master) | Ravalinde (rune-keeper) | Ravenwyn (captain)
    ~ Gilrain ~
    ravalation.blogspot.com

/signed

More splaces to display items and maybe option to purchase an extra chest above what is already available to store extra trophy and such.

/signed

Also, my neighborhood is a ghost town. Can't we attach neighborhoods to major to major towns (ie mic delvin) so maybe there would be a little more traffic. Some neighborhood quests with house rewards, fishing tournament something!!!! Such an awesome feature hat is being underutilized.

/signed

something needs to be done! Im ready to pay some real money to get a better house.

/signed

please hire these guys

Article
    Last edited by .Onji.; Aug 26 2012 at 03:14 PM.
    Anju - Onji - Yuku
    Evernight

/signed

I've spent hundreds and know people who have spent thousands on housing in Second Life. I'd love it if Turbine gave me the opportunity to spread some of that cash into LoTRO. I'm here for the long haul, not just a quick dash in, race to cap, dash out again. I want to make a more pleasing home here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameesa View Post
    I've spent hundreds and know people who have spent thousands on housing in Second Life. I'd love it if Turbine gave me the opportunity to spread some of that cash into LoTRO. I'm here for the long haul, not just a quick dash in, race to cap, dash out again. I want to make a more pleasing home here.
    LotRO is not Second Life, and I doubt Turbine wants to try to make it more Second Life-ish. That said, having noted that this thread was started in 2008, it's clear some people have been dissatisfied with housing for a long time. The worst thing they did was to instance housing at the neighborhood level rather than the dwelling level (like EQ2 does). If it were instanced at the dwelling level, every Kinship could have that Elven neighborhood Kin house right on the river.

Signed

/signed

Hi all,

Turbine please, please forget about all the fancy things people want here, just disband, after 6 months of unpaid house, the owner and make it available for others. This is madness when from around 20 houses max 5 is used(best case), more or less its ghost houses owned by people who are not playing this game for few years even maybe. Why to make new expansions when level of gameplay/world/atmosphere is droping with every new expansion.

With all do respect, this is problem for last 4 years, how actually blind/deaf should game developers be, to not do anything ? This reminds me about dictators, cause i understand its not possible to do some stufff in few months, ok one year, ok 2 years MAYBE, but 4 years, are you kidding us ???

Im big fan og J.R.R Tolkien and Middle Earth and it makes me said when the game who has the best story line to become the best MMORPG fails to do such a simple things...

Still thank you for all effort people that works on this games puts, and after RoR comes out, take a time to fix all the small bits, that people are talking for last few years.

Thank you !
    Last edited by Theowien; Sep 25 2012 at 04:25 PM.

BUMP for the 7th time. Every festival you release cooler housing barters, and trophies always abound. My question is: Who even has room for these new pieces of Art? It saddens me that some young graphic designer slaves away making them-never to be even "hooked" in my or any other player's house. COME on fix the housing, give us more hooks, just triple them. (You can even sell really rare items in the store to make up for that design cost!) I've given up on a revamp.
    -agentdirty-rank11 reaver
    -dirtiolas-rank8 hunter
    -cleanolas-rank6 blackarrow

I can't remember if I signed this petition before but doing so now. With all the new housing items from quests and festivals where am I supposed to put it all?? Having to keep cycling items in and out is tedious and takes up room in my housing chests. I have two homes, a kinship house and a deluxe and I still have a lot of stuff that I would like to display but can't. I am past thinking that we will get free-form housing but please more hooks so we can at least show the items we want to.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

The gold standard really for custom housing and such in an online game is Ultima Online. You get a foundation slab take it from there. All manner of wall choices, fencing, roof styles, up to four stories worth and storage in the thousands.....THOUsands of items and lockdowns. Each container holds 125 items and there's none of this bound to account stuff.

Want to live in the ruins of an old monastary? Okay. Care for something a bit Castle or Keep-like? You get the idea. Makes these instanced neighborhoods interesting.

But does it matter in instanced housing? Houses in LOTRO don't exist in the world. Your collection of odd and unique and nevermore items are seen by whom? Your friends, kin mates if you have a house tour or social event.

Let's say your proud of your house and the stuff in it and want to let anyone see it who has a mind to? Have the ability to register your house at the main gate. Let me, the tourist, select public access houses. Give me a few stats.....number of public houses, number of custom houses and, when I enter, turn on that gleaming glowing "Yeah, this is the thing in the quest you're supposed to click on" effect for public access places.

All of this? Not likely. Some would be nice. After all, who spends any real time at their house?

Petition for housing system upgrade

/signed

Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

/signed

- Free placement, scaling, a lot less limited number of items.

- Allow them in the world, I want others to see what I am doing with the system.

- Customisation is always good. I love systems that let people get creative, with their own logo, graphics, etc. Go beyond what is expected, innovate!

/signed

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by maxjenius View Post
    LotRO is not Second Life, and I doubt Turbine wants to try to make it more Second Life-ish. That said, having noted that this thread was started in 2008, it's clear some people have been dissatisfied with housing for a long time. The worst thing they did was to instance housing at the neighborhood level rather than the dwelling level (like EQ2 does). If it were instanced at the dwelling level, every Kinship could have that Elven neighborhood Kin house right on the river.
    Got busy IRL and just noticed this, sorry for the late response. I never said I wanted LoTRO to be like SL. They are two VERY different places. The gist of my statement was that I spend quite a bit of real cash there, I would welcome the opportunity to throw some of what I spend there to Turbine, and that all it would take is an upgrade on the housing. I spend next to ZERO on LoTRO now except for xpacs. I love supporting the games I enjoy, but for me, right now, I have little chance to spread some of that love to Turbine.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast