We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

/signed

They do have it on their to-do list though, just very low priority and they dont know when it will be done. So yes, they are aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woffen View Post
    /signed

They do have it on their to-do list though, just very low priority and they dont know when it will be done. So yes, they are aware of it.
    And you know this to be true how??
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001b4a32/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/Signed

I really would like to see a change on housing

Thumbs up Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

/signed for bump's sake.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000000f822e/signature.png]Duncair[/charsig]

Housing ins in major need of an upgrade, its really sad that they havne't done anything with it, then they promised some upgrades finally, then those got back burnered.

/signed.
    10charc

/signed.

Come on Turbine get off your bums.
    [INDENT][CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000074436/signature.png]Kangaru[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

{Aahz-75 Wa_den- parked}
    Older than dirt and still making mudpies....[/INDENT]

Please...
    /signed.

signed as a two house-owner!, so count this double please!

I will sign this one too, this time on Turbine's forums now that I finally have access here too. ;-)

In my opinion, the enhancements asked most would not be that hard to implement, but the roadmap for the changes would be quite long. Here's a few things that seem to be the most wanted features:

1. Free placing of decorations: Will need complete reworking of the house interiors, but will also give a huge boost to the willingness of people to actually get a house in the first place. With the current system, most players just ignore housing completely. I still like making my houses feel like home.

1b. New decoration items: Decorations are very time-efficient to make compared to cosmetic outfits, as the developers don't need to worry about clipping issues, or test how they animate. They just need to sit there and look pretty... Make them store exclusive recipes, or plain items, in any case it's a good way to make more cashflow... I know quite a few graphic artists who could make one decoration per day, and make them look better than the current ones are, so it's not hard at all.

1c. Make the upgrade from "old" houses to "new" houses a store feature: Put a TP price for the upgrade from the old hook-style to the new free placement a buyable feature with TP. I know for a fact that there are a lot of players that would pay the TP immediately to get to actually decorate their houses... Even some who would buy a house if they could.

2. Make the furniture truely usable: If I could sit around a table with my friends, I would invite them to my house. If I could sit in my hunting trophy room in front of the fireplace with my girlfriend, on the same bench (yes, I know, two people on the same bench?!), I would actually use my house. Some candles and the fireplaces are clickable, why not make the benches and chairs that too (it's not that hard to do, even AoC has it, even though it's pure combat game... I could program that feature in a few days, and I am not professional...)? Even make the "new improved furniture" only available with TP, or make them store exclusive recipes...

3. Chest space: Adding more chests, or making the current ones bigger would make the desirability of the houses outweight the price of them by a large margin, even for players that only get a house for the extra space. This would be a "cheap" (very easy to implement) solution to get people to spend some more real money on the game, if the "bigger chests" feature was buyable only with TP. I for one would pay that immediately.

3b. Make the chests able to hold bound items again: The feature was there, and even though I understand the reasoning for removing it (people filling the chests and then deleting the chars), it still downgraded the usability of the house by a lot.

4. Kicking out house owners after they have reached the maximum price to unlock a house: If the people leave their house for months, they are not giving Turbine any income during that time anyway. In most cases the people are not planning to come back, so maintaining resources for them is not a good way for a company that does actual business. Or make it so, that VIP players have no upkeep, and the unpaid time begins only after their subscription runs out.

4. Make the furniture truely usable: If I could sit around a table with my friends, I would invite them to my house. If I could sit in my hunting trophy room in front of the fireplace with my girlfriend, on the same bench (yes, I know, two people on the same bench?!), I would actually use my house. Some candles and the fireplaces are clickable, why not make the benches and chairs that too (it's not that hard to do, even AoC has it, even though it's pure combat game... I could program that feature in a few days, and I am not professional...)?

The fact that there are not that many people who actually care about the housing actually indicates that the housing is badly designed, not that they don't want houses. It only means they don't want houses as they are now (of course there are people who just don't, and they have a right to not want one). Just look at the sheer amount of people who play home in the numerous Facebook games(farmwhatevers), that are not actually even fun, and definitely not good games in any way. And they pay for them... I would even bet on the fact that having good housing system would get new players who don't even want to quest. Player housing is quite a big part of roleplaying to some, and if it was even decent, it would bring more players.

/signed

4 years and no house system revamp despite many petitions for it.

Is anyone really passing on our feedback to the devs?
    Victuswolf - Rank 7 Warg
    VaeVictis - Rank 7 Weaver

Server Snowbourn - Member of the Blackpact

/Signed.

I would be elated with free placement...we had this in Runes of Magic. I have the deluxe elven house, and I hate how I have this huge entry way with wasted space! I have some fantastic furniture items that I would love to use, but due to the hook placement, they sit in my house box in hopes of a change, unused. It makes me sad when I go to Rivendell and see many of the same furniture items I have placed the way I would place them! "Frodo gets to put that chair and table there but I don't?" Grrr.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001736f3/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    |Princess Yasmyne Parvaneh - LM| Darling Andena Duran -RK| Barmaid Dahalia Sevingy - Guard|

/signed

I really hope they start looking into this, otherwise soon housing will be gone...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000020d7a8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thumbs up AW: Petition for housing system upgrade

/signed

would be great.

/signed
    LOTRO Housing has been back-burnered for way too long. It's time time Turbine started throwing some resources at a housing redesign/revamp. Right now it's stagnant and dying.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000042a575/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed.

Hey, they did do something for housing this expansion. They made the "Summerfest painting" smaller. Not that anyone asked for that.

Of course, I have to ask, why? That painting was cool in it's original size. Now, not so much. Is there next target the "Painting of a Watchful Warg"? "That warg's just a bit too menacing, let's make it smaller!"

And then they can ignore housing for another year (or two, or three, or four....)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001fd173/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Signed. There is so much unused potential.
    [center]Vindrayeth - Hunter R9 :: Ovric - Warden R7 :: Alkhemyst - Defiler R5
    Officer of Nexus
    Ettenmoors purist[/center]

One of my favorite parts in Middle Earth... but, since I'm coming from Second Life, it's also major let down. Houses need major overhaul, including different houses in different areas - and also, current Kinship houses should be allowed to be bought by individuals - make more extravagant versions as well.

And one more thing - HOUSES SHOULD BE TRADEABLE! This would make life looooot more interesting, to get just THAT house from THAT area you want...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221000000145b92/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I signed this way back in January of 2009 (Post #10) shortly before I left the game for well over a year. A big part of my leaving was because of Turbine's stubborn stance on housing and fluff in general (as per many discussions with Devs here in the forums). I came back this past summer and was really disheartened by the fact that Turbine had done absolutely nothing to improve the housing - NOTHING. NADA. ZIP. ZILTCH. - in the nearly 4 years since it was introduced into the game even though the vast majority of players agree that it is by far the worse 'feature' (and I use that word generously) in the game and the worst housing of any MMO, past or present. It's truly a shame because it could add so much to LOTRO and would have a HUGE potential for items in the LOTRO Store, but who in their right mind would spend Store Points on items for their house when there is no room to use what's available for free in the game, and no one would see it anyway because no one uses the houses or the communities for anything more than walk-in storage units and for the discount on items and repairs.

Turbine's Devs are some of the most talented in the business. If they were given the go-ahead to improve the housing, possibly even devote an entire expansion to it, I'm sure that they could make this the most awesome MMO housing in the industry and as a result, greatly improve the game, the subscriptions, and the bottom line of the Store. The problem is though, that whoever has the authority to impliment this has their head stuck in a very dark orifice and refuses to acknowledge that the housing in LOTRO just out-and-out suks and chooses to simply ignore everything and anything related to housing here in the forums.

I seriously doubt that they will ever fix the housing in LOTRO choosing instead to just keep adding more useless housing items that only take up more storage space or become vendor trash because there is simply no way to use them with the current limited system of hooks and ghost towns. What a shame.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][SIZE=4][I][COLOR=orange]Adder[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=orange][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=80048"][COLOR=orange][FONT=Book Antiqua][B]Hidden Nuggets we see all the time...[/B] [/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=lemonchiffon]- Hall of Fame Forum[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Adder%E2%80%99s_/Mood_y_Emote_Compendium"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=orange][B]Adder’s /Mood_y /Emotes Compendium[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=Book Antiqua] [COLOR=lemonchiffon]- [/COLOR][COLOR=lemonchiffon]LoreBook[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=161639"][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][COLOR=orange]Announcing LOTRO Total Housing Redesign![/COLOR][/B] [/FONT][/URL][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=lemonchiffon]-[/COLOR] [COLOR=lemonchiffon]Suggestions Forum[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

This shouldn't be difficult to understand, you are loosing $$$$ Turbine. There are certain things that I'd pay TP for to improve housing and others would as well. Here are the things that should be done:

1. Free form placement. This HAS to happen. I have so many housing items that go to waste because I can't place them all. Just make a limit of number of items that can be placed in a house (couple 100 should be good) and a decent number of yard items as well. I want to make my property more forested. This should be FREE to anyone with a house.
    2. Introduce paid expansions to the house. Basement, Stable to display horses in the yard, Crafting area of choice (wouldn't mind a small addition to the house with a forge...)
    3. Other upgrades to the house that potentially provide buffs. Like a well rested bonus if you are in your house for a certain amount of time that gives rested XP or something...
    4. ????
    5. Profit!
    [COLOR=cornflowerblue][/COLOR]

/signed

1.) ALLOW TO BUY/SELL SPECIFIC HOUSE!!! (typical problem : empty ones near kinship houses)
    2.) Make neighborhood alive..
    a) More house surroundings (garden, archer area, gym etc.)
    b) New hobbies connected with housing

I'm just surprised that so many people ask for these changes and nothing changed yet.
    Last edited by shann81; Oct 26 2011 at 07:17 AM.

if they yust make for example, a river near housing areas where you can catch special fish, a trainingdummy somewhere near, more crafting supplies or even supplies that can only be bought at housing area...even small things like that would change the total view of housing

/signed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e01000026dbfb/signature.png]Lorewriter[/charsig]

[url="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?418366-Journey-through-Flame-and-Darkness"]Wanderer of the Yourney through Flame and Darkness[/url]

Thumbs up Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

Signed need more updates and bigger houses
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/232210000000f8048/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

maybe reserve certain areas for players to actually MAKE there own houses. ths could also create some new crafts (joiner, stone mason (dwarves get a bonus?), etc etc) and i feel would be very 'lore appropiate' - a ranger making a small log cabin for him/herself in the Chetwood, a Gondorian knight deciding to build himself a brick townhouse in Minas Tirith. By the time we get to Mordor there will be plenty of areas to develop - Osgiliath for one.

Ok I rambling now but you get the idea?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001cba22/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I totally agree with most of the poeple who signed here:

More hooks (or showing space), more places to get houses, more storage places (even if it's with money or points exchange), more rooms (or buyable additional rooms), possible crafting facilities (at least for kin houses), dummies and other training facilities, near the neighborhood

/signed

Urzin, lvl 65 Rune Keeper
    Urzo, lvl 63 Hunter
    and a bunch of alts...

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast