We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

This may have been mentioned already, but I'm a little too lazy to wade through 275 posts.

There is an understandable reason why Turbine does not want every toon to be able to own a house. If every character of a particular account in a particular world had a house, that account could have up to 17 houses, most of which would rarely be used, leading to chronic ghost towns.

However, only allowing one house per account, per world isn't a good option either. From a role-playing standpoint, it's ridiculous. No lore-abiding elf would be caught dead in a dwarf home, and men and elves wouldn't live in a hobbit hole (think of the scene in FotR where Gandalf keeps hitting his head on the ceiling).

The best solution is to allow one house in each of the four racial housing areas per world for each account (for a total of four houses per world). This not only limits the number of houses that could, theoretically, lie unused on each world, but it also provides the flexibility players want.

Turbine, please be reasonable. Compromise is what's needed in this situation.

/signed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000006a50b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Hundvir - Lvl 75 RK | Periadoc - Lvl 41 Burglar | Estelriel - Lvl 75 Warden
    Proud member of Daro A Maetho, Elven RP Kinship, Crickhollow

Probably signed a few of these over the years, but I'll sign this too.

The housing could be huge hit if they'd develop it more. I know people that play games just to build, decorate and craft things, you'd potentially be opening the game to a whole other segment of players that will give you money!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000014a2c4/01002/signature.png]Wunder[/charsig]

/signed

Barely ever use my house anymore for lack of utility/community. Basically just a dump for trophies. Which I have too many of to even put them all in the house. This alone should indicate a problem in the housing system. Come on Turbine, fix housing please!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000019491d/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Learael Longshanks, Officer of the Dawnbreakers - Vilya Server
    ...and numerous alts

Add my voice, if it's not already added in this thread years ago.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000033c1/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    MMO Progression: Earth and Beyond > SWG > WoW > Lotro > Wow > Lotro > Wow > Lotro > AoC > WoW > Lotro > EQ2 > Wow > Rift > WoW > Rift > Lotro > SW:TOR

What's interesting is, that Turbine must know quite well how important housing is in such a game. After all they put it in in the first place, and they've long supported it with new furniture. Seeing how the other pure vanity system, cosmetics, is beeing treated with tons of items, the wardrobe and extra outfit-slots, makes me wonder why something similar isn't happening to housing. Adding a closet for unplaced decorations, and putting some of the many pieces of furniture already in the game, but not available to players, into the shop cannot be that big an undertaking.

Are they just copying someone elses market research nowadays ?
    WoW doesn't have housing, so it can't be all that important, right ?

Good things, unfortunately, take time. I could well imagine that there absolutely aware of all the potential, especially thinking about the store, but certain limitation keeping them from implementing it right away - and thus it's put back in line until other things are solved or done.

Tbh I'm quite disappointed with the layout of the store all together. Browsing there is not easy or intuitive.

On the homesteads themselves I particularly don't understand why our houses are instanced as well. I would so love to leave the door open and just go in and out.

To anyone who is going to PAX - be our ambassador - ask them, let them know Housing is important, be heard, squeeze everything out of them

Say:

"Yes, RoI, nice nice, but let's talk about housing."

"Oh that looks like a neat feature definitely, what can you tell me about housing though."

Please don't forget to report back to us
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][B]Rouven[/B]* – official representative** of the silent[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] majority[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] for 130 years[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]¸[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000044504/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][URL="http://my.lotro.com/user-1069763/2011/05/18/the-footnote/"]Important [I]footnotes[/I] to the above can be found here.[/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

/signed please!
    I'm very new to the game myself, but I can say one of the reasons I picked LOTRO as my new MMO was the talk about housing. I can understand the 1 house per account, though it's still a little tough on my decorating instincts, but barely being able to use the dozens of furniture pieces I have is not so fun. And I just have things from the vendors! More slots would be wonderful, or better yet, the ability to move stuff around even! But more slots for stuff, pretty, pretty please!

/signed
    Improve please, what rest said.
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Yeah, come on Turbine! Make housing more enjoyable rather than being just a big closet.

I know this has been said before, but I must reiterate, why not in-house crafting stations?

One idea I had, not sure if anyone else thought of this, but if we could lay down in our beds we could get all negative effects take away?

Also for a short while after getting up from bed, we could have some sort of buff?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000000f3b2/01003/signature.png]Ceolwerd[/charsig]

3 years and still nothing

Programmatically there must be huge hurdles to overcome otherwise I cant see why upgrades havent been considered yet. It would be a huge draw and lotro store moneymaker.

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by rigg View Post

7. Please allow us windows we can actually see out of.

THIS!!!
    /signed
    Borntown ,4 year veteran

Turbine, what you should do:
    Create a diary/news/post, on thoughts of how to improve housing systems..
    or atleast show us that your listening by ANY MOD posting in this forums.

Cool Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

/signed

am the same and i agree with 95% everyone!

Pleeeeaaaasssseee! can we get some housing updates!

former swg player and LTP to Lotro

Doesn't matter if any Mods are listening to us. it's the Devs that need to read and interact with us about this issue. And from what I see on other threads, there isn't much interaction from any of the LOTRO/Turbine staff.
    On a side note: I broke down and bought a deluxe house, only due to the fact that the location is great. Now I pay rent for something I'll seldom use. I will keep it due to its location and in the hopes that one day these folks will remove thier heads from the dark places they reside in and fix the housing and make it something all of us who are home owners will be proud of.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001b4a32/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I posted a similar thread in the wrong section obviously, a little new to the forums but not the game. Going on 3 1/2 yrs. I really like having housing, I just wish they could get a little more creative with it so that we could too But in the thread I had started, I was given a millions reason why they wont/cant update housing. So if I am in the right place, and this is the petition thread I was guided to, then I /sign my name on the dotted line! Its time for an update for housing!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000022bbb9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed

Please Turbine, I think it would go a long way if we could finally have a response from a Dev saying one way or another if Housing updates are at least being considered. If not a simple "We have no plans of updating housing at this time" would at least let us know where things stand. In many areas you have been great in responding to suggestions and comments and have even implemented them in some cases. I think the Lotro community has provided more than enough feedback and some great ideas on Housing over the past 3+ years and are ready for some type of official response.

Thank You!
    [COLOR=#00ff00][COLOR=#00ff00]95 Bur[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#00ff00]glar-R8 | 95 Lore-Master-R8 | 95 Minstrel-R7 [COLOR=#00ff00]| 95 Hunter-R7 [/COLOR]| 95 Captain-R6 | [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ff00]85 Warden [/COLOR]| [COLOR=#ff0000]76 Rune-keeper[/COLOR] | [COLOR=#ffa500]60 Guardian[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I don't doubt there are such things in motion, I just wish we had some sort of 'honeydo' list from Turbine so that we know what they were working on in what order...though that would take some of the thrill out of it and probably promote more nagging from the player base.
    I'd love to believe that....but we've been asking for 4 years and almost nothing has changed.
    You are the new school, before that there was the old school.
    I must be ancient, my ex-wife thinks I'm pre-school

/singed Hinia

P.S. 1567 Give ability to instantly wipe any dwarf or hobbit that gets near my private property.

/signed

--Arraddell

I also think not just Kinship houses should have Huge/Enormous yard, but Deluxes as well.
    There should be housing in other lands as well. Moria, Lothlorien, Rivendell, Forochel! etc...
    I believe we should be able to sell our houses.

This petition has been going for over two and half years. Doesn't seem to working. Just sayin'.

Exclamation Re: Petition for housing system upgrade

Hey turbine...you do know if you improve housing you could make $ off it right...since you introduced the store......I hate the idea of more things in the store but if it gets me the update to houseing we've been asking for 3+ years now...I guess Ill take a bullet...

I'd just like to see some type of responce from Turbine on this issue. I mean really, if you don't plan on doing anything with housing..just be adults and tell us. And if you plan on doing something, just a nod from some official type would be amazing. I cannot for the life of me grasp why Turbine has been so totally devoid of acknowledgment on this thread. I read a lot of other forums here and also notice that Turbine doesn't interact very well with us. Being too busy is a cop out..so don't throw that old dead horse into the fray. I thought SOE's Devs and Mods were bad but at least they showed up on the forums once in awhile and some even actually were helpful. So hey Turbine how about you man up and speak up..it's the adult thing to do.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001b4a32/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/Signed!

I'm a founding member and remember watching lotro for a while leading up to its release. I was very excited for the housing features that were supposed to be included. I was glad when they finally added housing in. They were supposed to add some improvements to housing but as it stands 4yrs later and nothing... I had to take a break because of school and other RL commitments for a while, and while I love the game I was sad to see housing was left as it was before I had to take a break.

Some of the things that I would love to see include: Of course no hooks, the ability to upgrade the interior and exterior of houses, varied floor plans, housing in other zones where lore appropriate. I'd really like to see special larger housing outside of neighborhoods in various zones(Still instanced), these would be much more expensive then the houses in neighborhoods. They should be unique and require some exploration to find. The design should reflect the area, I know someone on another thread mentioned finding a cave and being able to use the interior as your home, or personally I'd like to have a house deep in the woods that one could get lost trying to find.

Yes, signed, lol.

I'm a lifer and generally appreciate the relatively slow pace this game is moving. What's the point in having to learn an MMO anew if you haven't been around for a couple of months?

However, if there's one thing I could immediately change or that would make me put real money to it, it would be housing.

I had stopped playing regularly around the time when housing was introduced and when I came back a couple of months ago, it was the first thing I went to check out.

It was when I entered my atrociously designed hobbit hole that it dawned on me that absolutely NOTHING has changed. That's just gross, Turbine!

Here you have a mechanic for a really cool permanent showroom for players achievements in the game that could stand the test of time throughout Expansions and you're treating it like an ugly stepchild? Really?

/signed

Also, instead of certain types of homes in certain lots, I'd like to be able to just buy a lot, and then pick from a selection of sizes/floorplans, each with their own price. Then there would be some variation between neighborhoods. This would also solve the problem of hoods running out of certain housing sizes.
    Nimrodel: [color=tan]Lillianeth (LM), Heldene (CH), Bremarth (H),
    Mardenia (B), Marthriel (W), Zirazbund (RK), Lullabee (M)[/color]
    Landroval: [color=tan]Penwareth (RK), Swiftlet (M)[/color]

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast