We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

/signed once more
    Turbine, talk with us.

Isin't that what you promised this year?

Show it.

Quote Originally Posted by dadiro95 View Post
    Isin't that what you promised this year?
    IMHO - You are getting the wrong meaning to this corporate speak phrase. It means that Turbine will provide more information prior to the implementation of potential controversial changes.

I believe housing falls under the category of completed feature which will receive little to no funding. Therefore, there is nothing to talk about. This promise is not applicable.

Maybe we will get a Nereid announcement like we did with the Legendary Item system. We are happy with the state of the system after the completion of the phase 1 changes. Phase 2 is cancelled. Or if you are really lucky, Nereid may say we are going to start work on housing look for something 2013 after Riders of the Rohan.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

If anyone has played Star Wars Galaxies you know how awesome a good housing system can be.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205010000112a2a/signature.png]Thedonkeyslayer[/charsig]

/signed

Perhaps my memory is failing me, but I thought Turbine had promised housing upgrades "soon"... a long time ago. I hope we get some news on a timeline for housing improvements. New zones, mounted combat, more quests... all very nifty, but I would rather have a housing upgrade.

The housing system really needs more hooks. In addition, it needs more seating and furniture types. Interactive furniture would be a massive improvement (the kegs and light fixtures are nice, but just the tip of the iceberg).

Houses could be a great place for roleplay. Imagine having a large table surrounded by chairs where kinship meetings could take place. How about a table where you could slot in food items, which people could actually eat and drink? The holidays would be amazing!

I would really love to see the security system upgraded. I would like to be able to assign permissions on my house to other kinships, not just my own kinship and other people. Many kinships have "alt kins" and it would be awesome to link all of the kinhouses together.

I would also like to be able to put more living things in my yard. The guards are nice but they don't really do anything. It's a shame they don't walk around and patrol. I'd like to be able to put chickens, horses, dogs and other domestic livestock in my yard. A stable item would be awesome.

I'd really love to see the seasons change, too. It looks really strange to put snow-covered trees and snowmen in a Falathlorn yard.

The only suggestion I've seen that I don't like is the idea of consolidating neighborhoods. Too many kinships have gone through the effort of organizing "kin neighborhoods" to throw in random people. I would love to see houses owned by players with inactive accounts returned to the pool, but not switched for a more active player's house.

Wow, I saw that this thread was started in 2008. 3 years later and it hasn't changed one little bit!! It still has the same exact problems and people still want housing to be for something, rather than just another cosmetic! I still think they dropped the ball with housing. It was horrible on release, and with no changes since then, it's even more horrible, because the rest of the game has totally changed! They plopped it down and washed their hands of it. I still wish we had a real housing system like other games have.

/signed

I would like to see more storage and hook points. After having a house since they were first available, I have crammed my medium house pretty full.
    Korafa - Hobbit Minstrel
    Thog - Dwarven Champion
    Ttef - Hobbit Burglar
    Losst - Elven Rune Keeper
    Katryan - Elven Hunter

/signed

Housing is so impoirtant to role play, anbd to individual pride for those that do not. Serious upgrades and changes that allow is to decorate our own homes is an imperative to long term play.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000000f176/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rhúnen hwest am laws a nîf,
    Am baradh gwaew esgal, faen gaer thinnathâr.

/signed

plz Turbine, how many years can it take?

Thumbs down Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

Just Bumping this every year like I do! 3 Years in a Row.

GO WB!!-way to listen to your custmers 50 pages and counting!!!

I know it is so hard to do. But imagine the cosmetic and housing income you can make from extra TP if there were 200 more hooks!

But, go ahead design more Mounts everyone needs 35 ponies.
    -agentdirty-rank11 reaver
    -dirtiolas-rank8 hunter
    -cleanolas-rank6 blackarrow

/signed !

Housing and Kinship revamps we need

/signed

Revamp housing and put a ton of new decorations/upgrades in the LotRO store. I'll buy them all, I promise.
    Paislea - Minstrel | Staesia - Champion | Thaewyn - Lore-Master
    Not all who wander are lost...

Wow, this thread has been going in since 2008 and still no housing-anything. That is rather disheartening.

Regardless. You have my signature on the situation. I love the housing system and really feel as though they need to do something with this really bad. Especially since we're darn near at housing capacity and yet the current players can't even buy a house because non-playing individuals have taken up all the spots.

It would be so nice to also have more room (hooks) for items. I wonder if the housing project really is "discontinued" without them saying it themselves.
    [center][FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DimGrey"]||[/COLOR] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/winterlok/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Winterlok[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DimGrey"]|[/COLOR] [URL="http://www.landrovaltimes.info"][COLOR="NavajoWhite"][B]Landroval Times[/B][/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DimGrey"]|[/COLOR] [URL="http://lonelymountainband.guildlaunch.com/"][COLOR="MediumVioletRed"]The Lonely Mountain Band[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DimGrey"]||[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DimGrey"]||[/COLOR] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/208317/146929937845762407/"][COLOR="NavajoWhite"]Cloverlily[/COLOR][/URL] - [COLOR="IndianRed"]Minstrel[/COLOR] [COLOR="DimGrey"]|[/COLOR] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/208317/146929937845429776/"][COLOR="NavajoWhite"]Cyrsi[/COLOR][/URL] - [COLOR="CadetBlue"]Rune-Keeper[/COLOR] [COLOR="DimGrey"]|[/COLOR] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/208317/146929937845695517/"][COLOR="NavajoWhite"]Nyin[/COLOR][/URL] - [COLOR="MediumPurple"]Lore-Master[/COLOR] [COLOR="DimGrey"]|[/COLOR] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/208317/146929937845088264/"][COLOR="NavajoWhite"]Pippadora[/COLOR][/URL] - [COLOR="Olive"]Burglar[/COLOR] [COLOR="DimGrey"]||[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DimGrey"]||[/COLOR] [URL="http://www.alice-kaye.com/"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Alice Kaye :: The Rantings & Ramblings of an MMO Addict...[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DimGrey"]||[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

/signed

I hope that Turbine can invest some more time in developping the housing system than always focus on leveling and new area's. There is more to Lotro then just leveling ... that is why i have choosen a RP server since i started with the beta version in 2007.

Also expanding the kinship ranking systems would be most welcome !!!

I have played the other tubine game (Dungeons and Dragons) for a month and they have a great guild systems there ... maybe the developpers of lotro can check with their co-workers at D&D for this ... it would mean a great improvement!

Now all kinship ranking are at a stand-still already for ages
    Last edited by Legionair; Feb 17 2012 at 02:47 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000001ab3/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Eldoran: Leader of the Dutch speaking kinship HET LEGIOEN VAN ERIADOR (Laurelin-Server)
    [IMG]http://lotro.vianees.nl/images/layout/legioen-logo.png[/IMG]
    [URL]http://www.legioenvaneriador.com/[/URL]

/signed

Yes, Please. Just do it.

People want it.

They are willing to Spend Turbine Points on it.

Just do it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000025b84f/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed

WTB prime location (nearby park/statues, landscaped, shops/vendors, tavern) luxurious house w/ house guard, 3 chests, 150 interior hooks, 20 exterior hooks for 2500TP each.

/signed

over 4 years ago this thread was made... and still nothing! Pretty shocking really its almost as if Turbine made the housing system then let it gather dust to be forgotten about

Housing needs love (L)

/signed
    Alot of the ideas i read are great, so lets hope they do it
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000031a6d/01001/signature.png]Sollick[/charsig]

The US is our trading partner, our neighbour, our ally and our friend... and sometimes we'd like to give them such a smack! - Rick Mercer

Did not read thread so these may have been suggested already.

Delete current housing, takes care of locked/none for sale problem.

12 months later.
    New Housing System!
    Houses are instanced and scattered through out the starter areas, this will limit yard options and size.
    All houses start as small, bought with ingame coin and require maintenance (but no maintenance paid = no house)
    Expansions for the house are TP store items.

Add housing instances to all regions that require rep to buy. All other things remain the same.

***get rid of hooks, if you can't figure that out just delete housing and be done with it***

I think they should add crafting tools to your house that give special bonsues. That way players could actually go hang out in their house while crafting and would give players more of a reason to actually be in the neighborhoods.

/signed

Each toon should have 1 house each.

/signed

Please work on housing! More furniture and either more hooks or take out hooks and let us place stuff where we want it inside and outside.

/signed

we are waiting for too long

Please make bound boss trophies Bind To Account. I don't even bother anymore trying to redecorate with 9 Mains each having trophies unmoveable. Sending them back to escrow everytime, just to figure out yet again who has access to what is an absolute pain, and even in Decoration mode, there is no indication who they are bound to. That icon in the rotation pop-up only says Bound. Not to mention the half-a-minute logout/login between characters makes this a time-consuming process, when ideally I should be able to quickly rearrange for 5 minutes and be back out in the game world providing some life out in the field and visibility to other players.

Since right now I'm limited to one house per my account of 17 characters, at the very least allow the Bound to Character items to at least be able to be stored in my house vaults so I can see what I have at a quick glance and know right off the bat which characters I need to visit to use them. Most of my trophies are hidden away in personal vaults, mostly forgotten.

Also, inconsistency in bound decorations. For example, some of my assorted flower and vegetable gardens aquired from festivals are not bound at all, but others of the same thing are. That makes no sense to me.

And don't get me started on the hooks system. My Deluxe Shire House has an ungodly amount of empty floor space. One table in the center of the main room, but no chairs to go around it? No place to sit near the fireplace to cozy up with a good book and ale? Who places a bed smack dab in the middle of the bedroom? My hobbit, I guess, since that's the only location it fits. Even with every hook filled it still feels very sterile and impersonal, like a hunting lodge or a museum.

Somehow, I'd bet the homes that the developers of the housing system go home to when they're done at Turbine for the day are nowhere near as sparse and bland as what they offer us in-game.

/Signed.

I'd love to see something finally done with the housing. The hook system makes it very hard to have something that's personalized. Beds usually all go in the same 'large furniture' slot, tables and chairs are stuck where they can be put, and everyone ends up having the same basic layout. Unfortunately.
    [center][color=hotpink]Mredothyn[/color] / [color=darkred]Attanamir [/color] / [color=green]Vallye [/color] / [color=seagreen]Hrafen [/color] / [color=royalblue]Duvainn[/color] / [color=gold]Larkyl[/color] / [color=orangered]Ansithe[/color][/center]
    [center][color=deeppink]Landroval[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Glyngaris View Post
    /Signed.

I'd love to see something finally done with the housing. The hook system makes it very hard to have something that's personalized. Beds usually all go in the same 'large furniture' slot, tables and chairs are stuck where they can be put, and everyone ends up having the same basic layout. Unfortunately.
    Agreed. It's a shame such a great role playing, atmospheric game has lack luster housing. Please upgrade it Turbine.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast