We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by FelaX View Post
    1. Turbine won't reply here.
    2. They'll never do anything to change housing unless it makes money.

So......Turbine. What if I say I'm willing to pay good money for a bigger house, more slots for housing items, more chests more.....

What I want:
    - Neighbourhood looking less dull and more lively.
    - Bigger neighbourhoods as that can be done through layered instances.
    - More choices in housing size. 5 sizes from small to enormous (for those with tons of gold)
    - Boot people out not paying upkeep but keep their items in escrow permanently so they wont loose anything when they get back.
    - More interior hooks or remove them and make everyhting freely placeable.
    - Store exclusive housing items, floors, walls, exterior wall, exterior floor, exterior roof, exterior ornaments (you know like the gargoyles on the Notre Dame. I love housing and fluff.
    - Walk in closet with a raid gear exposition and whatever else you want in it.

I'm willing to pay TP for it as long as I get bang for the buck! Turbine wake up! I'm willing to give you $$$$$$$$$$. You know the green stuff everyone loves so much.

/signed
    Some good ideas here. /signed

Quote Originally Posted by Cammunition View Post
    Now that LotRO has layered instances, I wonder if Turbine could implement in-city housing.
    The main concern with having housing inside of Bree, Rivendell, etc was that the traffic in and out of the houses would produce horrible lag. However, now that layered instances have reduced in-city lag, they could be viable. Have some rooms in the Prancing Pony to rent, a Flet in Lothlorien, room in the Forsaken Inn, etc. Best of all, there would be no abandoned houses. Players would only see the same building exterior. If they 'owned' the interior, then they would be sent to their instance of the interior when they enter the door, while other players would be sent to their instance. To visit other player's instance of the same interior players could use a 'Register of Tenants" billboard that transports them to interiors other than the one they own (and if permissions have been set).
    Turbine: this. /signed

Quote Originally Posted by Channah View Post
    1.) a. Keeping the hooks: Make the current hooks one size fits all.
    b. Getting rid of the hooks: Put in place a cut, copy, and paste system to put things where we want to put them. Unlimited items. Example: 4 framed pictures on a huge blank wall to fill it up. The end result is a cozy place, just like real life.

2.) More crafting items. We should be able to acquire every single item in the game for a.) crafting, b.) quest rewards, c.) random deeds, and/or d.) random world drops. For instance: There is a nifty braided rug, tapestry, plant holder I'd love to have in my home.

3.) Make table tops accessible. For instance: Crafted vases to be place on TOP of tables, rather than on the floor.

4.) Allow exterior of homes to be painted, and even surfaces changed.

5.) Add a public mailbox near housing vendors.

6.) Add a stable point outward bound to the housing salesperson.

Turbine: this too. /signed

Yes I know I am just requoting and signing everyone else's suggestions...but they are all darned good and feasible suggestions. And Turbine has ignored housing - a potential gold/money sink if there ever was- faaar too long. Time to focus on the fluff, guys.

I'll put in a signature for this. I would dearly like the awful hook system to be done away with and allow free placing of items and trophies.

I haven't read this whole thread, and maybe some of the suggestions are harder to implement than others, but it seems to me that making trophies bound to account and able to put in housing chests would be relatively simple. It's extremely annoying trying to move decorations around and them being bound to another character, but they don't even say which character they are bound to.

Another thought, maybe not original as i haven't read this whole thread, but why not have gardens in the yards that you can use for farming. That seems to fit with the lore (and common sense) better than having public farming fields where anyone can farm.

/signed

This thread began Dec 2008. And many of the same things they asked for then, we are still asking for.

Turbine, what needs to happen to get housing some luv?

Signed, by someone who enjoyed the UO housing system so much and would like to see a bunch of the great ideas here implemented.

Cheers.

Its incredible to see a thread started in 2008, with 30000+ views and relatively little change from Turbine concerning housing in general. Sure there are a few minor new things, upgrades, tiny additions and the such, but to be honest, relatively little overall change.

HOUSING HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL TO BE SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!

I am a pretty hardcore PvPer and PvE-raider - even I want to see housing get some love, and that's saying something.
    [CENTER][FONT=Garamond][B][COLOR=#424242]« [COLOR=#FF0000]S[/COLOR]eyz [COLOR=#FF0000]V[/COLOR]anguard - R14 »[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042040000000a4551/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Petition from 2008 !

/sign also, keeping some hope.

Another idea for housing. Make a deluxe house as big as a kin house for people like me that have a lot of stuff to put in them. Then make an even bigger kin house. I do agree with all the other changes here on the forums that have been stated and we really need to get some housing love VERY soon.

I'm all for signing this I want an upgrade to the whole housing area and I love the ideas, many which I've wondered why they weren't already in place, such as removing hooks and allowing any thing anywhere I want to put it in MY house. Who cares what the neighbors think if I want to put a huge tower and dragon skull and other large obnoxious items in my front yard please let me! Oh and some of the outdoor housing items.. really they should be allowed inside for the size of them and visa versa for indoor items.

Okay I'm done ranting for now since a lot of what I would say has already been said.

./signed!!!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000012aec2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

We have been begging for this since housing went live... hopefully someday they will listen!
    [URL="http://www.council-of-eraidor.com"][/URL]

Thumbs up Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

/signed.
    not much to say in addition to what was asked in the latest.
    I would suggest to make "another" (without checking i imagine that it exists already) summary of them with a big/medium/less support level to avoid having to read everything (I didn't and i don't expect Turbine to do so). I would add in the title the latest date taken into account and a sticker in the first page of the forum to avoid missing it.

/signed for all these great ideas too!

I'm a new player desperately saving for a deluxe home to host band rehearsals in. But like some have complained already; the current market doesn't offer me very many choices. I'm afraid I'm gonna be stuck living next to hill-billies with 6 snowmen in their yard : /

I like the ideas of having more than just two sizes of personal homes, instanced housing within cities sounds great, and even though I don't own a home just yet, I'm afraid I'll be frustrated with the limitations of the hook system too; so free placement of decorations sounds nice.

And like many others here, in-game housing is definitely something I'd pay cash for as a premium player.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemer View Post
    I'm afraid I'm gonna be stuck living next to hill-billies with 6 snowmen in their yard : /

I like the ideas of having more than just two sizes of personal homes, instanced housing within cities sounds great, and even though I don't own a home just yet, I'm afraid I'll be frustrated with the limitations of the hook system too; so free placement of decorations sounds nice.

And like many others here, in-game housing is definitely something I'd pay cash for as a premium player.
    Consider yourself lucky if you live next to such a hillbilly!

The upcoming MMO ArcheAge has some amazing looking housing. It is apparently in-world and furnishings can be placed anywhere (with a great variety of furnishings). It at least shows what is possible.

It is my hope that the devs are working in secret on a housing update that is more amazing than our relatively low expectations of more hooks and instancing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000105d2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Crispian View Post
    Consider yourself lucky if you live next to such a hillbilly!

The upcoming MMO ArcheAge has some amazing looking housing. It is apparently in-world and furnishings can be placed anywhere (with a great variety of furnishings). It at least shows what is possible.

It is my hope that the devs are working in secret on a housing update that is more amazing than our relatively low expectations of more hooks and instancing.
    I know Guild Wars II features player housing too and that should come out later this year I've heard. I don't know much about their housing system, but everything else about the game appears to be very well done^^

may be all of us who love the housing aspect of the game could buy at least 1 housing deco (if there is one available) in the lotro store to show turbine that improving its housing system is financially viable

i'm a scrooge when it comes to spending turbine points but if there's a concerted effort to that effect then i'm all for it, just hope the housing deco (if there is one) doesn't cost more than 100tp

& may be renovations or house pets could be sold at the lotro store, if the game does introduce pets, can u make it possible to breed them & send them to other players as gifts

& pls allow the transfer of house ownership from 1 toon to another

hi i really like this game very much.

i would like to see more housing, yes we have 2 houses that we as players can buy. but as players and if you're not going to start your own kinship you can't buy the kinship house. i would like to see us have a third house for us to buy that has at least 5 good size rooms and a third chest. if i was allowed i'd but a kinship house. i don't want to start up my own kinship i just want the bigger house and storage chests.

I've been in the game for almost a year and a half now and haven't heard anything about housing updates. I doubt they are thinking about it at all.

It's a shame because it could be a money maker. They could be designing housing items just for the store instead of recycling items from the festivals. They could sell actual housing types. The sky is the limit.

It seems most mmorpgs think that housing is beneath them even though it is obvious that many people like it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000001e881/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I require The Sims: LOTRO level housing! =D (actually that would be awefully neat to have the sims level of control)

I'd love to see an improvement... there was some event announced a week or so ago where gms were gonna come around to people's houses and give rewards for nicely decorated ones -- and I was GOING to participate but every time I go to work on my house I get frustrated in about 5 minutes as to how little I can do. Like I'll put down a table and .. dang it why isn't there a spot to put something on the table, or a spot to put a chair next to it. Hey I'd love to put this archway over the walkway to my house but -- nope -- can only put it to the left or right? That looks like #### so nevermind. I end up getting frustrated and just dumping my stuff into a chest and moving on.

I know at one point semi-recently a dev posted for thoughts on housing so there might be some thoughts about it going on that aren't being discussed right now. Can only cross my fingers on that. =)
    (Retired from Freepside)
    Freeps: [color=#9999ff]Elerene[/color], Ikaelus, Graedus, Ziebold, Saracia, Zandiran, Erunir, Jaenda, Derwisch, Gwendilas
    Creeps: [color=#ff9999]Ishtiluk[/color], Sranakh, Fangborn, Tolorath, Oroknash, Logarat

We certainly do need more places to put furniture, even if it remains a hook-based system.

It seems like the hooks are placed for people who want to display trophies more than set up a realistic looking abode for roleplay.

It has been a long, difficult, often frustrating wait for a housing update.

I would sincerely appreciate it if Turbine would at least tell us if an update is anywhere on the horizon.

Here's my Wishlist for housing:

General
    Added NPCs moving about in the homesteads
    If you have guards they could shoot intruders
    World Bosses visiting homesteads (a longshot but hey, I think it would be cool)
    Ability to craft housing items like weapon racks and armor stands (obviously requiring more materials than their live counterpart)

The House itself
    Ability to paint your house
    Ability to change surface of house (e.g. wood/stone/brick)
    Ability to add a number of cellars and an attic for 1000 TP each (and an increase in upkeep due to the larger space, e.g. 50% upkeep/upgrade)
    Ability to buy a "treasury" for 1000 TP with extra chests
    More hooks for trophies

Decorations

Enormous Yard
    Stable
    "Extra" house with some interior hooks
    "Workshop" containing all superior crafting foges/tables/etc
    Numenorean Ruins

Huge Yard
    Festival tent
    Travelling fair (including vendors)
    Pole with dancing hobbits
    Ale-tent with dwarves quaffing

Large Yard
    Superior crafting for all professions
    Numenorean Pillar

Small Yard
    Interactive Target Dummy
    Orc-Head-on-a-spike

Doormats
    Cracked stone (basically a skin that would replace your current stepping stone with a cracked version)
    Mossy stone (you get the idea)
    More Doormats
    Hobbit Sweeper (who wouldn't like a hobbit sweeping your doorstep?)

I have hoped for this since I began playing years ago. The thing that bothers me most is how in my standard hobbit home you have to place a bed in the middle of the room because it is the only large furniture hook. Free placement would make it so much better as has been trumpetted in past posts. I really liked the idea of a stable too, I buy all these horses and if i could house them on display..would be great!.

First things first though..free placement of hard sought after items, more room for items to be displayed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000020538/01008/signature.png]Toggo[/charsig]

I really hope that at some point they will give some love to the housing system. Furnishing the houses right now is super rigid and there's not much room for creativity, or, you have to be super creative to create something that actually might work or look nice. One of my pet dislikes is that placing a chair next to a table is only possible in certain spots, and even then the chair is far too far away to be of any use. (The chairs are funny everywhere though, they seem to jump back automatically no matter how close they were to the table originally...) It would really be nice if there were no hooks and you could place the items wherever you want, or at least more hooks to allow for more flexibility.

Other than the obvious problem with furnishing, I would like to store bound items into the storage chests, like other people have suggested, maybe more storage space, and something to do in the house/neighborhood other than shop, drop by in your house and maybe do some fishing. I see a lot of potential in the areas - why not add more interactive stuff? Crafting? Games? Stables? Maybe seasonal quests & games (or some simple repeatables in general)? Something to make us WANT to spend time in the neighborhood instances and our houses.

Pretty please Turbine, make the housing worth our time and our pixel money.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast