We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Unhappy Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

I do like LOTRO but the reason I do not paly a lot is because of the housing...

1. Its has a high cost to purchase and than the weekly upkeep is also high
    2. limited space for trophies to be displayed.
    3. Limiting how we can display/decorate
    4. House pets, I have a ton in EQ2

I PAY FOR MY EQ2 account faithfully every month because of housing...by the way you can now own multiple housing per character...so whether I play or not I still have my home, I just make my weekly rent payment and re-enter my home.

Turbine is awesome but the limits put on our imagination is wrong..

free up the housing to allow decorating to be easier
    and maybe drop the weekly cost a bit I mean in EQ2 the basic Inn you start out with is 5 silvers a week, the price increases with each Inn room or house, and if I do not play for a while I just do not pay until I return which I'm about to go play now!

Still love LOTRO though they just need to fix this issue after all enough people have made the suggestions.

Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

I'll happily /sign any petition to improve housing. I'm really disappointed with Turbine. It's like they're taking the self-defeating path certain other companies have taken (poorly implementing a "feature", then pointing at the poor reaction by players as an excuse not to improve it :/ - see also Cryptic and Star Trek Online re: Klingons :P But I digress)

There are tons of little things they could do to improve housing that really wouldn't take THAT much extra effort. If they'd just put in the work, I'm sure their data would reflect it.

Anyway, I happily bought 7 Chestnut because I absolutely fell in love with the view, but with the scant decorations available I really don't know what I'm going to do with it yet.

/signed
    I've just abandoned my house. And seems like Turbine doesn't care if I abandon the game too because housing was such a let down

/signed

want my house to have use
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000010e617/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The Darkhorse will rise.

I believe it would be kool if they had some kind of like crafting thing you could buy if you got to like, kindred with the guild. Something you could put in your house to craft in it! I think people would use their houses a lot more often rather than it being a more neglected portion of the game. Like if you had the option of buying a superior workbench, study, forge, etc.

Also housing update in general would just be much appreciated! XD

/signed

AW: Petition for housing system upgrade

So first of all I am apologizing for my english, I haven't writen englisch for over 10 years or so.

The housing system of lotro isn't that bad, but there are some improvments that should be very easy to realise.

1. We don't need hooks, without them it would be easy to make your house your home and feel comfortable.

2. Why can't we put crafting zones into out neighborhoods or even in our home? I would love to have an little forge in my backyard or elsewhere in MY ground.

3. I have abandond my house at the dwarven neighborhood because I needed some space with water, so I rent an house in the neighborhood of that filthy little hobbits... my friends have rent a house in the bree neighborhood... I would love to life near them BUT I am not willing to pay another 7 oder 8 gold just to rent a new house... If I would get some back from my actually house, then I would leave the neighborhood and go to bree. So let us sell our homes pleasy, not even for the full price!

4. The neighborhoods are an great idea, but please put in soome wandering NPCs or pets... Most of the time in there I believe I am the only thing that lives in there!!!

5. I would love a new craft to build only furniture and such things.

I have played UO for many years only for my house. I didn't have any great fighter or so... I just had my worker and build some furniture for my house and friends.... I love Lotro and I love Middle-Earth! So please give us the best housing that has ever beend released! I know you can do this!

/signed

Two things I would luv to see:
    1. Stables in the housing instances.
    2. Housing instances in higher level areas.

And since deluxe houses are limited how about more storage for normal houses.

It'd be nice to have:
    1 - Port to and from house (be able to go to the house and back to where you were previously, for a large fee of course - possibly VIP or TP only?).
    2 - More permissions control, allow us to set various different levels of permissions including letting them pay for rent, teleport to the house that you bought, open the mailbox, etc...

Thumbs down Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Aradun View Post
    new craft to build only furniture
    You can already build furniture with existing crafts.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousPyro View Post
    allow us to set various different levels of permissions including letting them pay for rent
    You can already set your permissions to allow people to pay rent.

/signed

One more idea (sorry if it's already been said):

Why use different items to color walls and floor? They're the same colors.
    I'd like to see one item per color that can be applied to wall, floor AND furniture.
    It would be nice if we could change color to the furniture as well.

Bump

On the hope a developer reads this before they waste time making anymore fall festival housing items.....
    -agentdirty-rank11 reaver
    -dirtiolas-rank8 hunter
    -cleanolas-rank6 blackarrow

/sign.

I also gave up on housing. has turbine ever responded to the requests for update? Is there any feedback from the devs at all?

Quote Originally Posted by trogg View Post
    I cant say strongly enough that we need a better system than housing wall hangers. Simply there is just not enough spots to put all the cool stuff. I propose one of two things must be done please.

1. Please give us more spots to hang,place, and display our housing items.

2. Better than that would be to let us put our interior items wherever we like. Please do away with interior hangers all together. Housing in other games do it, so I know Turbine as good as they are can do it too. I understand the outdoor scenario, but inside we should be able to decorate at will to a certain number of items.

/sign Trogg
    Also /Signed
    I'm afraid the last game i played with housing was oblivion, and made the assumption due to the nature of this game, that housing would be even more awesome, but instead after much saving and buying the house finally, i was incredibly disappointed. It drives me nuts that i have a lot of small furniture and a number of empty large spots, why can my item not go there, in reality it could GAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post

Here you have a mechanic for a really cool permanent showroom for players achievements in the game that could stand the test of time throughout Expansions and you're treating it like an ugly stepchild? Really?
    You understand the mechanics of 'housing'. It may be that some games do not understand that mechanic.

While going through quests and deeds you have some activity, but each of those items are just a line in a completed quest form as you move to the next quest, or in some cases unlocking some abilities. And much of MMOs is about accomplishment, about achieving something. Even if is is only time in a game, it is still some challenge, and then some accomplishment.

The housing is a repository of each of those accomplishments, and by having a robust housing, where different achievements are seen, even if mostly only by the player, it becomes a form of journal for the player experiences over time.

While each level, each new character, and many quests is another thing to 'accomplish' the housing is a way to revisit those accomplishments and by that, it gives them more value, and ties together the separate experiences into a coherent story line for the time playing the game.

It is a visual interactive representation of accomplishment in a game. Then on top of that is the creativity of style for the method of decoration.

So it makes sense to have many more housing options.

Items like Epic armor, player crafted armor, and special costume items, can have that same functionality, as a person has some item that represents an accomplishment. Also why gaining such items should be difficult, since the feeling of accomplishment is proportional to the difficulty.
    Last edited by Retrell; Sep 19 2011 at 08:19 AM.

/signed

Just left go of my house, only a few deccies in there as I got bored with it and never went back - didn't even use it for storage after a while...

/sign

Any of the above.

Not that I think it will do any good, but

/signed.

I honestly dont really think that the houses thier selves should be upgrade but more or less the community areas i think they should add in like a community crafting area it could even be like and upgrade that after so many people donate enough money to thier community that they get a crafting hall. this would promote more use of the houseing area and might even get turbine to look toward your other suggestions but as it stands right now most dont even use thier houses thats why they are probably not thinking about upgrading them.

/signed

but, this thread was created 3 years ago in 2008, so I am beginning to judge whether or not Turbine or any blue-name has seen or considered this, and similarly to the awesome housing suggestion in the Suggestion thread.

/signed

OK devs, expansion is out, time to atleast answer to this thread. Dont ignore this, this is an important thread to alot of players. So again, When are you going to revamp the housing system?

/sign

Make owning a house meaningful and exciting...

/sign

Houses that are locked due to lack of maintenance should have items in the house moved to escrow and then unlocked, ready for resale.

This could reduce the need for new homesteads and revitalise existing ones.

Releasing the furniture from hooks would allow far more creativity. Purchasing more from the store and adding new items to place in houses would greatly improve the interiors and allow more individuality.

I agree with this thread! /sign

/signed

Housing is a fun add on but it needs work.

/signed ...
    in an attempt to keep this thread alive in the ever-diminishing hope that some intelligent developer will see it, and bring it to the table next time the folks at Turbine have a 'What Next?' meeting.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast